Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2004-11-27, 12:23   Link #441
seiftis
~defying fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical_N_Analytical
Is it me or does no one find it a bit odd that you have put a soul into a stuffed animal? I mean dang how cruel can you be, but I guess finding a conviently located dead body is highly unlikely.
Who cares~ Kon was great
Old 2004-11-27, 12:38   Link #442
Marine-RX179

Quote:
Is it me or does no one find it a bit odd that you have put a soul into a stuffed animal? I mean dang how cruel can you be, but I guess finding a conviently located dead body is highly unlikely.
Not if you were looking at it from the Japanese culture/belief point of view. There's a saying objects that resemblance living beings (i.e. dolls, stuffed animal) are much more likely to become processed by a ghost/spirit than objects that don't.
Marine-RX179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 19:01   Link #443
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
I'd find it even more disturbing if they actually managed to find a dead animal... Besides, think of the abuse the King of NY can take as a plushie That's comedy gold, though Chad would have something to say about that...
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 19:03   Link #444
Logical_N_Analytical

Send a message via MSN to Logical_N_Analytical Send a message via Yahoo to Logical_N_Analytical
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine-RX179
Not if you were looking at it from the Japanese culture/belief point of view. There's a saying objects that resemblance living beings (i.e. dolls, stuffed animal) are much more likely to become processed by a ghost/spirit than objects that don't.
Yeah, what was I thinking? I forgot they have a whole day dedicated to their ancestors spirits. I guess that would be rather normal. I must admit sometimes it seem a bit ridiculous from a western point of view, but as long as they didn't have to kill Kon which I think was worse.
Logical_N_Analytical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 19:04   Link #445
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Couldn't Kon also be of use when Ichigo gives him his body? Ha?
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 21:21   Link #446
IMSabbel

Quote:
Yeah, what was I thinking? I forgot they have a whole day dedicated to their ancestors spirits. I guess that would be rather normal. I must admit sometimes it seem a bit ridiculous from a western point of view, but as long as they didn't have to kill Kon which I think was worse.
Oh come on. You woulnd believe what strange and idiotic customs are in place where i live. We have SEVERAL holidays to celebrate some guy who came back from the dead (yeah right) and walked over water (LOL)...

I dont think their customs are more or less stupid than ours....
IMSabbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 23:54   Link #447
battleengine

did the shinigami (i meant the girl) like Kurosaki Ichigo?
battleengine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 02:32   Link #448
Marine-RX179

Quote:
Originally Posted by killermonk
Couldn't Kon also be of use when Ichigo gives him his body? Ha?
Without the permition of Ichigo.....guess not. Or would you expect a line from Ichigo like 'Kon, get your butt over here and give me a hand with the Hallows....oh and by the way, if you let my body get hurt in anyway, I'll beat the crap outta you later...' lol
Old 2004-11-28, 02:37   Link #449
Marine-RX179

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMSabbel
Oh come on. You woulnd believe what strange and idiotic customs are in place where i live. We have SEVERAL holidays to celebrate some guy who came back from the dead (yeah right) and walked over water (LOL)...

If I'm not mistaken, about over 10 years ago, when on the D.C. comic Superman died fighting Doomsday, thousands of American comic fans/manics gave Superman a 'proper burial ceremony' (without the body of course, since Superman is a fictional character) in the real world? lol
Old 2004-11-28, 03:01   Link #450
FlyByNite

Quote:
That's not strictly a non-western practice. Now in this case Ichigo's family is doing it on the day of his Mom's death. But in Mexico they have the 'day of the dead' where they bring food, music, and other stuff to the cemetary of a loved one and celebrate their life

I believe it's All Saints Day(Novemeber 1st) and All Souls Day(Novemeber 2nd) so it's actually two days although I think one is for children who died and the other is for adults who died.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 10:20   Link #451
STfan
Homicidal Kitty.

Location: In Arcueid's arms, getting my blood drained by the neck. Or at least I wish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMSabbel

Hehe. Very good point.

And this random guy who did these things apparently has a huge fan base.
STfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 14:03   Link #452
Sokar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
That's not strictly a non-western practice. Now in this case Ichigo's family is doing it on the day of his Mom's death. But in Mexico they have the 'day of the dead' where they bring food, music, and other stuff to the cemetary of a loved one and celebrate their life

I believe it's All Saints Day(Novemeber 1st) and All Souls Day(Novemeber 2nd) so it's actually two days although I think one is for children who died and the other is for adults who died.
When was Mexico considered Western? Western = America + Western Europe, maybe Canada.
Sokar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 17:03   Link #453
DDRMETROID17
Anime Lover

Send a message via AIM to DDRMETROID17
Thumbs up For love of Bleach

Have any of you guys seen the anime Bleach? I saw up to Ep. 8 and it was really good. I am waiting for Ep. 9 because it leaves you on a cliffhanger. If you guys have any info or an opinion on this show, POST HERE!
DDRMETROID17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 17:16   Link #454
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokar
When was Mexico considered Western? Western = America + Western Europe, maybe Canada.
Why wouldn't Mexico count as Western? They're right below the US and there's a lot of Mexican immigrants in the US already Germany gets lumped in with Western and they're a non-english speaking country as is France.

When I hear Western it's always referred to as "Western World". Wouldn't Mexico be part of that Western World? I guess it's all semantics...:shrug:
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 19:28   Link #455
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokar
"Western culture" generally refers to any part of the world that is dominated by a European or European-descended society. Mexico and South America (Brazil, Argentina, Venezuela, etc.) are unique countries, but much of their culture is derived from the Spanish and Portugese colonists who settled there.

As a general note, Dios de los Muertos is celebrated in much of the US as well, especially in the southwest, from Texas to California.

Last edited by hooliganj; 2004-11-29 at 03:39.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 19:50   Link #456
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Actually, Christianity has a day to remember your ancestors too, the first of november. Around here it is even an official holiday, so people get a day off to visit the graves of their lost ones. Even the ones that aren't christian participate, there aren't many people who don't visit cemetaries on that particular day.
Oh : and I live in a Western European country, so the custom seems very normal to me, apparently this custom doesn't exist in the States?
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 20:26   Link #457
IMSabbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDRMETROID17
Have any of you guys seen the anime Bleach? I saw up to Ep. 8 and it was really good. I am waiting for Ep. 9 because it leaves you on a cliffhanger. If you guys have any info or an opinion on this show, POST HERE!
an anime called bleach? Sounds interesting, i once read the manga.
I wonder if there is a dediceted topic for it...

(ok, no more spamming )
IMSabbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 23:35   Link #458
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
I found that new Shingami guy really random and funny. I like him.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 00:28   Link #459
sinistral
SOS団

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
I found that new Shingami guy really random and funny. I like him.
He sounds quite hentai.. wonder what he is going to do to Rukia
sinistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 10:45   Link #460
STfan
Homicidal Kitty.

Location: In Arcueid's arms, getting my blood drained by the neck. Or at least I wish.
He's either going to be impressed at how well the two dispose of Hollows, and decide to cover for them or plea for their case to the head of the Kuchiki clan, or he's going to fight Ichigo and either win or get his ass kicked.

Other things could happen, but not as likely.
STfan is offline   Reply With Quote