AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-08-23, 03:26   Link #141
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Moral of the story... Don't die ?

This would be troublesome if I wanted to reload from a checkpoint in case I screw up the hostage situation
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 04:07   Link #142
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
... Oh, wow. I'm glad I'm getting it for PC.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 10:10   Link #143
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I haven't decided on what platform yet (likely pc) but aside from the intro sequence which wouldn't take that long the reload on death loading time on the 360 (installed) doesn't seem much different to what I'd wait for a reload in the PC beta.

I'll probably decide on the day which version I'll get.

Edit: I'm curious as to why they didn't do a PC comparison in that video.

Last edited by Drake; 2011-08-23 at 11:09.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 10:36   Link #144
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
I dunno the loading time for PC seems long too but could that be because of the beta?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 19:25   Link #145
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I dunno the loading time for PC seems long too but could that be because of the beta?
From what I've seen from beta vids the loading times might be quite long but the parts/areas you can play before loading again are pretty long/large compared to let's say DX2 (did a playthrough just recently so I can compare).
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 20:57   Link #146
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

From what I remember on the PC, the pre-loading took a little longer then normal (not excessive), but reloads and things like that were quite quick. But my computer is less then 6 months old.
Old 2011-08-23, 22:41   Link #147
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I'm enjoying the speech challenges (or whatever they're called) in the game more than the boss fights. Even on Deus Ex. The two bosses I've fought don't feel very... dynamic.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 22:49   Link #148
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Spoiler for game mechanic spoiler:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 00:30   Link #149
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 02:59   Link #150
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Just curious but can the retail game use the same save files as the beta?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 04:25   Link #151
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Dunno, I'm going to delete my game data from the beta just in case. You probably can but personally I'd prefer to keep it fresh.
Old 2011-08-24, 05:19   Link #152
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Just curious but can the retail game use the same save files as the beta?
Depends on if both the beta and original use the same hexes. I used a hex editor to change the battery system so it becomes infinite on the beta, so if I can port the savegames, it would be much easier on me.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-08-24, 05:26   Link #153
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I was actually talking about the save directories lol. Anyway I could just transfer the save files to the game's save directory if they aren't the same.
Old 2011-08-24, 20:57   Link #154
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I was actually talking about the save directories lol. Anyway I could just transfer the save files to the game's save directory if they aren't the same.
Where are the savegame files anyway? Are they one of those bigfile files?

Old 2011-08-24, 20:59   Link #155
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

In W7, it's in the AppData\Local\ALI213\SAVES directory of your user name. No apparent file extensions.
Old 2011-08-24, 21:15   Link #156
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Under another folder named dxhr in the same directory (Appdata/Local), there seems to be a player cache. Think we need to copy it too?

Old 2011-08-25, 12:04   Link #157
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

That was a fun game. I think I accidentally killed one person with a tranq gun headshot (a bug, i guess, as he alone seems susceptible to tranq gun headshot deaths) on an early sidequest in Detroit. Managed to get the no alarms achievement but not the pacifist one .
Old 2011-08-25, 16:26   Link #158
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Playing as the pacifist stealth guy.

this game us fun. I was worried in some parts about keeping as a, pacifist but I was able to do it against a dozen armed soldiers in a room with a stun gun, gas grenades, and lots of energy bars :heh

I think though the social Aug is useless and would've been better spent on something else.

one fun tactic I came up with was I used a concussion freebase to knock down three soldiers, then an emp to take out the turret, then a double non lethal takedown finished by a stun gun all in a row.

Too bad they don't have team fortress two store replays
Old 2011-08-25, 17:02   Link #159
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Group combos are fun to do. The double takedown is awesome to have as well. My timing tends to be really bad so I take close groups of 3-4 with a concussion grenade, a stun gun, and double takedown, and hope I reload in time to stun the straggler.

Tip for those just starting out, if you ever have trouble doing a double takedown because one actor or both is sitting and isn't available for the takedown, shoot in front of em with a silenced pistol or something to make them get up. You can initiate the takedown as they are getting up. Also, if you're doing single enemies that are close to each other (slightly out of double takedown range), your position where you initiate the takedown seems to be where your 'sound' is broadcast, even if the animation that plays shows you in the same position behind the guy you are breaking.

The social enhancement is kind of nifty for finding out some things for a first playthrough. I picked it up a bit late, but I noticed you can use the pheremones as a cheap way to fix a bad conversation or to get some extra rewards or story/info from characters.
Old 2011-08-25, 19:08   Link #160
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

an update was just released, it's cut the loading time on PC down to 5-8 seconds for me.