AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-05, 09:44   Link #81
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I suspect Mugi is responsible for keeping at least one drug cartel in Japan solvent. She must be smoking a lot of stuff to get yuri goggles of that kind of power.
Old 2009-05-05, 09:51   Link #82
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
I suspect Mugi is responsible for keeping at least one drug cartel in Japan solvent. She must be smoking a lot of stuff to get yuri goggles of that kind of power.
In her defend she only need to be a yuri fangirl to get such google.

But yeah that's questionable..... still i knows lots of ppl will jump with joy if it becomes official

On another note, this screen does make me wondering if she really into yuri:
Spoiler for ep 5:

......it's so embarrassed to her seeing Jui and Mio "all lovey-dovey" that she tried to cover her face. But then the curiosity took over and she ended up peeking and zoning out with fantasizing that reality (or Ritsu's question) can't even enter her thoughts......

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2009-05-05 at 10:09.
Old 2009-05-05, 14:43   Link #83
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Eyebrow-chan made my day lol

It would be funny as heck if we can see the whole K-on anime through Mugi-chan's vision.

MugiVision: French fries and girls bonding can never be funnier
Don't forget her dreaming about jello!
Old 2009-05-07, 22:55   Link #84
Mr Bland
Photographers are sexy.

Thankfully there should be some fanservice of Mugi based on the preview from episode 5 (i.e. nurse)
Old 2009-05-08, 14:07   Link #85
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Mmm the nurse cosplay was yummy and suited her shockingly well (Honestly not usually into nurse uniforms ).

I'm wondering how much of her being able to lug tons of stuff around like that was physical ability and how much was her as always frightening powers of concentration.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2009-05-08, 14:26   Link #86
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
I'm wondering how much of her being able to lug tons of stuff around like that was physical ability and how much was her as always frightening powers of concentration.
Suspect it's partly from lugging stuff around the family place. Remember she has music hardware roots, which is probably part of the reason we see a prominent "Yamaha" on one of the items she's seen carrying (which some folks think is her Dad based on the fact the chairman of Yamaha is known for his heavy eyebrows).
Old 2009-05-08, 15:37   Link #87
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Suspect it's partly from lugging stuff around the family place. Remember she has music hardware roots, which is probably part of the reason we see a prominent "Yamaha" on one of the items she's seen carrying (which some folks think is her Dad based on the fact the chairman of Yamaha is known for his heavy eyebrows).
Interesting...was trying to figure in my head how a socially inexperienced oujo-sama can suddenly lug around so much without breaking a sweat.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

Old 2009-05-09, 01:12   Link #88
Keio
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post

That's the power of yuri.
Old 2009-05-15, 16:25   Link #89
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well it seems Mugi-chan came pre-equipped with one "Normal" teenage girl facet...An obsession over her weight.

Would have thought with all her cake eating habits that she was beyond such things, but amusingly enough it seems not...Also had to laugh at her exchanging vacation tickets for a board game. And here I thought they were gonna use the old trope of winning tickets in a shopping mall lottery as a convenient excuse for a vacation episode.

That is...

Old 2009-05-15, 16:29   Link #90
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Something tells me Mugi doesn't need tickets for such places.
Old 2009-05-15, 20:31   Link #91
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Probably not, but then she doesn't like to flaunt her money so I could see her still using it as a means for a vacation just the same...Ah well board games are fine too.

That is...

Old 2009-05-15, 23:01   Link #92
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keio View Post
That's the power of yuri.
No... please note the differences between a girl who is amazed in a world who never met and lesbianism (im not against yuri, but i think there is some misunderstanding).

"This is the best Xmas i ever had..." she said... she is attracted for these cute girls, and for things she never did before, to the point that she choose a board game over a trip to hawaii.

Last edited by Fran~; 2009-05-16 at 00:59.
Old 2009-05-15, 23:43   Link #93
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, as an ojou-sama, Tsumugi's parents can be expected to be a little over-protective over their daughter. Judging from the New Year strip (where she wore a kimono for a few days straight), her upbringing is somewhat traditional. Little things which we commoners take for granted may be rather fascinating for her.

Come to think about it, she's not that far off from Ouran's Tamaki.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2009-05-16 at 02:06.
Old 2009-05-16, 01:05   Link #94
Fran~
floating away...

Exactly... to Mugi, Yui, Ritsu and Miu are mere commoners... so to her, this is like a field trip, or a safari.

Remember how Tamaki was amazed by Haruhi's appartment... this is the same with Mugi. Probably the attitudes of the girls are also the first time she sees a girl who blushes from everything, or a teacher like Sawa-chan.

I can bet that a lot of people who see this anime put the same faces than Mugi... and i dont think that those persons are putting this in a "sexual dimension".
Old 2009-05-17, 09:29   Link #95
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

It has to be yuri for her to be so gummed to Mio.......

Or she could have just said.....

Spoiler for NSFW:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-05-17, 09:39   Link #96
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Or, it could simply be that before the K-On club, Mugi never felt that she was liked by her friends as a person. Given her ojou status, her "friends" would tend to be the type to hank after her status/wealth. However, I must make this clear: She definitely is not the Libby or Rich Bitch.

Then again, I'm not even sure that she HAD friends before the club. Acquaintances, maybe. Close friends? I have my doubts.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2009-05-20 at 19:31.
Old 2009-05-20, 08:15   Link #97
Darth Atma
Rookie Member

Oujo-sama who just want to live a normal life with friends.
Oujo-sama who helps others when needed, without hesitation.

She is a 'unique' character I've missed for years, that's all.

Last edited by Darth Atma; 2009-05-20 at 09:23.
Old 2009-05-20, 19:29   Link #98
Kyourin
garbage collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Exactly... to Mugi, Yui, Ritsu and Miu are mere commoners... so to her, this is like a field trip, or a safari.
yeah they're like rare animals XD
Old 2009-05-23, 22:12   Link #99
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Yea they haven't mentioned anything yet about friends for her so I'm guessing she's been mostly alone up until now?

I'm just glad she met the right kindof people...With that naiveté of hers to be interested in and go along with pretty much anything thats a new experience, might have been bad with the wrong crowd...

That is...

Old 2009-05-23, 22:18   Link #100
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

She may not be alone, per say. She might have acquaintances among the kids of her parents' associates, and her extended family. It's that they are also rich people (think how the average student interacts in Ouran), and after a while, they are predictable.

Tags
characters