AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-01, 17:11   Link #1381
macdawson

You bring up a good point. But lets not go to the clean the polution of previous inhabitants as i'm guessing mankind may have cleaned up their mess by 2199. XD Maybe they just have to clean the mess made by the Planet Bombs.
macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 17:24   Link #1382
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There was word that instead of radiation, it is the plants that are speading poison of some kind that is working its way down into the Earth's crust, and slowly killing off Humanity.

The Planet Bombs seem to be just ignited asteroid and comets. Though they would have needed something major to basically vaporize the Earth's oceans. Earth's atmosphere appears to stll be there as are some clouds, but the oceans are gone within eight years time.

We are not sure if the surface temperature of Earth is higher than normal. We are not sure if there is a radiation hazard. We know the oceans are gone and that Kodai and Shima were is full flight suits wit helmets on during their stay on the surface (though at some point they had their helmets off for Kato to punch them both in the face for stealing and wrecking his plane). Dr. Sado I think mentioned something about radiation, but that their young bodies seemed to take it well. That might have just been solar radiation due to a loss of say the ozone layer. but we don't know for sure.

I am guessing it is much easier to install the plant life you want into a ecosystem that has no foreign life on it. It seems their method is not as fast, but is similar to the Genesis Device. Kills all life on a world and remake it how you want it to look.

Though that does being up a question...just what is the Cosmo Cleaner suppose to do once they bring it home from Iscandar?
Old 2013-01-01, 18:38   Link #1383
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdawson View Post
You bring up a good point. But lets not go to the clean the polution of previous inhabitants as i'm guessing mankind may have cleaned up their mess by 2199. XD Maybe they just have to clean the mess made by the Planet Bombs.
We don't know what state earth was in by 2199....perhaps the Gamilons are just neat freaks who wanted to clean the new real estate until it was spotless?
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 03:36   Link #1384
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It will be a bit holey when they finish, but than Gamilon also has holes in it. Though not so much on the craters.
Old 2013-01-02, 03:46   Link #1385
rmbalelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
It will be a bit holey when they finish, but than Gamilon also has holes in it. Though not so much on the craters.
i'm also thought that way...
rmbalelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 05:05   Link #1386
macdawson

The radiation is still there but not as pervasive as they made it in the original, with the added danger of those spores. The signs we see as their train goes underground read "Contaminated Area" wich is more open to interpretation tha a simple radiation sign. I don't think Kato punched their faces on the surface, most probably they were rescued, taken to the underground city and Kato was the welcoming commitee. XD
Old 2013-01-03, 14:31   Link #1387
August138

Quote:
The Planet Bombs seem to be just ignited asteroid and comets.
No, not comets — only asteroids — you can't ignite a chunk of ice. Or can you...?

Quote:
Though that does being up a question...just what is the Cosmo Cleaner suppose to do once they bring it home from Iscandar?
It's now called the "Cosmo Reverse System"; which is probably an terraforming reset button.
Old 2013-01-04, 19:10   Link #1388
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Depends on the comet and the "ice".
Old 2013-01-05, 18:40   Link #1389
August138

Smirnoff Ice? That's nice...
Old 2013-01-10, 21:08   Link #1390
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Via Facebook (Mr. Ragone and CosmoDNA)

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainm...004953460.html

"Space Battleship Yamato 2199 to begin airing on TBS starting Sundays at 5:00pm in April."

(also via Yamato2199.net)

http://yamato2199.net/news.html#yamato2199_tv

Plus other things:

Chapter 5 will be out on April 13th. (episode 15-18) with the BD coming out a month later on the 28th of May

http://yamato2199.net/goods/bd_005.html

That missing Gamilas battleship makes its appearance on the cover of Chapter 5 along with Dommel, his wife, and his Fleet (in front of Planet Balan)

Last edited by Ithekro; 2013-01-10 at 23:52.
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 02:37   Link #1391
MasterVampire

When is the 4th Bluray coming out?
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 02:40   Link #1392
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

February 22nd. The Chapter 4 comes to theaters tomorrow or Saturday I believe (those that go can get the Bluray there, limited edition and supply).
Old 2013-01-11, 04:59   Link #1393
Vito
Asshole.

Hey has anyone saved the 10 min preview from youtube and could put it on mediafire? Forgot they made it private

P.S: Can anyone get me the vol.4 LE? I'm guessing the area is closed off only for movie goers and a passerby can't go in and buy the bluray.

Last edited by Vito; 2013-01-11 at 06:09.
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 06:27   Link #1394
macdawson

From the episode descriptions August posted on his blog, chapter 4 will be. . . Hum what do you get when you multiply awesomex1000? This is really upping the ante.
Old 2013-01-11, 09:32   Link #1395
Yaskaleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by August138 View Post
No, not comets — only asteroids — you can't ignite a chunk of ice. Or can you...?
The theory that comets are chunks of ice/dirty snowballs has been shown as false with the satelite images we've had of them. All have shown to be pieces of rock. Why they behave as they do as comets is a mystery to mainstream science at the moment.
Yaskaleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 15:22   Link #1396
August138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
The theory that comets are chunks of ice/dirty snowballs has been shown as false with the satelite images we've had of them. All have shown to be pieces of rock. Why they behave as they do as comets is a mystery to mainstream science at the moment.
It was a joke... Note my Smirnoff Ice follow-up.
Old 2013-01-11, 19:43   Link #1397
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Chapter 5 sounds like it will be almost non-stop action, or at least non-stop plot from start to finish.

By the time Yamato 2199 is on TV again (they did show episode one on "TV" if I recall), they will have 18 episodes finished and ready for viewing. Depending on which Sunday in April they start, Chapter 5 will be out around the same time.

So after Chapter 4 comes out, they will be past the halfway mark in terms of episodes, though they won't be to the halfway point to Iscandar until probably episode 18 (two episodes sooner than in the original run).

Estimates still place Chapter 7 as coming out in October, which unless there are holiday breaks or they start late in April, the episodes will catchup to the theater releases during September and the episodes for Chapter 7 will be on TV before it comes to theaters, though both the film and last episode might come out about the same week.

They could do a split cour setup, but it shouldn't be necessary unless they have a serious production delay for the last Chapter (Chapter 5 will be out in April, and logically Chapter 6 would be out around June or July, before they would catch up with the material from Chapter 5 on TV. With BD sales coming out before or around the same time as those episode start showing up in TV in August.)

Though a thought. If the BD sales have to this point been helping make sure the show got finished, they wont need the sales of Chapter 7 for that, thus it is not as important to them to have those sales. But I assume they know that one sure way to get sales would be bonus features, or the word of a sequel (to support via sales of the BD of Chapter 7 and the theoretical prequel OVA).
Old 2013-01-12, 01:24   Link #1398
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Time for a few pictures I found on pixiv:

First, something I want to see:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-01-12, 02:05   Link #1399
August138

BATTLESHIP YAMATO: 2199 • CHAPTER 4: DEFENSE OF THE GALACTIC MARCH just opened in Japanese cinemas today, and friends on the ground at the Shinjuku Piccadilly theater have say that the atmosphere there is akin to a madhouse — news promising that it's another hit! And best yet (for me and some close local pals), I should have a copy of the limited edition, theater exclusive Blu-ray in my greedy mitts by the end of this coming week (because I've got some awesome, understanding pals, for whom I'm most grateful)!

Last edited by August138; 2013-01-12 at 02:33.
August138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 02:26   Link #1400
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Gamilas has the best male voices:

Quote:
宇宙戦艦ヤマト2199製作委員会
@new_yamato_2199
第四章舞台挨拶が終了しました!若本さんと中田さん、出渕総監督にご登壇頂き、大盛りで終了しました!皆様 第四章ぜひご覧下さい![IGオーセ] #yamato2199 pic.twitter.com/W8PW7RTE

10:11 p.m. Fri, Jan 11
Hitoshi (Jōji) Nakata and Norio Wakamoto in this case.

Tags
classic, remake, science fiction, space opera, yamato