Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-01, 14:39   Link #241
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craymel View Post
I just saw episode 5 and I loved it. My favourite part was the little prince segment mostly because that's one of my all time favourite books.
For some reason I had tears in my eyes during part of that segment. The sound was great, going from a couple of quiet moments to that sentimental music. And the animation of parts of it was amazing: the scarf flapping, the angle of the scene walking through stars, the scene in a sort of maze of thorns. And even though the voices sounded artificial, they worked.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 14:55   Link #242
Craymel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
For some reason I had tears in my eyes during part of that segment. The sound was great, going from a couple of quiet moments to that sentimental music. And the animation of parts of it was amazing: the scarf flapping, the angle of the scene walking through stars, the scene in a sort of maze of thorns. And even though the voices sounded artificial, they worked.
they had to sound a bit artificial because the kids were acting for a school play
Old 2009-08-01, 17:26   Link #243
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craymel View Post
they had to sound a bit artificial because the kids were acting for a school play
Good point. But it still had a strong emotional effect, on me at least.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-08-01, 20:39   Link #244
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Haven't seen episode 5 and my I need my lesbian romance fix posthaste, but I must say that The Little Prince should be required reading for the entire human race.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 22:36   Link #245
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Just finished up episode 5 and once again JC Staff has met my expectation with this touching series.

For me this episode seemed to be about insecurity. Fumi is already insecure but this is a different type insecurity within a relationship. We all know that one of the most important parts in a relationship is communication but its something Fumi does not get at first. Here is where Sugimoto seems to show her maturity instead of wondering what was wrong with Fumi she called her and asked her straight out. This action alone shows the importance of the relationship to Sugimoto. Sugimoto flaw is her popularity which of course was the part of the source of Fumi insecurity. The second part was Ikumi and the awkwardness she would feel. Aoi Hana has a fantastic way of allowing you to feel exactly what the characters are going through.

I am not sure if the matter between Sugimoto and Ikumi has been solved but it seems it has. Ikumi will get over her rejection and move on i cant help but to feel that seeing that Sugimoto honestly and wholeheartedly cares for Fumi and spending time around Fumi and Sugimoto helped her reached this point.

Achan not only was not a shoulder for Ikumi but she still managed to find time to encourage Fumi to say the things she wants to say to Sugimoto. Achan seems to be the glue that sticks everyone together. I cant help but to feel that her helping out her friends and being involved in whats going on is going to shape her romantic feelings once they arise in her. Im hoping we start to get a little more characterization with Achan soon.

The little prince segment was wonderful and bought so many memories flooding back into my mind.
Old 2009-08-02, 07:19   Link #246
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

That huge man-girl of this series seems bent towards betraying everyone or at least almost everyone at this point. And that's as if Sugimoto wasn't such a strange beast in the lot, being the 'boyish girl' icon at the school. It's like being a celebrity in real life. That usually doesn't end well in the personal-life front. And there was so much tension in her meetings with Fumi, that was borderline uncomfortable to watch.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 09:49   Link #247
Fweakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
That huge man-girl of this series seems bent towards betraying everyone or at least almost everyone at this point. And that's as if Sugimoto wasn't such a strange beast in the lot, being the 'boyish girl' icon at the school. It's like being a celebrity in real life. That usually doesn't end well in the personal-life front. And there was so much tension in her meetings with Fumi, that was borderline uncomfortable to watch.
I don't see anything of her betraying anyone at the moment. All I see is a school-star indulging the whims the fangirls. There is nothing sinister or underhanded about it as far as I can tell. She is playing the role of the person that the fangirls want her to be.

I'm really liking this series so far. I wasn't too taken with the first couple of episodes, and I suspect Fumi's character or lack thereof will never really grow on me properly, but it's becoming one of those series that I really look forward to each Thurs/Wed. Ah-chan is growing on me, and I'm really liking the voice work her seiyuu is doing. Yasuko's seiyuu I like as well.
Fweakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 10:16   Link #248
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Why do I always end up eating a whole freaking bar of chocolate whenever I watch this?

It seems that everyone's going gay for Sugimoto. That's obviously an exaggeration but I can see how she can easily attract people to her. She's good natured, nice, very accomodating and if the cellphone conversation is any indication, really sharp and probably wise beyond her years. You don't exactly see it in her silent demeanor but she is.

I'm actually loving the love triangle between Kyouko, Fumi and Sugi. If this were any lesser show, or at least one dominated by men, we'd be seeing a nice boat floating on the horizon, but no. It's handled very well without the excess angst and brooding you'd normally see. They have their own fair share of problems but they don't bitch around about it.

Clearly though Sugimoto wears the pants in the relationship. It's not that she's dominating Fumi completely but because Fumi's so insecure and indecisive about this romance that Sugimoto has to take the lead, and what a lead she's taking.

I haven't been this impressed with a side character in months.

The little segment of the Little Prince talking to his Rose was a thing of beauty. There's a deep parallelism there between the scene of how the Rose uses her thorns to both protect yet isolate herself and the current condition of the characters so far.

Nearing the end I sort of laughed a bit when Kyouko was crying because Sugimoto would only treat her like a litter sister. Yes I'm horrible, horrible person.

This might be the sleeper hit of the year. Beside Spice and Wolf of course.
Old 2009-08-03, 10:07   Link #249
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Why do I always end up eating a whole freaking bar of chocolate whenever I watch this?
Dont under estimate the power of chocolate. This show brings out some sides of me i didnt know i had.
Old 2009-08-03, 10:26   Link #250
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

It also makes me gay for Sugimoto, except I'm a man so it doesn't make me gay, unless I think that Sugimoto is really a man so I really did go gay for her, then again she's a girl so it's a shallow and straight attraction, but she's a fictional characters so it's all useless, but Fumi apparently doesn't share this sentiment, and now I need to stop with all the coma splicing.

I need another beer.

And chocolate.
Old 2009-08-03, 13:39   Link #251
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
It also makes me gay for Sugimoto, except I'm a man so it doesn't make me gay, unless I think that Sugimoto is really a man so I really did go gay for her, then again she's a girl so it's a shallow and straight attraction, but she's a fictional characters so it's all useless, but Fumi apparently doesn't share this sentiment, and now I need to stop with all the coma splicing.

I need another beer.

And chocolate.

I think your ok just look at it as pure sexual attraction that way gender doesnt come into play lol. Um have anymore beer?
Old 2009-08-05, 05:30   Link #252
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
The lesbian-interest website AfterEllen.com is streaming the episodes, too. And they're free.
That's nice. I'm surprised that a lesbian website would have any interest in anime. And it seems to be well received there as well.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 06:58   Link #253
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
That's nice. I'm surprised that a lesbian website would have any interest in anime. And it seems to be well received there as well.
Well, Erica Freedman has been promoting some yuri works on that website for some time now. Having a direct stream of Aoi Hana is a pretty damn good step.
Old 2009-08-05, 11:58   Link #254
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

For an actual yuri point of view on yuri manga and anime: Erica Friedman's okazu. Erica's first take on Aoi Hana.

I have seen two opinions from the yuri side: one, that this is a great show, a real yuri anime with good characters and frank lesbianism; two, that it is yet another show with unrealistic yuri girls' schools and a weak female protagonist.
Old 2009-08-05, 12:38   Link #255
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
For an actual yuri point of view on yuri manga and anime: Erica Friedman's okazu. Erica's first take on Aoi Hana.

I have seen two opinions from the yuri side: one, that this is a great show, a real yuri anime with good characters and frank lesbianism; two, that it is yet another show with unrealistic yuri girls' schools and a weak female protagonist.
Have you heard anything generally of how the manga and the anime are being received?
Old 2009-08-05, 14:35   Link #256
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 06:
Old 2009-08-05, 18:10   Link #257
ThoHell

I really like Achan, here character is realistic. She's not some mushy fickle brainless heroine who just falls for people left and right and causes drama. Yup yup yup, I like her! She has a good head on her shoulder.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 05:49   Link #258
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

For the record I had a pack of M&M's while watching this.

I really like how this episode tends to focus more now on Achan, who really hasn't been getting a lot of screentime as of late. In contrast her brother irritates me, mostly because I am of the opinion that people who can't appreciate The Little Prince are uncultured boors.

And Jebus I've figured out why Sugimoto's character design bugs me: she resembles Fan from Escaflowne minus the pointy nose, except that she's a girl and loves other girls too. I'm wondering if Sugimoto's just that damn charming even when she doesn't intend to be.

I mean come on, pulling off her cape and draping on herself before going on stage? Fangirls everywhere just came.

Having read Wuthering Heights but once and never finished it, I have this sneaking suspicion that using Emily Bronte's only novel as a play is not just for the sake of the plot but, perhaps, as a symbolic prophecy of the future of the story. I'm expecting a Byronic Character along Heathcliff's lines to pop up in one of the main or side characters that would become central to the story. If this is the case, I'm expecting an epic tale of self-destructive romance that hopefully moves the plot along rather than wreck it.

This is my speculation obviously. Can anyone Manga reader send me a PM whether this is the case or not? Thanks.

My only complaint was that they decided to cut it off at Catherine's death. I mean that's sorta only 2/3 of the tale... Heathcliff's still supposed to go batshit insane and go on his rousing rondo of hateful vengeance. But hey, if there is a prallelism here at least it would mean we won't be seeing that boat floating at the end if you know what I mean.

But the biggest point however is that, while Sugimoto says she dislikes girls like Catherine, by crying at the end when their advisor complemented her she pretty much confirmed that she IS Catherine. The very person she claims to dislike.

9/10
Old 2009-08-06, 06:23   Link #259
Fweakin

Quote:
But the biggest point however is that, while Sugimoto says she dislikes girls like Catherine, by crying at the end when their advisor complemented her she pretty much confirmed that she IS Catherine. The very person she claims to dislike.
Its often the case, right? The things that people hate the most are the traits in other people that they hate in themselves.

Thought it was a great episode. I just wonder where exactly things are going from here or what they hope to achieve and cover before the episodes come to an end. Being a non-manga reader, the only complaint I have is it appears a tad directionless. Although it may be a series that is more character study than plot point focused.

Guess time will tell.
Fweakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 11:44   Link #260
FireChick

Quote:
If you can do that, then you should eat a whole flipping bar of chocolate filled with little pieces of bacon in them! I eat those.

Quote:
I need another beer.

And chocolate.
And bacon chocolate!...and oreo cakesters! LOL!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, school life, yuri