AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-09-14, 13:40   Link #21
Neji112

This is a really interesting development, and at least the first time we've seen Madara use a truly horrifying technique befitting of his legend.

However doesn't the Sharingan close forever after one uses Izanagi? I guess Madara has plenty of extra Sharingans to spare but shouldn't he at least be temporarily blind, with that one eye of his closed?
Neji112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 13:47   Link #22
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Unless he has a second eye on the other side.
Old 2010-09-14, 14:12   Link #23
james0246

Or, he is able to use Izanagi without destroying a Sharingan eye.

I have no idea if this is real (in fact, I doubt it is), but it is still a pretty cool image:

Remember, this is an unconfirmed image, so treat it as such until it can be verified one way or another.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 14:14   Link #24
Nobodyman9
Banned

I'd very much like to know where Konan got 600 billion paper bombs.

Yeah, I'm calling fake on this.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 14:22   Link #25
SeanQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post

really thin and small pieces of paper...
Old 2010-09-14, 14:23   Link #26
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post

It apparently comes from a trusted source, and many of the better translation providers have confirmed said source. So, until we have sufficient justification to disprove the source, it is confirmed...

btw, I was also stupified by the number. Here's hoping it was a communication error, else Konan's attack will eb a little absurd...
Old 2010-09-14, 14:28   Link #27
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

My question if this spoiler is true is how Danzou knew about this ability (Izanagi)?

It certainly can't be from Orochimaru.
It certainly can't be from Itachi.
It certainly can't be from the Uchiha tablet.
Finding it by accident sounds far stretched.

So it leads to Madara. Why would Madara tell Danzou this info? Not saying this is fake or anything, but it is awkward at best.

Quote:
Not surprised. Although how you can possibly defeat an Izanagi, I have no idea.
Sasuke did it using simple genjutsu. Another way to defeat it is just using sheer numbers for once the Izanagi user uses it (twice? one for each eye), then it is over for him.

Anyone thinks Madara survived Amaterasu by using Izanagi?

Quote:
Madara falls into the sea of Paper. He attempts to teleport away, only to be stopped by a barrage of exploding papers (Konan and Madara both explain the extent to the teleportation ability).
Ackward. We saw Madara using this ability non-stop with zero restrictions. So why would it have one now? More importantly, how would Konan know to exploit this? Maybe the explanation will go into good detail.
Old 2010-09-14, 14:32   Link #28
Cael
Lurker Mode

Assuming the image is true, I guess he can read the tablet...

Anyway, I've always thought that Naruto and Sasuke would have to team up to defeat Madara. I wonder if now, when they fight, instead of them both dying, they will instead fight to gain the others power. If Naruto defeats Sasuke and gains his power, they will essentially be 'teaming up'. Naruto might consider it 'saving Sasuke' if he 'lives on' as a part of Naruto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax View Post
My question if this spoiler is true is how Danzou knew about this ability (Izanagi)?
Perhaps he fought an Uchiha who used the technique on him. Also, he was teamed up with Uchiha Kagami, don't forget.
It could also be that is was Itachi who gave up the secrets of his clan, he was a spy after all.
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 14:34   Link #29
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
really thin and small pieces of paper...
Even so, that's an extremely large number. But the real question is how did she print on so many pieces of paper?
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 14:44   Link #30
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
It's unclear currently, and I am unsure if Madara is actually stating that he did attain these powers (he did somehow combine with Hashirama, or at least somehow come into possession of Hashirama's body's energy), or if he merely tried to and failed (I'm guessing that he tried and failed considering that he does not have the Rinnegan).
I think it's clear that whatever he planned he failed in his master plan, since he is now just a weakened guy who doesn't want to fight any kage level people because for some reason it is a risk for him. I think that he actually succeeded in something even if he lost the fight. That something is related to gaining some piece of Hashirama's power, maybe he used some very special secret technique during the fight that had no immediate visible effect. We don't know why the great invincible Hashirama died at a young age, this was always a mystery for me, how could have Hashirama died when he was the strongest living ninja and also leader of the strongest village. So it may be his death was somehow caused by Madara.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 15:02   Link #31
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Sorry about that . I was unsure as to the proper placement of the action, so the combined text is a little stilted. And the description of Izanagi, despite the particulars, is fairly vague. Specifically, is Izanagi a part of Onmyouton (a technique that is only possible if one is able to use Onmyouton), or is Izanagi actually the name for Onmyouton? Because the spoilers are a little vague on the matter...

And Gaara too .

Does anyone else remember the spoiler from a year or two ago about how Kushina secretly had twins, and Karin was Naruto's missing sibling...
The spoiler is indeed a bit vague on this point. Since Onmyouton is the element, I think Izanagi is the name for the technique. The spoiler sort of implies Izanagi is the only technique using that element though... so it may just be another name for Onmyouton.

How could I forget about Gaara? There is also that girl from Kumo, Karui I think. Of course, the fact all Uzumaki have red hair does not mean that everyone with red hair is related to the Uzumaki clan so it's highly likely none of them will be. I still think Karin is a likely candidate though, for some reason...

I remember that spoiler about Karin and Naruto being twins. Thankfully, it's been completely crushed by the recent flashback. There is no way Kishimoto can retcon that.

Oh and that pic is definitely fake IMO.
Old 2010-09-14, 16:20   Link #32
james0246

^You forgot the Mizukage. She's obviously Naruto's Aunt...
Old 2010-09-14, 16:30   Link #33
Slave0fLife
O_O

I don't think we should be busting our heads trying to figure out how she printed the paper - after all, in this series you make shurikens, kunais, toads, snakes, hawks, and even people out of nothing.

I also gave up a long time ago on Kishimoto explaining how those ultimate techniques are learned (Nagato using the spirit-eating-statue-which-I-forgot-the-name for the "first time"; who was the first person to summon something - apparently Rikkudou Sennin now - and how did he figure out how to do it? etc).
Slave0fLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 17:34   Link #34
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Impressions...first of all, 600 billion is ridiculous even for shounen, I mean even SSJ4 Gogeta didn't have 600 billion battle power! Anyway, on to the important stuff. First of all, it is heavily implied that Madara was severely weakened after his fight with Hashirama at VotE, but here he says it was some failed fusion; still, how did he come out weaker than normal? Secondly, Izanagi is an ultimate jutsu that shapes reality, it has to have a cost (as Danzou showed, in eyes). Madara having unlimited access to it automatically makes it powerhax. Finally, Rikudou's legacy and the Uzumaki clan: if said spoilers are true, they just become ninja goods that anyone can obtain (since most families have been left completely in the dark), which would be catastrophic to future revelations (guess whut, I'm your evil uncle's bastard son, the 21st Rikudou!).
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 17:53   Link #35
lotus_lee

Every single chapter these days has more BS to be revealed that it's unbelievable. Madara and Nagato being the 2nd and 3rd RS? Now the 1st RS doesn't sound so original and legendary now. Especially when everyone can get the same legendary powers. But then again, Naruto gaining the RS' powers AND the Kyuubi's in a relatively short time was unexpected too.
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 17:59   Link #36
blacktail fox

by now we should be able to see the link.
uchiha madara gives part of his power to uzumaki nagato to create rikkudu (rinnegan) nagato.
uchiha itachi gives part of his power to uzumaki naruto, who now already posesses senju body to create rikkudu (rinnegan) naruto.
apparently this must have been itachi final solution to madara just in case his amaterasu trap through sasuke failed. this must mean that itachi knew so much more about madara than he let on.
so for those who are complaining about naruto gaining the rinnegan, i think they would be disappointed because its defintly clear he is going to get it. if not to fight sasuke with it, then it would be necessary to fight a madara with senju and 7 bijuu powers.
it all comes down to:

1. uchiha madara power + uzumaki nagatos potential = rikkudu rinnegan nagato

2. uchiha itachi power + uzumaki naruto(with senju life force) = rikkudu rinnegan naruto
blacktail fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 18:24   Link #37
kobun

what i dont understand is.. why didn't konan burn nagatos body... ala darth vader? would of saved them the trouble...
kobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 18:39   Link #38
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax View Post

Sasuke did it using simple genjutsu. Another way to defeat it is just using sheer numbers for once the Izanagi user uses it (twice? one for each eye), then it is over for him.

Anyone thinks Madara survived Amaterasu by using Izanagi?
Sheer number means nothing, the uncomplete jutsu that was forbbiden by the Uchiha and was also used by Danzou was limited by time because its use destroyed the Doujutsu itself but since apparently Madara obtained Hashirama's power and thus became the 2nd person to master Onmyoton he has no such problem, his only limit is chakra.

Considering that despite this god-like ability he's still a shadow of his former self I'm guessing Madara really is in a terrible shape, maybe even technically dead. He might have litteraly willed himself alive as his body died at the GotE making him some kind of unkillable wraith trying to regain a real body ables to substain his power. Or something.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 19:07   Link #39
tkdtiger

so this at least gives a brief idea of why he said he gave Nagato the Rinnegan?
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 20:01   Link #40
MikeyGrey
believe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
so this at least gives a brief idea of why he said he gave Nagato the Rinnegan?
like blacktail fox said earlier, it basically means sharingan+uzumaki = rinnegan
this explains how madara "gave" the rinnegan to nagato and madara's attempted (& supposedly failed) "gain other's power" fight.
however, that would also mean that itachi already gave it to naruto...
all of a sudden sasuke's ems doesnt look so strong... poor guy's at the end of his powerups pretty much
btw. who's 2nd rikoudou sennin?
MikeyGrey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion