AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-11, 00:22   Link #121
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Ugh, nevermind then. I'm not entirely sure I like where they are going with this now.

I mean the action in the game looked really awesome, but that really isn't enough to warrant me to be content with them screwing up the continuity and entirely removing the stealth aspect of the Metal Gear franchise.

I'll give it a chance, but this could possibly end up being the stain on the series' record.
Old 2011-12-11, 00:28   Link #122
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Ugh, nevermind then. I'm not entirely sure I like where they are going with this now.

I mean the action in the game looked really awesome, but that really isn't enough to warrant me to be content with them screwing up the continuity and entirely removing the stealth aspect of the Metal Gear franchise.

I'll give it a chance, but this could possibly end up being the stain on the series' record.

Nah, I think the stain will look quiet nice next to AC!D's stain~
Old 2011-12-11, 01:01   Link #123
solidvanz
Special Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Nah, I think the stain will look quiet nice next to AC!D's stain~
Well, this game gonna be 21st century Snake's Revenge!
Old 2011-12-11, 01:07   Link #124
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
I'm gonna miss the ol' Espionage action. Going from that all the way to Hack n' Slash is a pretty huge leap.... I was kinda hoping to fight Vamp as a final boss fight with a knife~

Now it's got me questioning... as the reason we didn't hear anything about Rising for so long was because the developers didn't know what to do, before they totally decided to overhaul everything?
From what I've heard, the original team handling Metal Gear Rising, the team that made the first trailer, was a completely new team. Kojima was not satisfied with their work on the game, so he scrapped the game and gave it to Platinum instead.

I'm guessing even though the ideas were good (DYNAMIC CUTTING!) they probably weren't experienced enough to create a good action game.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 02:42   Link #125
solidvanz
Special Operative

MGR: Revengeance latest art:
Spoiler for Jack's Revenge:
Old 2011-12-11, 04:40   Link #126
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I see a face in Raiden's sword.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 04:41   Link #127
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Revengeance is the best word ever.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 06:21   Link #128
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Platinum games? This game is confirmed for awesome. The only problem I see with it is that it's got pretty much nothing to do with MGS anymore. Ah well, it's not a bad idea to take the series into a new direction.
Old 2011-12-11, 06:37   Link #129
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Anyone else think the story revolves around the people who were holding Ulga's kid hostage or what ever?
Old 2011-12-11, 07:01   Link #130
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Anyone else think the story revolves around the people who were holding Ulga's kid hostage or what ever?
That was what was initially planned. However, the game now takes place several years after MGS4 so I doubt it will be touched upon. Hey, now that I think about it, we might see grown-up Sunny in this game.
Old 2011-12-11, 07:03   Link #131
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That was what was initially planned. However, the game now takes place several years after MGS4 so I doubt it will be touched upon. Hey, now that I think about it, we might see grown-up Sunny in this game.
-backs away slowly before the "Weirdo's" come

Weirdo's I mean "Noooo! keep her a child!"
Old 2011-12-11, 07:09   Link #132
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

They better still allow us to cut us some watermelons.

Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 07:21   Link #133
solidvanz
Special Operative

Metal Gear Rising is Not Part of Metal Gear Solid Series
Kojima Productions clears up a few bits about the new Metal Gear game.

Kojima Productions has been clearing up some rumors and misconceptions regarding Metal Gear Rising Revengeance following the game's unveiling earlier today.

First off, a rumor that quickly surfaced after the game's unveiling: Rising is a proper sequel in the Metal Gear Solid saga. This, according to the Kojipro official Twitter, is not the case. "We've only said that the period setting is several years after MGS4. Metal Gear Rising is not part of the Metal Gear Solid series. At present, we can't say more than this."

Rising was also the main subject of the latest Hideraji podcast, with producer Yuji Korekado sharing a few additional details about the project. Here's some of what was discussed based off a summary of the broadcast that's making the rounds (I haven't given the broadcast a listen for myself, so my translation is second hand -- there may be a few differences when you hear the official English background story via a video that will be released on the 13th).

The original Rising was announced as a game where you can chop up anything. The development staff quickly created just that. However, they felt that this alone would be insufficient.

The original Rising got to the point where the staff no longer knew what the core of the game should be. At some point, Kojima said that the project probably would not be able to be completed. However, the staff insisted that it could be done. In the end, they cancelled the project. At this point, they'd already fleshed out many areas outside of the game design component, like the story and the motion capture.

One day, Kojima leaned that members of Platinum Games had come to the Kojima Productions studio. Platinum said that it's unfortunate that the game was in a half done state. They were excited about the project that they took over.

Platinum suggested the concept of "a game where it feels so good to chop things up that you would die" (I think my translation may be weird here -- "It's so good that you die" is just a Japanese way of saying it's amazingly good.)

The title was changed because the game is different from the Metal Gear Solid series. It's a new Metal Gear.

Hideki Kamiya is not the game's director. The director will be announced later.

When restarting the project, they were originally going to use the original story. After Platinum received the data from Kojima Productions, they said they wanted to remake the story.

Link: http://andriasang.com/comzba/mg_rising_details/
Old 2011-12-11, 08:57   Link #134
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

^ I see...

I guess that means that the story might kind of an alternative story set after the MGS4 timeline, hence why those PMCs, Gekkos, and RAYs are still scattering around. And that explains how Raiden's personality is kind of different from his MGS self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidvanz View Post
It looks to only be coming to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, as a PC logo is absent from the bottom of the site.
Not really, actually. If we go here, under the trailer, see the "get more" URLs, PC is included there
although after I opened that link, the trailer isn't there

Last edited by Ryonea; 2011-12-11 at 09:15.
Ryonea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 09:55   Link #135
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Hearing that this is going to be it's own game and not be one of those "interquels" kinda makes me happy, and hearing Platinum games is going to be working on it just makes me more excited for the game.

The game sorta reminds me of Vanquish though....
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 10:23   Link #136
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
The game sorta reminds me of Vanquish though....
It does, doesn't it? It's like they combined bayonetta with vanquish and slapped on the world of metal gear. Doesn't soud like a bad combination at all tho
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 18:04   Link #137
Sides

Just read the sixty frames per second article on andriasang.com, link
I love the platinumgames, but IIRC non of their games on the PS3 did ever hit 60fps. Both Bayonetta and Vanquish were 30fps on the PS3 (Bayonetta was 50-60fps on the 360 and Vanquish was locked at 30fps because platinumgames wanted to make that both versions were the same). Is he hinting that PS3 and 360 versions will have different framerates? Or are platinumgames using a new engine.
Nevertheless with PG 100% now confirmed as dev, I am definitely going to get this.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 19:28   Link #138
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i liked it better when it was supposedly raiden getting caught and turned into what he's like in mgs4. but with platinum games doing it, i'm actually pretty excited about it.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 20:54   Link #139
solidvanz
Special Operative

Kojima and Korekado Share More on Metal Gear Rising
Updated trailer, press conference, name changes and slashing mechanics.

In between pics of his various meals (today's lunch was ramen), Hideo Kojima has been providing a few bits and pieces about Metal Gear Rising via his Twitter account.

Press Conference

He says that tomorrow he and Platinum Games' Atsushi Inaba will be meeting with the press in Los Angeles for a group press conference. They'll be giving a detailed report on how the project came to be, and will also show the 25 minute making-of video that will be shown at the official site on Tuesday.

Name Change

Regarding the game's name, Kojima writes that Metal Gear Solid Rising was changed to Metal Gear Rising Revengeance to reflect that this isn't Solid, but is rather being made as a Metal Gear spinoff game featuring Raiden as the main character.

Slashing Mechanics

Some appear to be concerned that the free slicing mechanics shown in the original Rising footage is gone. There have been some changes in this area, but Kojima assures that you're still free to slice things up. The original Rising let you slash everything, even things near and far in the background. However, this ended up destroying the game design. For the new Rising, they've changed it so that you can slash enemies and objects wherever and whenever you want.

Slash Slash Slashing Mechanics

Producer Yuji Korekado chimed in and said that hardly anything has been removed from the trailer that was shown at E3 2010. The concept of "zandatsu," or "cut" and "take," is still in the game, only in order to convey the refreshing and speedy feeling of slashing things up, they've changed the flow from "Aim, Slash, Take" to "Slash, Slash, Slash, Take.

Updated Trailer

The trailer that debuted during the Spike Video Game Awards yesterday will be posted to the game's official site on Tuesday. Korekado says that it will be updated with a few game scenes.

Business Cards

Finally, a correction. We previously said that those razor-like Metal Gear Rising business cards Kojima and the Rising staff have are made of metal. Kojima has clarified that they're actually just thick paper.

Link: http://andriasang.com/comzbc/rising_tweets/
Old 2011-12-12, 09:48   Link #140
mazinken

I am a big fan of metal gear since the MSX days and all I can say bring it on Platinum if only Capcom hand it devil may cry to Platinum instead of ninja theory (no disrespect intended to them).
mazinken is offline   Reply With Quote