AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-09, 15:00   Link #581
Taynis
Wonderland's hitman

Send a message via MSN to Taynis
The animation was pretty good, and I like the colors of it. But, the plot was not interesting enough for me, I was almost sleeping...But I will try more episodes (most because of the cat on the MC's shoulders and the cleaning robots ("Can't get clean! >=( ")) XD
Old 2012-10-09, 15:19   Link #582
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taynis View Post
and the cleaning robots ("Can't get clean! >=( ")) XD
Oh yeah, that reminds me - I, ahem, procured a subbed version to watch with a friend, since Hulu is not available here, and... how on earth did "katajikenai" (old-fashioned "samurai" way of saying "much obliged") turn into "can't even clean"? Did they misunderstand it as "katazukenai"? but... how?? they're cleaner robots, they will thank you if you put trash into them!

Also, "Niwa" instead of Miwa and "Takara" instead of Tatara? I could understand misunderstanding Miwa (they weren't pronouncing it very clearly) but the name is written in the cast list as "三輪" and Tatara's name is even written in the OP with romaji... Also, "Scepter 4" is actually Septer 4, it may make even less sense but it's there in the OP and all over the promo images... x_x) Don't tell me this is the official translation!
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 15:25   Link #583
firetiger027

I think you probably have the non official subs because the ones on Hulu translated what the robots said as "You're too kind." or something like that.
firetiger027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 15:31   Link #584
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetiger027 View Post
I think you probably have the non official subs because the ones on Hulu translated what the robots said as "You're too kind." or something like that.
Ahh, good to know. The group who did the subs tends to rip official translations, but apparently this time they tinkered with the original subs. *makes a mental note to avoid this group's releases for K*
Old 2012-10-09, 17:12   Link #585
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I also hate how the word "fanboy" was thrown around. As if bashing the series' first episode is not enough.
I wasn't bashing the series. I wasn't even really bashing the 'fanboys' and if someone took that to be bashing, I'm sorry. It wasn't intended that way.

What I was making fun of is the all of the people going all 'OH GAWD ITS YAOI.'

ITS THE FIRST FUCKING EPISODE. Besides, I can pick out more shows that give off BL vibes...
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 18:41   Link #586
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
You know the reaction to this first episode makes me wonder what people would think of Legend of The Galactic Heroes aired today. I wonder if people would interpret the burning loyalty and man love for outright yaoi undertones.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 19:50   Link #587
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
You know the reaction to this first episode makes me wonder what people would think of Legend of The Galactic Heroes aired today. I wonder if people would interpret the burning loyalty and man love for outright yaoi undertones.
In my perfect world, Lohengramm and Kircheis were in love with each other but in the series Lohengramm was in love with Kircheis who was in love with Lohengramm's sister, Annerose. That was how I felt when I watched it the first time. *ahem*
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 21:09   Link #588
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis View Post
In my perfect world, Lohengramm and Kircheis were in love with each other but in the series Lohengramm was in love with Kircheis who was in love with Lohengramm's sister, Annerose. That was how I felt when I watched it the first time. *ahem*
Yes this is how I saw it too. Well either love or the ultimate bromance.

And the lyrics of the second song make me think of them

"I must be strong without you by my side
I can see forever you are my light"
Old 2012-10-09, 21:40   Link #589
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Episode 1:

- Eh, I didn't really mind the male bonding in this episode. As of right now I see no reason why this would go down any BL route (like Junjou Romantica). I'd say at best it will be at Kuroko no Basuke's level, which is still just guys being platonicly tsundere to each other.

- The problem I have with this episode then, is that it felt like I was watching a 24 minute trailer. It's just all these scenes that looks quite cool, but currently have no connection with each other. I have no problem with the whole "Evil Shiro alter-ego" thingy not being explained yet, as this will probably be central to the main plot, but I wish at least some questions were answered. What are these flames? What are those big towery things that rise into the sky when the two gangs started battling? Why is a SWAT team so intimidated by a bunch of kids that look like they belong in a sum41 music video? My guess is that a bit more episodes in these different gangs and their agenda will start to connect and perhaps make sense. So really it depends on the patience of the viewer.

- Oh, and the blue. When it gets too blue, I just think of them being underwater, like Sponge Bob. I don't mind it that much. The atmosphere and setting of show is pretty nice.

- That skateboarding kid made a pretty big impression on me. I eagerly await future scenes with him and hope his future fight scenes will be something like this:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
       /
      / \|
    /

Last edited by winhlp32; 2012-10-10 at 03:15. Reason: intimidated.
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 22:22   Link #590
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Some say that the blue represents who owns a particular area. In this case, everything you see tinted in blue is supervised by SCEPTER4.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 22:29   Link #591
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Didn't quite know what to expect out of this series, and was surprised by what I saw, but was kinda pleasantly surprised - enough to engage my curiosity more than usual towards the upcoming eps ... and this kind of storyline, charas and such is not really my "sup of tea', per se. Will be interested to see where it goes.
Old 2012-10-10, 01:45   Link #592
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Why is a SWAT team so intimated by a bunch of kids that look like they belong in a sum41 music video?
Maybe because the kids' boss can ignite a magic flame hot enough to destroy walls and melt metal (apparently). I don't see the point of even sending the SWAT team in, but I suppose it had to be done to show that Septer 4 are with the govt and Homra are the rebels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
- Oh, and the blue. When it gets too blue, I just think of them being underwater, like Sponge Bob. I don't mind it that much. The atmosphere and setting of show is pretty nice.
Blue is the "hip and urban" filter, I really don't know why people are so surprised at the show using it so heavily... Anyway, there were some really nice shots in the intro where everything is tinted blue except when we're watching through Anna's glass marble thingie, then we see the "true colors." It was really nice and had enough focus, so maybe there's more to the blue filter thing than simply "woah, hip and urban!" There's also what Marcus H suggested, that the color represents the Sexy Corps.

