AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-26, 21:00   Link #101
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Goddammit people, WE'VE HAD THIS DISCUSSION AT LEAST THREE TIMES ALREADY! This thread started out in the General Chat but a mod decided to move it and called it one of the rare exceptions on the forum. And if you're so bothered about it (to EVERYONE whose complained) just avoid this thread, simple as that.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 00:02   Link #102
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
That would be the kiss of death for the thread. Nobody would be able to find it over there.
Too bad if that's the case. If you cared for this thread, you'd keep it active anyway. Avatar isn't anime, so it doesn't belong in this subforum. A pity claim for more popularity shouldn't hold any weight for deciding where the thread belongs.

Quote:
Besides we just went through Ironman, Wolverine and X-Men anime.(I'm trying to forget that Blade existed.) I think the line is blurred so much now it prob doesn't make that much of a difference.
You know what those 4 series have in common? They were animated in Japan. Therefore, they are anime. But Avatar isn't. If you want to classify anime by 'anime-like' art style (which is total rubbish in my opinion considering that anime doesn't even have a set art style), you would have threads in this subforum for Teen Titans, Kappa Mikey, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and My Life Me. While we're at it, why don't we add Brody's Ghost, Runaways, and Bleedman's webcomics to the manga subforums? I'm sure you'd love that.

Edit: Ok, I just read through the thread. Sent Solace a PM.

Last edited by Tempester; 2011-09-27 at 00:22.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 01:47   Link #103
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Too bad if that's the case. If you cared for this thread, you'd keep it active anyway. Avatar isn't anime, so it doesn't belong in this subforum. A pity claim for more popularity shouldn't hold any weight for deciding where the thread belongs.

You know what those 4 series have in common? They were animated in Japan. Therefore, they are anime. But Avatar isn't. If you want to classify anime by 'anime-like' art style (which is total rubbish in my opinion considering that anime doesn't even have a set art style), you would have threads in this subforum for Teen Titans, Kappa Mikey, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and My Life Me. While we're at it, why don't we add Brody's Ghost, Runaways, and Bleedman's webcomics to the manga subforums? I'm sure you'd love that.

Edit: Ok, I just read through the thread. Sent Solace a PM.
Okay, personally I didn't want to continue this war but I have something to say and I'll just say it once and leave it at that. Although anime doesn't have an exact art style but it does have a certain "feel" to it. All those series that you listed (T&T, Kappa Mikey....), they DON'T have that "feel" to it. Now I know that you can't define "feel" and in turn is a bad argument but it really is one of those, you know what you know. In conclusion I can only say that the series you listed failed to impersonate the anime feel while Avatar succeeded in it. Those series tried too hard and in turn made itself look like bad fanfictions while Avatar did everything in the perfect amount.

But this series is still by any definition a "cartoon". However it is a cartoon that is the closest to anime I've seen in a while. It deserves to be here in this thread. It's like the opposite of P&S where it's an anime that captured that feel of "cartoons".
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 06:09   Link #104
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
You know what those 4 series have in common? They were animated in Japan. Therefore, they are anime.
You'd be surprised how many American cartoons are animated in Japan and other Asian countries. Many anime are outsourced to countries like Korea as well. Who draws it is not a good definition for anime. Are we going to argue about the validity of having Transformers threads in our anime discussion areas too?

You're viewing this argument from a purist standpoint (and using a very narrow definition), and you're entitled to that opinion, however we (the staff) have no problem with it being here. We'd probably move Thundercats to the Currently Airing section if it had more discussion but at the moment it does not. We're still up in the air about that one.

Enough with the "but it's not anime" discussion. It goes where we want it to go, and that's final.

Quote:
While we're at it, why don't we add Brody's Ghost, Runaways, and Bleedman's webcomics to the manga subforums? I'm sure you'd love that.
If a thread is made and we have the opinion it should go there, we'd do so. We already list many manhwa there.
Old 2011-09-27, 06:39   Link #105
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
We'd probably move Thundercats to the Currently Airing section if it had more discussion but at the moment it does not. We're still up in the air about that one.
Well it's in reruns right now and took a week off for Clone Wars. Oct 28th is when the new episode (ep. 9) will start apparently.
Old 2011-09-27, 06:53   Link #106
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
You'd be surprised how many American cartoons are animated in Japan and other Asian countries. Many anime are outsourced to countries like Korea as well. Who draws it is not a good definition for anime. Are we going to argue about the validity of having Transformers threads in our anime discussion areas too?

You're viewing this argument from a purist standpoint (and using a very narrow definition), and you're entitled to that opinion, however we (the staff) have no problem with it being here. We'd probably move Thundercats to the Currently Airing section if it had more discussion but at the moment it does not. We're still up in the air about that one.

Enough with the "but it's not anime" discussion. It goes where we want it to go, and that's final.

If a thread is made and we have the opinion it should go there, we'd do so. We already list many manhwa there.
Thanks for your input, Solace. And thanks also for addressing my point about Thundercats. I rest my case, and apologize for disrupting the thread.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 16:52   Link #107
videoman190

I would like them show the other possible abilities of Bloodbending!
Spoiler for What Blodbending can really do!:
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 09:28   Link #108
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Reason: It's already been taken care of

in what way solace!?
Old 2011-10-06, 02:33   Link #109
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

Aang's looking pretty boss there as a statue.
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 01:57   Link #110
DangerMouse

Quote:
Well it's in reruns right now and took a week off for Clone Wars. Oct 28th is when the new episode (ep. 9) will start apparently.
Can't wait.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 11:37   Link #111
Qwib

Eeep! I am so excited for this!
Qwib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 10:08   Link #112
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Does this show have an exact airing date yet? (MM/DD/YYYY)
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 11:28   Link #113
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

No, it seems like it's been pushed back to 2013 (because, erm, Nick really likes messing with the schedule for this series) so it's going to be a long while before we have a more concrete date.
Old 2011-10-14, 13:34   Link #114
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
No, it seems like it's been pushed back to 2013 (because, erm, Nick really likes messing with the schedule for this series) so it's going to be a long while before we have a more concrete date.
Gonna need a source on the 2013. Last I heard was 2012.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 15:38   Link #115
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Link for where I heard it from, since I haven't heard any information disproving it so far I'm taking it as truth.
Old 2011-10-14, 16:01   Link #116
Kirarakim

Reminding me why I was never a fan of Nick. I remember with the original series episodes would air in different countries before they aired in the US.
Old 2011-12-03, 23:32   Link #117
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

It appears that the opening sequence may have been leaked:
Old 2011-12-04, 00:04   Link #118
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
It appears that the opening sequence may have been leaked:
Twitter is currently fangasming over it and I joined in. Like the first series, this opening seems tailored for the first episode(s) and then probably a more permanent opening featuring Korra will show up later. All I can say is: WIN. ATLA is one of my favorite series ever and it looks like ALoK will knock even more socks off.
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 00:17   Link #119
Xagzan

And if they actually changed the title back to Avatar, like that title card would suggest, that'd be so great. Either way, I've been fangasming over here too.

Serenade us, JK Simmons
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 02:44   Link #120
akire_and_atem

aw, man they removed it :T

two days too late for me to join u.u

oh well... sooner or later I'll have another chance... I hope!! ^^U
akire_and_atem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avatar the last airbender, korra