AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2019-11-15, 14:47   Link #3801
Sparteh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
More or less I would say, if one looks at the afterword of Vol.4. On the other hand, just take the covers for example. Why would a series which is destined to end as a harem (even partially confirmed) only feature one character on its covers, especially when you have a lot of beautiful designs which you could use.
Not only that. Even if we exclude harems and focus on single heroine novels, I can't think of any other novel which had even half of this many novels and stuck with one character. In fact, it is basically an unspoken rule that volume covers feature new or existing characters that are the main focus of that volume. There are exceptions of course, but they still feature someone besides the same heroine.
Sparteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-16, 10:00   Link #3802
Collbrande-Ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
More or less I would say, if one looks at the afterword of Vol.4. On the other hand, just take the covers for example. Why would a series which is destined to end as a harem (even partially confirmed) only feature one character on its covers, especially when you have a lot of beautiful designs which you could use.
That in my opinion are better than Himeragi Yukina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparteh View Post
Not only that. Even if we exclude harems and focus on single heroine novels, I can't think of any other novel which had even half of this many novels and stuck with one character. In fact, it is basically an unspoken rule that volume covers feature new or existing characters that are the main focus of that volume. There are exceptions of course, but they still feature someone besides the same heroine.
Good point.

The editor's obsession with Yukina has been detrimental to her, In the start I actually liked her as a character and thought she had great potential. Fast-forward to the Labyrinth of the Blue Witch and I can barely stand her, I regularly skip segments just because she is present.

While I just pray that another heroine receives 5 minutes of screen time.

That is not to say I hate the series I actually think it is a really good series but Yukina
Collbrande-Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-16, 11:21   Link #3803
Sparteh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collbrande-Ex View Post
That in my opinion are better than Himeragi Yukina.

Good point.

The editor's obsession with Yukina has been detrimental to her, In the start I actually liked her as a character and thought she had great potential. Fast-forward to the Labyrinth of the Blue Witch and I can barely stand her, I regularly skip segments just because she is present.

While I just pray that another heroine receives 5 minutes of screen time.

That is not to say I hate the series I actually think it is a really good series but Yukina
Same for me. At the beginning, I didn't hate her. I didn't like her and found her a bit annoying, but I still could deal with it. According to my preferences, I found La Folia or that loli teacher to be the most entertaining female characters, but that was fine. It is perfectly normal in such series to have characters you like and those you don't. But this forceful pushing is just increasing my dislike.
Old 2019-11-16, 19:12   Link #3804
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

While I don't mind Yukina, I do tend to favor Sayaka more and have. Been purchasing the novels that feature her in them. I wish the creator wasn't obsessed with Yukina though.
Old 2019-11-16, 19:15   Link #3805
yuyuki

Have U guys seen the observer duo cover
yuyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-16, 20:38   Link #3806
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Angel View Post
I wish the creator wasn't obsessed with Yukina though.
Not Mikumos fault, just the people involved with the series :/.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-17, 08:42   Link #3807
Abysmalheart

Yukina is the symbol for cringe in anime and LN made manifest(IMO) ,and I find her worse than ichika from IS. Where one character is bad writing with health(mentally and emotionally) problems the other is like an advertisement you can't get away from to enjoy the show, constantly in your face.
Abysmalheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-22, 15:07   Link #3808
Collbrande-Ex

Decided to watch the StB 3 OVA, it was painful I was skipping scenes constantly.

How on earth did they find a way to stuff Himeragi into multiple arcs that focus on other characters is beyond me. Then just to make sure Kojou always remains behind Himeragi in the power meter suddenly when he finally starts testing his powers showing progress suddenly it all vanishes and he is back to spanning familiars again. On the note of familiars why on earth did Hektos give Himeragi the familiar instead of Kojou he was right there.

Add in that asspull for a power-up and how they miraculously suddenly found a way to stop it and yet she can still use the power defies logic.

Quote:
Same for me. At the beginning, I didn't hate her. I didn't like her and found her a bit annoying, but I still could deal with it. According to my preferences, I found La Folia or that loli teacher to be the most entertaining female characters, but that was fine. It is perfectly normal in such series to have characters you like and those you don't. But this forceful pushing is just increasing my dislike.
La Folia is my favourite, she was a breath of fresh air after Himeragi and Sayaka two tsundere in a row is a bit extreme. La Folia's trust in Kojou regardless of the situation, no violent outbursts and letting Kojou fight his own battles. She should have been the female MC.

Another character I would have loved as the female MC would be Kirihara Kisaki, I love how she never stops finding ways to tease Kojou.

Natsuki is just awesome when I saw loli teacher, I was worried but after her introduction she was an instant favourite for me she just doesn't stop being this mysterious character, even now at the end of StB 3 there is still a ton of stuff I want to know about her.

I just have to ask is Himeragi Yukina really popular in Japan?

I just hope maybe Mikumo will decide to start challenging his editor because right now I can honestly see no way for him to give validity to how Kojou is in the future acknowledged to be the 4th primogenitor by the citizens of Itogami and not only the leaders of the world.
Old 2019-11-23, 01:53   Link #3809
Abysmalheart

Quote:
Decided to watch the StB 3 OVA, it was painful I was skipping scenes constantly.

How on earth did they find a way to stuff Himeragi into multiple arcs that focus on other characters is beyond me. Then just to make sure Kojou always remains behind Himeragi in the power meter suddenly when he finally starts testing his powers showing progress suddenly it all vanishes and he is back to spanning familiars again. On the note of familiars why on earth did Hektos give Himeragi the familiar instead of Kojou he was right there.

Add in that asspull for a power-up and how they miraculously suddenly found a way to stop it and yet she can still use the power defies logic.

La Folia is my favourite, she was a breath of fresh air after Himeragi and Sayaka two tsundere in a row is a bit extreme. La Folia's trust in Kojou regardless of the situation, no violent outbursts and letting Kojou fight his own battles. She should have been the female MC.

Another character I would have loved as the female MC would be Kirihara Kisaki, I love how she never stops finding ways to tease Kojou.

Natsuki is just awesome when I saw loli teacher, I was worried but after her introduction she was an instant favourite for me she just doesn't stop being this mysterious character, even now at the end of StB 3 there is still a ton of stuff I want to know about her.

I just have to ask is Himeragi Yukina really popular in Japan?

I just hope maybe Mikumo will decide to start challenging his editor because right now I can honestly see no way for him to give validity to how Kojou is in the future acknowledged to be the 4th primogenitor by the citizens of Itogami and not only the leaders of the world.
If that ever happens I might think the author is competent enough to listen to the readers, but that is a rare case at the pace he's going.
Abysmalheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-11, 01:14   Link #3810
yuyuki

Omg omg. I love you kii, he pushed kojou into a situation where he has no choice but blood bond his harem to take control of kii's kenjuu that he himself implanted into kojou, yukina made the decision to find 12 people to blood bond to take control of the kenjuu kii implanted in kojou. Thank you kii and yukina for pushing kojou to the harem route
Old 2019-12-11, 09:21   Link #3811
Collbrande-Ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuyuki View Post
Omg omg. I love you kii, he pushed kojou into a situation where he has no choice but blood bond his harem to take control of kii's kenjuu that he himself implanted into kojou, yukina made the decision to find 12 people to blood bond to take control of the kenjuu kii implanted in kojou. Thank you kii and yukina for pushing kojou to the harem route
Um is Kii the the prototype of 4th Primogenitor that was mentioned somewhere?

What kind of familiars does Kii have or are they exactly the same as Kojou's original 12 familiars?

I am also happy about the harem route but well, why on earth does Himeragi choose his blood servants, shouldn't he be the one choosing them?

Oh well I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that in the end it is always about Himeragi never about Kojou even though I thought he was meant to be the MC of the series.
Old 2019-12-11, 09:38   Link #3812
XFire
150% done

Goddamn

There's being passive

There's being pussy whipped

And then there's having your harem chosen by your stalker underclassman

I don't even feel sorry for Kojou at this point, he deserves this
Old 2019-12-11, 10:39   Link #3813
Sparteh

Quote:
12? It should be safe to assume that most of them if not all should be girls, right? I haven't read this novel for years, but do we even have 12 possible characters? If yes, who are the most likely?
Old 2019-12-11, 15:04   Link #3814
Tyrant Ruler

Quote:
12? It should be safe to assume that most of them if not all should be girls, right? I haven't read this novel for years, but do we even have 12 possible characters? If yes, who are the most likely?
Aside from Yukina theirs avrora who if im correct is back ,asagi, la folia , kanon , sayaka , theirs that witch Yuuma, yume, theirs also that other shaman who seems to like kojou nane yuiri and Glendal who also looks close to him, I've heard that theirs 2 other girls named kasugaya and yuno who apperently has a thing for kojou as well which makes a total of 12. Aside from that other girls like kiriha( the teaser type of girl), celeste (although it was said she has a thing for vatler which he won't return lol), shio and asarte are also their if the author wants they can be pick that's all the girls that knows kojou that I'm aware of . Theirs more than 12 girls some which a clear others are up in the air .
Tyrant Ruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-11, 23:42   Link #3815
yuyuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant Ruler View Post
Aside from Yukina theirs avrora who if im correct is back ,asagi, la folia , kanon , sayaka , theirs that witch Yuuma, yume, theirs also that other shaman who seems to like kojou nane yuiri and Glendal who also looks close to him, I've heard that theirs 2 other girls named kasugaya and yuno who apperently has a thing for kojou as well which makes a total of 12. Aside from that other girls like kiriha( the teaser type of girl), celeste (although it was said she has a thing for vatler which he won't return lol), shio and asarte are also their if the author wants they can be pick that's all the girls that knows kojou that I'm aware of . Theirs more than 12 girls some which a clear others are up in the air .
Actually yuno is dating Rui, the sniper guy that is from vol 16, shio likes gajou, and celesta moved from liking vattler to kojou
Old 2019-12-11, 23:56   Link #3816
yuyuki

Quote:
Um is Kii the the prototype of 4th Primogenitor that was mentioned somewhere?

What kind of familiars does Kii have or are they exactly the same as Kojou's original 12 familiars?
Kii is the first primo who is voiced by takehito koyasu back in the very beginning of vol 15/Stb iii ep 7, he also has a blood servant called Zana whose blood bond weapon houses kii's kenjuu called merikensak and also is capable of using d.o.e, all it says in vol 21 summary that kii's kenjuu are jet black, also kii's were rampaging due to them not acknowledging kojou as their host making him lose reason

Last edited by yuyuki; 2019-12-12 at 00:20.
Old 2019-12-12, 00:36   Link #3817
Tyrant Ruler

Quote:
Actually yuno is dating Rui, the sniper guy that is from vol 16, shio likes gajou, and celesta moved from liking vattler to kojou
well minus one which is yuno so that's the gunner named was wondering what his name was or i think I miss it, so celesta does have a thing for kojou well as expected of vatler the dude has no interested in those things lol. Does gajou even see shio as a love interest if so good for her if not well rip. Cause he looks like a guy who could hooked back with minori the girl has it rough .

Last edited by Tyrant Ruler; 2019-12-12 at 01:46.
Tyrant Ruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-12, 01:44   Link #3818
yuyuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant Ruler View Post
well minus one which is yuno so that's the gunner named was wondering what his name was or i think I miss it, so celesta does have a thing for kojou well as expected of vatler the dude has n interested in those things lol. Does gajou even see shio as a love interest if so good for if not well rip. Caude he looks like a guy who could hooked back with minori the girl has it rough .
Gajou sees shio as a child and he most likely hooks back with mimori, because the vol 20 prologue has mimori and avrora being saved by gajou and the narrative states that: Shen Sen seemed to be convinced that the man would protect the two, passing leisurely beside the damaged robot and advancing towards the exit of the building. So at least for now they have a strong sense of trust for each other.
Old 2019-12-12, 17:24   Link #3819
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

I was wondering which of the novels are the best ones that people would recommend reading. So far I've read volumes 2, 5, 9, 10 and am currently on 13?
Old 2019-12-15, 15:07   Link #3820
Big lips

Did y’all see the trailer for the january ova because it seems were finally getting into the harem part.
Big lips is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cringe heroine, dengeki bunko, fake harem, harem, open ending, strike the blood, vampires