AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Old 2003-11-26, 20:58   Link #41
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
I have high expectation for this anime now. The first episode was great. I love it. Now, now I just hope neither of the main characters will die... I read somewhere in the manga it looks like one of the two will die but we don't know which one because the manga has yet to end... *sigh* They better change that in the anime! I love happy endings!
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-26, 21:12   Link #42
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune~Grey
I've not heard anything OFFICIAL about it only being 13 episodes - 26 is probably going to be able to actually incorporate most of the manga. The series is a pretty decent length for a single season show.
The only place I see 13 episodes is at Anime-Daisuki (the new one)... But I have doubts about that too, since they added so much new stuff to the first episode.

It might be possible that they're doing two seasons though, since the manga's not over yet, Gonzo's been doing a lot of projects lately, FujiTV is producing this anime (and they like releasing things in an unorthodox way...), and many of the staff are from Vandread, and they might like how they did that one. So in that case it might actually be 13 episodes after all (for now).

Anyway, I liked that scene in the manga when Chrno threatens the demon, that was pretty funny, a shame they took it out. I also didn't like how Chrno throw that bullet at Rosette, it looked a bit weird...

Those quips aside, the rest of the episode is pretty good. Some extra development, extra foreshadowing (including the mention of Joshua), etc. And of course, the excellent animation (and like so many said before, the OP and ED sequences themselves, along with the music, look pretty cool with the old movie effect and the water dripping... This "coolness" is lost a bit in the subs with all those text in there though)

Anyway, hopefully Gonzo won't mess up the story like they did with Hellsing.
Old 2003-11-26, 23:01   Link #43
Zerox20
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Zerox20
Akraze Version

Not sure if this breaks the rules but rather then talk about our version here and any problems I actually created a forum at our website just for CC feedback on our version. If possible I would prefer it redirected there so we can improve for episode 2. http://www.anime-kraze.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=41

Theres the link, please direct any comments regarding Akraze version there, really helps us out.
Zerox20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-26, 23:09   Link #44
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to uLTraCarL- Send a message via AIM to uLTraCarL-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerattacks
Didnt watch CC yet, but somehow I dont want anymore. It might be the uber anime but when things start like this http://ultracarl.darkslyde.net/CC/ again - without me. At least as long there isnt one group which knows what they are doing and dont participate in the new "We want to be like AJ" contest. Yeah Im angry :P

explain to me real quick, what you are mad about? The pictures I had put up?

That url was for me and a couple of people to look at and compare the fonts, or what not. If you think I made that to compare t/l's then whatever, be like that then.

and person that asked for PNG's, I got the caps thru bsplayer, so its jpg already.

The Chronicles of uLTraCarL .. Youtube connection
[Ht] Hostile Takeover #hostile @ irc.gamesurge.net .. Anime-Kraze #anime-kraze @ irc.rizon.net
uLTraCarL- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-26, 23:22   Link #45
drvtech

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMPFaN83
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_R
That's why you tell your raw getter to get you a better raw, and keep doing so until he/she supplies you with something that is worth using, or get the raws yourself (recommended). "raw I had to use" doesn't cut it when there are plenty of raws to be had on winny. It seems to me that you guys rushed to release first, instead of taking your time to find a decent raw.

Lets no give the fansubbers crap, remember they provide us with "free" fansubs if it isn't perfect deal with it, or learn japanese your two options

That said i liked it, nuns with guns lol cool concept :P
It's comment like these by FMPFaN83 that makes fansubbing so much fun to do for the fans {/end sarcasm}

By the way FMPFaN83, K_R is a fansubber and K_R knows japanese...so...
drvtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-26, 23:43   Link #46
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranko
This show's goinga be a top download for me and i plan on doing some seeding for it since i won't be home for till friday night after i leave today.
Yeah, me too. I really liked it and I think I'm gonna add it to my collection of anime. Damn, and just when I started weaning my collection down a bit. 18 anime's is still way too many series to follow....oh well. I've got plenty for the snowy winter days coming up I guess.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-26, 23:50   Link #47
OMchan
オムちゃん

I've never read the manga, but Ep01 was enjoyable. ^^; And yeah, I'm going to continue to watch this series, too.

Kimi ni Todoke
OMchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-26, 23:57   Link #48
Jn183

Saw it and was thinking of Hellsing, Bakuretsu, nightwalker, etc.. I guess I need few more eps to see how differ the series from those I mentioned to enjoy it more.
Jn183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 01:11   Link #49
Rune~Grey
Token Crusade Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jn183
Saw it and was thinking of Hellsing, Bakuretsu, nightwalker, etc.. I guess I need few more eps to see how differ the series from those I mentioned to enjoy it more.
Its interesting - I think a lot of people are going to compare this series to Hellsing, and while it does have some very similar concepts to that series, it is also quite different in how things are handled. Hellsing is quite dark and violent, and that tone stays throughout the whole series, from what I've seen. And Hellsing seems to have an attitude of 'who's the biggest bastard in the whole series' for the most part - there's very little exploration of the more human side of things in the anime, and the title characters, with the exception of Celes, are not the easiest people to identify with.

Chrno Crusade, from the manga version, tends to be balanced all around, and leans more towards having a very human and understandable story, with very good characters. Its not just how many demons the heroes can splatter all over the place, or what sort of dark and gritty place the night is - its a very deep and compassionate story, and its the characters and the ways that they interact that drive the plot, not the other way around.

If I had to sum up the mood of these two series in a word, Hellsing would come down to being about 'Duty'. Chrno Crusade, on the other hand, can be summed up as being about 'Family'. While the two series at their base seem to have a similar premise, they're very different overall. At least in my opinion. ^^
Rune~Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 01:19   Link #50
ChaosWing
runpsicat slave

It receives 2 Chao thumbs up! :fingers:

There wasn't a smily for two thumbs up, so that will have to do.
ChaosWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 01:29   Link #51
144M_HYPERION
Miracle Yang !!

I don't know if you guys notice ... but Chrno's backpack looks very similar to the one from Gundam RX-79[G] (MS 08th Team)

Just wondering, do they have mobile phone back in 1928 ??? coz Chrno is carrying one for sure. There is no telephone line or anything like that attaching to the "weapon's locker"
144M_HYPERION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 01:46   Link #52
LiQuid|J
Pantsu Faito!

I think that was back before cell phones became as compact and streamlined as they are today.
LiQuid|J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 02:03   Link #53
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

To those who have been following my quest to find the perfect version of Chrno Crusade 1, I can say that I am finally happy. Ani-Kraze has put out a version that blows away the other three. It gets top marks in all categories. Their encode is beautiful and I was particularly impressed with their editor. Many lines that were awkwardly or unclearly phrased in the other three versions were crystal clear and natural sounding here. As for the encode... not only is it the sharpest of the three, but it is also the smallest. :shock: If they keep up this file size I'll be able to get five episodes on a disk. Don't ask me how they did it, but it is clear that they did it.

I don't know if anyone else is going to put out a version superior to this one, but I no longer care so much since Ani-Kraze's version is not merely acceptable, but actually very high quality indeed. I encourage everyone else to download this version if they intend to keep it. The only other version I'm going to bother to look at is WPP&Sb, since Sb used to translate the manga.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 02:46   Link #54
Zerox20
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Zerox20
Thanks for the great words and praise, I urge you to post at our forum if you have any suggestions for episode 2!
Zerox20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 02:59   Link #55
Redlite

Anime-Keep = Anime-junkies of today.

How can you actually miss a so obvious line as "Plesure Line"
in the opening when the god damn songs name is that.

Never more Anime-Junkies erhhhm Anime-Keep

A-Kraze great work your release is the best to this date
Redlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 04:55   Link #56
drvtech

I had a lengthy post earlier as to translations do matter in reply to Killerattacks earlier post, but as my laptop is finicky, it crashed while I was replying, opening up a 120MB Word Doc (yes a 120MB Word Doc) and typing up an application. I'll post it up tomorrow since I finally have the first CC ep.
drvtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 05:51   Link #57
LiQuid|J
Pantsu Faito!

I just watched the Keep, Inf-AF, and Kraze version of episode one. And as far as I'm concerned the winner is:

*drumroll*

KRAZE!

*Ba Daaaa!*

First off, I'm not a stickler for this kind of thing, but Kraze didn't have the best encode. I noticed particling in certain parts where there was a solid color. Also, there was ever so slightly more fuzz than Inf-AF's encode. This is NOT however one of the features I tend to look for in a fansub unless it's VERY obvious. I think they did a damn fine job for the small filesize, and 5 episodes to a disk would be a killer bonus.

Kraze's karaoke IMO was easily the best of the 3. Keep's has been pointed out to have obviously goofed on some major translations in the OP song, and quite frankly, I would be a little embarassed if I were them. Inf-AF's font was on the ugly side and Keeps, uglier still.

Now the biggest thing that I look for in a sub, (and the reason I almost always prefer a Triad sub if they are doing a show I'm watching) the editing. NoSanninWa already mentioned it, but it needs to be said again. Kraze's edit was great. Phrases felt more 'natural' than 'translated'. I have to say, that I prefer translators taking some liberties on translations if it leads to healthier sounding English even if it's at the expense of 100% literal translation. Being that I don't understand Japanese to begin with, I'm not in a position to say whether or not translations are spot-on correct in the first place. But when I'm reading a sub and I have to stop in the middle of a sentance and say "what did I just read" it breaks up the flow of the show. I might be overly glowing here, but I really think the editor is the difference between a good sub and a great sub.

So yeah, Kraze wins. If a better sub doesn't present itself, I'll be collecting their work on this one. At the very least, if editing is something that you feel is important in your sub, go ahead and check it out.
LiQuid|J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 08:13   Link #58
Tomomi
chrno fangal

Just watched the anime. Loved it too!

Anyway, for those who have read the manga, can you tell me how many volumes are there? Is it completed? Thanks!
Tomomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 08:19   Link #59
JacobM5727

Send a message via ICQ to JacobM5727 Send a message via AIM to JacobM5727 Send a message via Yahoo to JacobM5727
saw episode 1
never read any of the manga

looks very good so far, plus i love the music, and the voices were done very well
JacobM5727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 08:49   Link #60
Baba
Grouky Freak

Send a message via ICQ to Baba Send a message via MSN to Baba
Well, I had read the manga untill volume 3 and while it wasn't great stuff it was still very pleasant to read. Soo seeing as everyone is so enthusiastic, I guess I will just download Ani-Kraze version and see for myself what the anime is made of.
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote