AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-10-08, 07:34   Link #21
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The fight was good and I like the setting. Iska catching Alice instead of attacking made no sense, but eh. I guess she's so breathtakingly beautiful he had to save her the moment he saw her face. And of course they meet again the very same night.

Yeah, it's kind of a mess so far, but I'm curious to see where it goes.
Old 2020-10-08, 10:01   Link #22
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Ironically, Alice isn't any better than the Empire, no matter what the story tells us.

Any kind of Nation she creates by defeating the Empire will be one that discriminates people who can't use magic in one way or another, while at the same turn, her troops will have to suppress Empire citizens into obedience.

tbH the best outcome anyone could hope for would be Neutral City suddenly gaining super military powers and deciding that it's their time to shine. Not that they'd survive it, but that be still the best outcome.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-08, 10:09   Link #23
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
That's the thing, as ironic as it sounds, Romeo x Julie isn't actually Romeo x Juliet kind of story. It's not story about transcending love that breaks barriers, but story about two hormone packed teenagers who refused use brain and gotthemselves killed over shallow crush. It's actually pretty educational. Sad that writers who later reused template didn't understand what is it about...
Well, riffing on a certain story can go in very different directions .
Quote:
That doesn't sound that bad. Shame it obviously not the case here.
Agree to disagree on that .
Quote:
Yes he looked super concerned and rational at that moment...NOT. It went from life-threatening battle to ull rom-com in instant.
The moment definitely threw both of them off.
Quote:
I am willing to accept that(to degree), but there is just too much issues with how it was handled. If MC doesn't get arrested again for espionage and collaboration with enemy in very next episode there will be no saving to this show.
That probably depends on if they get caught...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Ironically, Alice isn't any better than the Empire, no matter what the story tells us.

Any kind of Nation she creates by defeating the Empire will be one that discriminates people who can't use magic in one way or another, while at the same turn, her troops will have to suppress Empire citizens into obedience.

tbH the best outcome anyone could hope for would be Neutral City suddenly gaining super military powers and deciding that it's their time to shine. Not that they'd survive it, but that be still the best outcome.
Maybe that's where the two leads come in, where they're ideals end up coming together to create a crusade that can lead to a lasting peace .
Old 2020-10-08, 10:40   Link #24
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post

Well we have not seen enough of the witches' side to say much but it looks like a magic based aristocracy. While the empire seem to be an authoritarian government which jails or kills people based on their genetics. So it comes down to how well non-mages are treated in magic land but the empire is definitely coming across worse at the moment.

And I imagine that whatever those generators the Empire are setting up are going to turn out to be bad news.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-08, 11:02   Link #25
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

That probably depends on if they get caught...
Well, there should be 20 or so actual spies observing exchange of "handkerchief" in that theatre. That's why I said he need to be arrested in very next episode.
Old 2020-10-08, 12:00   Link #26
dragon213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Well we have not seen enough of the witches' side to say much but it looks like a magic based aristocracy. While the empire seem to be an authoritarian government which jails or kills people based on their genetics. So it comes down to how well non-mages are treated in magic land but the empire is definitely coming across worse at the moment.

And I imagine that whatever those generators the Empire are setting up are going to turn out to be bad news.
well yeah from what I have read about it so far the people of the empire (Or at least most of them) so far doesn't seem to considering astral mages (prefer that over witches) as humans, so if they managed to create a society when they can't look favorably to either side, also those in charge can't choose to side with either the the none mages or the mages and if either side get out of line, they need to get equally punished. If they could do that then I think it might work, it would take time but I think eventually they could learn to live in harmony. I know it might sound naive and like it's impossible but there is still the tiny chance, of course they need to find a way to end the war, and the best way to start would be to first get rid of the corrupted leaders of the empire and replace them with like minded people who wants a peaceful end to the war.

Of course the astral mages is not without corruption either so both sides would have to get rid of the bad ones, because if they can't stop the hatred and put people who want true peace without wiping out either side then the war can never end.
dragon213 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-08, 19:59   Link #27
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
This has to be the most generic adaptation of this season.
Old 2020-10-08, 21:22   Link #28
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
From the first episode the Empire definitely looks more concerning. If they win it will be fairly ugly or at least looks that way. Can’t say much about the other side yet. Didn’t focus as much on them. Obviously if they also discriminate based on whether you have powers or not then it would be an equal issue and more likely to require the two leads to cooperate to reach a peaceful solution that can work for the most people.

Anyways I don’t mind the Romeo and Juliet concept. Minus the whole tragic ending bit. Two people on opposite sides of a conflict is a classic move but one that can pay off if done well. Hopefully it is here.
Old 2020-10-09, 08:58   Link #29
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I browsed the LN thread we have, and assuming one guy's summaries are correct...

Well, since I'm not allowed to give anything away in an anime-only thread, it'll be interesting to see if they stick close to the original LN or not.

I wish I could say more, but if you're interested, you can dig up the LN thread.

EDIT: Here's the link to the Ln thread- as of right now, it's still on the first page and only has 8 pages.
https://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=150042

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-09, 15:30   Link #30
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I suppose it will be interesting to see the girl he released at some point. All the more so since I'm curious to find out why he did it. Couldn't be that he only just realized the Empire were holding people captive because of their powers. And doesn't appear like she knew him personally either.

If nothing else it was mission accomplished by Alice. Heck if she could have just bailed out without fighting Iska at all it would have been a perfectly clean win. But understandable that she's pretty confident in her abilities. Did a decent job making the two seem rather even when it comes to a 1v1 fight.

Honestly I'm not sure how peace works out without Alice's side winning. Still early, but the Empire seems much more....evil empire than the other side. Not sure they'd accept any peace where the magic users weren't locked up or having their powers restrained.
I'm pretty sure the Empire's tech is powered by forsaken (magic) child somehow, so yeah.

I think I'll let Mahouka be my cringy magic battle anime this season. I'm just not feeling this one.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-14, 10:03   Link #31
Frontier

Now it's time to show Iska's perspective leading up to the pair's reunion .

The Opening is a nice action fantasy beat, showing off Iska and Alice's respective sides and them together, only to dovetail into the conflict that drives them to fight each other and seemingly team-up as well .

I still question Mismiss' qualifications to be in the military, but it's good to see she's committed to the emotional well-being of her team. She should just better prepare the next time she decides to bring one of them to her room .

So they chance upon each other multiple times, have similar tastes in food and art, and even unknowingly met each other as kids. Is that fate talking, or the God of Romcoms ?

Ayana Taketatsu had too much fun playing a bespectacled best girl last season, so now she's giving it another go as Risya, the team's new commander .

It's always nice to hear Aya Hisakawa in something new. And she's Alice's mother to boot (and Kosuke Toriumi as Iska's master, Cro) .

Nothing cements a fateful encounter quite like it seemingly awakening your founding ancestor .

Beneath her prideful royal demeanor, Alice is a bit of a spaz, and beneath Iska's serious soldier demeanor he's too kindhearted for his own good. Nothing builds a relationship quite like seeing them as they naturally are .

Resting on her boobs on the first date? Iska you dog .

Sora Amamiya serenades us to an Alice-focused Ending, featuring plenty of icy imagery befitting the Ice Calamity Witch and ending on her and Iska reuniting on the bench .

No better way to instigate conflict than by tasking your male MC with hunting down the female MC .
Old 2020-10-14, 10:57   Link #32
Tenzen12

Couldn't hep but had to quit watching in first few minutes. Not sure yet but this might be stupidiest anime of this season.

Maybe some time in future I will give it second chance
Old 2020-10-14, 20:07   Link #33
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-14, 20:37   Link #34
Magewolf

Why are we supposed to care about any of the characters here? We know nothing about the main characters after 2 episodes except that they are being brought together by the hand of God. And where is the worldbuilding?
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-14, 22:32   Link #35
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

Just from watching the opening it looks like we are getting thru volume 3 adapted.
Old 2020-10-14, 23:02   Link #36
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Why are we supposed to care about any of the characters here? We know nothing about the main characters after 2 episodes except that they are being brought together by the hand of God. And where is the worldbuilding?
I think you're learning enough about the characters from their behavior, at least for me, and there is world-building in this episode in particular.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Angel View Post
Just from watching the opening it looks like we are getting thru volume 3 adapted.
They had some stuff from volume 4 in too, so I'm not quite sure how they're going to be approaching it.
Old 2020-10-15, 00:02   Link #37
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
They really are going all in on making these two destined for each other . The amount of similarities between them are going through the roof.

In the end that was a nice enough episode. Kind of enjoying the silly nature of how this relationship is building up. Will certainly be tougher when they do clash next. Although clearly there will be a greater evil for them to cooperate against at some point from that OP.
Old 2020-10-15, 06:45   Link #38
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I hate these stories where huge coincidences keep piling up. I hope they will provide a reason for it, like a higher power wanting them to be together and arranging for this, but even then, that would still remain poor writing.
Old 2020-10-15, 12:03   Link #39
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I hate these stories where huge coincidences keep piling up. I hope they will provide a reason for it, like a higher power wanting them to be together and arranging for this, but even then, that would still remain poor writing.
It definitely seems like fate is playing a part here, right down to their encounter leading to the founding ancestor waking up .
Old 2020-10-21, 10:04   Link #40
Frontier

Iska's new objective is to capture Alice to regain his position as Saint Disciple and get an audience with the leader of the Empire (maybe that fox girl behind the folding screen in the Opening)? Although I don't think a better position in the Empire and getting to talk to the head honcho will make them change their minds on witches .

Good for Mismiss for looking after Iska's mental well being, but encountering the Ice Calamity Witch was probably not what she was expecting from that trip .

I get why Iska wants to force peace negotiations, but ending this war can't be as simple as just capturing one of the princesses. Even Alice doesn't think her own mother or people would be willing to bow down for just that much. Plus, I wouldn't trust what the Empire would do with Alice if they had her in custody .

Iska serving under Alice as her knight? That actually doesn't sound half-bad, setting aside how much of a shock it would send to her mother and the sovereignty. At the same time, it would also dramatically shift what this story is about within the first arc, so I guess it's no surprise Iska didn't immediately jump ship (especially if it meant abandoning his friends) .

Y'know Alice, I think I have a good idea what that feeling you two share for one another is...the kind of feeling that wants to ensure your alone, in private, and would make you even insult your founding ancestor for getting in the way of your conversation together .

The founding ancestor Nebulis awakens and she's a true force of nature in such a tiny body, wielding dangerous and powerful magic that likely could have turned the tide in the Sovereignty's favor. But her pure and aggressive hatred for the Empire would likely lead only to a one-sided dealing of pain and suffering, enough to bring together her descendant with the Empire's soldier who wielded the anti-witch weapons that awakened her in taking her down .

Nebulis knew Iska's master? I guess maybe Iska's master was older than he looked .

Iska and Alice working together and using their abilities in tandem to defeat Nebulis was a pretty exciting and action-packed climax for this episode. It may be an isolated incident and not necessarily indicative of the future, but in this instance a solider and a witch came together to defeat a mutual foe for the betterment of the world. Maybe there is hope for a peace of some kind, for those that believe in it .

There's something kind of cute in those two declaring themselves still enemies but also declaring a truce while they just lay next to each other because they can't move any more after that fight .

Tags
harem, romance