AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-21, 20:40   Link #521
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Question was Chris in this movie?
Nope. No Chris, no Claire.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 20:51   Link #522
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
Nope. No Chris, no Claire.
Aw....

Anyways at least Chris has more air time in RE games and cross over games than Leon.

Seems that tyrant is as large as Ustanak. He looks alot like RE2's Mr.X
Old 2012-09-22, 08:43   Link #523
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Just watched the movie- My immediate assessment? It's pretty damn good They were able to write a rather decent story by RE standards and a decent cast of original characters. If only we have more of these instead of the live action...>.>

That said, I think Capcom must have heard the outcries of robotic Leon from the Degeneration movie because they aren't holding back with the one-liners Whether that is a good thing or not is up to the individual I guess Ada had a fair amount of screentime, not too much but not too little. Alot of small surprises that I really want to talk about but can't spoil the villain this time was rather badass as well...

Also at the ending after the first set of credits, they'll play Tsuchiya Anna's new single to several new and old footage from Resident Evil 6- Just to make it EXTRA clear that this would tie in to the game
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 21:49   Link #524
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Back from watching the Damnation movie

God that was SOOOOOOOOOOOO Much better than the shit stain alice movies. This one shows how to make kick ass female characters without making them have super powers and retarded posing and dumb ass giant lickers.

I'd love to see alice take on those beasts at the end.

Spoiler for Spoilers:

Old 2012-09-24, 05:20   Link #525
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Just finished playing the public demo release. It seems like they fixed the screen issue. In the demo that you can download after you bought Dragon's Dogma, characters covered almost half of the screen when you went into aiming mode.

As I thought, Leon's campaign was the best. The slow pace wrapped up with spooky atmosphere definitely reminded me of the old RE feel. Campaign with Chris is the worst one for me. It's RE5 with a lot of more guns on the enemy's side + cover system, just isn't for me. The enemies were talking my language ( ''eno neprijatelja!'' + few other lines)... I wonder what nationality they truly are...
Jake's campaign was the hardest but definitely interesting with all the monsters evolving during the fights. Overall I liked it, and I'll be getting the game day one.
Old 2012-09-24, 07:27   Link #526
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
As I thought, Leon's campaign was the best. The slow pace wrapped up with spooky atmosphere definitely reminded me of the old RE feel. Campaign with Chris is the worst one for me. It's RE5 with a lot of more guns on the enemy's side + cover system, just isn't for me. The enemies were talking my language ( ''eno neprijatelja!'' + few other lines)... I wonder what nationality they truly are...
Jake's campaign was the hardest but definitely interesting with all the monsters evolving during the fights. Overall I liked it, and I'll be getting the game day one.

Because of the goddamn lizard BOWs, I've ended up doing more running in Jake's campaign than Leon's (classic horror theme) and Chris' (Alot more enemies).

Jake's is currently the most 'scary' one for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Back from watching the Damnation movie

God that was SOOOOOOOOOOOO Much better than the shit stain alice movies. This one shows how to make kick ass female characters without making them have super powers and retarded posing and dumb ass giant lickers.

I'd love to see alice take on those beasts at the end.

Spoiler for Spoilers:

That seems to be the general consensus among the people who had watched it... I wonder if Capcom intentionally pick this time to release the movie as to show the contrast between this and the live action one

Regardless, this would probably be the most well-received RE movie to date... So far at least

btw, initially I thought the villain had some Wesker power to be able to fight on par with Ada and Leon, but when I realized she was just a normal badass, I was blown away
Old 2012-09-24, 07:45   Link #527
Sumeragi
Banned

I wish I could find a flag of the Eastern Slav Republic. Seems to make a good setting for stories, especially with the oil issue.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 07:56   Link #528
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I wish I could find a flag of the Eastern Slav Republic. Seems to make a good setting for stories, especially with the oil issue.
I'm sure we'll revisit the place once it's filled with Javos of various sizes...
Old 2012-09-24, 08:00   Link #529
Sumeragi
Banned

Edonia is southern Slavic, so different direction.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 08:27   Link #530
Helius

Yeah the setting in Damnation is more of a prelude to the Edonia campaign in RE6.

Spoiler for Spoliers:
Old 2012-09-25, 12:49   Link #531
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Here's what looks to be the final Resident Evil 6 trailer. It seems they used previous bits from old trailers with new added material from the looks things. Next week until release, well here's it is.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-09-25, 14:56   Link #532
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

So, should we also discuss Damnation here lol?

Although, I want to say this: I want a personal Licker as a pet. xD

Although, something clicks for me. Can a Licker evolve some more or is it at a dead end evolution?

Secondly, how awesome would it be if a a Tyrant became a Licker-Tyrant. Well, think about it. If tyrants are like super zombies, and zombies turn into CH and then Licker, surely Tyrants should have similar evolution cycles.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 16:10   Link #533
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

^ is the bd/dvd out already?

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 17:10   Link #534
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
So, should we also discuss Damnation here lol?
I don't see why not. It's tied in to the game after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Secondly, how awesome would it be if a a Tyrant became a Licker-Tyrant. Well, think about it. If tyrants are like super zombies, and zombies turn into CH and then Licker, surely Tyrants should have similar evolution cycles.
Well the Tyrants themselves already have a second mutation, or rather a true form once the restrains/trench coat come off. Of course you also have various types of Tyrant e.g. Nemesis to suit a particular purpose. If you want something even more sinister, the G-virus should to the trick. :P
Old 2012-09-25, 19:48   Link #535
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
I don't see why not. It's tied in to the game after all.

Well the Tyrants themselves already have a second mutation, or rather a true form once the restrains/trench coat come off. Of course you also have various types of Tyrant e.g. Nemesis to suit a particular purpose. If you want something even more sinister, the G-virus should to the trick. :P
But most of those Tyrant mutations aren't mutations due to length of time but rather in response to trauma and injury, hence it is not really natural evolution but forced evolution.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 23:19   Link #536
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

RE6 in my pov Chris has the best counters. He can pull out limbs of mutated Javo's and can kill them with his faster neckbreaker and weapon, best Melee is Jake of course, Leon is a an good keep away character using his double pistols, his running facebuster is good for zombies that has their backs turned.
Old 2012-09-26, 07:19   Link #537
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
Here's what looks to be the final Resident Evil 6 trailer. It seems they used previous bits from old trailers with new added material from the looks things. Next week until release, well here's it is.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
These just keeps getting more and more epic...

btw, wasn't there a secret comic-con trailer that was shown in private? Has it been made public yet?
Old 2012-09-26, 13:15   Link #538
ghost013

Spoilers Leon & Chris Ending

So someone got the game already and played the three campaings. Saw the game on his stream.

Beware descriptive spoilers
Spoiler:
ghost013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 14:03   Link #539
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
These just keeps getting more and more epic...

btw, wasn't there a secret comic-con trailer that was shown in private? Has it been made public yet?
Well, I think I have that video posted somewhere on this thread. The quality of the trailer I think you're talking about isn't that great.
Old 2012-09-26, 15:57   Link #540
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Reading the spoilers just gives me the realization that I might turn out to hate the story of this game more and more...
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote