AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-25, 15:43   Link #41
Chibikiwi

^ me too I always wondered when they would reveal more about them
I wonder if they were among those who were deported by Dorssia?
Old 2013-09-25, 15:52   Link #42
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

"Haruto, I'm your father/mother", I so can't wait for that line being said to him.
Old 2013-09-25, 17:49   Link #43
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
So when do you think we'll find out more about Haruto's parents?

Kibukawa has said that Dr. Tokishima had a part in creating the Valvraves. How do you guys think this revelation will affect Haruto?
He'll be shocked no doubt, but would probably reinforce his mistaken belief to bear the valvrave curse himself.
Old 2013-09-25, 18:19   Link #44
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
He'll be shocked no doubt, but would probably reinforce his mistaken belief to bear the valvrave curse himself.
Sins of the father passed onto the son.
Old 2013-09-25, 21:36   Link #45
Kurohane

That's what it would sum up to, though depends on the timing as well.
Old 2013-09-26, 16:41   Link #46
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
That's what it would sum up to, though depends on the timing as well.
I'm really interested to see how he responds. It could lead to interesting character development and possibly dig into the relationship between him and his father.
Old 2013-09-26, 16:51   Link #47
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbjru5CQIW4

I don't mean to spam, but I think Haruto's parents' revelation will play out something like that.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-09-26, 16:54   Link #48
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Funny part is that I can see that happening. I could also see it playing out the same way it played out with Shu.
Old 2013-09-28, 13:47   Link #49
Kurohane

Just throwing this out there. What are the chances of current Haruto meeting future Saki?
Old 2013-09-28, 14:15   Link #50
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

It's plausible. I can see something kinda like what happened in Eureka Seven AO.

It's Valvrave, expect the unexpected.
Old 2013-10-25, 02:27   Link #51
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

One thing I would like to see from Haruto is more leadership on the battlefield. I kinda want to see him take charge when shit goes wrong and lead through action.
Old 2013-10-25, 13:35   Link #52
Irenesharda

Quote:
One thing I would like to see from Haruto is more leadership on the battlefield. I kinda want to see him take charge when shit goes wrong and lead through action.
The guy really does need to step it up. Forget L-elf, you're making yourself look bad. I mean, you really left your teammates hanging in the middle of a battle because you didn't know how to say, "let's talk about this later?"
Was it really that important to talk to her now, especially as your entire team is putting their lives (or at least their freedom) on the line? And really, you can partially blame yourself for Marie getting shot. If you had been at your post like you were supposed to, L-elf wouldn't have had to come and get you and then he wouldn't have shot Marie.......at least till later.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-25, 13:37   Link #53
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
The guy really does need to step it up. Forget L-elf, you're making yourself look bad. I mean, you really left your teammates hanging in the middle of a battle because you didn't know how to say, "let's talk about this later?"
Was it really that important to talk to her now, especially as your entire team is putting their lives (or at least their freedom) on the line? And really, you can partially blame yourself for Marie getting shot. If you had been at your post like you were supposed to, L-elf wouldn't have had to come and get you and then he wouldn't have shot Marie.......at least till later.
But it Haurto had used his brain like he was suppose to then we wouldn't have found out about the sweet revelation so soon.
Old 2013-10-25, 14:23   Link #54
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Being associated with Haruto is suffering

But he definitely does need to put on his MC pants and step it up. Dude is dependent on L-Elf but the time will come when he has to start making decisions. Hopefully... Don't let me down Okouchi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
But it Haurto had used his brain like he was suppose to then we wouldn't have found out about the sweet revelation so soon.
He did it plot for plot development lol. It took a few episodes, but it looks like the Ravetrain is back!

But he really does look inept at times. I don't know if it's intentional or not, but he really does need to step it up. They can make his character interesting. I just hope they don't let his potential go to waste.
Old 2013-10-25, 14:37   Link #55
~BC~

I believe what happened with Haruto this episode is called getting distracted. It happens. As for him thinking up military plans on his own don't expect too much on this front. Okouchi basically said that L-Elf's existence was meant to cover this area. Haruto is technically the heart and conscience of this duo.
Old 2013-10-25, 14:44   Link #56
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
I believe what happened with Haruto this episode is called getting distracted. It happens. As for him thinking up military plans on his own don't expect too much on this front. Okouchi basically said that L-Elf's existence was meant to cover this area. Haruto is technically the heart and conscience of this duo.
Yes, distractions happen, but like Irenesharda said, he could have asked Marie to hold on to her questions until the battle was over.

I don't mean in terms of thinking up strategies. I mean in terms of when he's on the battlefield sometimes you gotta improvise.

As for him being the heart and conscience of the duo, I would like to see him be the heart of the team. The pilots at least. I'm not expecting Commander Shepard, but I would like to see him at least show leadership in that regard.
Old 2013-10-25, 15:09   Link #57
~BC~

Quote:
Yes, distractions happen, but like Irenesharda said, he could have asked Marie to hold on to her questions until the battle was over.
That's what we can say as objective observers but if I put myself in his shoes it's hardly surprising that he'd try to get at least one question answered.

To be perfectly honest I'm surprised L-Elf didn't do something about Marie before this. Either warn Haruto ahead of time and keep him focused on his priorities or try to kill Marie out of sight of the others. He seems to have a bad habit of not telling people what they need to know until stuff happens.
Old 2013-10-25, 15:19   Link #58
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
That's what we can say as objective observers but if I put myself in his shoes it's hardly surprising that he'd try to get at least one question answered.

To be perfectly honest I'm surprised L-Elf didn't do something about Marie before this. Either warn Haruto ahead of time and keep him focused on his priorities or try to kill Marie out of sight of the others. He seems to have a bad habit of not telling people what they need to know until stuff happens.
True. I would try to answer one question just to show she could have faith.

He keeps everyone on a need to know basis. Probably how he was trained to be. It's a bad habit, it's up there with Cain saying his thoughts out loud.
Old 2013-10-25, 15:33   Link #59
Kurohane

Quote:
I agree with this so much. I understand for plot convenience this had to happen to get Marie shot and then healed, but the guy has to get his priorities straight. Haruto is in the middle of a mission, where everyone could die if it fails. He knows for a fact he's vital for the operation and as a whole too as he stops himself from dying because he considers himself so important. However, when one friend shows to have a connection to what he's looking for, he takes time away from being where he should be to ask her questions, which she doesn't even know. He even knows that she doesn't, because in the very same episode, she told him she has no memories; that's why she's here.
Old 2013-10-25, 15:49   Link #60
~BC~

It was her talking to Pino that got his interest. He was probably trying to see if she learned something new since he and L-elf had no luck in that area.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters