AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 39 21.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 16.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 46 25.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 35 19.66%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 9.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 3.37%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-14, 23:37   Link #221
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Honestly, and I know this is going to sound really, really strange coming from me... there was a little too much focus on Nagato. She hasn't even done anything yet(aside from the slightly off-screen relay race) and she got almost as much focus during the announcement scene as Haruhi. While I laughed at the part where she confirmed that she was allowing Haruhi to use the Lit. Club's funding for the movie, it was a bit jarring to see her get that much focus.

Oh well, looking forward to next week's episode, and the inevitable debut of Witch Nagato.

6/10
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-08-14, 23:41   Link #222
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Honestly, and I know this is going to sound really, really strange coming from me... there was a little too much focus on Nagato. She hasn't even done anything yet(aside from the slightly off-screen relay race) and she got almost as much focus during the announcement scene as Haruhi. While I laughed at the part where she confirmed that she was allowing Haruhi to use the Lit. Club's funding for the movie, it was a bit jarring to see her get that much focus.

Oh well, looking forward to next week's episode, and the inevitable debut of Witch Nagato.

6/10
I think that the anime likes to focus on Nagato to help compensate for her lack of lines (or shorter lines, in any event), relative to the rest of the main cast. Basically, it's to remind the viewer "Don't forget, even though she's not actually saying anything, Nagato is here!"
Old 2009-08-14, 23:51   Link #223
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

But she didn't really get this treatment in the first season outside of Someday in the Rain. It's just weird.

Also, I think someone needs to tell royrbff that he can stop 1-voting the series, E8 ended last week.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-08-14, 23:58   Link #224
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Just checking, but this is the newest episode right? As in no more Endless Eight shit?

I just rewatched the first season and I'm still reeling how they could fuck up such a cash cow like this. It's like everything that made the first season so enjoyable is everything they decided to stay away from in the second.

Gah, sorry. I don't even know what to expect of this show at this point, Haruhi-chan and Churyua were more worthwhile.

>_<

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2009-08-15, 00:03   Link #225
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

You say that like Haruhi-chan and Churuya-san were bad... Okay, the latter does get old pretty quickly, but Haruhi-chan was awesome.
Old 2009-08-15, 00:42   Link #226
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I'm not terribly annoyed by them animating SIGHS instead of DISAPPEARANCE, but I am little bit ticked off because of the 8-episode-arc-that-must-not-be-named taking place before this and killing off any time in this season for it to be animated.

This animation style is so gross though. I would normally rate this episode at least an 8, but it gets a 7 because my eyes actually find displeasure when I look at the Goddess drawn and animated in such a horrid way.

I really detest KyoAni as a studio these days, they have quickly been losing my grace in all but one show, and now they are fucking that up too.
Old 2009-08-15, 00:49   Link #227
Triple_R
*Author

Given K-On's economic success, I'm actually pleasantly surprised that this many people dislike/hate this art style. It actually reaffirms some of my faith in the otaku community.

It's good to know that I'm not the only one who values anatomic correctness.
Old 2009-08-15, 00:51   Link #228
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

WESTERN otaku community. A great many people on this side of the Pacific despised K-On.

I don't think that many of the real otaku did.
Old 2009-08-15, 01:12   Link #229
OkamiNoKaze

I thought it was a pretty interesting and funny show. I had no idea what it was about going into it, though I think I knew it was about a band, or something like that. I just saw people here with avatars for it, and someone made a video on Youtube that used part of Don't Say Lazy in it, so I checked out the full song, then decided to check out the show.
Old 2009-08-15, 01:31   Link #230
Jintor

How many episodes left of Season One+ do we have before we have to sit back and endure some more trolling from KyoAni re: Disappearance?
Old 2009-08-15, 01:36   Link #231
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
How many episodes left of Season One+ do we have before we have to sit back and endure some more trolling from KyoAni re: Disappearance?
Eight total.
Old 2009-08-15, 01:50   Link #232
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post
Also I'm starting to dislike Haruhi as a person. I can't believe that she was actually going to purposely spill hot tea on Kyon. If I was was in his position I would give her cold stare and firmly say, "Are you serious?" Right now she's a brat and she needs to learn her place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
At the moment, though... I would never want to go to a tea party that Haruhi is hosting. (just to keep this on-topic)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyanme View Post
I couldn't help but laugh when Haruhi motioned to pour hot tea on Kyon. Probably because I'd do the same if I had the chance. :C orz
wtf is up with all this questioning of Haruhi's tea scene? Isn't it obvious that she just used that as an excuse to serve Kyon tea and tease him at the same time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
WESTERN otaku community. A great many people on this side of the Pacific despised K-On.

I don't think that many of the real otaku did.
You can't even compare other "otaku" to REAL JAPANESE OTAKU. The degrees of fandom is like comparing the moon to the sun...
Old 2009-08-15, 01:57   Link #233
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
wtf is up with all this questioning of Haruhi's tea scene? Isn't it obvious that she just used that as an excuse to serve Kyon tea and tease him at the same time?
Umm... no, it's not. Is this kind of teasing common in Japan? It certainly isn't in my neck of the woods.

You have to keep in mind that in North America, companies have been successfully sued for their customers being burned with overly hot beverages. I personally felt that it was crazy that these lawsuits were successful, but even implying that you're going to pour a hot beverage on someone is not taken lightly in North America.

Also, again... the anime screwed this scene up badly. The anime gave me the impression that Haruhi was dead serious about pouring hot tea on Kyon, and that it was an act of pure eccentricity on her part.
Old 2009-08-15, 01:58   Link #234
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Umm... no, it's not. Is this kind of teasing common in Japan? It certainly isn't in my neck of the woods.

You have to keep in mind that in North America, companies have been successfully sued for their customers being burned with overly hot beverages. I personally felt that it was crazy that these lawsuits were successful, but even implying that you're going to pour a hot beverage on someone is not taken lightly in North America.

Also, again... the anime screwed this scene up badly. I got the impression that Haruhi was dead serious about pouring hot tea on Kyon, and that it was an act of pure eccentricity on her part.
Wow... I think you know nothing about Haruhi...

She let him know in advance... and she didn't try very hard spilling it...
Old 2009-08-15, 01:59   Link #235
ijuinkun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post

Yeah, right...
Only if you haven't seen "The Promise of Haruhi Suzumiya" :P
Old 2009-08-15, 02:07   Link #236
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
but even implying that you're going to pour a hot beverage on someone is not taken lightly in North America.
Not on this side of the country, man.
Old 2009-08-15, 02:08   Link #237
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Wow... I think you know nothing about Haruhi...
What bullcrap. I know plenty about Haruhi. Just because I disagree with you on this one scene doesn't mean I know nothing about Haruhi.

Quote:

She let him know in advance... and she didn't try very hard spilling it...
...So are you saying that this is common in Japan? Because, again, this is very weird (and doesn't come across good at all) to most westerners.
Old 2009-08-15, 02:10   Link #238
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
What bullcrap. I know plenty about Haruhi. Just because I disagree with you on this one scene doesn't mean I know nothing about Haruhi.

...So are you saying that this is common in Japan? Because, again, this is very weird (and doesn't come across good at all) to most westerners.
You can't be 28...
Old 2009-08-15, 02:12   Link #239
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Wait... that scene was supposed to be Haruhi flirting? Could've fooled me.
Old 2009-08-15, 02:14   Link #240
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
You can't be 28...
Yes I am 28.