AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-03, 00:21   Link #1
Sin of Memories
あなたが忘れられない

Send a message via AIM to Sin of Memories Send a message via MSN to Sin of Memories Send a message via Yahoo to Sin of Memories
Looking for an anime with some romance but also has good action

I watched The Sacred Blacksmith and really liked the look/feel of it. Does anyone else know of some anime similar to the look/feel and has some romance in it. I don't mind anything hardcore, but something that isn't junk either...

Also looking for a decent action anime. Bleach, naruto, D.Gray-man, Ippo, Fairy Tale, and a large list more (I will tell you if I have read/seen them) are out of the question as I have seen them/watched them already and are waiting for updates.
Old 2011-07-03, 00:54   Link #2
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

I haven't watched The Sacred Blacksmith so I can't say if this matches the look/feel any, but when I think Romance/Action I think of Fate/Stay Night right off the bat. That is pretty popular and well known so you may have seen it though...

One you may not have seen (as I don't know the popularity/mainstremness of it) that also fits into the Romance/Action would be Kurokami. It's also a good action series, but the romance is there... especially at the end.

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Old 2011-07-03, 01:09   Link #3
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

When I think of romance/action shows...

Two come to mind.

Full Metal Panic! The 1st season has a lot of action, some comedy and a little romance in a love triangle. Fumoffu has a lot of comedy, is much lighter and has good relationship stuff with Kaname and Sousuke. 2nd Raid has a lot of action, and drama and the romance really starts to heat up.

Negima It's a harem/action show. The first season is generally faithful to the manga until the last four episodes or so and then it goes downhill and has a twist that just punches you in the gut. The second season is a re-imagining that is completely different from the manga, but has a lot more action and plays up the harem aspects some what.
Old 2011-07-03, 01:29   Link #4
Sin of Memories
あなたが忘れられない

Send a message via AIM to Sin of Memories Send a message via MSN to Sin of Memories Send a message via Yahoo to Sin of Memories
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
When I think of romance/action shows...

Two come to mind.

Full Metal Panic! The 1st season has a lot of action, some comedy and a little romance in a love triangle. Fumoffu has a lot of comedy, is much lighter and has good relationship stuff with Kaname and Sousuke. 2nd Raid has a lot of action, and drama and the romance really starts to heat up.

Negima It's a harem/action show. The first season is generally faithful to the manga until the last four episodes or so and then it goes downhill and has a twist that just punches you in the gut. The second season is a re-imagining that is completely different from the manga, but has a lot more action and plays up the harem aspects some what.
Seen/read them sorry D:

Right now waiting for an update for Negime manga. I HATE the anime of this. Completely ruins it.

Watched FMP and it was freaking awesome. So funny and awesome.

Currently checking out Elemental Gelade and so far so good I thinik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynor View Post
I haven't watched The Sacred Blacksmith so I can't say if this matches the look/feel any, but when I think Romance/Action I think of Fate/Stay Night right off the bat. That is pretty popular and well known so you may have seen it though...

One you may not have seen (as I don't know the popularity/mainstremness of it) that also fits into the Romance/Action would be Kurokami. It's also a good action series, but the romance is there... especially at the end.
I will look into those. I have heard of F/S N but not seenit. Same for Kurokami.
Old 2011-07-03, 01:33   Link #5
Elegance

Action/Romance Series
Fate Stay Night-Fantasy,action,romance*
Shakugan No shana-fantasy,action,romance
Kaze No Stigma-superpower,action,romance
Eureka Seven-mecha,action,romance**
Elemental Gelade-fantasy, action romance*
DN Angel (not really action)-fantasy,romance
Dragonaut: The Resonance-mecha,action,romance
Elfen Lied-gore,action,romance*
Utawarerumono-harem,fantasy,sword era,action,romance
Tears Of Tiara-fantasy,action,not really romance
Lunar Legend Tsukihime-vampires,romance,action*
Sekirei-harem,superpower,action,romance*
Linebarrels of iron-mecha,action,romance
Vandread-mecha,action,romance
Phantom Requiem Of The Phantom-action,slightly romance**
Gantz-action,romance(18+)*
Heroic Age(basically only worry romance)-mecha,action
Demon King Daimao-harem,superpower,action,romance*
Infinite Stratos-mecha,harem,action,romance*
Freezing-ecchi,action,romance*
Angel Beats-school,afterlife,action,romance**
Highschool of the dead-harem,ecchi,action,romance**

