AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-07-14, 10:41   Link #32861
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by blissfullyunaware View Post
Sure I have. I just tend to hide during those times.
But it's so much more fun to be involved.

EDIT: Pageclaim for being involved!
Old 2011-07-14, 10:46   Link #32862
sniperk
Overgrown Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
But it's so much more fun to be involved.

EDIT: Pageclaim for being involved!
Yep. As long it isn't a flame war, almost any discussion gets interesting to read about and to defend your own instance on the subject.

@Raiser
Way to kick somebody in the gut. Geez.

Nice one.
sniperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 12:26   Link #32863
blissfullyunaware

True being involved is great as long as you are actually contributing to the discussion. But by the time I see a topic that interests me, someone else here has summed up any point I wanted to make. And with all the talent that is here, they usually express said point more eloquently than I ever could.
blissfullyunaware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 12:35   Link #32864
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
That reminds me, what was Fate's response to learning of the Materials?
Something like: Where were those badly done clones?

Yeah, not really much of a response.

I just hope they get tied up (those two Bureau... Yuuno will probably tie up the pilot and control the ship [then apologize]).
Old 2011-07-14, 13:46   Link #32865
GonzoTheAnimeFan
Meh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Why does she have to kill him? Why doesn't she just call the cops?

That Lindy compares herself to Precia because she'd do anything for her daughter is a pretty base comparison and generally something all mothers would feel. The real worry about becoming like Precia is the whole going crazy and physically abusing a young girl thing.
Late reply...sorry.

I will have everything explained as best as I can as soon as the fic wraps up. And... yeah... I discussed this with Nanya on my DA Journal. I had to give him an abridged version of the fanfic. And... well, you have to wait a bit.
GonzoTheAnimeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 17:30   Link #32866
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
I can't help but feel that this statement is totally off coming from Erio. He out of anyone except Fate ought to have more sense than to say such a thing as a victim of Project Fate. I just can't see this from him.

Otherwise a rather clean read.
I'll probably just chalk it up to a 'foot in mouth' attack since the comment was made in the heat of the moment.

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 19:52   Link #32867
NTFTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTFTH View Post

Jail's Return

Chapter 1

Spoiler for Chapter 2:

Spoiler for Author's Notes:
Warning contains NanoFate.

Spoiler for Chapter 3:

Spoiler for Author's Notes:

Last edited by NTFTH; 2011-07-15 at 07:39.
NTFTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 10:10   Link #32868
GonzoTheAnimeFan
Meh....

Here ya go for those who was confused about the posting earlier this week. The fanfic "I Kill For You Happiness (The Lindy Harlaown Remix)" and BTW, this is the pretty decent beta version and it does involve sensitive matters. To warn you.
Old 2011-07-15, 10:58   Link #32869
NTFTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheAnimeFan View Post
Here ya go for those who was confused about the posting earlier this week. The fanfic "I Kill For You Happiness (The Lindy Harlaown Remix)" and BTW, this is the pretty decent beta version and it does involve sensitive matters. To warn you.
Wow that was really...dark.

Why didn't Nanoha do something to protect herself? She had Raising Heart with her after all...
Old 2011-07-15, 13:20   Link #32870
GonzoTheAnimeFan
Meh....

Quote:

Why didn't Nanoha do something to protect herself? She had Raising Heart with her after all...
In the DA version, which has the extra short of her rape, it was too quick for her to respond. Her mouth was covered so no command would be said, and her mind got cluttered with pain from a kick to the stomach so the only thing she could do is for RH to record it.
Old 2011-07-15, 19:02   Link #32871
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Taking the thread in a mildly less dark direction, here's some of that Hayate/Vivio crack that DC requested from me ages ago and I only just got around to writing.

It... er... doesn't exactly fit the canon she, Shigan, and Eagle have put together.

At all.

But if it gets a laugh, I truly don't mind. XD

Spoiler for Unforeseen Complications:

Spoiler for Author's Note:

Last edited by Moczo; 2011-07-15 at 19:26. Reason: Correcting my dumb thing I did.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 19:10   Link #32872
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Taking the thread in a mildly less dark direction, here's some of that Hayate/Vivio crack that DC requested from me ages ago and I only just got around to writing.

It... er... doesn't exactly fit the canon she, Shigan, and Eagle have put together.

At all.

Hee hee hee.....

Awesome crack, and just like Hayate my puzzlement on this odd dating rule was satisfied . Seeing poor Hayate get more and more wound up in confusion and frustration was oddly hilarious . Not to mention Nanoha's slow shift in thought at the end, LOL!

Despite this being against my crack shipping, I love it!

Something that puzzled me--at the beginning, you said that Chrono was Hayate's immediate superior, but later when she's talking with Verossa she says that Chrono isn't her superior?
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 19:15   Link #32873
NTFTH

Quote:

At all.

That was without a doubt likely the funniest Nanoha fanfic I have ever read
Old 2011-07-15, 19:17   Link #32874
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Total dick move... wow, how do you come up with that stuff, Moczo?

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 19:18   Link #32875
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post

Something that puzzled me--at the beginning, you said that Chrono was Hayate's immediate superior, but later when she's talking with Verossa she says that Chrono isn't her superior?
... ... I'm dumb, mostly? XD
Old 2011-07-15, 19:23   Link #32876
sniperk
Overgrown Kid

That was a total... ~~

Just one small correction
Quote:
“No! Absolutely not!” Nanoha said, placing her hand on Nanoha’s shoulder to push her back onto the sofa. “Hayate, you are going to stay here. Yuuno, you are going to explain why every man we know has been treating Hayate like a pariah!”
I believe this would be on Hayate's shoulder, no? ^^
sniperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 20:06   Link #32877
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:

At all.

I am now totally going to mutter this under my breath if for some reason any of my guy friends start dating my sister.

Most awesome, and hilarious as hell. I was snickering at first, and then full out laughing by the end of it. Poor Hayate. Even in a fanon crack short, she just can't catch a break.
Old 2011-07-15, 20:24   Link #32878
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheAnimeFan View Post
In the DA version, which has the extra short of her rape, it was too quick for her to respond. Her mouth was covered so no command would be said, and her mind got cluttered with pain from a kick to the stomach so the only thing she could do is for RH to record it.
This also ignores the fact that Raising Heart has an autoguard function against physical attacks. And then there's the point that Raising Heart is an Intelligent Device, which means that it can cast spells by itself without Nanoha having to incant anything (not that Nanoha does in fact require commands to cast most spells anyway). Nor does it take into account Nanoha's own combat training (unless the fic took place when Nanoha was 9; I'm replying to the comments only).

Quote:

At all.

Hmmm. Funny, although I spent most of it sympathizing too much with Hayate to really, completely give way to laughter (I don't do well, myself, with unwritten rules). I have to commend you (as the author) and Yuuno (as the character) for actually being able to genuinely come through with an answer to the question that made sense (maybe it's his "training wheels" status that allows him to explain obscure male stuff to women in words?). Though it probably would have actually been funnier if Nanoha hadn't reacted that way even afterwards, especially since Zaffy did, since it would keep the gender gag running.

(Incidentally, was Zaffy wincing because Hayate was despoiling the little girl he'd babysat and taken care of, or because Vivio was despoiling his idolized would-give-my-existence-to-prevent-her-from-stubbing-her-toe Mistress?)
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 20:26   Link #32879
blissfullyunaware

That was hilarious. *Suddenly recalls a few of my brother's friends who asked me out and then stopped visiting.*

Wait a minute...
blissfullyunaware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 20:51   Link #32880
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
(Incidentally, was Zaffy wincing because Hayate was despoiling the little girl he'd babysat and taken care of, or because Vivio was despoiling his idolized would-give-my-existence-to-prevent-her-from-stubbing-her-toe Mistress?)
Or that Vivio, who is his friend, is dating his "just-like-family" Hayate?
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha