AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 53 63.10%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 17.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 7.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.19%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-17, 04:46   Link #41
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

& now Ayatsuji's arc is final over, i can welcome what will easily be with a doubt the best episode of the series next week.
Old 2010-12-17, 05:03   Link #42
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
If you take her the way she is at the end of the show/episode (once everything worked out), I totally agree with you. But for me personally, I don't know that I would have been able to handle the journey to get there.
All part of the challenge. You quickly recognize the prize in her, so it's worth investing some EFFORT. At least I found her absolutely adorable in ep2 and the pre-crisis scenes in ep3.

Quote:
Perhaps it's just because the anime chose to really play up the contrast between her facade and her inner self, to the point where it makes her seem really unstable and dysfunctional.
Because that's what she WAS, unstable. Dysfunctional never, come on - she was consistently a total uber-performer. But if I had been in Junichi's shoes and suddenly noticed the Inner Ayatsuji, I'd have certainly wanted to learn the truth.

Quote:
And that "all it took" was one conversation to make things right is a bit of a sore point to me about this episode; she had so little self-esteem that she placed it all on her perception of Junichi's judgement.
But what's so strange about that? She explained that in her own words, in her emotional outburst at her confession after burning her diary. "I have so much fun being with you, so I want to be with you forever". Compared to her normal life, being with Junichi made her happy. And not just "hey, it's fun" happy, but blushing deeply, breathlessly-hurried-with-downcast-eyes-begging-to-keep-it-like-this-happy.

If someone is as starved for love and attention, it's logical to be willing to greatest lengths to accomodate the partner.

Quote:
Give me a heroine who is all of the quoted without the "disorder", and I'm so there.
What? Not willing to give for what you gain? Cheapskate!

Quote:
Tsukasa gets there in the end, but I feel like it isn't quite right given the way they portrayed her in between. I would have struggled to see the truth in between the stark contrast (even though, given that this is anime, we knew where this was headed).
"In between" she was also fine. Except for the crisis, she's been treating Junichi pretty well. Even her "Inner" side sheltered him from overwork and made him a bento. I'd find it more satisfying to find and help polish a diamond in the rough rather than pick up the ready-made jewel off a platter.
Old 2010-12-17, 05:28   Link #43
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I gotta say this was quite a satisfying end. And Tsukasa looks great with short hair XD

How come theres another arc? I thought Tsukasa was the final boss?
Old 2010-12-17, 06:03   Link #44
Wigwams

its just 1 episode long. since the miya one got pushed back into dvd/blu-ray.

love this arc. well this series for that matter. amagami girls for ISML/Saimoe/Best Moe!
Old 2010-12-17, 06:05   Link #45
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
How come theres another arc? I thought Tsukasa was the final boss?
It's a huge shame Risa isn't getting the full 4 episode arc treatment, though 1 episode is better then no episode at all.
Old 2010-12-17, 06:05   Link #46
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

It's not an arc (yeah because arc means more than one episode), it's an episode about Risa There will be another episode about Miya with the Blu-Ray.

Other than that, it was a great episode. Junichi was a real man in this episode. I'm proud of you Junichi ! Umehara too. He is a really good friend ! And of course, Ayatsuji was really great. The kick scene was fabulous And the end with the opening and the epilogue was really great too The only thing that I don't like is, Ayatsuji, why why did you cut your hair ? Whyyyyyy ? ....

Oh yeah maybe there was also not enough focus on Ayatsuji problem.

But overall, I have really enjoyed this episode and this arc. Best Amagami's arc !
Old 2010-12-17, 06:21   Link #47
U<3Anime
Boo!

Hahaha...aha.... I didn't realize I posted in the wrong thread, but whatever, I'll just "copy and pasta" then.

Nice idea, I like how you prevent bias by ranking girl and arc separately. I like Sae, so i would swap her and Ai around*sorry Ai, I know you're cool,but your arc was not* =(

I love Haruka, but I pretty much have to agree, hands down, Tsukasa was the best arc for me also. Her double personality alone, was enough to set off a more interesting premise and opened up more opportunities for drama than any of the other heroines. I know the series is mostly a laid back slice of life romance. But, the extra drama and emotions from Tsukasa definitely spiced things up for me a bit. The other thing that made the arc enjoyable for me is that, it did not suffer the 3rd episode curse and there wasn't much pointless fillers. Unlike some other arcs, It stayed pretty focused on the main couple without the distractions of other characters, whom take up an obscure of screen time sometimes =.=.

The arc also has one of the best, if not the best incarnation of Juinichi, agreed? Dude, really went out his way to get his girl back. I applaud for him straight out taking the initiative this time. Even if it means to take a punch in the face and knee in the guts, i think was worthwhile for what happened after.

Plus, I'm a total sucker for "10 years later...." epilogues. It just makes the story more satisfying in the end.

O yea, how can I forget lovely Haruka's contribution too. She totally outdid herself and got an upgrade which was an even steamer outfit than what she had back in Kaoru's arc.

It's partially a response in the character poll thread. <o<
Old 2010-12-17, 06:25   Link #48
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
It's not an arc (yeah because arc means more than one episode), it's an episode about Risa There will be another episode about Miya with the Blu-Ray.

Other than that, it was a great episode. Junichi was a real man in this episode. I'm proud of you Junichi ! Umehara too. He is a really good friend ! And of course, Ayatsuji was really great. The kick scene was fabulous And the end with the opening and the epilogue was really great too The only thing that I don't like is, Ayatsuji, why why did you cut your hair ? Whyyyyyy ? ....

Oh yeah maybe there was also not enough focus on Ayatsuji problem.

But overall, I have really enjoyed this episode and this arc. Best Amagami's arc !
A Miya arc? Hmmm sounds interesting, save the incest for last eh?
Old 2010-12-17, 06:32   Link #49
Seiryuu

Great ep!
I'd mentioned in a couple places that this show had started to make me a little disappointed as it went on. The relationships seemed to get gradually just a bit more shallow, physical, and temporary. At last we've got a better ending that shows a little bit more.
Spoiler:
One thing I wondered was just what the extra-cruel aspect of Tsukasa's past discovery was. The way she said it and the look of the child Tsukasa seems to suggest that it really was bad; she may have seen something cruel that basically made a mockery of the childhood fantasy she'd believed in, turning her happy memories into something somehow bitter. Somehow, I suspect it had to do with her sister. Something must have happened at some point for Tsukasa to hate her sister like that.

Truly a great end to the series, even if it left a couple questions about people's pasts. Now all that's left are the OVAs, for Risa and Miya. I hope one of them involves Umehara, I'm tired of seeing him lose out. And hopefully, one of them will give some hint into the details of what happened with Junichi's past rejection. I've really been curious to see who the girl was, why she stood him up, how they related after when school started again, etc.
Old 2010-12-17, 06:55   Link #50
ShiroiRyu

One question ...
The ending is not different from the first opening ?
Not the same seiyuu ?
Old 2010-12-17, 08:12   Link #51
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Even more Haruka service! The staff really likes her, huh? Her santa outfit this time around was the best so far. I would have liked to see Hibiki wear it too... will have to wait for fanarts. Sae in the bunny girl outfit was also good. Good job, Miya!

That was a nice conclusion to what was probably the most solid arc of the series. The storytelling was more focused and less erratic than in previous arcs. I'm just a bit disappointed they didn't delve further into Tsukasa's past. The Santa thing was a bit lame. I agree it was the best arc so far, but that's also because the previous arcs didn't set the bar very high.

Nice to see another 10 years later epilogue, but... why did she have to cut her beautiful hair!? Her new haircut is terrible.
Old 2010-12-17, 08:26   Link #52
pikachuwei

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandchaosSR View Post
I think the only high maintenance girl in this series is Haruka.
high maintanence on your wallet and your sanity

heck, who cares when you have HARUKA?
Old 2010-12-17, 09:28   Link #53
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Well, file me under "pleasantly surprised" for this arc. After 3 lackluster arcs, 2 of which were basically an abject failure (Sae's and Rihoko's), Tsukasa's arc turns out to be the best of the entire series. Here I went into it expecting to not like it at all and ended up really enjoying it. 9/10 episode, and same rating for her arc. That puts my final hierarchy as:

Tsukasa > Kaoru > Ai > Haruka > Rihoko > Sae

And a short-haired older Tsukasa is win, IMO. The look really quite suits her.
Old 2010-12-17, 09:51   Link #54
karuroso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Even more Haruka service! The staff really likes her, huh? Her santa outfit this time around was the best so far. I would have liked to see Hibiki wear it too... will have to wait for fanarts. Sae in the bunny girl outfit was also good. Good job, Miya!
This scene with Sae i thought that finally one of the main girls would steal Haruka's role with the fanservice outside of their respective arc, but then Haruka comes... well... Sae atleast tried.
Old 2010-12-17, 10:55   Link #55
Shadow5YA

Great resolution to Tsukasa's arc. They managed to transition the bad ending in ep23 to the good ending in this ep without it being forced.

My only problem is that Tsukasa's family was forgotten. She never got around to explaining why she dislikes her sister or what happened to their parents, even though it's fairly obvious why.
Old 2010-12-17, 10:59   Link #56
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Haha well this was a fun last episode for the Tsukasa arc. Great play idea by Miya. Never though Shark vs Bunny Girl would be that entertaining . Of course Haruka once again blew the competition away with the santa outfit. Was Hibiki really ok with going out in that ?

Good job by Junichi for stepping up. He knew that it was important to take action. Can't have half of the person you like just vanish. It earned him a brutal counter attack, but got what he wanted. Also both made sure to mention their more real reasons for getting involved. The Santa thing alone might have been rough, but made sure to hint that something made it worse on Tsukasa.

If Umehara can go to a karaoke with numerous girls like that and still never get a girlfriend the world is just too sad. He really should have gone with that girl that wrote the letter since his luck since then has been in the drain. Wonder if she cursed him ?

So Haruka and Tsukasa get real jumps into the future for epilogues. Think this was a fitting one continuing the cycle with their kid going to see the tree.
Old 2010-12-17, 11:41   Link #57
karuroso

I almost forgot
Spoiler for some words from god regarding the ending:

Last edited by karuroso; 2010-12-17 at 12:46. Reason: minor edits
Old 2010-12-17, 13:56   Link #58
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Wait... Why'd she cut her hair?
Yeah she looks worse with short hair. Though I do think when she cut her bangs look much better when short but in general her long hair look was so much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandchaosSR View Post
She's only 5th based on a Japanese gamers' list.
There are a lot of these lists and a lot of these polls in Japan. In some she is 5th in some she is in top 3. It just depends on the poll really.
Old 2010-12-17, 16:24   Link #59
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Sea and Miya stole the episode for me. I want a Sea x Miya yuri spinoff, or Miya needs her own harem a.k.a. Chikaru

Old 2010-12-17, 16:58   Link #60
matteas
Member Member

This ending worked perfectly with me. Ayatsuji's arc, as I've been expecting, has surpassed Haruka's as my favorite. Ayatsuji's personality is very complex, yet they were able to portray her and all those transitions in her character very well. Moreover, Ayatsuji is an incredibly interesting character and I'd really like to see some more of her. That's why I've at least started reading Precious Diary manga.
Closed Thread