AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-07-30, 00:01   Link #21
AdventSleeper

I kno wat u mean

Bleh i know what you feel like, i get horribly sad after a good anime ends...especially when the main char usually has some speech at the end (like when the main describes how this person changed their life, and how they are happy with everyone now ) this is me after a good series
why i get sad is because i know that i will never see those characters again in this series I get a feeling like... im just empty and just so unsatisfied and wanna let it go on forever. But if it goes on forever its true that the anime would not be so good anymore
Maybe i would like it to keep going though, i probably wont get sad about it and just forget about the anime soon and move on to another.. and another... until.........[WHO KNOWS?!]
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 05:41   Link #22
HeartNana

Ok, so im gonna go on a small rant here regarding endings of series (Spoilers for some anime like Futakoi, Canvas 2, Memories off 2nd, ONE, Ai Yori Aoshi, Ichigo 100%, Fruits Basket, Sister Princess, Fate/Stay Night, Karin, Inukami)
Spoiler:
HeartNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 06:13   Link #23
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
after watching Air and Kanon you'll be drenched in tears!
Old 2007-07-31, 21:46   Link #24
HeartNana

Seen both. Didnt cry. I'll admit Kanon was good, but i wasn't too fond of Air. I was too confused and bored from the middle part.
Old 2007-08-01, 04:14   Link #25
aolas
King Of The Night Sky
*Graphic Designer

i dont like if my fav anime end, especially if the ending not clear
aolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 04:48   Link #26
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Endings that made me sad/melancholy:

Elfenlied
Mahoro

Ending that gave me warm fuzzies:

Maburaho
Ai Yori Aoshi
Any that I haven't mentioned

Ambivalent feelings/wanted more:

Full Metal Alchemist (w/ a little bit of melancholy........ okay a LOT, but I wanted more, too)
*Banner of the Stars (this tops my list)

Meh:

Tenjho Tenge
Ikki Tousen
^I thought the endings for both of these were rushed and forced.
Old 2007-08-01, 06:57   Link #27
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
Well for me.... I don't really care if it raps it up nicely. Like I said, most of the time when watching Anime I really just wanna see how it ends. Of course, I do still enjoy it while I watch it...
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 06:58   Link #28
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
Well for me.... I don't really care if it raps it up nicely. Like I said, most of the time when watching Anime I really just wanna see how it ends. Of course, I do still enjoy it while I watch it...
In my opinion, it's not about the destination, it's about the journey.
Old 2007-08-01, 07:18   Link #29
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
Hehe wow well said. But, I dunno, I just can't help it. Heh.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 09:19   Link #30
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

After growing up on 'almost forever' running western shows (take any teenage drama, like I dunno, Dawson's creek) and 'god knows when it will end' shounen anime (DBZ anyone?), I'm actually quite relieved when an anime show ends. Sure there are times when I'm sad over an ending, but I'm never sad about a show ending. Even if the ending is open ended, it still gives a sense of closure and completion for me.

Of course there's some shows that I'm still seeing despite it running for a long time already (namely Major, Hayate, Kenichi, Kekkaishi, and the upcoming 2nd season of Code Geass), but those are far and few in between. And at least with those shows the filler to substance material ratio is better than most shounen shows (glares at Naruto), and so it seems that the show is actually getting somewhere rather than potentially dragging it on for a long time.

So all in all, I want my series that I watch to end, period.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 09:35   Link #31
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
Hehe wow well said. But, I dunno, I just can't help it. Heh.
Meh. I'm kinda philosophical that way.
Old 2007-08-03, 02:51   Link #32
HeartNana

DragoonKain - Thats how i feel. I get bored after watching more than 26 eps of an anime in general. If its REALLY good, i can watch a 26 ep series and then maybe some OAV's, or a small 13 episode series addition if i REALLY like it.

But in general, long anime series don't keep me excited and wanting to watch more and more. I know a series is good if i:
A) Aren't looking to see how much of an episode is left
B) Don't want to skip through to see how it ends

If i do either of these, then im somewhat tired of the series, or i'm just bored. My favorite series just had me watching without even looking at or thinking about time. I just wanted to see everything. Other series that are decent with grabbing me in, but keep on dragging make me want to skip through just to see what happens without really watching.

And "good endings" mean different things to different people (since some people like certain endings, others don't). Tho i do agree i'd rather see a series end poorly than to see it drag on. In the end, if im left happy with what i saw as opposed to going "That's it?" or "finally, its over", then the anime was worth it to me. There's ones i want to see more of, but that's different from the "That's it?" perspective. Like Ichigo Mashimaro, after it was over, i was like "Wow, that was really good" and of course i wanted to see more, but i looked back and enjoyed it. With Futakoi, i was like "That's it? No joke, no more episodes? Are you kidding?" So while i enjoyed the series, the ending overall didn't make me too pleased. It wasn't terrible either, it just wasn't anywhere near what i would have been happy to see.
Old 2008-06-13, 08:09   Link #33
Mystic_Blue_Roses
Anime Freak

I feel the same. It's sad when an anime ends and i was just getting into it.
Mystic_Blue_Roses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 08:58   Link #34
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I'll find out if the anime has any manga adaptations (or that the manga spawned the anime in the first place), and go on from there.

Also, drama CDs may be useful if you're in love with the cast.
Old 2008-06-20, 17:23   Link #35
KitsuneNineTails
赤い狐

It's hard to get to the end of a good series, especially one that ends on a melancholy or wistful sort of note, where it kinda leaves you sadly contemplating what's going to happen to your favorite now that the adventure is over (*coughEscaflownecough*). I guess the idea is to let the viewer imagine their own future. Some will imagine a sad, lonely future for their favorite characters, some will go out of their way to concoct a happy one.

Anime where the ending is clear (at least the END is clear even if the loose ends don't all wrap up) are a little more tolerable, although if it's a REAL good series, then it just leaves me wanting to watch it all over again starting the next night (RahXephon and MaiHime do that for me).

Ciao!
KitsuneNineTails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 18:18   Link #36
Kyuuketsuki42221
Seen 379 Cat-Girl Ears

those darn anime producers, i don't care what they say, 13 episodes are too short to be a full season. end of discussion. :P
Kyuuketsuki42221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 23:48   Link #37
Shimizu
Kawaii Shojo

For me, every show's ending gives me a different emotion. I've never seen 2 animes that gave me the same feeling. The worst ending for me was Inuyasha, because I watched it for those over-100 episodes, and it just ended. Grrrr. After the first 50, i noticed a pattern, and started waiting for the end. I figured it would be okay if I finally saw the bad guys defeated. But no. It just ended. (I hope thats not a spoiler!!) that really ruined how I thought about that anime. Full Metal Alchemist made me the most emotional. I actually cried for three hours straight, then woke up continually that night because I was so upset. (unfortunately, im a VERY emotional person.) I was watching it, anticipating the glorious moment when the brothers would be back together at last. But no again!! instead, they are stupid seperated, in completely different DIMENSIONS, probably never to see each other again!! OMG! i heard there was a movie that covered it, but when u cry for three hours over the end of a show, ur brain cant really stand a different ending. at least mine couldnt. so i didnt bother with that. (the 50 eps didnt feel that long because the only other animes i had ever seen were all over 100 episodes, and some still continuing) Now that ive seen shorter anime, I kind of like the usual 26 episode thing. It's just enough to develop a series well, and give it a satisfying ending. Longer drags on until its boring, and shorter feels like "what? But I just started watching it..."

also, usually for me, the more satisfying an ending is, the less impact the ending has on me. Endings that just cut off or dont make any sense worry me, and that makes me think about it more until I find a new anime. Death Note was the one ending ever where I was 100% satisfied, and couldnt worry about it no matter how hard I tried. Even though i absolutely adored the series, it was really interesting to me. (Only topped by Chobits!!)

i could keep writing forever unfortunately... like i said, very emotional about endings!! hope there werent spoilers in there!!
Shimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 00:39   Link #38
gold_orb
disrespectful heckler

personaly i feel both thrilled and saddened.

to see the big end of any anime gives me a gratifiying feeling as well as a sad feeling for the fact that i have seen everything about the characters.
gold_orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 15:18   Link #39
Tiran86

Nope, I actually love it when a series comes to a satisfying conclusion. The ending is often my favorite part of an anime, and I always look forward to seeing how it ends.
Tiran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 15:24   Link #40
Amray

I did feel a little bit sad after I finished watching "Azumaga Daioh". It was so happy and really good, then when it finished I never expected the ending to be so upsetting. Then I remembered that I could watch it whenever I wanted as I have the boxset.

I also felt upset when I finished Fullmetal Alchemist. I was watching it over two months and had gotten really attached to it.

The Chrno Crusade ending just didn't leave my mind for ages, as it was so depressing. I plan to watch that series again soon though as I adored it.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote