AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2013-02-22, 12:45   Link #10641
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

the one wizard saint looks like arcadios in his armor with that big poof. Maybe he is the mastermind behind everything after all.

Ogra getting one shot was not expected. I thought for sure it was going to be laxus eating lightning going all god/dragon mode on jura. Honestly I'm rooting for Jura. Hope he stomps Laxus though how unlikely that is.

Sting is still just chilling out it seems. I wonder what their special plan is. Maybe my crazy theory of sting going all hyper mode and overusing his DS powers to turn into a dragon will come true.

I'm trying to think of how the points will work. I think winning in an epic fashion would be all the teams really close

ft-9 points left with 51 score
ls- 7 points left with 50 score
st- 6 points left with 55 score
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 12:47   Link #10642
bigdeal000
malefic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
And if Laxus loses?

And are you saying every story in existence is predictable because the hero wins?
Looks like you're on some sort of personal mission to defend this manga no matter what. Well, if it really makes your life better...I for one will not complain about predictability but about how a manga that once excited me now bores the heck out of me. A few chapters ago, Kagura was stabbed and the only thing I noticed is how cool her boobs look...it even fails to make me hate Minerva, one of the most hated characters in this manga.

About this chapter...well...Erza's execution? Minerva has no idea what she's got herself into. She was "executed" in the past as well. Erza is just gonna hulk up from the cheers the rest of the guild will soon start, and then she'll win the fight with a legdrop
bigdeal000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 13:22   Link #10643
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
Looks like you're on some sort of personal mission to defend this manga no matter what.
He's not defending the series no matter what. He's trying to stem some of this ridiculous complaining about the series being predicable.

People keep complaining it's predictable, then ignoring when their predictions are wrong (Laxus defeating Orga), or moving the goal post when it looks like they might be wrong ("Fairy Tail's definitely going to win" becomes "Fairy tail's definitely going to win or tie"). He's trying to point out and put an end to some of this.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 13:37   Link #10644
mtgowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Bell View Post
the one wizard saint looks like arcadios in his armor with that big poof. Maybe he is the mastermind behind everything after all.
Good point. Although keep in mind that he was almost killed by one of the executioners. Even if he knew he was protected by his amulet or whatever, he doesn't seem to be very strong - at least not without his white armor.

E: Comparing the shadow with Arcadios' armored figure, you could be right. The "poof" and helmet definitively match, but the shadow looks a lot slimmer and the collar doesn't really match. So I'd say there's a good chance that he's one of the Saints but I wouldn't put all my marbles on it. Some of them, though.
mtgowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 13:43   Link #10645
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
Looks like you're on some sort of personal mission to defend this manga no matter what. Well, if it really makes your life better...I for one will not complain about predictability but about how a manga that once excited me now bores the heck out of me.
It's not so much defense, as it is amusement at shifting goalposts. Several chapters ago, it was: Laxus/Orga is stupid and predictable, because Laxus was gonna win. We saw how that went, so perhaps I'm a little confused on the predictability thing. Especially since all the predictions have been "good guy defeats bad guy." Um... no duh?

So far, there have been no accurate plot predictions, outside of fights. Wake me when someone has a real prediction.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 13:45   Link #10646
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

^ I vote for 'People's Elbow' but that's just me... 'Titania Drop' - hey, that actually has a bit of a ring to it. :3

I do predict Ezra wining and Laxus losing though, short of the world's greatest and most sudden lightning storm ever to hit the capital.
Old 2013-02-22, 16:36   Link #10647
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Sabertooth became #1 in these past 7 years because thus far only the following people have been shown to be (or are likely to be) equal to or greater than some or all of their top members:

Natsu
Erza
Gray
Gajeel
Laxus
Jura
Kagura
Ichiya
Mirajane
Gildarts
Leon
Juvia
Chelia

Here's the list of them that have, or likely have participated in the games for the past 7 years:

Kagura
Chelia
Ichiya

In short, the competition's gotten much stiffer this year. As things stand, remove Jura and Fairy Tail from the equation, and Sabertooth likely takes it with ease.
It makes you wonder why other guilds even exist if they have no strong fighters especially since even Saber Tooth was shown to be nothing special

Quote:
And if Laxus loses?

And are you saying every story in existence is predictable because the hero wins?

Edit: And is Laxus winng/tieing the only thing you can predict?
Aren't you fed up with trying to correct every post out there?
You seem far more of a troll since you constantly keep picking on people whose opinions are different.

We aren't quoting every single person out there that thinks differently and picking on them, are we? So let us be. Nothing offensive was even said by us, your first post was offensive one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
He's not defending the series no matter what. He's trying to stem some of this ridiculous complaining about the series being predicable.

People keep complaining it's predictable, then ignoring when their predictions are wrong (Laxus defeating Orga), or moving the goal post when it looks like they might be wrong ("Fairy Tail's definitely going to win" becomes "Fairy tail's definitely going to win or tie"). He's trying to point out and put an end to some of this.
If Laxus kicks Jura's butt, it won't be that far off since main point of those predictions was the fact that Laxus will be a winner no matter what.

At least that's what I've been betting on myself.

If Laxus loses, good for me. I finally will be wrong and things will be less 2 dimensional.
Old 2013-02-22, 16:41   Link #10648
KaguraSenju
Quiet.

Minerva's loss is going to come through with Erza's plot weapon! UNLIMITED BENIZAKURA WORKS!

I don't really mind though.
KaguraSenju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 16:44   Link #10649
kitten320

Well Minerva deserves it so I don't mind Erza dominating her this time around.

It better be flashy and painful
Old 2013-02-22, 16:58   Link #10650
KaguraSenju
Quiet.

Mmm...dominating....Wait...what? Bah!

Erza aside, I'd rather see Laxus vs Jura end in a draw than Laxus win. But with the whole "unexpected outcome" thing, I wouldn't really be surprised if he won. Still wondering what Sting is going to do.
Old 2013-02-22, 17:26   Link #10651
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
It makes you wonder why other guilds even exist if they have no strong fighters especially since even Saber Tooth was shown to be nothing special
Many other guilds have strong fighters. Ichiya and his three from LS, Phantom had Gadjeel and element four, and even QP has Bacchus. ST just managed to get a few more powerful ones.

Quote:
Aren't you fed up with trying to correct every post out there?
You seem far more of a troll since you constantly keep picking on people whose opinions are different.
I was just curiously asking a few questions. If you want to talk about trolling, though, you tend to pop up often and proclaim how much FT sucks, on a board populated by people who still like the series. So, you might want to exercise some caution whenusing the term.
Quote:
If Laxus kicks Jura's butt, it won't be that far off since main point of those predictions was the fact that Laxus will be a winner no matter what.

At least that's what I've been betting on myself.

If Laxus loses, good for me. I finally will be wrong and things will be less 2 dimensional.
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but... you are essentially saying you don't know what will happen, right?
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 17:31   Link #10652
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The level of cheesiness is getting a little out of control.
Old 2013-02-22, 19:57   Link #10653
kitten320

Quote:
Many other guilds have strong fighters. Ichiya and his three from LS, Phantom had Gadjeel and element four, and even QP has Bacchus. ST just managed to get a few more powerful ones.
In all honesty Ichiya and his group never really impressed me nor was their performance that great in the tournament. Ichiya happened to be cool only once.

Phantom Guild stopped existing ages ago so your point is irrelevant.

Ok Bacchus was a cool one.

But considering that there were hundreds of guild taking part, it is nothing.

Quote:
I was just curiously asking a few questions. If you want to talk about trolling, though, you tend to pop up often and proclaim how much FT sucks, on a board populated by people who still like the series. So, you might want to exercise some caution whenusing the term.
You weren't just asking, your post screamed with rudeness.

Hmmm... if I am to compare my posts to your first one, I'm very innocent. Nor have I said anything bad yet.

Quote:
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but... you are essentially saying you don't know what will happen, right?
Duno where exactly you read it in my post, I'm just saying that Laxus will remain the winner or as some guess a draw.

Not a loser.
Old 2013-02-22, 22:24   Link #10654
chidorimen

If Laxus becomes the lightning-earth dragon slayer....
chidorimen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 01:10   Link #10655
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Umm, I thought dragon slayers could only absorb other dragon slayer elements. Where the heck is people getting the idea that Laxus will become the lightning earth dragon slayer? First of all, Jura isn't the earth dragon slayer, he BENDS the earth to his will, much like Juvia can bend water. He doesn't become earth. I don't know if people are either over-hyping Laxus, underwhelming Jura, or both-v-. Laxus doesn't need the extra hype. He's pretty badass on his own merit.
Old 2013-02-23, 02:09   Link #10656
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Umm, I thought dragon slayers could only absorb other dragon slayer elements. Where the heck is people getting the idea that Laxus will become the lightning earth dragon slayer? First of all, Jura isn't the earth dragon slayer, he BENDS the earth to his will, much like Juvia can bend water. He doesn't become earth. I don't know if people are either over-hyping Laxus, underwhelming Jura, or both-v-. Laxus doesn't need the extra hype. He's pretty badass on his own merit.
Natsu ate Etherion and that's not Dragon Slayer Magic. He ate another thing from the Nirvana arc, I forgot what it was though. Additonally, God flame ain't no Dragon Slayer Magic either. The only time Natsu ate another Dragon Slayer magic was when Laxus infused Natsu his Lightning Dragon Slayer Magic. I don't think it's just Dragon Slayer magic they can eat, but I'm not so sure either since we originally thought it was impossible to eat something else other than their original element

anyway, I doubt Laxus is capable of doing it. Remember, he's not a natural Dragon Slayer. It's the Lachryma Dragon Slayer thing which was artificially created... remember Cobra?
Plus, your point about Jura manipulating earth is another thing I guess?

and since we're on this topic. Natsu ate Lightning from Laxus and Gajeel ate Shadow from Rogue, it makes me wonder if Wendy will do something similar. She seriously needs a power-up, She can't be a healer forever

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 05:52   Link #10657
Eragon
Still Alive

I think no one will be disappointed if Jura curb-stomps Laxus. Actually, it would be a pretty good loss after all the fights that FT has won.

I hope Erza just snaps and goes all Joker level torture on Minerva. "Why so smug? Let's get that smile off your face.."
Old 2013-02-23, 11:49   Link #10658
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
I think no one will be disappointed if Jura curb-stomps Laxus. Actually, it would be a pretty good loss after all the fights that FT has won.

I hope Erza just snaps and goes all Joker level torture on Minerva. "Why so smug? Let's get that smile off your face.."
It actually would be the best scenario considering that unlike Kagura, Jura actually has strong basis and not just his team mates rumors to support his strength.
Old 2013-02-23, 11:51   Link #10659
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

If Laxus did beat Jura though, I wonder if that would make him part of the 10 wizard saints instantly

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 12:06   Link #10660
Eragon
Still Alive

^ I can't see Jura being defeated by anyone lower than a guild master and, even then, very few among them. I would be pretty disappointed if he lost to Laxus.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen