AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - Episode 12 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 45 33.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 26.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 20.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 11.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.24%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-19, 19:16   Link #41
Itlandm
Porcupine

Fascinating to see Yuuta instinctively take on the archetypal role of the shaman, leading the souls through the barrier between this world and the unseen. It is a function that certain gifted souls have been performing in every tribe since the stone age; some say this is why certain mental illnesses persist in every human race and population, because in a low dose they were necessary for the shamans to arise and perform their vital function in people's lives. Yuuta certainly seems to have a knack for it!
Old 2012-12-19, 19:22   Link #42
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
nice ending. i really can't blame them for how the anime ended.
Old 2012-12-19, 19:24   Link #43
HandofFate

non-chuuni dekomori was a breathtaking sight.

also, not only is she a top student in her class, she's apparently from a rich family as well. A great catch to whoever will get her.

Nibutani's role was really small this episode. Wish the guy friend had more of an role, but seems he's just there to make it seem more like a real circle instead of just main cast members.

The ending was good. With Rikka finally being able to say goodbye.
Old 2012-12-19, 19:35   Link #44
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
The last minute plot twist of Rikka's chuunibyou being based on The Dark Flame Master as much as it was anything else. In some ways, it's an awesome plot twist. It certainly adds a lot to the Rikka/Yuuta romance. However, it's hard to swallow this never coming up before.
Ah, but it did. Remember this in episode 1?
Spoiler for Way back:
Rikka told him, in her way, it's just that it came across as meaningless chuuni-babble at the time.
Okay, it's not much but...
Old 2012-12-19, 19:38   Link #45
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I voted 5. I'm being highly critical of this episode.

It's as though KyoAni ran out of time and threw 8 chapters into 1, and this was the result. Add in the created characters and Deus Ex Machinas everywhere.

Below par, compared to the rest of the show.

The only redeeming thing was Dekomori being a normal person. I'm off to write fics about this. Cheerio.

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-12-19, 19:38   Link #46
HandofFate

Rikka's last night: "Do you want to see my eye?"

I take it eye in chuunibyou speak refers to a reproductive organ, and that after the cut, Rikka and Yuuta had some nice chuunibyou sex together.
Old 2012-12-19, 19:46   Link #47
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Ah, but it did. Remember this in episode 1?
Spoiler for Way back:
Rikka told him, in her way, it's just that it came across as meaningless chuuni-babble at the time.
Okay, it's not much but...
Honestly, that does improve my take on it. It tells me that the writer probably had this planned for the beginning, and didn't just do this plot twist as a last-minute "How do I get myself out of this writer's block?!" sort of thing.
Old 2012-12-19, 20:03   Link #48
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Honestly, that does improve my take on it. It tells me that the writer probably had this planned for the beginning, and didn't just do this plot twist as a last-minute "How do I get myself out of this writer's block?!" sort of thing.
Yes. There's also the brief flashback in episode 8, where we see a young pre-chuunibyou Rikka watching Yuuta on his balcony.
Old 2012-12-19, 20:21   Link #49
Texas84
よろしく

Stole the show

Hope we get a season 2. With the hair down.
Old 2012-12-19, 20:29   Link #50
Entravity

I think KyoAni did an amazing job for the last episode. They managed to fit a lot into one episode and it wasn't incomprehensible. I am actually very satisfied by the ending.
Old 2012-12-19, 20:29   Link #51
jedinat

This had been the only anime this season to keep my attention thus far, and the last two episodes just killed it. Lame forced drama; it's like a harem comedy's protagonist is punched by the tsundere girl and gets a fractured nose, which becomes complicated somehow and he's on his death bed, and everyone is wrought and sad but then the a new doctor with revolutionary ideas comes up with a novel procedure to save him, and in the end it's happily ever after.

Sorry for the run-on sentence, but maybe someone understands what I'm getting at. I just skimmed through the last two episode because I could not care about anything that was happening. It wasn't funny.
Old 2012-12-19, 20:29   Link #52
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas84 View Post
Hope we get a season 2. With the hair down.
But the twintails are already back by the end of the episode...
Old 2012-12-19, 20:36   Link #53
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
There's one area where I disagree with what seems to be a growing consensus on this thread.

While I did feel this episode was a bit rushed, it also had a certain finality to it for me.

Chuunibyou was never really a slice of life show, even by the farthest stretches of the imagination. Even when it was very comedic-based, it was also very conflict-driven. The central conflicts simply grew and changed over the full course of the show. In actual fact, this anime had a much tighter "overarching plot" structure than most other KyoAni shows.

Early on, the central conflict was about a guy desperately trying to get away from his recent chuunibyou past being hounded by a girl that embraced chuunibyou totally. Much of the comedy arose out of that conflict. That conflict ultimately lead into other conflicts, which were ultimately resolved by Yuuta and Rikka reaching a comforting mutual understanding between them, which seems to include a much smoother incorporation of chuunibyou within their broader lives.

I'm satisfied with Yuuta and Rikka's story now, and I don't see any real need to add on to it. The most potential I see is with the rest of the cast, where I think we just scratched the surface with them. Still, I'm not sure if fulfilling that potential calls for a full-fledged second season.

I do think it would be nice to have an OVA or two. Something lighthearted, something that resolves some hanging threads (such as between Rikka and her family), something that perhaps fleshes out the secondary cast a bit.
Old 2012-12-19, 21:06   Link #54
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

A woderfull ending to a great show. KyoAni never fails to entertain me.
Old 2012-12-19, 21:37   Link #55
HandofFate

I agree with Triple R.
I can see an OVA or two. But I don't really desire another season. The moral/lesson of the story was concluded, that counts as a completed story for me.

Though its kind of annoying that in typical anime fashion they left some things to leave room for a 2nd season if it seems like it be profitable to. Wish most animes will just go "okay, this story is done" and be finished with it.

The only thing I got annoyed at with Tasogare Otome x Amnesia. Had a perfect conclusion, but nope had to leave room hanging for a sequel if the money stars aligns again in the future.
Old 2012-12-19, 22:06   Link #56
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Fairly predictable, but otherwise perfectly satisfying conclusion. I was not prepared for hime-cut Sanae.

I really enjoyed Yuuta's reality-breaking moment. It helped sell his somewhat sudden embrace of his DFM side, and was especially well voiced and animated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
Not to mention the narrator explaining the theme of the series to us was totally unnecessary and lessened the impact of the finale.
Yeah, that seemed a bit odd to me. Were they worried the audience wouldn't "get" it? Nibutani had provided sufficient perspective on this topic already, for my money.
Old 2012-12-19, 22:14   Link #57
Animexcel

I enjoyed the series and was happy with how it ended, and would totally be up for a 2nd season. I do think they could've added a scene or 2 if they took out the op and ed credits; I thought final episodes usually do that. Oh well.

I'm glad some speculations weren't true, like something that involved Rikka and a train, or a "Toradora" ending; which I disliked so much.
Old 2012-12-19, 22:19   Link #58
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I'm really disappointed with the Dekomori development. Yuuta kinda made her bawl her eyes out, and now he's acting like it never happened. There wasn't even a small glimpse of an apology. Oh well, I'm glad she seemed to have taken it like a fuckin champ in the end.
Old 2012-12-19, 22:40   Link #59
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I agree with Triple R.
I can see an OVA or two. But I don't really desire another season. The moral/lesson of the story was concluded, that counts as a completed story for me.

Though its kind of annoying that in typical anime fashion they left some things to leave room for a 2nd season if it seems like it be profitable to. Wish most animes will just go "okay, this story is done" and be finished with it.
Considering that in a typical Rom Com Plot, this is easily around the time we see a love rival, I think that those wishing for another season might have to be careful what they wish for.

There is enough material in the LN for a Second Season, I'd think. However, Kyo-ani would definitely need to adjust the plot considerably.

In other news , Long hair Dekomori is an Awesome Bishoujo. I personally wouldn't mind a spinoff about her.
Old 2012-12-19, 22:46   Link #60
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
But the twintails are already back by the end of the episode...
As they should be, I don't care how good she looks with her hair down, deko is not deko without the twintails

I thought this episode wasn't that well done honestly, I felt really rushed like they were trying to fit the main points from a bunch of different episodes into one quick episode. I liked the final scene with Rikka and Yuta going to the Horizion but everything leading up to that felt really super overly dramatic for no real reason. The whole episode just left me with a feeling of they could have done it better.
Closed Thread