AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 25 22.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 44 40.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 19.27%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 8.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.83%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.92%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-31, 21:57   Link #141
PonSquared
A Very Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukiyomi View Post
Props to this episode for historically being the first to show the micronization process actually taking place!

Oh! Is that so? I didn't think I had ever seen it done before (except for not watching Macross 7 - no loss there !) Interesting to see how they just sort of *poof* from one size to the other. I assume that was a sped-up process but it was still kinda cool to watch. Here I was thinking that it reforms you layer by layer but apperently all it takes is magical liquidly poof.
Old 2008-05-31, 22:12   Link #142
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
It may be superior but he got owned quite badly by Alto...
Eh? Alto could barely hold the V-27 back. He needed back up from Michel to "beat" Brera. I had the feeling that if Michel had not been there Alto would have ultimately lost. But then again, we haven't seen enough of the V-27 in a truly serious fight.
Old 2008-05-31, 23:56   Link #143
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Eh? Alto could barely hold the V-27 back. He needed back up from Michel to "beat" Brera. I had the feeling that if Michel had not been there Alto would have ultimately lost. But then again, we haven't seen enough of the V-27 in a truly serious fight.
Yeah, it's not like Klan made a contribution at all in that fight.
Old 2008-06-01, 00:37   Link #144
ReddyRedWolf

Due to slow internets I just managed to download.

I know Brera Stern's seiyuu is the same one of Kira Yamato but looking aloof and stalking Ranka with that drafty outfit reminds me of Hosaka sempai of Minami-ke.

It's like "Look at me I'm mysterious and sexy". lol
Old 2008-06-01, 01:25   Link #145
.Mero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtjr26 View Post
About Mikhail and Klan. To me it looks like there is a mutual attraction there but the whole micloned size difference, probably creeps him out a bit and he uses that frustration to tease Klan. Klan mabey plays along, again to exercise off some of that frustration. While it hasn't been shown been shown if Mikhail can be macloned yet, (mabey he turns out much smaller than Klan, which would wound most guys pride) it looks like Klan is several years older that Mikhail, and perhaps she remembers enough of the boy that was her friend, to wait for the boy to become a man (he is after all still in high school, and people high school aged are stupid for the most part where matters of the heart are concerned).

Oh one more pet theory about Mikhail, is he goes after the older mature women because he wants Klan, but she is unattainable at the moment so he settles for something similar.
Don't think Klein is that much older to be honest, in episode Star Date when Alto and Sheryl visit the Macron Mall, they run into Klein Klan when Sheryl starts writing lyrics on the giant panties, The clothing she wears there looks kinda like a school uniform to me. (could also be wishfull thinking afcourse )

Also the flashback from Klein with her holding a swing with Mikhail on it they seem to be about the same age if you ask me.

As far as VF25 vs VF27 Mikhail sniped off the head of Brera, thats the only reason Brera chose to pull back and take out the nest from long range.

He didnt get his ass handed to him by alto. not convincing at least.
Old 2008-06-01, 02:12   Link #146
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Looking at the picture of giant loli KK and thinking back to her comment to Mikhail in ep7, I'm wondering how it's even possible for anyone to miss a giant the size of a small apartment building [with big hair to boot]. No wonder she keeps ribbing him on it.

Considering the time scale since the coming of the human-zent hybrids, I'd say that Mikhail may be a 3rd generation [or 1/8 zentradi] with sufficient genetic dilution for male and female children to be born to the parents. It use to be set up that the children have to follow the sex of the zent/melt parent. Could also be why he isn't in macro form, too far removed from the template.

The parents have to be quite young though, like late teens in order to have a 3rd generation in less than 60 years. Who knows, discovering culture and facing extinction has likely made society rather frisky.
Old 2008-06-01, 02:13   Link #147
cerrian

I was taking a closer look at the battle sequences and I noticed a few things. First, it sucks that they decided to recycle some of the battle footage from ep 7. Fortunately for us the frequency of reused scenes is nowhere near the level of Macross 7.

Second point, I noticed that they slowed down the transformation scenes. The VFs no longer transform instantaneously, now they take only 1/1000 of a sec to transform. It's quite noticeable when compared to the other episodes.

There's also the transformation scene at 05:13 that has some pretty cool detail. Notice how Alto's gunpod is ejected as his VF transforms into battleroid mode. It literally happens in only a handful of frames, probably no more than a 1/10 of a sec. Impressive that they included that since most audiences would never even notice it.
Old 2008-06-01, 05:27   Link #148
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
why is every sniper a womanizer? First it is Kruz from FMP, now it is Michel
Lockon Stratos wasn't much of a womaniser. And Yoko Ritona manages to totally avoid being one as well.

In the long run we'll see if Michel is just a flirt like Kurtz.
Old 2008-06-01, 05:29   Link #149
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Yeah, it's not like Klan made a contribution at all in that fight.
Did you guys see the same episode as me?!?
Alto made one of the VF-27's legs going boom, all on his own. It's quite a remarkable achievement imho, considering how much superior the VF-27 is!!!
Old 2008-06-01, 05:37   Link #150
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdlc View Post
Err, I think the ep was the worst animation in the series. Well, to each his own.
Wow. Sorry, but I almost think you might not have eyes because even the most mundane scenes were pretty well animated. Almost as good as they came. I can't possibly see how you would think it was the 'worst'. Unless it's because I pointed out the foreign names and they magically makes it the 'worst'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
why is every sniper a womanizer? First it is Kruz from FMP, now it is Michel

Nice back story/character development eps for Michel. Were his parent in the army too since him and his sister were standing in front of a grave, and only army decreased personnel has the privilege to be buried ?
Sounds likely to me. And who knows? Maybe the staff for Frontier got a hint from FMP for the whole womanizer part.

Quote:
yeah, battle in space does not always near an asteroid fields...
You would think they'd have some sort of space stabilizers or have something within the VF unit itself.

Quote:
nice spot about the Vietnamese names at the end. You have nice eagle eyes @_@. I usually fast forward to the preview. There is no dot between the name and PHAM HONG QHAN should be PHAM HONG QUAN

As a Vietnamese I am quite proud to see my fellow countrymen help to create this series, and this is the 2nd anime series (after Heroic Age) that has Vietnamese name in the credit section. The animation industry in Vietnam is still in its infant stage so this is a very encouraging sign .
Heroic Age had pretty clean and nice animation too and I'm sure there are a few other smaller parts Vietnamese crews have worked on.

Seriously, it feels like Frontier is a multi-national effort with the Chinese, Korean, Japanese and Vietnamese names all mixed in.
Old 2008-06-01, 07:05   Link #151
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
yeah, have to admit the animation quality was very noticeable.

It's a shame that series like Code Geass never seem to drop or reuse footage, but then again it's not a space opera.

in all, this was another character development episode and it's welcomed, however this doesn't stop it being distracting.

Hopefully this will slightly more smoother in animation flow, so that the quality of the animation doesn't keep jumping up & down at every odd episode.
Old 2008-06-01, 08:05   Link #152
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post

You would think they'd have some sort of space stabilizers or have something within the VF unit itself.
Even Koenig Monster doesnt have it, i doubt VF would have one itself.

Anchoring itself behind an object for cover is definitely better than floating in open space. Mikhail did fire a few times before without being anchored to any object but since it's their sniper, most of them they would operate from cover (asteroid, friendly ships) such as the KM would.
Old 2008-06-01, 10:05   Link #153
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Did you guys see the same episode as me?!?
Alto made one of the VF-27's legs going boom, all on his own. It's quite a remarkable achievement imho, considering how much superior the VF-27 is!!!
Believe it or not, Klan did most of the work wearing the VF-27 down. They use something that's akin to general purpose Phase-shift armor. Makes them really tough, but if you hit them enough times, it'll wear out and that's when the structure starts to take the beating.

Notice how Klan took a number of hits without any damage, but sponateously one made her entire suit explode.
Old 2008-06-01, 10:25   Link #154
ReddyRedWolf

On that it seems to me that the VF-27 of Brera has a limited barrier field.

Not a pin point barrier like the VF-19 Excalibur but an entire field.

Which could explain the glowiness.

But like the original SDF-1 it is choice of total defense to total offense.

He's packing a mini-Macross cannon.

That must mean he has one hell of reactor under the hood.

On the mecha bitch slap Mikhail being so emote with his VF is because of his Ex-gear.

But it appears to me the downside of an ex-gear is feedback.

Mikhail may have actually felt the slap.
Old 2008-06-01, 10:30   Link #155
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
yup. nothing like a giant women bitch slapping you.
lol. for giant zentradi baby.

haruhi, i love meltrandi.

Old 2008-06-01, 11:16   Link #156
cerrian

Quote:
Believe it or not, Klan did most of the work wearing the VF-27 down. They use something that's akin to general purpose Phase-shift armor. Makes them really tough, but if you hit them enough times, it'll wear out and that's when the structure starts to take the beating.

Notice how Klan took a number of hits without any damage, but sponateously one made her entire suit explode.
It's actually pretty difficult to see how much damage she takes. From what I am able to tell, she takes a glancing hit to the shoulder early on in the engagement then she loses a foot after blowing up the asteroid. Klan loses one arm first and the another arm spins off when she absorbs the rapid fire volleys from Beara. It happens real quickly, but you can actually see both arms break off in a cloud of debris if you watch the scene in slow motion.

Based on Klan's wreckage, the only thing I couldn't account for was the loss of her left leg. I guess that one can be attributed to when she went boom.

Kudos to the production team for animating the wreckage to reflect the damage Klan took during her fight.

edit - on the topic of how much damage Beara took from Klan, it looks like she didn't land a single shot on him. The closest Klan got to hitting him was when her shot blew up the asteroid. From what we are shown, the best we can say is that Beara took little to no damage from the asteroid blast. So I guess we have to give the princess credit for giving the VF-27 quite a beating.

Last edited by cerrian; 2008-06-01 at 11:31.
Old 2008-06-01, 15:19   Link #157
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:

We should also keep in mind Brera's rifle appears to be insanely powerful. It's actually amazing that Alto wasn't blown away back in episode 7 (though Brera could have been using a different gun then....I think)

Brera's mech is damn cool. It's so lightweight and fast yet it carrries a huge rifle (wierd awesome combination )

One crazy B****
Old 2008-06-01, 15:56   Link #158
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post
We should also keep in mind Brera's rifle appears to be insanely powerful. It's actually amazing that Alto wasn't blown away back in episode 7 (though Brera could have been using a different gun then....I think)

Brera's mech is damn cool. It's so lightweight and fast yet it carrries a huge rifle (wierd awesome combination )
I think the VF-27s Gunpod has multiple modes of fire I'm pretty sure I saw it firing regular gunpod shots in episode 9, but then it also seems to be capable of firing energy shots at varying strengths.
Old 2008-06-01, 17:06   Link #159
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

They say criticism gives room to discussion. This is the only post I found in 8 pages that has more to reply, yet no one does. So I quoted it from page 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Spoiler for sake of spoiler tagging:
Well violence does not solve problems, its a good thing Alto doesn't retaliate too much. When you land a fist on someone, you've already lost the argument.

I don't see how Ranka has no backbone. She's working hard towards her goals and she's doing it with her own efforts. You don't see singers selling vegetables or giving out their music on the streets like that, no one would or dare to do such. No one would want to be placed in such embarrassing situations.

And why is she in such a pathetic situation? Producer's fault? lol

He mentioned himself that he already tried the internet and everything about Ranka was hacked and deleted immediately. Have you forgotten that Leon is observing Ranka?

Just last episode he ordered a cancelling of Ranka's performance on tv. He doesn't want Ranka to be famous, he suspects Ranka's song or even herself to be the reason why Vajra is attacking Frontier. Leon has surveilance keeping an eye on her progress and is actively going against her. That is why his producer has been giving her pathetic jobs, not that he doesn't know what he is doing. All the interviews, performances, internet promotions and other efforts have been put to waste by Leon. Probably another reason for people to hate Leon more.

Well, her little stage is just what you get from small event organisers. It doesn't look too bad to me.

And for the guitarist, like someone else on this thread, Nekki Basara came immediately to my mind. I almost had a heart attack waiting for his face to be revealed. I would go insane if he actually appeared in this show. I'm interested in what he was playing as well, but I'm not comparing it to Ranka's song. If I'm not wrong its the 2nd song in Ranka's single thats coming up, until we hear the full song I don't think its bad or really good.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-06-01, 17:21   Link #160
cerrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Just last episode he ordered a cancelling of Ranka's performance on tv. He doesn't want Ranka to be famous, he suspects Ranka's song or even herself to be the reason why Vajra is attacking Frontier. Leon has surveilance keeping an eye on her progress and is actively going against her. That is why his producer has been giving her pathetic jobs, not that he doesn't know what he is doing. All the interviews, performances, internet promotions and other efforts have been put to waste by Leon. Probably another reason for people to hate Leon more.
How do you guys come to the conclusion that Leon is actively taking measures against Ranka and that he's responsible not only for her losing out the Miss Macross crown, but also for canceling her performance on the tv show?

I've yet to see Leon do anything that makes him a scumbag...except for banging Cathy. All we've been shown so far is that he is interested in Ranka and has his subordinates actively monitoring her.
Closed Thread