Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-19, 09:34   Link #61
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
do you think blackbeard was at Yonkou level when he fought ace?
At that point, no. But he was still significantly stronger than Ace. That much is clear.
Old 2013-04-19, 13:48   Link #62
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Skypia mostly had jungles, buildings. A very suitable place to bounce around if you have springs as legs. Bellamy also had complete control over his "flight course" (hell, someone less experienced would end up crashing into a wall at full speed I guess, Bellamy never did that did he?) besides, he was almost invisible to the naked eye. All he had to do was to spring hopper around till everyone dies. I dont think everyone has the ability (or slight glimp of haki maybe?) to punch him to ground in last split second at his fastest speed.

Im more interested in how he got there. Even if it sounds ridiculous, Bane Bane No Mi can explain that fairly easily.
you forgot about Colour of Observation or known as mantra there

which are really effective against random attack like gomu2 gatling or Bellamy spring...whatever it is

but again, we don't know when he went there or what his current level/power was

assuming old bellamy went and run amok there, Wiper, Ganfall and other Shandian Warriors would be ready to kick his ass
Old 2013-04-20, 09:20   Link #63
Drriton
Naruto D. Uchia

Yes they didn't lose to Ace but they would for sure and something like that happend again in impel down when they faced Shiryu Blackbeard called them back again that means he isnt at such a high level . And i cant see Burgess being that strong like Luffys level dont forget Luffy beat a pacifista in one move something that Kid 315milion Law 200milion Killer 160milion were out of breath after they beat a pacifista or do you expect Burgess to have a 500milion bounty.If Burgess is on Luffys level than going after Kaidou would be meaningless .Or maybe SH&Law alliance will change their plan to Defeat Kaido and they will go after Burgess first .And this tournament thing all the participants are talking about Cavendish 280 milion ,Bellamy 195milion they even think that he might win this dont set your expectation very high on him or at least tell me why should we think he is that strong .
Old 2013-04-20, 17:07   Link #64
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drriton View Post
something like that happend again in impel down when they faced Shiryu Blackbeard called them back again that means he isnt at such a high level . And i cant see Burgess being that strong like Luffys level dont forget Luffy beat a pacifista in one move something that Kid 315milion Law 200milion Killer 160milion were out of breath after they beat a pacifista or do you expect Burgess to have a 500milion bounty.If Burgess is on Luffys level than going after Kaidou would be meaningless .Or maybe SH&Law alliance will change their plan to Defeat Kaido and they will go after Burgess first .And this tournament thing all the participants are talking about Cavendish 280 milion ,Bellamy 195milion they even think that he might win this dont set your expectation very high on him or at least tell me why should we think he is that strong .
Blackbeard and his crewmates never fought Shiliew at Impel Down. I think you're mistaking Shiliew for Magellan, the warden of Impel Down. And even then, we don't know exactly how Magellan was dealt with. Yes, Luffy beat a pacifista in one hit, the very same pacifista he and his whole crew struggled big time to take down. See how that works? Why are you comparing post-skip versions of characters to pre-skip ones? Obviously the post-skip versions are vastly superior, so most likely the other supernovas could replicate that feat as well.

It's very clear Burgess is strong. He's a commander of the Blackbeard pirates, and we know that the commanders of the Yonkou are very powerful (some of which could hold their own against admirals). He'll be one of the top contenders in this tournament. He took out the whole A block by himself.
Old 2013-04-21, 06:39   Link #65
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Not much happened this chapter but it still had some interesting bits. I was pleasantly surprised to see how Bellamy matured and lost (most of, at least) his arrogance. As for the block B fight, the outcome isn't that clearcut but I would expect Bellamy and Bartolomeo to put up a good fight against that army.
Old 2013-04-21, 11:02   Link #66
Drriton
Naruto D. Uchia

Luffys objective is to take down all the Yonko and it would be a waste of time to fight Burgess he is simply no match for Luffy .Burgess will be sent flying to green bit by Luffys Grizzly magnum atack .Whitebeard had 15 commanders but how many of them where on a admiral level Marco, Jozu ,and maybe Vista for some seconds only three of them and such an idiot like Blackbeard having a better crew than Whitebeard wouldn't make sense .Someone like Blackbeard who killed a crew member crying father don't kill me im your son would be to honorable to die in a battel i wouldn't be statisfied with that killed from Buggy the living legend seems to me the best outcome but of course he will cause real trouble before that .
Old 2013-04-21, 12:35   Link #67
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drriton View Post
such an idiot like Blackbeard having a better crew than Whitebeard wouldn't make sense.
Blackbeard will (if it hasn't happened already) have a stronger crew than Whitebeard. I say this with 100% certainty. All signs point to that.

You need to realize that Luffy isn't going to be steamrolling his competition from now on. There are still adversaries that will put him in his place.
Old 2013-04-21, 14:40   Link #68
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Blackbeard will (if it hasn't happened already) have a stronger crew than Whitebeard. I say this with 100% certainty. All signs point to that.

You need to realize that Luffy isn't going to be steamrolling his competition from now on. There are still adversaries that will put him in his place.
As much as I'm trying to stay away from such discussions about Luffy's/Strawhats' current strength,I think it's a bit insulting when people still assume that they can't take on any serious obstacle like an admiral or emperor.

Ok,Emperor is probably a bit too soon,they're the strongest after all,but I believe that if Luffy wanted,he could take on an admiral at this point,not in an easy fight obviously,but i believe he can.

Also i believe that whatever strawhats' current state is,I don't think that there's an opponent(including emperors) that would be able to defeat them with ease at this point(well at least the monster trio,now it's a quartet,including Frankly,maybe even Brook).
Like it was back then when they fought Aokiji.

I know that there will be major obstacles and possibly loses too,but I don't see Luffy loosing to Burgess at this point.
Most likely they won't get to fight,though.
Old 2013-04-21, 16:26   Link #69
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I doubt Luffy can take on an admiral at this point. Well, sure, he can fight one, but he wouldn't like the outcome of it. He needs to become even stronger, if he wants to find the One Piece, a lot stronger actually. I'm not saying he's weak. Right now, I'd say that each of the monster trio members is about on shichibukai level. But if they are to take on an admiral or a yonkou one on one, which is going to happen at some point, they still need to improve.

I've followed this thread a bit, and some people argue that Luffy must be around Kizaru's or Akainu's level right now, because there won't be another time skip and therefore no more major power up for Luffy and the crew. I think that's just not true, though. Look at all the strawhats went through from East Blue to Enies Lobby. Without a time skip, the crew became so much stronger during the one year they were together. The Luffy who fought Arlong wouldn't stand a chance against Lucci. He would have been crushed in a matter of seconds. But he didn't, because he steadily became stronger from island to island. He experimented with his devil fruit and found out new ways to use it, new techniques to defeat his foes. And now, he is in a similar situation. He's a strong haki user, but like he said in his fight with Hodi, he still hasn't mastered his mind, yet. Just like what he did with his Gomu Gomu no mi throughout the entirety of the first half of the series, he has a lot of time ahead to slowly but surely improve his haki powers. The same goes for Sanji and Zoro, who have just recently begun to show signs of haki. So no, the strawhats are not yet where they need to be, but they can get there, even without a time skip. The first half of the series is proof that characters in One Piece can grow stronger steadily from arc to arc. Oda just needed the time skip, because Sabondy represented this barrier, that needed to be overcome. Now, they are strong enough to fight the enemies in the new world and can gain some nice experience on the way for when they will face the strongest of the strongest towards the end of their joruney.
Old 2013-04-22, 09:58   Link #70
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
As much as I'm trying to stay away from such discussions about Luffy's/Strawhats' current strength,I think it's a bit insulting when people still assume that they can't take on any serious obstacle like an admiral or emperor.
This arc should give us a good indication on where Luffy stands compared to the elites. But he shouldn't be able to beat admirals and emperors by this point. Too early for that.
Old 2013-04-22, 10:15   Link #71
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
This arc should give us a good indication on where Luffy stands compared to the elites. But he shouldn't be able to beat admirals and emperors by this point. Too early for that.
you can sort of measure the strength of the Straw Hats by looking the other crew members... Sanji cracked his leg fighting against Vergo... and Law easily defeated Vergo.
Old 2013-04-22, 11:20   Link #72
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
you can sort of measure the strength of the Straw Hats by looking the other crew members... Sanji cracked his leg fighting against Vergo... and Law easily defeated Vergo.
You can't really compare the 2,ignoring the Law's DF for the moment,Law knew how and what Vergo is made of and has been continuously training to be able to defeat him.
Old 2013-04-22, 12:59   Link #73
Drriton
Naruto D. Uchia

Vergo looked to be stronger than Smoker and it looked like Law beat Vergo easier than Smoker Vergo was overconfident and careless he decided to take Laws atack head on he was simply to stupid .Im not expecting from Luffy to be on a admiral or empror level but beating Donflamingo sounds more realistic hopefully oda will show us Luffy vs Donflamingo at the end of this arc.
Old 2013-04-22, 13:01   Link #74
marvelB

Well, as Aohige indicated earlier, early spoilers have leaked. It's only a brief summary for the moment, but I suppose it'll do before the full thing is out (and inevitably crashes AP again ).
Closed Thread