Off-topic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Yes this is how I saw it too. Well either love or the ultimate bromance.

And the lyrics of the second song make me think of them

"I must be strong without you by my side
I can see forever you are my light"
Ha! And the best part, Reinhard's habit of playing with Kircheis' hair, didn't even make it into the anime (the core series, anyway, I think they sneaked it into one of the gaidens). Me, I always liked the rapport between Reuenthal & Mittermeier more, though. That third season finale. Aaahh. And in this case you can't even blame fanservice or pandering, because apparently Tanaka Yoshiki was shocked to find out that people were writing fanfic and doujinshi about the characters, and his agency pretty much forbids fan material that portrays the characters in an "unfavorable light" that is not true to the spirit of the novels. (There used to be a running gag that a certain main character -no, not that one- had to die just to spite shippers, which is of course not true, but is nevertheless telling of Tanaka's attitude.)
Old 2012-10-10, 01:54   Link #593
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Why is a SWAT team so intimated by a bunch of kids that look like they belong in a sum41 music video?
I don't think that "intimidated" is the right word. Their clothing reminds me of the Shinsengumi, and like the Shinsengumi, they are the strict enforcers of the law in the area. It's also possible that they are simply keeping these Red Aura guys from becoming a threat.

Right now, the plot is not a directly presented to us, so the viewers can only be "enlightened" by speculation, as in any original anime series.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 07:00   Link #594
Bombo
TSF Fans

I like the animation with this series and looking forward for next episode .
But the only I'm only complain for some scene not necessary like skating .
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 08:32   Link #595
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Visually the anime is absolutely gorgeous - both the animation, backgrounds and colors are stunning. The soundtrack is pretty good too. I'm not sure about the plot, though. We didn't get the tiniest bit of information on what the hell is happening, which made the first episode rather confusing. It's hard to give a shit about what's going on if you don't even know what's going on.

Somehow it feels more like an original project from Nico Douga than an actual anime.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 10:02   Link #596
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
We didn't get the tiniest bit of information on what the hell is happening, which made the first episode rather confusing.
1. In a world where people have special powers...
2. Homra, a gang whose members can manipulate fire and are led by Suou Mikoto are looking for someone, and are pissed off at him enough to destroy buildings and beat people up to find him.
3. Following a lead Homra attack a guy but it appears he knows nothing. Meanwhile, Septer 4 (led by Munakata Reishi), enemies of Homra appear and the two groups fight off-screen. The fight involves two huge-ass swords summoned by the groups' collective powers. Septer 4 presumably wins and captures Mikoto.
4. Our main character, Isana Yashiro (nickname Shiro) is seemingly an ordinary high school student. He goes on an errand for the student council, but a Homra gang member notices Shiro and identifies him as the guy they're looking for. Homra members start chasing him.
5. In the end Homra corners Shiro but in the last minute he is saved by Yatogami Kurou (nicknamed Black Dog) who whisks him away into safety...
6. Except it turns out Kurou also wants to kill him as per his late master's last wish.
7. Homra release the video on the basis of which they're chasing Shiro: a psycho version of him killing someone named Kaji Yuuki Totsuka Tatara, who, as the OP tells us, was a member of Homra and is likely going to be a key person in the plot.
8. Shiro kind of admits being the same person as shown on the video.
9. DUN DUN DUUUUNN! Is Shiro really that psycho from the video? Who was Tatara and why did he have to die? Why isn't Shiro psycho anymore? (or... is he?!) Why does Septer 4 care? Is there a point in keeping a flame user whose power can melt metal chained up in a wooden building? Tune in next Friday to find out in the next episode of "K"!
10. In the next episode, Shiro's white cat turns into a naked girl (no, really).

Note, I don't have access to secret production materials, I concluded all this from watching the episode.
Old 2012-10-10, 10:19   Link #597
Reek of Blood
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
The plot’s a little difficult to figure out, but the animation is brilliant. I’m willing to stick with this for a while longer to see how the story plays out.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like the coloring style is kind of similar to Mardock scramble’s?
Reek of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 10:22   Link #598
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

LOL, yeah I still don't get what so confusing, for me its even too simple.. like I said multiple time its very "Hong Kong"

2 Side beating each other side up, I doubt there's more than that... there's subplot about the sword and Shiro's identity, but I believe that just excuse to have more fighting to two (or three?) side that having conflict.
Old 2012-10-10, 10:37   Link #599
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
8. Shiro kind of admits being the same person as shown on the video.
Minor correction which may or may not become important. According to the translation, Shiro didn't kind of admit to being the same person but rather that he kind of admitted he looks like the person on the video. Thus opening up the possibility of twins or clones, etc., in addition to the possibility that he might in fact be the person in the video.

You left out 2 things that I think are important. (1) Shiro appears to be able to communicate with the white cat. (2) A ghost girl is floating around the high school that none of the students can see but the robot cleaners can. (Whether Shiro can see her is unknown at this time.)

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2012-10-10 at 10:41. Reason: added bit about ghost girl
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 10:50   Link #600
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Isn't the naked girl also the cat?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bishonen, fantasy, gang, supernatural