AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-13, 23:08   Link #1081
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
That's where mileage may vary: you have Ichika, who just comes off as extremely dense to the point where it's annoying, but then you have Touma, where his tactlessness leads to some hilarious situations.
At least Touma knows there are things you don't say to women lest you incur their wrath, and he at least has self-proclaimed to be interested a type of women (Vol5, Aztec magician part, he said he likes 'onee-san types'). Ichika on the other hand had exactly one scene where gets a nosebleed from fanservice so far in 8 volumes, and countless times where he mistakens a girl's feelings for him for something else. If Touma is in the same position, I don't think he'll do the same thing as Ichika.

... then again if something like 5 girls go after him at once at his school he'd be piled by his male classmates and possibly die, with Aogami and Motoharu being the most likely leaders of the attack IB has nothing on bare fists coming from angered classmates.
Old 2011-05-13, 23:27   Link #1082
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
At least Touma knows there are things you don't say to women lest you incur their wrath, and he at least has self-proclaimed to be interested a type of women (Vol5, Aztec magician part, he said he likes 'onee-san types'). Ichika on the other hand had exactly one scene where gets a nosebleed from fanservice so far in 8 volumes, and countless times where he mistakens a girl's feelings for him for something else. If Touma is in the same position, I don't think he'll do the same thing as Ichika.
Touma also likes Bunny Girls and Maids... Or was it waitresses?

But Touma is not immune to "getting the wrong idea", as seen with everything he does with Mikoto and the recent (translated) part where he though Itsuwa and Index were CLOSE friends because she wanted to go with him (to save Index).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
... then again if something like 5 girls go after him at once at his school he'd be piled by his male classmates and possibly die, with Aogami and Motoharu being the most likely leaders of the attack IB has nothing on bare fists coming from angered classmates.
This is kinda ironic; we have never seen any girl from his school that have an outright crush on him- Himegami is kinda debatable let alone that un-capturable senior girl...
Old 2011-05-14, 21:27   Link #1083
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Touma also likes Bunny Girls and Maids... Or was it waitresses?

But Touma is not immune to "getting the wrong idea", as seen with everything he does with Mikoto and the recent (translated) part where he though Itsuwa and Index were CLOSE friends because she wanted to go with him (to save Index).
Maid/waitress was Motoharu I think... but yeah, Touma does like bunny girls as well now that you mention it, I had forgotten about that

Ituswa and Index, fair point.
Old 2011-05-15, 15:07   Link #1084
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Come to think of it, isn't Ichika aware of Cecilia's feelings for him? Touma at least isn't at that level yet?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2011-05-15, 16:04   Link #1085
tsunade666

what? when did Ichika got aware of feelings of girls? Ichika of all people or MC male lead. It's like unlimited facepalm works.
Old 2011-05-15, 16:34   Link #1086
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Come to think of it, isn't Ichika aware of Cecilia's feelings for him? Touma at least isn't at that level yet?
Depends on what you mean by 'aware', could you be abit more specific ? Because technically we can say that Touma is 'aware' of Index's feelings because she sort of did annouce them to him at the end of the first vol...

Though it also depends on how you interpret 'daisuki'...
Old 2011-05-15, 17:47   Link #1087
Miraluka
Banned

Well Touma knows Index has feelings for him aftet that confession, but he thinks those feelings belongs to the "other Touma", before losing his memories.
Old 2011-06-23, 01:16   Link #1088
Ritsu026
Ritsu's boyfriend

Every time I hear Touma's name I remember a song perfect for him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noCBBuytc8o
I started to like him after much thinking and realizing that I have no reason to dislike him , the other day in the picture's thread I was just in bad mood and was looking for an argument it seems.
Old 2011-06-23, 08:30   Link #1089
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritsu026 View Post
Every time I hear Touma's name I remember a song perfect for him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noCBBuytc8o
I started to like him after much thinking and realizing that I have no reason to dislike him , the other day in the picture's thread I was just in bad mood and was looking for an argument it seems.
-Blood arm

Oh the irony
Old 2011-06-23, 08:54   Link #1090
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

No matter how you look at it, the song that's perfect for Touma, and by extension the other two guys, has to be DOA's "Eiyuu".
Old 2011-06-23, 09:01   Link #1091
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

C'mon this is so Touman right here.

Old 2011-06-23, 09:07   Link #1092
Ritsu026
Ritsu's boyfriend

Quote:
No matter how you look at it, the song that's perfect for Touma, and by extension the other two guys, has to be DOA's "Eiyuu".
OK let's say that the perfect non-japanese song is the one I posted and the perfect japanese song is yours 'cuz I can't understand japanese at all and the lyrics does not make any exceptions and of course the name of my song is not perfect for him 'cuz he's not that suspicious since he's the MC
Edit: lol too much perfect songs , I quit the race
Old 2011-06-23, 09:14   Link #1093
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Considering Kamijou Touma is Japanese, I would think it's more appropriate to use a Japanese song

And come on! How can you beat lyrics like these->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Translation
I'm so good at pretending to be cool
Forgetting about the things that really matter
I'm just making it hard for myself
So goodbye to all that, it's time for a transformation!

Whatcha gonna do if you're afraid of the dark?
Whatcha gonna do if you're scared of some guy?
If you're content to just keep your footing
You'll never get anywhere

If you're a real man, become strong for someone
Clench your teeth, fight till the end
Don't be afraid to fall, and when you do, just rise once more
If you can do just that
You are a hero

Sounds better in Japanese though I admit.
Old 2011-06-23, 09:17   Link #1094
Ritsu026
Ritsu's boyfriend

Quote:
Considering Kamijou Touma is Japanese, I would think it's more appropriate to use a Japanese song

And come on! How can you beat lyrics like these->

Sounds better in Japanese though I admit.
lol I admit that this is perfect for Touma
Old 2011-06-23, 09:18   Link #1095
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

I can't take japanese lyrics seriously for some reason. Except this one. Imagine fast paced punching

Old 2011-07-04, 22:41   Link #1096
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I've been wondering... Does the incident with the Saint Peter's Cross counts for an example that Kamijou Touma doesn't do what's right, but only what he thinks is right- I mean, he practically prevented World Peace. At the same time, just to save one girl- he had stopped Fiamma from saving the world from global warming.

What do you all think?
Old 2011-07-04, 22:46   Link #1097
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
I've been wondering... Does the incident with the Saint Peter's Cross counts for an example that Kamijou Touma doesn't do what's right, but only what he thinks is right- I mean, he practically prevented World Peace. At the same time, just to save one girl- he had stopped Fiamma from saving the world from global warming.

What do you all think?
When you put it that way, Aiwass smiles at you .
Old 2011-07-04, 22:54   Link #1098
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
When you put it that way, Aiwass smiles at you .
The Holy Right is a giant hand that turns the dial on the heater.

But no seriously, I had been wondering whether we'll see a situation where Touma would choose to save one person at the cost of the Greater Good, and without realizing it- such scenario had already played out.

He just made the decision process look easy
Old 2011-07-04, 23:02   Link #1099
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

To be honest, I'd be really interesting to see Touma's ideals get twisted as time goes on, to the point where Accelerator and Hamazura go "What the hell, hero?" Not that he would make a drastic Face Heel Turn or even be "evil", but that his own ideals get in the way of a greater good, which the other two guys can clearly see.

I swear, if Touma stays a fucking "Static Character" throughout New Testament... I want to like Touma, but I can't like a Protagonist that has had no character development over 20+ Volumes. What he is missing is depth, which Hamazura and Accelerator (ESPECIALLY him) don't lack.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-07-04, 23:40   Link #1100
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Well it might be planned. It's not like Kamachi doesn't know how to develop a character.
Closed Thread