AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-22, 15:32   Link #3941
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
In ViVid, Fate reacts to Vivio's Adult Mode as if she encountered her in Sankt Kaiser attire before. But she didn't, did she?
No, she didn't. If anything, she'd examined the footage of the battle between her and Nanoha to understand it's full power. Her little breakdown was likely worry about possible loss of physical control that Vivio experienced with it.
Old 2012-02-26, 18:00   Link #3942
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Or the transformation sequence, which is still debatable if its visible to each other.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2012-03-01, 08:02   Link #3943
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Has there been any new insight on the nature of Knights Armor? The shape, the materials(since they can't be just garments, even enchanted ones), it's pro's and con's and why nobody uses it anymore...
Old 2012-03-01, 11:57   Link #3944
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Has there been any new insight on the nature of Knights Armor? The shape, the materials(since they can't be just garments, even enchanted ones), it's pro's and con's and why nobody uses it anymore...
It's mentioned that Knight Clothing allows for total freedom in mobility and makes the user slightly faster at the cost of a reduction in defense. Knight armor will go nice with a "Mighty Glacier" type wich probably explains the armor plates in Victoria's outfit in ViVid.

If anything, Vita should use one, she isn't a fast warrior like Signum and is very prone to being hit by attacks so the extra protection would benefit her fightstyle.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-03-01, 12:48   Link #3945
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

We've only seen actual Knight's Armor in Vita's flashback in ViVid, IIRC. They didn't elaborate on it.
Old 2012-03-01, 13:59   Link #3946
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
I doubt the armor is made of actual physical materials. Most likely, it's solidified mana much like modern Barrier Jackets, but trading elasticity for even more durability.
Old 2012-03-01, 18:08   Link #3947
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
It's mentioned that Knight Clothing allows for total freedom in mobility and makes the user slightly faster at the cost of a reduction in defense.
Speaking of Knight Clothing, I always wondered how stripping using less garb allows faster movement. I mean, they're just cloth, right? The weight difference can't be that drastic.
Old 2012-03-01, 18:12   Link #3948
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Speaking of Knight Clothing, I always wondered how stripping using less garb allows faster movement. I mean, they're just cloth, right? The weight difference can't be that drastic.
I guess Barrier Jackets are made out of mana... and if one runs out of mana without any clothes.... one'll be stark naked XD

I'll refer to Material Days for that one XD.
Old 2012-03-01, 18:16   Link #3949
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
If you're talking about Fate's Sonic Form it probably has to do more with how the energy is spent than how the clothes look.

Less clothes = Less Barriers = More Free mana for speed boost xD!

Or, alternatively, the cape and the knight-like robes get into Fate's way and thus getting rid of those make Fate faster and more agile.

The theory behind the Wolkenritter's knight clothing is that those are clothes designed to give them free mobility which could be reduced with the use of proper armor. There's also the fact that Hayate never intended to make clothes for actual combat as she forbbiden her knight from get into fights.

Which raises the question of why Hayate never improved their clothes once it becomes clear that they will fight numerous battles in the future xDU.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-03-01, 18:19   Link #3950
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Run outside with a winter coat, boots, gloves and a thick hat on your head on...

Then run outside with shorts, t-shirt and tennis shoes (if there's no snow where you live)

You'll see a big difference in your speed right there.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2012-03-01, 18:55   Link #3951
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Run outside with a winter coat, boots, gloves and a thick hat on your head on...

Then run outside with shorts, t-shirt and tennis shoes (if there's no snow where you live)

You'll see a big difference in your speed right there.
Fate never discarded her boots and gauntlet (the ones with noticeable weight), just some garments. So using your example the only difference is between running with winter coat and running with shorts and t-shirts.

And Fate can fly. Running will be slower when using bulkier pants, but leg movements doesn't matter much up there. I can understand if they claim that losing some garments makes her barrier-jacket less restrictive, allowing for more flexible body movements, but they explicitly stated "speed", which is a different thing.

Quote:
If you're talking about Fate's Sonic Form it probably has to do more with how the energy is spent than how the clothes look.

Less clothes = Less Barriers = More Free mana for speed boost xD!
But can't they just control their mana allocation? "Oh hey, I need more speed. Guess I'll reduce the amount of power I use on Protection and divert it for Flight instead."

Unless barrier-jackets have a minimum amount of mana they continuously leech to power their own barriers.

Quote:
Which raises the question of why Hayate never improved their clothes once it becomes clear that they will fight numerous battles in the future xDU.
Good question.
Old 2012-03-01, 20:18   Link #3952
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Actually, it would seem that less clothing doesn't always equal faster speed. Caro's barrier jacket is also optimized for speed, like Erio and Fate's, but you wouldn't think it, given how much coverage it has.
Old 2012-03-01, 20:48   Link #3953
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Or like in Material Days, Barrier Jackets are made out of mana, so there's no weight... (and using mana for defense to toughen the barrier jacket = less mana used for speed XD).
Old 2012-03-01, 21:47   Link #3954
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
and they use barriers for air dynamics, I'm sure

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2012-03-01, 21:47   Link #3955
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
But can't they just control their mana allocation? "Oh hey, I need more speed. Guess I'll reduce the amount of power I use on Protection and divert it for Flight instead."

Unless barrier-jackets have a minimum amount of mana they continuously leech to power their own barriers.
Maybe each layer of defence requires its own mana consumption. So you take away from that and feed it to speed?

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
Old 2012-03-01, 21:48   Link #3956
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Actually, it would seem that less clothing doesn't always equal faster speed. Caro's barrier jacket is also optimized for speed, like Erio and Fate's, but you wouldn't think it, given how much coverage it has.
Wait, Caro's geared for speed too? Huh, I never knew. And that's right, Erio's a speedster too.

So...uh, why did Fate design Sonic Form that way, again? And please don't answer "fanservice, duh!" or the likes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Or like in Material Days, Barrier Jackets are made out of mana, so there's no weight... (and using mana for defense to toughen the barrier jacket = less mana used for speed XD).
If that's the case, anti-magic and dispels should've been Nudifiers
Old 2012-03-01, 22:37   Link #3957
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

^ but they were wearing clothes so not really XD

Touma touched Vita with right hand.
Vita: Hah! Nothing ha- *strip* -ppened!
Touma: ......
Vita: .......
Touma: .....
Vita: DIE! Divine Punishment!
.... wait... nothing will happen like this if they were wearing clothes underneath.
Old 2012-03-01, 22:43   Link #3958
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
If that's the case, anti-magic and dispels should've been Nudifiers
About that, in the Nanohaverse normal clothes usually are hidden "somewhere" when a barrier jacket is casted and usually re-appear when the Barrier Jacket is de-activated.

If the Barrier Jacket is "dispelled" is logic to assume their normal clothes will re-appear again, if not, what will happen with those? Where their physical mass will go xD?

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-03-01, 22:59   Link #3959
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
If the Barrier Jacket is "dispelled" is logic to assume their normal clothes will re-appear again, if not, what will happen with those? Where their physical mass will go xD?
For that, recall the first episode of A's when Vita almost killed Nanoha...
Old 2012-03-01, 23:01   Link #3960
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
About that, in the Nanohaverse normal clothes usually are hidden "somewhere" when a barrier jacket is casted and usually re-appear when the Barrier Jacket is de-activated.

Clothing hyperspace (hidden in the depths of space).