AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-18, 02:48   Link #6461
pikachuwei

Vol 21 Chapter 8 Part 4 up

I skipped part 3 because it was Sasha and Touma talk, and I'll probably bungle up the technical parts until i read the entire volume, so ill save that for later. Iirc some of the later parts of chapter 8 are similar, so ill just be focusing on teh juicy parts for now (Misha scenes basically)
Old 2010-11-18, 02:54   Link #6462
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
... I don't really like Hitagi of the anime version... from sources that I read, it seems that Hitagi opened up to a much brighter and cheerful personality, but the anime version somehow still strikes as a deadpan snarker. And frankly, I had enough of that even before her arc in the anime ended.

Back to Index...

And as always thanks Flere821 dude all hail Index!
well if you read bakemonogatari in bakatsuki you will find that, hitagi is still the same in the cat arc, wich would be when shes last seen on the anime, but she says she needs time to change her personality, personally o wouldnt like that but well i got a little off topic didnt i?
Old 2010-11-18, 03:34   Link #6463
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
About Regios, I'm not reading the series but I heard from some friends the series is losing its spark.
It has been so since the second arc of the novel, and the author willingly took that suicidal step even though the shift he made will not please the fandom in general.
Old 2010-11-18, 03:37   Link #6464
pikachuwei

thought i'd do part 5 today for the hell of it too

Vol 21 chapter 8 part 5

dont expect part 6 for now, its ITEM talk. If i remember correctly, i should be jumping to part 7 2morrow.
Old 2010-11-18, 12:09   Link #6465
tsunade666

pikachuwei fast translation! banzai!

busy with school and a lot of sales talk happens and other novels.

Quote:
- Never heard of Boku wa Tomodachi ga sukunai, Ben-to, or Kamisama no Memo Chou
Never heard of boku wa tomodachi? go to the teaser of baka-tsuki and if you want manga go read to chapter 6 and 7 is still not translated. go read your missing something awesome now now now! if you don't have a raw I would send you japanese raw. it's so fantastic that it erupts my lungs while laughing. Love the settings too.

Quote:
I've only seen the first volume but yeah, the romance in SAO is "Awwwwww" worthy.
I don't like Asuna. Suguha > Silca > Liz > Asuna

Theirs been an update in B-T for vol 2. Go read Silica and a bit of Lizbet story. Liz isn't complete yet.

Suguha or Imouto pawns them all! Well for me that is. I like imouto chara XD

Quote:
- Hah! Kirito's no. 3?! Awesome!
Kirito is just bad ass awesome even though he turns into a girl with his current character in phantom bullet.

Quote:
well if you read bakemonogatari in bakatsuki you will find that, hitagi is still the same in the cat arc, wich would be when shes last seen on the anime, but she says she needs time to change her personality, personally o wouldnt like that but well i got a little off topic didnt i?
Hiitagi would only open up after tsubasa cat. It's the time of the arc with Ararararararararararararararararagi-kun's imouto's to shine. She would cut her hair to be free of her past.

Quote:
From Vol22, Intermission 7 and all of Chapter 11 have been completed by me, enjoy
'

Flere would you be doing to the first 2 chapters of vol 22? or you would just really do chapter 11 and 12 of it?

I would like to see translated the first chapter when Touma and Fiamma are fighting before Fiamma cuts Touma's right hand.
Old 2010-11-18, 12:31   Link #6466
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Kirito is just bad ass awesome even though he turns into a girl with his current character in phantom bullet.
Which remind me, did he managed to save Asuna ?
Quote:
I would like to see translated the first chapter when Touma and Fiamma are fighting before Fiamma cuts Touma's right hand.
Seconded
I hope you guys will not forget about vol 14...I'm still waiting for it

Old 2010-11-18, 12:42   Link #6467
tsunade666

vol 14 ........... ah... who is in charge of vol 14? joay is doing vol 15 right?

Kirito save asuna at the end of vol 3 and they had a party too. Reunion of the one who completed Sao.

btw

flere I'm not good at english grammar but I think
Quote:
From the moment you did not think that you fantasy has started to show cracks.”
I think it should be your
Old 2010-11-18, 13:26   Link #6468
faiz blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Kirito save asuna at the end of vol 3 and they had a party too. Reunion of the one who completed Sao.
Vol 4 actually.

Sword Art Online has a pretty good premise, but I personally think that the author was not able to bring out its full potential. A shame really, with a little more effort put into it and the thing could have been a success comparable to Index.

(...Ok, maybe that's an exageration.)
Old 2010-11-18, 13:35   Link #6469
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Touma is dead/MIA which will leave a huge impact on her also so she won't be overprotected anymore without Touma around and Laura can have her way. Styil and Kaori can be handled as she did until now.
To be honest, I'd rather Tōma not to return (we all know he will) for 1 or 2 volumes. I think that'd be the best way to develop some characters who could be using some development like Index and Mikoto - although, the latter has her own manga for that.

I've said it before and I'll keep on saying it, Index, as a character, in my opinion, is a lot of wasted potential. She could give much more would she received the proper amount of focus and development. But, either way, in the end, it'll be the author choice to decide what sort of development and role Index will have in the overall story.
Old 2010-11-18, 13:53   Link #6470
tsunade666

Quote:
Vol 4 actually.
sorry my mix up. But the actual story is a web novel turn license and into a real light novel.

I don't want for Touma to return. For the rest of the story. And I'm being serious. If they plan on returning him. I want him return as an enemy.

Touma risked his life and save a lot of people or rather the world. The world would now lead on it's own path away from him. Because probably no one would remember him much. Aside from the people he encountered closely. To the other his just someone who save their lives .

They are being to dependent on the whole Hero affair.

What do you think will happen if the hero who saves the world is the actual one who wants to destroy it.
Old 2010-11-18, 13:55   Link #6471
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

No! I want a a volume of Itsuwa and Kanzaki Kaori. I don't want Index!
More Bardway plz!
Old 2010-11-18, 14:01   Link #6472
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
Vol 4 actually.

Sword Art Online has a pretty good premise, but I personally think that the author was not able to bring out its full potential. A shame really, with a little more effort put into it and the thing could have been a success comparable to Index.

(...Ok, maybe that's an exageration.)
I felt the same way about SAO, it reminds me of a better written Ragnarok but it does tell you that there is alot of good Light Novels out there.

By the way, Kleeyook, Bardway is mines!!!! (j/k) but seriously she is mines.
Old 2010-11-18, 16:32   Link #6473
pkmntrainer7
Hidden Behind the Truth

Now there's some results for the light novel poll for characters outside of the top 10:
Hamazura placed 11th for males and Acqua placed 28th for males.
Last Order placed 14th for females.

There's also the vote totals for the top 3 females:
Mikoto 1173/450
Alice 235/101
Index 222/102

Spoiler for Mikoto:

Also, for the overall ranking it's still Touma > Mikoto > Accelerator. And as an extra note, Index just barely got more votes than Hamazura even though she was 3rd in females while he was 11th in males so Index might not even be in the top 10 overall.
Old 2010-11-18, 17:27   Link #6474
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Ooh, Last Order as 14th is pretty good.

The author will probably spend a volume on what everyone else has been doing during the Russia arc and then generate a lot of hate for leaving a cliffhanger about what happened to Touma.

I'd also like Index to have more character development. Touma returning as an enemy would be a huge twist, but how would that happen, exactly? Did he wash up on the shore of some mad scientist or magician with mind-controlling powers?
Old 2010-11-18, 17:49   Link #6475
gaboratamer

mind-controlling powers??.Mmmm, that doesnt sound to bad LOL. And yeah, its time for some character development
Old 2010-11-18, 17:51   Link #6476
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

He returns with his ENTIRE memory, one extending to before his mortal birth, making him an evil jerk. :3

ONORE DIKEIDOO
Old 2010-11-18, 18:01   Link #6477
Miraluka
Banned

Then, you have Mental Out and the Invisible Thing inside Touma right arm .

Accelerator rank will increase, just wait, the end of the season will be the begining of his rise
Old 2010-11-18, 18:36   Link #6478
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Stiyl SS Pt. 4 summary
Spoiler for stiyl ss pt 4:

There's gonna be some Bardway action in the next part.
Old 2010-11-18, 19:50   Link #6479
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
Ooh, Last Order as 14th is pretty good.

The author will probably spend a volume on what everyone else has been doing during the Russia arc and then generate a lot of hate for leaving a cliffhanger about what happened to Touma.

I'd also like Index to have more character development. Touma returning as an enemy would be a huge twist, but how would that happen, exactly? Did he wash up on the shore of some mad scientist or magician with mind-controlling powers?
i thought it would be cool him becoming aleisters mindless pawn and stopping accel and shiage.
Old 2010-11-18, 20:40   Link #6480
Miraluka
Banned

Probably Accelerator will go OMFGIH!!!
I don't think he will meet Shiage.
But, I will like to see Index using magic as Laura's pawn to fight Touma as Aleister's pawn.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen