AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-30, 20:06   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - Episodes 1-4 Discussion

Welcome to the discussion thread for Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!, Episodes 1-4.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-10-31, 09:21   Link #2
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Translations of episode 1-4's production sketches and staff comments. For images, I'm placing each episode's under a images tag to save bandwidth.

Episode 1
Production Sketches:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Staff Comments:
Episode Director Eisaku Kawanami:
Quote:
So then, this is the first episode. Definitely chuunibyou. I'm Kawanami and I was in charge of directing this episode. It's spring and Yuuta's chest is bursting at the thought of meeting new friends at a new school. He ends up meeting this mysterious girl, Rikka. She also has the thorn in her side called chuunibyou. This playful human drama which you can't hate begins....
I'm also getting excited! I made sure to produce the atmosphere and movement quite carefully. I wanted to ensure everyone who watched was able to sense that spring sensation.( ̄ー+ ̄)
Now then, ladies and gentlemen, let us enjoy this tale together!
Episode Animation Director: Kayo Hikiyama:
Quote:
This is Hikiyama, who was the animation director for the first episode. It was broadcast last night, but when I had the privilege of working on it, I was quite nervous. First impressions are very important, so I really wanted to make a good one on everyone....
For the first episode, we set out to emphasize the comedy portion when Rikka and Yuuta met. Inside they both thought they were cool, but in reality, they're a bit dense for not realizing that such things can't actually happen. Yuuta, having been cured, persists as the straight man now.
The instructions I got from the (male) Director kept going "Make it cute! Make it cute!" Naturally teenagers are childish already, but in comparison to when they were chuuni, we were able to portray them cutely.
The classmates not included in our main cast were only on screen for a short period of time, but don't miss them!☆
For those of you who were able to attend the pre-screening as well as those of you who were able to watch Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! for the first time, I hope you continue to enjoy the show.
In-Between Check: Emi Nakano
Quote:
This is Nakano. I was in charge of checking the in-between drawings for the first episode of Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
Finally we have started.
Chuunibyou itself has various meanings to people. I think everyone should have some recollection of a time where you were like that, right?
That reminds me of something. When I saw the drawings for the first time, they gave off a warm impression. The characters were warm, their souls were warm...
It's so hot! I think that's what we put utmost into this series.
Episode 2:
Production Sketches:
Images
Staff Comments:
Episode Director: Ichirou Miyoshi (real name: Yoshiji Kigami):
Quote:
This is Miyoshi, the person directing episode 2.

She's Chuunibyou, But I Want to Love Her...
I've worked on many projects that I can't remember, but this is entertaining. We're just beginning to tell the story, yet Rikka gets no sympathy from the plot.

When I was checking the key animation that our staff poured their heart into, I felt like Yuuta; trying not to get too absorbed where I couldn't continue. Too late, I'm already entranced. Why do I know this? Because my arm has already been bandaged from work...
"This must be the evil De Quervian tenosynovitis..."

Ah, Toka-san appears in the second episode. Is she really a normal adult? She might be a spy from some country.
"Supervisor, what's going on?"
"Hehehe( ´<_` )"
Damn.

Oh, something else has been intriguing me. What about Deko-chan?! Unfortunately, she didn't appear in the second episode. When will we see her?
"Supervisor, how long will we wait?"
"....( ´<_` )"
Damn....
I'm really interested how this will turn out. I hope everyone continues to watch this show.
Animation Director Chiyoko Ueno:
Quote:
This is Ueno, the animation director for episode 2.

KWANG! CLASH!
Everyone's stress levels were raised while we were working on the action scenes. When we were drawing, we also felt how cute the real world scenes played out in comparison to the fantasy world. The weapons changed a bit from the conceptual image in the storyboards. As they are now, they look really interesting.

The artist in charge of drawing the scene where Rikka cancels the magical barrier outside her apartment was quite obsessed. (laughs)

I hope the new characters introduced in the second episode continue to be lively throughout the rest of the series.
I'm happy that people enjoyed watching this episode. Thank you for viewing this episode.
Photographer Hiroki Ueda:
Quote:
I'm Ueda and I was in charge of photographing episode 2 of Chuunibyou. In this episode, we have the introduction of Kumin, Toka, and the cat.

Of course, I think everyone would remember the chuunibyou action scene first. Rikka versus Toka. A ghastly delusional battle between the sisters! A howling umbrella! A roaring ladle! If you saw it, I guarantee you will love that scene!

It was intense for me photographing when the girls got sucked into Rikka's delusion. Adding the magic circles, adding attack effects, and making filters was a very intense process.

Naturally, I'm playing the photographing process up, but while I was making those effects, I enjoyed thinking about all the viewers who would see them in action.
Episode 3:
Production Sketches:
Images
Staff Comments:
Episode Director Noriyuki Kitanohara:
Quote:
This is Kitanohara, the person in charge of storyboarding and directing episode 3.

Sanae Dekomori has debuted! I think I made her a bit intense for the third episode. I say that even though we had to restrain ourselves and disconnect ourselves from what the supervisor originally wanted. She still gives off that noble impression though.

While I can't put it into words here, I put it into the episode itself. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves.
Animation Director Nobaki Maruki:
Quote:
I'm Maruki and I was the animation director for episode 3.

From this episode onward, the long-awaited (?) Dekomori will appear. More developments around the chuunibyou girl who's disease surpasses Rikka will be told. Just like how she attacks with her hair, those portions will revolve around her.

While we were working on this episode, we tried to cram in as much painfully cute moments so the audience would grin as the amount of loveable chuunibyou characters increased and Yuuta's straight man routine became hectic.

Everyone, please continue to watch even if you're in agony.
Background artist Tomoki Hiashi:
Quote:
This is Hiashi, the person in charge of backgrounds for episode 3.

I had to laugh when I saw the scene where it changed from Rikka and Dekomori's battle in the delusional world (castle) to the real world (club room).

Their ability to change an ordinary room into a scene out of a movie is spectacular.

Because we aimed to make the backgrounds for Chuunibyou soft and warm, we tried to make the real world seem as pretty as a picture when we outlined those scenes.Conversely, for the delusional world, we tried to make them as real as possible when they were outlined. I'm happy if people notice the difference in each image.
Episode 4:
Production Sketches:
Images
Staff comments:
Director/Storyboarder: Eisaku Kawanami:
Quote:
So then, this was the fourth episode of Chuunibyou. I'm Kawanami and I was in charge of directing this episode.

This story featured Nibutani and all the various expressions she showed. I pondered, contemplated, and then tried my best to think of ways so that people wouldn't hate her. The female staff also didn't want her to spoil the fun, so they drew her with a lot of love. And so that's how the fourth episode was sculpted (?).

Of course Yuuta, Rikka, and Dekomori were also cute in their various ways this episode. Yuuta was really cute! It may have been due to his chuunibyou, but his dazed look was quite lovely.

We tried to finish this episode like it was a manga since the story was similar to one you'd see in one. Definitely watch this episode, enjoy it, and disappear within the flames of darkness (○´∀`○)!
In-Between Animation Checker: Motoki Matsumura:
Quote:
This is Matsumra, the person in charge of examining the in-between animation.

This was the first of the Chuunibyou episodes I checked. I have a lot of memories of checking over Dekomori's hair. That Mjölnir hammer is terrifying.

And finally....Nibutani's secret is out! That quick change of character for her is so cute ^^. I really like the relationship she and Dekomori have. They make such a great pair! I hope there's a lot more chuunibyou that will come after this episode!
Photographer Akihiro Ura:
Quote:
This is Ura who was tasked with photographing episode four.

Nibutani played a big role in episode 4's story. The secret that the cool Nibutani, who Yuuta was attracted to, was finally revealed. This episode was definitely loaded with various actions and moves from Nibutani.

Again, we photographers put a large amount of spirit in this episode's action scenes. There was a lot of effort put in so the CG and special effects would make the episode look really cool.

This chuunibyou fourth episode was loaded with love and action. We definitely hope you enjoy it.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-10-31 at 12:23.
Old 2012-11-03, 00:56   Link #3
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Holy Places of episode 4. Scenes from the episode with photos of the places in Otsu city used as their settings. Click images to enlarge.

Fortunately, it appears that this Japanese blog will be carrying on posting new scenes/photos each week. Click the links just below the blog's banner to go to the previous episode (left) or the next episode (right). Since the blogger does more than just this show, there might be posts for other shows in between (not this week or last, though).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2012-11-10, 05:16   Link #4
RJ TAYLER

It's good to see all that 'homework' paying off so superbly in visual dividends.
Old 2013-12-11, 19:49   Link #5
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Ep.3

Omygod, haven't laughed this much in AGES! This anime is fucking GOLDEN!

I honestly didn't expect this. I started it because I thought it would have been a fantasy anime about magic and bla bla bla. Instead it ended up being one of the best commedies I've watched this year!

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

Closed Thread