Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-08-01, 14:42   Link #521
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
It's now been announced :P Cant wait!
Temari, Chouji and Jiraya are so far known to be playable.
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 18:48   Link #522
byakurasengan
Kage Bunshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandonz
Hi, i have a couple of questions to ask before buying the game. Thanks!

1. I live in Australia and would like to buy it in a store (not on-line and on PS2 not gamecube) when will it be availible?

2. What shops will it be availible at? and more importantly when is the release date for the FULL ENGLISH version in Australia
dude, that's gonna be a long time. the english version wont be available unless IMO naruto will be dubbed in english, or american game designers will have licenses on the game. about the stores, unfortunately i dont know, but ill safely say that its only available in japan ATM, since, of course, its japanese. the release date would be sept 30, and its recommended that you import it from play-asia or other import sites. go to naruto fan sites like www.narutofan.com or www.leafninja.com for more info about the import sites.
byakurasengan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 22:20   Link #523
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Try not linkin naruto fan here (for obvious reasons ) .... anyways... you can try:

Play Asia ...I ordered Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2 from here last December... not a bad place imo...
National Console Support ... this is another good site to order import games...

The current Gamecube, Playstation 2, and Gameboy Advanced Naruto games will most likely never see North American or Australian stores... in any case, when Naruto get really mainstream in those places, that's the only time you will probably see a game released for those regions... but it's probably not going to be the current ones...
Old 2004-08-02, 13:40   Link #524
azuki

Send a message via AIM to azuki Send a message via MSN to azuki Send a message via Yahoo to azuki
tight...I REALLY WANT THE GAME! lolx..how do i get the game? do u know where i can download the naruto game? or do i have to order it?
azuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-02, 13:42   Link #525
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by azuki
tight...I REALLY WANT THE GAME! lolx..how do i get the game? do u know where i can download the naruto game? or do i have to order it?
Nope you have to order. But you should wait till the new Gamecube game gets released cause it'll be the best
Old 2004-08-02, 15:46   Link #526
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by azuki
Actually, you can download the Naruto game... but you will need a legit Phantasy Star Online and a Gamecube network adapter to play it... but you will not get any background music and there will be noticeable loading times before you start matches... my buddy plays Naruto 2 this way and I think it's too troublesome... I say save yourself all the trouble and buy it from an import shop... also, I think it's better (like abazou said) to wait for December and get the third installment of this game...

edit: Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 3 has been officially announced...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamespot staff
TOKYO--According to Weekly Jump magazine, Tomy is planning to release Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 3 for the GameCube. It should be available in Japan by the end of the year.

Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 3 will have at least three new characters: the chubby Chouji, the female ninja Temari, and the ninja master Jiraiya. The characters are grouped into teams of three based on the game's manga and anime inspiration, such as Team Konoha (Ino, Shikamaru, Chouji) and Team Sand (Kankuro, Gaara, Temari). Tomy has hinted that there will be a new game mode based on these teams. The game will also inherit the four-player fighting mode from last year's iteration of the series.

GameSpot will provide more information on Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 3 as it becomes available.
I wonder how the new game mode will incorporate the 3 man teams... maybe some sort of tagging in and out ... and better yet... combo supers! damn.... I'm gonna pre-order this game the moment playasia is taking orders...

Last edited by Prince of Chronics; 2004-08-02 at 16:46.
Prince of Chronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 09:53   Link #527
Xikius
JTHM ~> Z?

Send a message via AIM to Xikius
can not wait for the third game to come out. got the first and second ones when they first came out, and this will not be any different. ^_^ what i'm hoping they do with the team part, is they combine the 3 character matches with 4-player mode. (each player picks 3 characters and they switch off as the characters get defeated)
Xikius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 12:32   Link #528
fieryshadowcard

So... the third Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen is coming out soon, eh...? I'm looking forward to it. I can't get the game because first, I have no Gamecube, second, even if I did I have no money, and third, I wouldn't know where to look. However, I know a fellow college student who will most certainly have no trouble with these problems, so through him, I will still enjoy it.

I have some speculations about the new characters, concerning who else will appear:

Tenten- for the sole reason that I heard earlier in the thread that a team battle mode is going to be incorporated. Her special is obvious.

Shino- same reason as above.

Tsunade- If Naruto is wielding a mastered Rasengan, this arc will most likely bring the deadly Sannin in. I'm wondering if her special ability is to heal. That would be great, lol. Anyone thinking that it would be cheesy clearly has never had their Chakra sealed by Orochimaru.

Shizune- For the same reason above (Rasengan-wise), although I don't know what her special will be.

Itachi- If there's gonna be a story mode, he is a must in this. And his special is clearly Tsukiyomi. I'm also wondering if he'll be wielding Amaterasu the way Sharingan Sasuke wields the Mythical Fire Flower. For those worried about him being broken, he'll most likely be the last unlockable character, like Sharingan Sasuke was.

Kabuto- Same reason as above (story-wise). His special will most likely deal with attacking the opponent's chakra (ie- cutting it in half permanently with his chakra surgery technique or something). Plus, if MIZUKI of all people got screentime, I wanna see Kabuto.

Semi-possessed Gaara- It's a possibility. We may see Gaara with a sand arm or two. Perhaps his special will be to launch the opponent in the air and hit them repeatedly with the slingshot method he used against Sasuke?

Kisame/Kurenai/Asuma/Ino's dad/Chouji's dad/Shika's dad- not likely, since we haven't really seen too much of their fighting yet. Well, not enough to develop a fighting character around, anyway (unlike Gai... ^_^U). I'm just hoping they're playable. Kisame will most likely fight like Zabuza (maybe even be a replacement or alternate character like Mizuki is for Iruka) but with a Neji-esque special (draining Chakra). No idea about the others at the moment.

Akamaru/Karasu- I'm betting they will stay. Not that I'm pleased with that (well, I don't mind Karasu but Akamaru is just annoying), just that hey, Sharingan Sasuke is the CHEESIEST character ever.... There will probably be more balance to deal with these two in the next game, so that it's less of a problem.

I hope there's going to be a Marvel-vs.-Capcom-2-level of character selection.

Here's my thoughts on new specials/fighting styles:

Now, as for specials, one special will most likely change- Ino's. Since Chouji is now playable, and since no one else has a special where another fighting character is involved (except Kankurou and Kiba), Ino will most likely do something different when she switches bodies. Perhaps plaster her opponent with explosive seals and release her hold to get while the getting's good? There's no evidence as of yet to suggest that she learns her father's techniques.

Naruto- Rasengan. His special. He'll most likely hold an opponent in place with Kage Bunshin, and then charge them with Rasengan, since he won't be dashing like Kakashi/Sharingan Sasuke with Chidori.

Jiraiya- Either Rasengan or one of the less devastating frogs. If he uses Rasengan, he'll either do it plainly (ie. just hit them or perhaps even dash at Kakashi-level speed) or hold the opponent in place with a frog. If he uses a frog, he'll probably slam the opponent repeatedly. Or maybe he'll have multiple specials like Sharingan Kakashi/Sasuke or Lee? Hey, that reminds me. Could it be possible many people will have more than one special this time?

Chouji/Shikamaru/Kiba- since Naruto has mastered the Rasengan at this point, I'm betting they, too, will have already mastered their respective techniques, so perhaps Chouji will have his father's techniques already (and after using his special, he'll be skinny and have a new, faster fighting style), Kiba and Akamaru will use Garuuga, and Shikamaru will use his father's techniques.

Rock Lee- Hey, anyone want to see Rock Lee fight with the Drunken Fist style?

Temari- Her special... think Kamaitachi as far as how she did it to Tenten. That should be enough of an idea.

These are just my thoughts. I'm not speaking officially. Just thought I'd inspire in-depth speculation into the changes the third installment will bring about.

-Yusef "The B.A.T." Pittman.
fieryshadowcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 14:02   Link #529
lotus_lee

I got this game last December and IMO, it's definitely the best fighting game I have ever played. It resembles the anime so much which is why I like it. I had to import mine as well and have to use Freeloader to play it on my PAL Gamecube. Man, I must have beat Sharingan no Sasuke up so many times in that game.

I'm definitely getting Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 3 when it comes out. I think I'm gonna pre-order it off play-asia since you get a free Gashapon figure. However, Lik-Sang normally do free delivery on theirs so I'll have to decide. I hope they have Shizune in it, even though it would have to go into the manga a bit more since we haven't seen much of her in the anime. Hopefully by the time it's released in December, we should see more of her. Man, she's so hot....

Oh, I hope Ayame appears somewhere in the game as well, behind the ramen stand as usual.
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 14:21   Link #530
FreakyEyes

I wonder, what happens when Itachi does Tsukiyomi? It shouldn't cause physical damage, and it is something that is clearly a super. Maybe he just first uses Tsukiyomi and after the torture beats the victim completely, by some way.

Temari must of course have a wind jutsu super and some wind special attacks, didn't she do some kind of wind attack in those pictures and that was clearly not super...

And every characters should have more than one super! That is pretty clear, too.
FreakyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 15:09   Link #531
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyEyes
I wonder, what happens when Itachi does Tsukiyomi? It shouldn't cause physical damage, and it is something that is clearly a super. Maybe he just first uses Tsukiyomi and after the torture beats the victim completely, by some way.

Temari must of course have a wind jutsu super and some wind special attacks, didn't she do some kind of wind attack in those pictures and that was clearly not super...

And every characters should have more than one super! That is pretty clear, too.

It probably will do damage, probably a nice amount too. Also it will probably be broken as hell like Oro's special in 2. It will probably have unlimited range, the person just as to be eye level with you, and you can get the special off.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 02:40   Link #532
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

I think they'll be completing all the teams for sure. I bet Shino and Tenten will make it for sure. As for the 3 sound nins i'm no sure.
Old 2004-08-05, 06:06   Link #533
ArbalestAS

ARRGGHH!!!... and i just got the 2nd game about 2 weeks ago. i've been playing it non-stop though. they haveta have kabuto at least, and maybe tsunade since they're gonna have chouji and had mizuki. and if they wanna finish the teams of 3. AND they should have the hokages, itachi and kisame. so many characters that they didn't put in the 2nd game... they really need to finish the teams of 3. the 3 sound nins? maybe, but i'd like those 4 better. actually, i want to see some of the teachers like asuma and kurenai. so you could play 3 vs. 3 with the genin teams, or a intra-team 4way battle with genin and teacher. a lot of characters like said before haven't had enough screen time to make a fighting style for them, but i hope the developers try anyway.

and also, maybe update some of the specials. have naruto and maybe jiraiya both do the rasengan. ohh...lee with the drunken style sounds good. tsunade should have that whole chakra/electric move and your controls should be like reverse AND upside down. A=the up d-pad, and pressing right would be like pressing B or something. and they should change sakura/ino and shikamaru's specials. shika should be able to do that neck-bind thing that can actually hurt his enemies while binding. i don't know, sakura/ino/shika/gai's specials kinda get boring.

can't wait...so many expectation and scattered thoughts in my post. i hope i won't be let down (though i probably won't be) i just would like the game to go past the current anime arc now
Spoiler for current arc:
ArbalestAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 17:30   Link #534
NL|MegaMika

Naruto GNT3 pre-ordered, with free gashapon and, if Tomy gives away a pre-order gift, it will be shipped to me too. Man I really can't wait hearing Naruto shout 'ero-sennin' to Jiraiya ^_^
NL|MegaMika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 09:09   Link #535
byakurasengan
Kage Bunshin

oopss!!! sorry about linking.. sorry!!
byakurasengan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 11:58   Link #536
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Well the game follows the manga and not the anime. So expect lots of new characters.
Old 2004-08-18, 06:48   Link #537
NeoKakashi
Copy-Ninja NeoKakashi

Send a message via AIM to NeoKakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziphra
EDIT: oh i forgot i was gonna ask a question. For those who had it and spent the ungodly amount of time getting Sharingan Sasuke, for the Chidori, if you just push X, its just like Kakashi's right? but if you hold it, is it still like Kakashi's? Or is it...*gasp*auto-hit??? I heard it zooms into Sasuke's face, but that must mean after you hit the person right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi
No its just like Kakashi except it has a different scene then his. If you hold it down all the way it even has a different scene, which looks pretty cool ^^ He has a jump X too that is handy in multiplayer =p
Actually, Sharingan no Sasuke's Chidori and Kakashi's Raikiri are a little different. I have tested this in multiplayer. If you use the specials at the same time (When this happens, the two character's faces will pop up in the middle of the screen, which happens when two players use their special at the same time) and charge the whole time, Sasuke's will always hit Kakashi. Sasuke's travels much faster.
NeoKakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 13:31   Link #538
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoKakashi
Actually, Sharingan no Sasuke's Chidori and Kakashi's Raikiri are a little different. I have tested this in multiplayer. If you use the specials at the same time (When this happens, the two character's faces will pop up in the middle of the screen, which happens when two players use their special at the same time) and charge the whole time, Sasuke's will always hit Kakashi. Sasuke's travels much faster.
Sasuke travels much faster and moves for a longer distance.
Old 2004-08-23, 15:26   Link #539
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyEyes

It'll be really intresting to see what he new specials are.
Old 2004-09-15, 02:43   Link #540
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NL|MegaMika
Naruto GNT3 pre-ordered, with free gashapon and, if Tomy gives away a pre-order gift, it will be shipped to me too. Man I really can't wait hearing Naruto shout 'ero-sennin' to Jiraiya ^_^
Where did you pre-order?