AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-18, 12:39   Link #61
ZetaAEUG

The thing about mikono's new gain in self-confidence is that I don't see what her arguing accomplished. She did what was requested anyway and he had good intentions for everyone from the start so that scene just started a 'conflict' over something that I personally felt it shouldn't have.

Maybe it's the combination of her disliking Fudo, the strain on her current relationships with the other characters as well as her romantic attraction to Kagura that will push her to leave with him.
Old 2012-04-18, 16:49   Link #62
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaAEUG View Post
The thing about mikono's new gain in self-confidence is that I don't see what her arguing accomplished. She did what was requested anyway and he had good intentions for everyone from the start so that scene just started a 'conflict' over something that I personally felt it shouldn't have.
She was angry and confused at herself and wanted answers for what she had done, even if Zen had everyone's best interest it's still frustrating whenever he's holding out on them.
Old 2012-04-24, 13:31   Link #63
satomianzaki

i liked mikono's characterization...she's sweet and gentle and kind...and caring and considerate to others...a real catch if you'll ask me...

i do hope she'll end up with someone who deserves her more...
and for me, i'd rather see her with amata than with kagura...

if kagura is apollo, then i hope mikono is not sylvie...
but if amata is apollo then mikono should be sylvie...
Old 2012-04-26, 15:07   Link #64
Zuul

To me, Mikono is not an entirely sweet girl. She's a femme fatale in the making. Just look how she has Amata groveling at her feet without making much of an effort...

Okada : Mikono is a bad woman who unknowingly manipulates men. --> femme fatale.

I'm happy because apart from Fujiko, the chicks in Cat's eyes or Cobra and Rue you don't see much of them in animes.
Old 2012-04-26, 16:24   Link #65
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Well, like I said before on this thread, I think that Mikono is a very well-rounded character.

It's probably fair to say that her "default setting" is friendly/nice, but she has a real edge to her where it doesn't take a lot to set her off. Unlike most tsunderes, though, what sets her off isn't always tied to insecurity over romantic feelings. For example, she sincerely doesn't like Fudou, and it's simply because of the way he runs things.

I like how she's not a wilting violet, but also not a tsundere played entirely straight.

As for being a Femme Fatale - I guess she has an element of that, though I think Mikono needs a bit more overt ego and pride before she can truly be a Femme Fatale.

My only problem with Mikono is that she's too reactive, and not proactive enough. We see this a lot in her relationship with Amata, where my impression is that she expects him to do most of the work in pushing their relationship further. As Zessica showed, the girl can confess to the guy, but I think that Mikono just doesn't want to play it that way.
Old 2012-04-26, 16:37   Link #66
kuromitsu

The femme fatale* does it consciously and on purpose, because she's aware of her power over men. That's why she's a femme fatale. She achieves her goals by charming (and if it doesn't work, forcing) men to do her bidding, using her sexuality and other feminine charms.

Mikono is not a femme fatale.

Also, Okada was most likely joking.

*how do you put that in plural in English, anyway? is it simply femmes fatales?

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-04-26 at 16:59. Reason: much better.
Old 2012-04-26, 16:55   Link #67
miketyson

You try to avoid having to pluralize it because it's awkward, but you do it as femme fatales actually (I'm sure it hurts to see that, but that's how it is).
Old 2012-04-26, 16:58   Link #68
kuromitsu

Oh, thanks! (But "femme fatales"? *twitch* )
Old 2012-04-27, 00:29   Link #69
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Mikono is cute, helplessly cute....innocent.... I love her...
Old 2012-04-27, 10:36   Link #70
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

I think it's safe to say we can interpret Mikono's character in various viewer insights, but we won't really actually know what she is like until she pretty much get's out of her slump behavior. The way I see it, if things weren't so negative around her and they didn't have all the drama and fighting and Kagura's interruptions then her and Amata's relationship would be totally different (but then it wouldn't be Aqaurion Evol)...it would be just another romance anime where boy falls in love with girl and vice versa. Mikono is not a Femme Fatale because she is not forcing or making Amata do these things like falling in love and protecting her. She never asked him too and Amata even stated that he would protect her.

I don't know how people can hate her or dislike her or say negative things about her...just because she blushes, stares, get's jealous, stutters and has yet to have a deep and meaningful conversation with Amata. But if you grew up with her personality and behavior wouldn't you do the same things? He's probably the first guy she's really liked and shares some common things with. I have yet to read anyone say "Oh Zessica is a bad character because she got in between Amata and Mikono during the field trip in Neo-Kowloon" or "She's such an attention seeker, flaunting herself all over Amata in front of a fellow co-pilot and friend (assuming they are) or "she's such a gloomy character getting depressed and altering the light post". I'm pretty sure Zessica has done things possibly more (can not recall all atm) that would probably place her on par with Mikono. But once Mikono hits gloomsville "Oh no that is just not on" "that behavior is just not acceptable"...and I'm like (baffled) "Uh hello, what she is expressing right now is not that different to what Zessica is doing".

For the record I like both Zessica and Mikono and wish both girls happiness in the end (you better give me that happy ending Kawamori!!!!) <_<
Old 2012-04-27, 11:52   Link #71
mayumi

people have preferences. i like zessica more than mikono. why? because mikono is just not my type of character. i don't like the cutesy female that guys want to protect.
its not just in this anime. its in every anime. i don't attach my self to mikono type of characters. never have probably never will.

its nothing against mikono, she is just not my type.
Old 2012-04-28, 04:24   Link #72
satomianzaki

yup, its just a matter of personal preference...
though i have varying likes for female characters from different animes, i have quite taken a liking of mikono...

mostly, i always go for strong female characters...so it should be zessica...cause mikono's not even as physically strong as her with that powers and all...but what makes me kinda not fully like her is because of her revealing outfit...i know she's now fully suit up, but it makes me think she's just trying too hard to be mikono...no offense, since many people like her as she is...

so if in the end, she'll succeed in getting amata to like her, then i think that's really good for her...but it's still mikono and amata for me...really hope so...

oh and mikono's design is really beautiful...
Old 2012-04-30, 00:09   Link #73
Dr. Casey

I haven't watched Aquarion so I can't contribute much to this discussion, but she's pretty cute in the opening post's picture.
Old 2012-05-27, 13:43   Link #74
satomianzaki

i hope its still mikono and amata in the end...

i know there's not much episodes devoted to the development and realization of their true feelings for each other, but the attraction is already there...and it could be that feeling is mutual for both of them...

i hope they will not be confused by zessica and kagura...oh i really hope so...

but i can only hope...

anyways, to stay on topic about mikono, she really is pretty...
hope to see her more with her hair down...
Old 2012-05-27, 14:14   Link #75
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by satomianzaki View Post
but i can only hope...
You will love episode 22.
Old 2012-05-28, 00:05   Link #76
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
You will love episode 22.
That's just cruel... If that episode doesn't make Mikono Fans start doubting why they're Mikono Fans than nothing will.
Old 2012-05-28, 03:55   Link #77
kuromitsu

Well damn I'm a lost case then, because I still like her. (Not a fan, per se, but I like her so yeah.)
Old 2012-05-28, 03:58   Link #78
Ypocaramel

I wasn't quite as mad about her as I was in say, episode 4, but hey she's a still a cutie. Would like the whole don't shoot him thing explained more convincingly than "uhhh... play nice guys!"
Old 2012-05-31, 02:35   Link #79
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
That's just cruel... If that episode doesn't make Mikono Fans start doubting why they're Mikono Fans than nothing will.
I don't think so.

In episode 22, the ones who come off as highly annoying are Amata and Kagura. Their fight over Mikono was obnoxious, they didn't listen to her, and they eventually brought doom on Vega by awakening the Aquarion. Extra point for Amata's cruel line.

And also Fudou. Who does nothing to prevent :
1) the Aquarion from awakening
2) the Aquarion from being stolen

Mikono didn't come off a despicable in any way. However she's starting to look more like a plot device than a real character, and that sucks.
Now I would like her to at least try to shove some sense in Kagura's thick skull at least since it appeasr she lets herself be taken willfully.
Old 2012-05-31, 05:18   Link #80
Destined_Fate

No, Mikono came off as useless. There was no point in her journey at all, she has shown no growth from it and as soon as Kagura showed up she decided to be a trophy to be won again. When Kagura snagged her she didn't even struggle or try to explain anything. So yes, she came off as worse than she has been in a long time because at least in the past she tried to do something while when things heated up this time she did absolutely nothing other than trying her hardest to be even more useless.

Fudu is just a troll, sad that even though he does nothing everything will go as he planned. If Shrade dies it's because of Fudo's inaction which I'm sure no one will blame him for it sadly.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters