AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-01, 16:07   Link #41
Skirata
That One Guy

To me, the faces resemble Clare, Ophelia, and Teresa. However I'm usually wrong and my opinions never matter.....
Old 2010-07-01, 16:07   Link #42
haegar
mangaviking

ophelia, teresa and clare suffered as a "direct" result of prissy's actions. Irene did not. Rigardo did not. I go with the three, though I can't see teresa's hair either (sry ryus)
Old 2010-07-01, 16:52   Link #43
MalakTawus

In a way i think a fight between Prissy and this Destroyer fused with Claire would be great,but on the other hand i'm a bit disappointed,i want a real fight between Claire and Prissy.
Anyway i'm sure that one way or another Claire will regain her "human" body.

Btw,i already asked in the old thread,but am I the only one that thinks that maybe Claire is already in control of the destroyer?
Imo the destroyer wasn't simply atttacking Prissy,it seemed that she was trying to save Helen and Deneve,and if that's the case this means that the destroyer isn't moved only by Claire's vengeance.
Old 2010-07-01, 16:53   Link #44
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

I will agree with Ryus in that we all can agree to disagree: At the very least, we all agree that the figure in the far left is Ophelia, and the figure in the far right is Claire.

I agree that it could be Teresa, in the sense that the people Claire are fighting for are manifesting in Raciella in order to basically scare Priscilla. I also agree that it may not be Teresa, and may be someone else, because all three of them all want revenge on Teresa; it feels too likely, when Claire and Ophelia definitely want her dead: it's why I thought the middle one was Dauf before.

Quote:
Btw,i already asked in the old thread,but am I the only one that thinks that maybe Claire is already in control of the destroyer?
Imo the destroyer wasn't simply atttacking Prissy,it seemed that she was trying to save Helen and Deneve,and if that's the case this means that the destroyer isn't moved only by Claire's vengeance.
No, I honestly don't believe that their was any sort of control from one end or the other, until perhaps just now.

It's difficult to say, but we cannot forget that Raciella attacked Claire when Rafaela expunged her, for her own safety; she did not want Claire to be taken in.

Raciella is an enemy to all: Claire let herself be taken by her(from what I understand in the translations), their wasn't any sort of unsaid agreement between the two that we don't know about.

The problem with speculating on this, is that we're trying to figure out the thought-processes of a creature who we haven't even gotten a glimpse at. It's clear that Raciella has sentience to a certain degree despite what Priscilla said way back when, but we don't really have any sort of confirmation on our beliefs on this matter.

Hopefully next chapter we will; especially if Claire merges, and actually "sees" Raciella's human form. Maybe they even talk with eachother; we may end up having another dream-like sequence.
Old 2010-07-01, 17:07   Link #45
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
I don't know about you guys...but I was VERY disappointed in this chapter. Not very much happened in this chapter at all.
Old 2010-07-01, 17:15   Link #46
MalakTawus

I never mentioned about an unsaid agreement (of anything of the sort),i'm simply saying that imo the destroyer was trying to save Deneve and Helen and since i doubt that the destroyer has a reason to do that i conclude that it's probably Claire that has taken control.
I'm not trying to understand the destroyer since we know almost nothing about it.
Old 2010-07-01, 17:22   Link #47
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
ophelia, teresa and clare suffered as a "direct" result of prissy's actions. Irene did not. (sry ryus)
Err how is losing an arm and nearly you life not to mention putting the fear god into her not "direct" result of prissy's actions, there's also the added possibility that she feels responsible for what happened.
Old 2010-07-01, 17:23   Link #48
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
I don't know about you guys...but I was VERY disappointed in this chapter. Not very much happened in this chapter at all.
Yeah, I think we were all hoping to see what would happen to Claire, but we basically have to wait another month for it now .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope
Err how is losing an arm and nearly you life not to mention putting the fear god into her not "direct" result of prissy's actions, there's also the added possibility that she feels responsible for what happened.
She may feel responsible, but she was too afraid to do anything or seek revenge. She just wanted to be left alone.

I think that's why we don't see her face in the last page.
Old 2010-07-01, 17:28   Link #49
MalakTawus

Quote:
Yeah, I think we were all hoping to see what would happen to Claire, but we basically have to wait another month for it now .
Agree....and when i think that we may not know Claire's situations for SOME chapters (read: some months!!!!) my feelings alternate between mad and depressed.....
Old 2010-07-01, 17:33   Link #50
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
lolz ... when being tired you should sleep, not post ... yeah rite I only though of Irene later in the story ... well it should be the four of them then D
Old 2010-07-01, 17:50   Link #51
Nite-Wing

Quote:
I feel the same I didn't even know that Teresa was in the destroyer until I looked at the discussion.
Old 2010-07-01, 18:19   Link #52
limao
DeAd

Spoiler for 105:
Old 2010-07-01, 18:54   Link #53
dream-seeker
soar high

Send a message via Yahoo to dream-seeker
Wah.. fast scanlation for 105.
Old 2010-07-01, 19:01   Link #54
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Honestly I'm going to laugh if Clare somehow absorbs the destroyer.
Old 2010-07-01, 19:05   Link #55
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Clare took over the Destroyer. She and Deneven had a conversation (that we did not see) before she merged with the Destroyer. Cynthia can still feel Clare faint yoki inside the Destroyer, so this means that Clare is hidden inside that thing, she has not melted away. Think of the female #2 Ab in Ramona. She could move inside her fake body. Clare might be able to do the same with the destroyer.
Old 2010-07-01, 19:06   Link #56
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
I feel the same I didn't even know that Teresa was in the destroyer until I looked at the discussion.
*blink blink

No....Teresa is not inside her. We're just coming up with theories on why one of the faces sort of looks like her
Old 2010-07-01, 19:10   Link #57
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Raki and Priscilla was able to resist the Destroyer. Clare has one of the strongest will power in Claymore, it should not be impossible for her to win a mind fight against the Destroyer.
Old 2010-07-01, 19:12   Link #58
dream-seeker
soar high

Send a message via Yahoo to dream-seeker
Quote:
Honestly I'm going to laugh if Clare somehow absorbs the destroyer.
Wah.. In a sense.. it's what Deneve says. Or how I understand what she meant. She willingly joined hands with that clump to stop it from spreading. According to Deneve, that clump/destroyer?? is "somehow" a division of Clare.
Old 2010-07-01, 19:58   Link #59
Hiking_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Oh yeah... It's Clare, Teresa, and Ophelia (right to left)... Check out the colored page

Spoiler for size:
The left one is Rafiela; the middle is Luciela; and the right one is Clare. It doesn't make sense for Ophelia to even be in there. Ophelia never merged with that thing.
Old 2010-07-01, 19:59   Link #60
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
Raki and Priscilla was able to resist the Destroyer. Clare has one of the strongest will power in Claymore, it should not be impossible for her to win a mind fight against the Destroyer.
Weirdly unless I misunderstood the scene despite Deneve ripping the rods out earlier she later succumbed to them in this chapter (saved by yuma though )

or was it just due to her using her regenerative abilities a bit to much who knows but deneve nearly awakened this chapter.