AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-05-14, 01:45   Link #101
LaSean

SEED and SEED Destiny are the worst ones to me. I tried to give them a chance when they first aired and I tried to give it another chance last year but I still hate them. SEED killed Gundam for me until 2010 which when I gave 00 another chance and I fell in love with Gundam again.

I hate SEED and Destiny but I really like SEED Stargazer....wish there was more of stargazer.
LaSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 02:10   Link #102
ingram1106

Definitely Turn-A Gundam. I just hate the mech designs and I think it has a terrible plot. And G-Savior is worst there is. It was total failure.
ingram1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 03:47   Link #103
FalsePrime

I'm weird in that I don't think any Gundam is very good when it comes to story or characters for that matter. There are a select few characters that I think are amazing across the all the various series but as a whole I don't rate any of them highly for either of these reasons.

That said the ones lowest to me are.

Gundam SEED Destiny - The first half actually, I'm one of the few that actually liked it a little more when Kira showed up just so it would cut away more from Shinn's annoying ass. Didn't like it to much even then but it did get much better to me when the ending battle happened.

The Movie retelling of this series was much better because they were forced to cut alot of shit.

Zeta - I hate Kamille, in fact to me Kamille is what Judau is to most people. Char steals this show in my mind.

OO - OO Raiser is cool but the characters/story/Mech designs are garbge outside of it. Weirdly not a fan of Exia even though it seems like most people I know are.

All the rest I've either liked design's or it had a character or two I liked.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 10:13   Link #104
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Mobile Suit 0079 boring and lame. I found the cast and story much better in Zeta. Way things are now I have little hope of The Origins being any good.

Seed Destiny should have done what Zeta did made Kira and certain characters becoming supporting characters instead of stealing that protag status from Shinn and his crew halfway through the series.

Thats it.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 13:28   Link #105
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post
Way things are now I have little hope of The Origins being any good.
What's the "way things are now"?
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 16:07   Link #106
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Have you read some of the manga at least? I can assure you it's really good.
Old 2012-05-14, 21:56   Link #107
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

The Origins is more of a slight re-telling of Mobile Suit Gundam, but IMO, a slightly more "realistic" fashion, like with the design of the Guntank and Guncannon (which definitely shows their earlier Mobile Suit design phases compared to the Gundam). Also some slight differences like the Federation already having the Guntank and Guncannon working and not just bunched together with the Gundam as new prototypes being fielded. They're actually considered antiques by the time the Gundam appears, not much better than the Zaku II.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 00:38   Link #108
JC...
I am a Pie

And this affects the quality of the work... how?
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 00:41   Link #109
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Only Gundam G. I find the Shining Finger and Darkness finger thing a litttle bit ridiculous. But I manage to finish. I give a passing score though. Its still a gundam show. Hey, Rain is hot.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 01:20   Link #110
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

I like all gundam series even though I haven't watched it all except gundam seed destiny.(i actually like seed)

I realized the reason why Kio sucks as of this moment is because unlike flit and asemu, he doesn't have a badass ally named woolf!
gundamdrawer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 05:35   Link #111
JediNight
キズランダム

I've never actually watched MSG yet, but I did enjoy Zeta. I guess it didn't age as well, since I didn't find it all that amazing, but it was good.

Wing was the first Gundam I watched, although I was mostly ambivalent to it. It was decent, but I liked to pan it for the over-used stock footage and ridiculous characters.

Turn-A I didn't watch for a number of years after it came out, because the thought of a thousand year old Gundam held together by spit and duct tape seemed stupid. But after finally giving it a chance, by the end of it it's probably my favorite of all the Gundam shows. It has a very... 80s feel? To the storytelling. But that ending and how it wraps stuff up was just such a powerful message IMHO.

Seed I thought was pretty entertaining. Destiny was just a terrible trainwreck. The first 10 eps or so were halfway passable, but it just got worse and worse after that point. (Resetting the character development on Athrun/Cagalli even at the start was lame...)

Gundam00 S1 was pretty amazing IMHO. You had some pretty solid tactics, some meaningful deaths, etc. S2 dragged on a little too long, and kept around a number of characters for no real reason that should have been written out. Don't get me started on how bad the movie was though...

Gundam AGE so far seems to be a show without an audience. Its failed to gather an audience with children like it wanted, but then the juvenile plot with holes and motivations so lacking you can fly a Gundam through them have also hurt it with adults. (Averaging about 2k sales per volume. 00 did something like 25-30k. Seed was of course 70k range)
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 07:04   Link #112
atilim
Knightmare

It's been a long time but I remember the final fight scene in G Gundam where the main character and his love intrest starting to scream love love power or something.

The show itself was stupid it was like Real Robot becomes Super Robot piloted by Dragonball characters.
atilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 05:43   Link #113
Zulu Keita

I personally dislike Turn A and Victory Gundam series the most... Im not gonna go into it....
Zulu Keita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 18:06   Link #114
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Zeta Gundam was good to me but the last episodes just felt dumb. Four "dying twice", Kamille's "sister" having the same story as Four (so Four actually dies three times), ridiculous ways to die such as a guy crashing with an asteroid (...). Also the final battle felt more like Star Wars than Gundam. Kamille starts talking with about 8 ghosts and all of them somehow increase the power of the Gundam. A second before dying Scirocco remembers he has the power to mindrape any pilot and uses it on Kamille (genius!). Thankfully, the movies fixed most of my problems.

On a sidenote, Char's Counterattack was even worse to me. After 93 episodes of character development, Char becomes one of the most naive villains ever intending terrorism and genocide just for the sake of psychic powers for mankind. I would have forgiven him if he would have not given Amuro weapons to fight. -_- That's just Dragon Ball intelligence Char... Then the supporting characters fail even more than the ones from the UC trilogy to the point I wondered why did Amuro and Char even thought it was letting them fight correct. If the ending of Zeta was Star Wars then CCA's ending was Dragon Ball as Amuro somehow makes the Spirit Bomb with Nu to push Axis.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 19:49   Link #115
Soaring Griffin

I didn't like Zeta Gundam that much. There were some things I liked, but also a lot of things I didn't like (like the poster above me pointed out) and at the end I was just disappointed.

I also didn't like Wing much either, It felt like they were trying to do too much in 49 episodes that it felt like it either wasn't executed well or it wasn't properly explained so I didn't know what the heck is going on.
Soaring Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 21:08   Link #116
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soaring Griffin View Post
I didn't like Zeta Gundam that much. There were some things I liked, but also a lot of things I didn't like (like the poster above me pointed out) and at the end I was just disappointed.

I also didn't like Wing much either, It felt like they were trying to do too much in 49 episodes that it felt like it either wasn't executed well or it wasn't properly explained so I didn't know what the heck is going on.
Yeah, in terms of Wing and most other AUs, I felt the character and plot development was pretty poor overall. A lot of AU series I find myself only liking the music and most MS designs. Of course, some girls for eye-candy wasn't bad either, lol.
Old 2013-01-06, 02:32   Link #117
Soaring Griffin

I disagree about the AUs character and plot development being bad, or at least with the ones I've seen so far. Seed was awesome (Destiny had issues though I don't consider it nearly as bad as most people do), 00 was good though had some flaws, and I'm 3/4 the way through X and it's pretty solid so far. I know what's going on in those shows and what the characters are fighting for but Wing doesn't give me a chance to absorb what's going on or understand what the characters are doing so I'm left confused.
Soaring Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 09:18   Link #118
Destined_Fate

Turn A, I hated the ending. Also Turn A Gundam looks really dumb.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 15:00   Link #119
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

I only liked G Gundam (yes, I like G Gundam), Gundam X (wish it wasn't cut short), and Turn A Gundam out of the AUs. 00 had a lot of promise earlier on, but late Season 1 and Season 2 just...eh...same with AGE. I liked it earlier on with Flit's Arc, but as it got about mid-way into Asemu's Arc, it went down a bit, but Kio's Arc just...ugh...
Old 2013-01-12, 23:44   Link #120
X207
Gamyūsa

Seed was the first series i saw and i still like it alot. Destiny not so much. i like nearly all equally though the ones near the top are 00 se1-2, the movie was good but a bit rushed. i loved Turn A and Wing. Turn A was just so distinct and unique it scored well in my book. Wing is a no brainer, great character dynamics and great plot. Turn X was unique but over decent. the original series is great BC its the first one released. the only one i couldnt stand was G Gundam. there's just something about the pointless screaming scenes that makes it weird.

AGE was a good series but i liked it more for character progression rather than the fighting scenes.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote