AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-09, 05:54   Link #81
blade82

any pics?? does anyone now if tis new serie will come out every week or month?
Old 2009-06-09, 08:23   Link #82
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Woah woah! Whats this about a new series?

Release dates?

Thoughts?
Old 2009-06-09, 08:42   Link #83
sumowow

Im not quite sure about the anime but the manga is done and over with. It's a great read and a nice comedy. There are some amazing moments in the manga and i wouldn't miss it for the world its one of the worlds most memorable manga.
Old 2009-06-09, 10:53   Link #84
Ugly Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumowow View Post
Im not quite sure about the anime but the manga is done and over with.
Uh, the manga was done and over with. It's just been continued.
Old 2009-06-09, 13:39   Link #85
Freeter
beyond

Seriously, have you guys been sleeping on this? Even animenewsnetwork reported it.

Yes, it is a sequel (those who remember the ending will know right away) and it is weekly. The only thing we don't know is how long it'll be, since the title implies it'll be short ('14 Days').

Whatever the case, it's more GTO, so get on it now. Even if the scans aren't out yet.
Old 2009-06-09, 16:19   Link #86
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
it´s kinda hard to enjoy the epicness without the scans....

Can´t Eikichi just fulfull his dream of a 16 year old bride finally? And you all know who i mean ;//
Old 2009-06-09, 16:39   Link #87
sumowow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Pig View Post
Uh, the manga was done and over with. It's just been continued.
Seriously? Thats news to me, hehe this is beginning to get interesting again. No matter how short it is i believe i'll enjoy myself again.
Old 2009-06-09, 16:48   Link #88
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Damn Eikichi the best teacher ever XD Too bad that i don't have a teacher like him in school .
Hurray , more Urumi Kanzaki
I'll wait for the sub ^^
Old 2009-06-10, 00:00   Link #89
Fettucine
Inactive Member

There is a translation available here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3925320...7619411058343/
Old 2009-06-10, 04:29   Link #90
Freeter
beyond

Hmm, so it really is a side story. The opening with Onizuka escaping the hospital had me fooled since the nurses looked older.

So the series is definitely going to be short-lived, and most of the old cast likely won't appear (maybe a cameo or two?). I hope it could lead to a GTO 2 in the future, but Fujisawa probably won't commit to it.

Spoiler for ch 1:
Old 2009-06-10, 06:32   Link #91
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Thanks for the link Just watch the chapter !

Hurray ! Onizuka is back and always hilarious XD
So this story will be 14 days in Shonan .
Ahah Urumi , "procreate" ^^
Ayame is cute Could be Onizuka's girlfriend
Another students to save ! Hope that it'll be not very short !
14 days = 14 chapters or 28 ?

(lol Suzumya Haruhi )
Old 2009-06-10, 14:34   Link #92
blade82

i saw that chap.1 and chap.2 would be 50 pages each its enormous for a weekly shedule
Old 2009-06-10, 23:54   Link #93
Sol Falling

Holy shit a sequel? And I just found out about GTO via onemanga a couple weeks ago. Nice.

On GTO itself. Well, the most consistent message Onizuka always tried to send was 'don't be a victim'. The world doesn't give a shit what you've been through; blaming and hating people will tend to trap you in a "I'm not responsible for my own happiness" mentality, and that is a mistake. Ultimately nobody can help you if you don't help yourself. Not only is that simply an inevitable reality, it is also more satisfying.

As is perhaps clear from the fact that I bothered expositing the moral, I can agree with these general ideas. GTO wasn't mindblowing as if it introduced them to me in the first place, but it was a fairly lucid and well constructed expression of them. Even if I can't say GTO became my favourite manga, it has certainly left a lasting and meaningful impression.

On the characters. Everyone here seems to be rooting for OnizukaxUrumi, but I am ultimately more interested in the very subtle hints of interest from Kikuchi. There are *tons* of obstacles for this pairing, not the least of which seem to include Kikuchi's awareness of some of them, leading to little to no attempts to actually pursue her on his part. However, it is truly the path of overcoming these obstacles that compells me to find this couple interesting.

Urumi and Kikuchi's relationship can basically be summarized by their IQs. They are 200 to 180. Very close, but Urumi is in the end better, so that despite their unique capacity to relate to each other, so far as Kikuchi is defined by his intelligence, he will always be a bit stale or boring to her. They work very well as a team, have a stable friendship centered on their respect for each other's opinions, but ultimately are nothing more.

What makes Onizuka so interesting to Urumi is the fact that he is always unexpected; he is fun through his spontanaeity. There is also the fact that he was the only and became the first adult figure she could trust, but this matter is ultimately something that separates them (that Onizuka is an elder whose role is to guide her). Kikuchi, with his reserved demeaner and quantifying outlook, was the first to identify Onizuka as someone with the potential for that trust and unexpected happiness, but is also to Urumi himself entirely predictable. That's why, in order to become interesting to Urumi, Kikuchi has to step beyond the cool utilization (more like reliance) of his mental ability.

Anyway, I don't expect anything like Kikuchi winning over Urumi's crush on Onizuka in the manga itself. That I spent half of my intro post (edit: shit, quite a bit more than half, actually! >_<) talking about shipping is totally disproportionate. I just wanted to get it out there, though, that there is another side, and it's just as interesting.

Hey. You know it, GTO rocks! (let's go out on that good vibe.)

Last edited by Sol Falling; 2009-06-11 at 02:07.
Old 2009-06-11, 01:57   Link #94
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

So Urumi is only 14 and in middles school o_O. Never knew middle school-ers nowadays can do that kind of delinquent acts, thought they were all high school students at the end of GTO :P
Old 2009-06-11, 05:23   Link #95
Kikuchi

Yeah, that's one of the few problems (if not the only ?) of GTO for me, judging from the characters and how everything was going on, I always had a hard time believing they were only in middle-school.

It's like Fujisawa intended them to be in high-school all along and, at the last moment, the editor said "screw it, make it MS"
Old 2009-06-11, 08:59   Link #96
AnimeFangirl

I'd like it if something developed between Onizuka and the woman he just met. She seems sweet enough and obviously admires him. Then again if Onizuka ever gets a stable girlfriend the universe might just implode.

And yeah, I always thought the setting and characters were better suited to high school. Japanese middle-schoolers must be something else if the readers find this believable!
Old 2009-06-17, 08:43   Link #97
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler for 02:
Old 2009-06-17, 09:40   Link #98
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
So, Onizuka SAYS he´ll do it in 14 days´time, but there is no certain guarantee that he WILL be able to do it... hoping for another whooping 50-100 chapters atleast

*daydream*
Old 2009-06-17, 20:34   Link #99
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

very unlikely, though I hope so too :P. Well, if they want to make it into long series, they can makes several short stories instead ^^
Old 2009-06-18, 06:07   Link #100
Kikuchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
So, Onizuka SAYS he´ll do it in 14 days´time, but there is no certain guarantee that he WILL be able to do it... hoping for another whooping 50-100 chapters atleast

*daydream*
There's no guarantee that he'll be able to do it, indeed... But then he'd just fail. This story occurs between volumes 19 and 20 of GTO, they can't strech the time period too much.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, shonen