*-favs
Old 2011-07-03, 02:22   Link #6
Sin of Memories
あなたが忘れられない

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegance View Post
Action/Romance Series
Fate Stay Night-Fantasy,action,romance*
Shakugan No shana-fantasy,action,romance
Kaze No Stigma-superpower,action,romance
Eureka Seven-mecha,action,romance**
Elemental Gelade-fantasy, action romance*
DN Angel (not really action)-fantasy,romance
Dragonaut: The Resonance-mecha,action,romance
Elfen Lied-gore,action,romance*
Utawarerumono-harem,fantasy,sword era,action,romance
Tears Of Tiara-fantasy,action,not really romance
Lunar Legend Tsukihime-vampires,romance,action*
Sekirei-harem,superpower,action,romance*
Linebarrels of iron-mecha,action,romance
Vandread-mecha,action,romance
Phantom Requiem Of The Phantom-action,slightly romance**
Gantz-action,romance(18+)*
Heroic Age(basically only worry romance)-mecha,action
Demon King Daimao-harem,superpower,action,romance*
Infinite Stratos-mecha,harem,action,romance*
Freezing-ecchi,action,romance*
Angel Beats-school,afterlife,action,romance**
Highschool of the dead-harem,ecchi,action,romance**

*-favs
Hm... I will check those out. Thanks +1 to ya
Old 2011-07-03, 02:50   Link #7
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

I'll second Shakugan No Shana, Dragonaut, and Elfen Lied. All were good series with romance and some action in them. Angel Beats I don't remember having as much action, but there is some romance and some action too. I think it's more of a (twisted) Slice of Life type anime than anything else though. But to each their own and it's still a good anime.

I know you said you didn't mind mature stuff, but be careful with Elfen Lied. They really pull no punches in that series and it is very bloody, gorey, and dark. They also get really detailed... if someone is beheaded you see the spine and different muscles in the neck. When chars are naked (no matter their age) they don't just do outlines... there is detail (at least above the waist, can't remember below). It isn't done just for the sake of it or shock value though, and I'm not saying don't watch it... just don't watch it in front of someone who gets offended at that type of thing.

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Old 2011-07-03, 11:07   Link #8
Sin of Memories
あなたが忘れられない

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynor View Post
I'll second Shakugan No Shana, Dragonaut, and Elfen Lied. All were good series with romance and some action in them. Angel Beats I don't remember having as much action, but there is some romance and some action too. I think it's more of a (twisted) Slice of Life type anime than anything else though. But to each their own and it's still a good anime.

I know you said you didn't mind mature stuff, but be careful with Elfen Lied. They really pull no punches in that series and it is very bloody, gorey, and dark. They also get really detailed... if someone is beheaded you see the spine and different muscles in the neck. When chars are naked (no matter their age) they don't just do outlines... there is detail (at least above the waist, can't remember below). It isn't done just for the sake of it or shock value though, and I'm not saying don't watch it... just don't watch it in front of someone who gets offended at that type of thing.
Thanks for your concern but I will be fine as I am the only one here that watches and I watch it in my room.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have heard a lot of about EF so I just bite the bullet and check it out.
Old 2011-07-03, 12:42   Link #9
Elegance

I also started watching Hidan no Aria.
Seems Like a action/romance tsundre
Old 2011-07-04, 16:14   Link #10
devildog23
Summerlurking

Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu - Legend of the Legendary Heroes

Try it, I know it sounds really lame and that's also what I thought at first, but the characters are great (also similar to the Sacred Blacksmith) and the story has backbone with elements of mystery. It starts off slow, but you won't be disappointed.
Old 2011-07-05, 07:00   Link #11
Sin of Memories
あなたが忘れられない

I am always willing to give oddball things a chance. It is always these lesser known anime/manga that are so good any.
Old 2011-07-05, 19:56   Link #12
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Katanagatari
Crest of the Stars

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Closed Thread