AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-11-06, 11:58   Link #41
HaRoRuleZ
Gundam Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
HOLY MOTHER OF...

Dude.

That's a lot of invested money
If you want to know. That's about 900,000~1,000,000 yen, more than enough to get the whole lines of HG, MG and PG.

Before I die I have to find the right person that deeply understand the true values of my collections then dedicate or sell. Some rare or old items have high values in terms of efforts not prices to acquire them.

Last edited by HaRoRuleZ; 2004-11-06 at 12:08.
HaRoRuleZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 12:04   Link #42
Yuiichi
Retired.

I have only one 1/144 scale model of Wing Gundam from Gundam Wing (ironic titles).

I've had it for around 3 years, and it's still not complete... i want to sand down the rough edges and paint it... i just haven't gotten around to it.

I believe that any model paint available would do a good job. Just take a look in a hobby shop, and they will have paints and brushes. I think there are actual paints for Gundam Models, but normal model paint works great as well (i've seen painted models in those hobby shops)

Good luck with the painting!
Yuiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 12:13   Link #43
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRoRuleZ
If you want to know. That's about 900,000~1,000,000 yen, more than enough to get the whole lines of HG, MG and PG.

Before I die I have to find the right person that deeply understand the true values of my collections then dedicate or sell. Some rare or old items have high values in terms of efforts not prices to acquire them.
Or you can resort to eBay like the chap who had opened an auction for his games collection.

I've pretty much given up on models. No time or energy left; I still have an unopened "Gundam SEED Astray - Blue Frame Second L" that I'd like to get to by 2006 and a kit that will change Calamity into a Sword Calamity to complete.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 14:19   Link #44
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
I stopped building them due to the fact that i gain no benefit from them or money or time. Most of mine are broken :-P

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
F!reStr!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 16:31   Link #45
Evan
天使我爱你

Quote:
1/60 Rick Dom is "Hyper Hybrid Model" not "Perfect Grade." My Char's MS-09RS (limited edition) collapsed and I leaped to save it from hitting the floor during recent earthquake. It weighs 9xx grams, imagine if it were to hit the floor 1 meter below. This model took me 3 weeks to complete, no stickers, no painting.

I still have 6 MGs (3 crystal clear version and 1 coating version) and 1 HG that still see no light of assembling. My recent assembling of 1/400 and 1/144 Meteor Units costed me too much time to spend on simple hand painting of missile pods and engine parts.

Generally I prefer prepaint soft figures because I have no time for construction and painting. I have been colleting 4,000+ figures (2,500+ for Gundam related) so far.
It'll be nice if you show us some pictures of your rare collection of soft figures~
We would love to see some of it!
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 23:21   Link #46
K'9999
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by <EvAnGeLiOn>
It'll be nice if you show us some pictures of your rare collection of soft figures~
Right, how about some painted model and some paints if you had painted. I want to paint, but I need some recommendation such as tools and paints (is that ok just using some regular art course paints? and where can I buy?) I live in USA.
K'9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 00:59   Link #47
Talesweaving
Bonta-Kun SWAT Team

1/100 Wing Gundam
1/100 Strike Gundam
1/144 Hydra Gundam
1/144 Wing Gundam
1/144 Sandrock
1/144 HeavyArms Custom
1/144 Wing Zero Gundam

Most of them were gifts... I don't really buy models.
Talesweaving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 12:17   Link #48
SlugZilla
woofles

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'9999
Right, how about some painted model and some paints if you had painted. I want to paint, but I need some recommendation such as tools and paints (is that ok just using some regular art course paints? and where can I buy?) I live in USA.
ANY modelling paint is fine, anything usually. They usually come in very small containers, and you can buy them at a hobby shop. Buy Testors or Tamiya paints they sell them anywhere. I recommend the sprays too for coloring stems neatly all at once.
And don't ever use art course paint.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 14:52   Link #49
K'9999
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlugZilla
ANY modelling paint is fine, anything usually. They usually come in very small containers, and you can buy them at a hobby shop. Buy Testors or Tamiya paints they sell them anywhere. I recommend the sprays too for coloring stems neatly all at once.
And don't ever use art course paint.
Do I need some or specific tools for using Testors or Tamiya paints? If so, where....
K'9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 16:02   Link #50
HaRoRuleZ
Gundam Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by <EvAnGeLiOn>
As you know I am leaving Japan, I am packing my stuff everyday. All non-gashapon models are almost completely packed. When I pack gashapon models maybe I can pile them up to create a mountain of 3,300+ gashapon models for taking a shot. The shipment of my stuff will cost 300,000~400,000 yen and that is a big hit I have to hold off the purchase of new releases.

Early releases of MS Selection Series and SD Gundam Full Color are rare (in terms of production numbers they are not rare but they are rare to find in present days) and cost a lot of money to get them. Early releases of Ultraman and Masked Rider are rare too and I love the monsters so much. I have no time and ability to paint things to that level. If you love collecting soft figures and you want to collect gashapons and trading figures you are bound to investing a lot of money to finish a set of them. I usually have 30-50 pieces of 100-yen coins ready for gashapon dispensers. There is slim chance to know which figure I will get from a dispenser (depending on the dispenser model and the number of gashapons left in that dispenser) and I have to wander around several dispensers at different stores to see whether a particular figure I want is about to be dispensed or at least the next or next next one and that needs efforts, patience, and money too. There are shops that sell some complete sets of gashapon figures at their face prices plus additional VAT but their choices of set are limited and in that case I can save some money and use it to get others sets that are available only from the dispensers.

As for Gundam trading figures (e.g. Hyper Gundam, Gashapon EX Series, Gundam Mini Figure Selection, Gundam Collection 1/400 Image Scale, G Sight 1/350 Scale, Gundam Swing, SEED Heroines, SEED Chara Puchi, Haro Kore, Gundam Sharpener Collection, SEED Sharpener EX Collection, Gundam/Zeta Gundam/SEED/SEED DESTINY Chess Piece Collection, etc.) they are in boxes or metallic coated plastic bags (Gundam Mini Figure Collection). Only sense of your hands can roughly differentiate them by weighing or groping them. To defeat this I used to carrying a digital balance around to weigh them. Some stores do not allow me to weigh and what the problem it is my money and is up to me to get the boxs or bags I want . They are close-minded. See, it needs efforts to get a particular trading figure to complete a set with little money possible. Another way to complete a set of particular trading figures is to buy a big box and in that case I will get mostly two sets of them or merely two sets with a secret (e.g. Hyper Gundam, Gashapon EX Series, SEED Heroines) or a complete set with an additional set of variation figures (e.g. G Sight 1/350 Scale, Gundam Head) or partial set (e.g. Gundam Collection 1/400 Image Scale, Gundam Sharpener Collection, SEED Sharpener EX Collection, Gundam Mini Figure Selection) or a complete set or almost a complet set with a secret item (e.g. Haro Kore, Gundam Swing, Haro Cap). Some hobby shops sell each complete set of trading figures at high price.

Each volume of Gundam Collection 1/400 image scale (volume 1-9 and DX) has up to three rare items, some variations, and sometimes two premiere items. Each set of Gundam Mini Figure Selection has two rare color items, a secret item, and a super rare color item. My succesful rate to get super rare color item is by far only 0.0060 %.

I usually do not drink soft drink. In this year prior to the release of Pepsi 25th Anniversary Memorial Gundam Bottle Cap Collection in August I remembered drinking only 1.5 liters of cola but playing with this collection I ended up buying 70 bottles of 500 ml Pepsi (35 liters). Finishing 35 liters of cola was painful to my stomach though . This year I got 8 secret items after searching through hundreds of bottles . Spending xx minutes or an hour searching through several dozens of bottles to get some items was a kind of adventure. Last year I bought 73 bottles but got zero secret item . I only bought 19 bottles (available for only 1 liter bottle) in 2002.

Banpresto Gundam products are prize items not for sales and principlely available for game machines such as UFO Catchers (you control a claw to catch them) but some hobby shops sell them at their own determined prices. Getting Banpresto Gundam items needs a lot of money and efforts. Some game centers set the claws too weak too get an item regardless of how hard and how many times you try. Blindly playing them will drain your 100-yen coins away.
Old 2004-11-07, 16:25   Link #51
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Quote:
As you know I am leaving Japan, I am packing my stuff everyday...

This needs to be backed up by photos...I'm willing to wait a few months for you to unpack and setup
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 17:15   Link #52
SlugZilla
woofles

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'9999
Do I need some or specific tools for using Testors or Tamiya paints? If so, where....
Not really just use a brush that is small enough. You can airbrush with those paints but you need an airbrush set and a thinner(google if you want more info). I use only spray paint on mine.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 00:52   Link #53
LynnieS

Quote:
As you know I am leaving Japan, I am packing my stuff everyday. All non-gashapon models are almost completely packed. When I pack gashapon models maybe I can pile them up to create a mountain of 3,300+ gashapon models for taking a shot. The shipment of my stuff will cost 300,000~400,000 yen and that is a big hit I have to hold off the purchase of new releases.
Your company isn't paying for the shipping of your household stuff to your new location? Oi; that's rough.

Quote:
If you love collecting soft figures and you want to collect gashapons and trading figures you are bound to investing a lot of money to finish a set of them. I usually have 30-50 pieces of 100-yen coins ready for gashapon dispensers. There is slim chance to know which figure I will get from a dispenser (depending on the dispenser model and the number of gashapons left in that dispenser) and I have to wander around several dispensers at different stores to see whether a particular figure I want is about to be dispensed or at least the next or next next one and that needs efforts, patience, and money too. There are shops that sell some complete sets of gashapon figures at their face prices plus additional VAT but their choices of set are limited and in that case I can save some money and use it to get others sets that are available only from the dispensers.
Yup, the dispensers are tough to look into to see what would come out next if the one you're trying to use is even somewhat full. The capsules' bottom half, being colored, makes it tougher since you have to move around to try and see what's actually inside.

What do you do, BTW, with the extra copies of figures and gashapons? Keep them, give them away, or sell them to the stores? Someone must provide them to the stores so people (like me for example) can buy them.

Still need to find the last two "Mai HiME" gashapons for my collection also...

Quote:
Each volume of Gundam Collection 1/400 image scale (volume 1-9 and DX) has up to three rare items, some variations, and sometimes two premiere items. Each set of Gundam Mini Figure Selection has two rare color items, a secret item, and a super rare color item. My succesful rate to get super rare color item is by far only 0.0060 %.
You have actually calculated your success rate?!

Old 2004-11-08, 07:53   Link #54
Evan
天使我爱你

Quote:
As for Gundam trading figures (e.g. Hyper Gundam, Gashapon EX Series, Gundam Mini Figure Selection, Gundam Collection 1/400 Image Scale, G Sight 1/350 Scale, Gundam Swing, SEED Heroines, SEED Chara Puchi, Haro Kore, Gundam Sharpener Collection, SEED Sharpener EX Collection, Gundam/Zeta Gundam/SEED/SEED DESTINY Chess Piece Collection, etc.) they are in boxes or metallic coated plastic bags (Gundam Mini Figure Collection). Only sense of your hands can roughly differentiate them by weighing or groping them. To defeat this I used to carrying a digital balance around to weigh them. Some stores do not allow me to weigh and what the problem it is my money and is up to me to get the boxs or bags I want . They are close-minded. See, it needs efforts to get a particular trading figure to complete a set with little money possible. Another way to complete a set of particular trading figures is to buy a big box and in that case I will get mostly two sets of them or merely two sets with a secret (e.g. Hyper Gundam, Gashapon EX Series, SEED Heroines) or a complete set with an additional set of variation figures (e.g. G Sight 1/350 Scale, Gundam Head) or partial set (e.g. Gundam Collection 1/400 Image Scale, Gundam Sharpener Collection, SEED Sharpener EX Collection, Gundam Mini Figure Selection) or a complete set or almost a complet set with a secret item (e.g. Haro Kore, Gundam Swing, Haro Cap). Some hobby shops sell each complete set of trading figures at high price.
Great collection there!! Really hope to see more once you settle down~ I do collect the heroine series XD
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 04:39   Link #55
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Perfect Grade Strike Anyone Got It Yet ?

Check out the Chrome !

HLJ already has stocks flown in.
So what are the rich fan boys waiting for ?

Bandai gonna pwnz you guys by releasing a PG Aile,Sword,Launcher and IWSP Pack next !
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 05:09   Link #56
LynnieS

I'm waiting for the Perfect Grade version of the Astray mecha that can be turned into Red, Blue, or Gold.

Oh, wait. There doesn't seem to be one planned...

The Perfect Grade GP01 mecha, though, is on my wishlist. What a monster!

Old 2004-11-19, 05:09   Link #57
KKND_KING
Mech User

That Thing Is Bad Ass
KKND_KING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 08:14   Link #58
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

That and the Freedom are both on my wishlist...soon...very soon... (but way behind in homework this semester and I'll likely wait because the moment I get those I'm gonna be building em )
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 09:05   Link #59
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Oh shit, all those panels can expand/open...and I like that badass blade more than any beam saber.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 09:46   Link #60
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Nah, I don't like it. Really, what would you prefer, a beam sword or a metal sword when swinging at a big hunk of junk? :P

The rest of it is nice, great level of detail (well, it's a PG...) and it looks as though it's based on the Akutsu design right before Okawara's animation clean-up.

I'm not too keen on the shield though, what's the point of having a broken shield? :P
srb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy