AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-15, 13:15   Link #681
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
That's where Aladdin equating the "invisible chain" binding the slaves comes in play.

Enduring years of torment and education to never "disobey the master" is a psychological chain, not easily broken by logic.
and of course, they might get killed, if they return without him, after failing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
There's material for much more so we could be getting a S2 later
I keep seeing the manga getting release by 2-3 each time, just how after are we?

[mod edit: removed question about sub groups; the show is licensed]

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-10-15 at 18:58.
vansonbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 13:24   Link #682
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Finally, FINALLY got around to watching ep 1 ... and I must admit that I liked it more than I thought. Nothing "earth shattering" or such, but not bad.

I'll add it to the "Ongoing" list for now.
Old 2012-10-15, 13:27   Link #683
ookamigirl

And into the dungeon the go!
This dungeon is not only dangerous, it's also fun ^^
Lots of LOL situations with no rest from the dangers.
They wouldn't make it in there for a minute without Ugo.
That Sharif guy was totally nuts. Things went from bad to worse.
Luckily Alibaba is pretty resourceful ^^

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 17:00   Link #684
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I doubt I'm the only one or even the first one doing this, but I'm calling it now.

Alibaba is so obviously (former) nobility (or royalty) that it's not even funny.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 18:20   Link #685
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This show gets across a bit of what it must really have been like to be a slave. Props for that. Mental chains as well as physical. No ability to imagine there is an alternative -- and in most cases that's also the truth.

As for the lord, I've noticed in radio talk show hosts that after a year or two of being told everything they say is right, they become really self-important and nasty. After a lifetime of it, no wonder this creep is a creep.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 22:12   Link #686
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Aladdin getting hungry every time he uses his power its seems like a big weakness
Old 2012-10-16, 01:42   Link #687
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
NSFW
Morgiana
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
she looks...... aroused?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 01:58   Link #688
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
she looks...... aroused?
Someone has been teasing her about a possible "freedom". Which is mean, because I won't let her go.
Old 2012-10-16, 03:54   Link #689
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
she looks...... aroused?
Ok these slave Morgiana drawings are getting a little annoying right now. Ok we get it, you're into slave girls that are tied up random artist person, could you please not shove it down our throats? Anyhoo, I liked that little interaction scene between Aladdin and Morgiana . Makes it look like she's really opening up to him. Hell, Al should be a psychologist with that invisible chains remark, hit that trauma right on the noggin.
Old 2012-10-16, 09:11   Link #690
whitecloud

Quote:
she looks...... aroused?
indeed....but isnt her proportion too different? especially on the B part
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 10:18   Link #691
klare

even in the anime, Morgiana is shown to have huge (not fat) legs...

oh eps 2 is even better than the first, i guess dungeon actions is much more fun than tentacles monster
Old 2012-10-16, 13:12   Link #692
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
That's quite....short for pure shounen manga series...
Well Nurarihyon no Mago and Kuroko's Basket also received two cour adaptations, Mago got a second two cour adaptation and Kuroko is a matter of time (it sold 4x as much as Mago).

It's a pity this only got a two cour run though, since the impression I'm getting is that it probably needed a three cour run to do everything upto Balbadd justice. Seems a lot of manga fans aren't too happy with the anime as of now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
even in the anime, Morgiana is shown to have huge (not fat) legs...
Dem thighs.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 13:37   Link #693
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Well Nurarihyon no Mago and Kuroko's Basket also received two cour adaptations, Mago got a second two cour adaptation and Kuroko is a matter of time (it sold 4x as much as Mago).

It's a pity this only got a two cour run though, since the impression I'm getting is that it probably needed a three cour run to do everything upto Balbadd justice. Seems a lot of manga fans aren't too happy with the anime as of now....

Not really, upto Balbadd its just 8 vol, standard for what anime cover for 2-cour adaptation, that's why its weird they rushing the early material like this.
Old 2012-10-16, 13:57   Link #694
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
In today's news, Magi reported massive surge in manga sales after the anime aired, reaching 6.5 million total copies for volume 1-14.
Weeks before the anime started, it was sitting at 4.4 million.
And volume 15 is about to hit shelves.
Last week's Weekly Shounen Sunday sold out off the shelves fast due to Magi anime effect.

Kuroko no Basket rose to 9.5 million total over 18 volumes after the anime.
At this rate, Magi's gonna surpass that in no time. The anime barely started, and it already got such a massive surge.

Unfortunately Magi manga is reported sold out all over the nation, so it may not move much from 6.5 million until the end of the month when more prints are coming out... there's simply no more to sell.
Old 2012-10-16, 14:34   Link #695
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ok - watched ep 2 hot on the heels of ep 1. Must admit that what I was most surprised was not necessarily Ali Baba's nimbleness or Aladdin's innocent wisdom (about the internal chains remark), but when Morgiana ran up the wall!

Before that happened I remember looking at how the animators had drawn her legs and I thought "Hmm ... they're really big - I wonder why they were drawn like that?" ... well, I got my answer when she ran up the wall. :\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
This show gets across a bit of what it must really have been like to be a slave. Props for that. Mental chains as well as physical. No ability to imagine there is an alternative -- and in most cases that's also the truth.
Agreed - even if one were to argue that not all people who kept slaves were bad people the institution in and of itself cultivates a certain mindset in the minds of all those involved, and it is a very rare case to find a great person (slave or "master") who could "think outside the box" - in a real way, that is.
Old 2012-10-16, 15:48   Link #696
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Yup, for slave owners, owning slaves is normal. Kicking them around doesn't even register as immoral.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 17:09   Link #697
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Umm, sorry leokiko, but Aohige already told us this news, but you get a cookie for the thought .
Old 2012-10-16, 21:12   Link #698
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Hehe, sorry I read the news on the Japanese site before ANN posted the article.
Old 2012-10-16, 21:25   Link #699
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Don't be sorry Aohige. After all, with your work on APforums, I'm not really that surprised you got the jump on that news before ANN. Hell, you should take care of the spoilers for this series in the manga section. Anyway, which parts of the first chapters will be covered for the next episode? I know they're going in a fast pace, but I don't know how much will they cover.
Old 2012-10-16, 21:29   Link #700
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Episode 3 will cover the rest of volume 2
Episode 4-5 will cover 90% of volume 3

Very fast paced indeed.

Tags
action-adventure, fantasy, shounen