AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-12, 03:20   Link #141
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I loved her voice and thought it fits the character perfectly.

But, I'm not a manga reader, so have no pre-conceived voice in my head to compare it to.

Of course, if Miyuki Sawashiro had been cast instead, I wouldn't have complained.
Miyukichi is one of my favorite VA but I haven't heard anything evil about her voice
Old 2012-04-12, 03:33   Link #142
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
My question is the same as MrTerrorist?
Why did Special Forces chase them in the first part of the story?
I think i should rephrase that question: Which special forces group were chasing Koko and Jonah during the 1st episode?

As for your question Azuma Denton, those Spec-Force guys were actually sent by the head customs official who didn't want Koko and her men delivering MIG jet upgrades for his country's Air Force since that would increase tension with it's neighbors.
Old 2012-04-12, 03:48   Link #143
Elestia

I found it funny their scouts were driven by just one special forces member per car. What were they planning to do? Ram their cars? Kind of hard to do when they have more people and guns than the scouts.
Old 2012-04-12, 06:56   Link #144
Arya

Watched, and well, it seemed not a first episode, it was rushed, a bit confusing, but the overall felling remembered me of FMP! Not for the art style that it wasn't memorable.
Even if the action scenes were more similar to an american movie .. lot of bullets, explosions, dull enemies, that make the show a bit approximate and less serious than probably they meant it to be.
Anyways, I'll keep watching to see where they are going to go

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 07:11   Link #145
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
I found it funny their scouts were driven by just one special forces member per car. What were they planning to do? Ram their cars? Kind of hard to do when they have more people and guns than the scouts.
They were scouts, they were meant to tail them and gather intel instead of attacking, it's what they do. The guys in the Humvee were the ones meant to do the attack instead.
Old 2012-04-12, 07:48   Link #146
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I think i should rephrase that question: Which special forces group were chasing Koko and Jonah during the 1st episode?

As for your question Azuma Denton, those Spec-Force guys were actually sent by the head customs official who didn't want Koko and her men delivering MIG jet upgrades for his country's Air Force since that would increase tension with it's neighbors.
Ah, after watching it you are right...
Thanks for clearing it up...

Guess, i need to wash my face first instead of watching anime when i wake up in the morning.
Bad habit...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 09:30   Link #147
Cipher

Like most of these seinen global-issue anime whatnot, I couldn't figure out exactly what was going on. Can anyone summarize the events?

Jormungand is an arms dealing team who recently recruited this child soldier(from somewhere). And they're currently somewhere in Eastern Europe? And they're selling jet upgrades to one country's military? And other armed people in the military didn't want them to sell it to the other part of the military because it risks war? More weapons means more tension? and these other people were trying to kill her? wut?

And what about the latter part? Who were they against? Who was that guy she called, who was somehow related to that country's military, when she was talking to the person who hit her with the glass? also, who was that person who hit her? wtf...wat where they even talking about?
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 10:40   Link #148
KilluaX90

@Cipher: The episode is kinda rushed so let me try to clarify it a bit:

What happened in the first part: you get the gist of it. You should know that by increasing the tension, Koko can sell weapons to neighbor countries, too. In other words, she has created a profitable market (not sure about this, someone with economics major can help).

The second part: A certain arms dealer tried to invade her market, so she had her men persuade the client with a better deal while getting rid of her competitor.

About the episode: it felt kinda rushed, and the characters' expressions are not as good as the manga, but it was great seeing the gang animated.
KilluaX90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 11:18   Link #149
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

I saw the first episode, I feel disappointed.

To me, the plot was kind of all over the place and the latter half definitely felt rushed. However, I can see the potential for the character development for the members in Koko's squad.

I'm not expecting anything amazing now, but I'll continue to watch this when I have time.
Old 2012-04-12, 11:18   Link #150
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
Like most of these seinen global-issue anime whatnot, I couldn't figure out exactly what was going on. Can anyone summarize the events?

Jormungand is an arms dealing team who recently recruited this child soldier(from somewhere). And they're currently somewhere in Eastern Europe? And they're selling jet upgrades to one country's military? And other armed people in the military didn't want them to sell it to the other part of the military because it risks war? More weapons means more tension? and these other people were trying to kill her? wut?
Exactly....why the confusion? You hit the nail on the head
Old 2012-04-12, 11:19   Link #151
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post

And what about the latter part? Who were they against? Who was that guy she called, who was somehow related to that country's military, when she was talking to the person who hit her with the glass? also, who was that person who hit her? wtf...wat where they even talking about?
Also, Jonah is from North Africa (as hinted at by the images and BGM in the opening sequence).
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 13:17   Link #152
Elestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
They were scouts, they were meant to tail them and gather intel instead of attacking, it's what they do. The guys in the Humvee were the ones meant to do the attack instead.
Maybe their scouts are retarded. I would think tailing a car would entail actually being behind Koko's entourage and not driving aggressively right next to them.
Old 2012-04-12, 13:19   Link #153
Bern-san

Loved this episode, it was refreshing to me to see this type of show to me. Both the OP and ED were great and good characters for now (Koko and her weird attitude, Valmer and her love for Koko and Jonah were the highlights)

BTW, I actually liked both Katanagatari and Steins:Gate in visuals, also didn't have a problem with this episode quality (granted it wasn't the best, but not bad in my opinion)
Old 2012-04-12, 13:26   Link #154
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hrm ... well ... not quite my cup of tea. Ah well. Maybe I will give it a watch when all the eps have been completed, though.
Old 2012-04-12, 14:31   Link #155
Johnny
Working the bags...

Pretty decent episode if not a tad rushed, but I suppose it's expected...

Don't even try and tie the first part before the OP with the rest of the episode since that's well somewhat what's to come I suppose and major spoiler material...

The rest of the episode wasn't confusing if you just look at in simpler terms like KilluaX90 pointed out...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 18:23   Link #156
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Maybe their scouts are retarded. I would think tailing a car would entail actually being behind Koko's entourage and not driving aggressively right next to them.
I'm guessing their objective at that point wasn't really to simply tail her but to dissuade her from going to the port (since we saw the foreign affairs minister(?) saying that if she got there it would be too late) and as such driving aggressively next to what seems to be a young woman and a kid would feel like a good way to intimidate them. Of course that's not what happened as we know.
Old 2012-04-12, 20:51   Link #157
karuroso

Seems like theres a hot eyepatch lesbian in this show, enough reason for me to watch this =D
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 22:02   Link #158
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well this is good Koko is so much like Balalaika but not as cold
Old 2012-04-12, 22:34   Link #159
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Somehow though, I find the low animation quality suiting for the author's art style...
Old 2012-04-12, 23:22   Link #160
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Anyway, that was a rather entertaining first episode.
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, gunfights, seinen