Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-09, 14:52   Link #2021
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
What's up with all of these studios dropping out of bringing in second seasons? K and Magi got shafted for another season as well and their makers are going to movies instead.

Not that I'm complaining...just curious. And it seems weird.
The movie's a recap of the first season with some scenes added in. The second season is still planed and will come to tv screens eventually.
Old 2013-06-09, 16:58   Link #2022
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Oh. I see....

My mistake.
Old 2013-06-09, 22:47   Link #2023
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

What if the K-ON girls hooked up with the Free! boys?

Old 2013-06-09, 23:24   Link #2024
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post

You just blew my mind.

Now I know I'll waste a bunch of time idly thinking of possible pairings.
Old 2013-06-10, 03:07   Link #2025
thirdlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by thieftheodore View Post
New K-ON! illustration in this month's Animedia...
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
that pic clearly show the cast in the club room with only azusa wearing uniform...

new hope for new season of k-on???
I'll use this opportunity to say something about artworks which appear in magazines. "Who does what in what kind of composition" is decided by a magazine editor. They even draw and send a rough sketch to an animation studio. It's wrong to assume animation studios or production committees suggest something by artworks in magazines. (Of course there are artworks published by a production committee to suggest something. But the above picture isn't the case.)
Old 2013-06-10, 03:24   Link #2026
cyth
Banned

Are you saying that animation studios will never ever make suggestions to magazine editors--as to what kind of illustrations they should put in their magazines--because there's some kind of rule to their relationships? I find that hard to believe.
Old 2013-06-10, 09:28   Link #2027
kyouray
2D > 3D

ultimatemegax wrote a detailed post about it and that includes Animedia.
Old 2013-06-10, 12:47   Link #2028
cyth
Banned

It doesn't exactly address my doubts about his claim. The interview actually suggests that marketing corrections are completely feasible due to the long time it takes to complete them.
Old 2013-06-10, 16:53   Link #2029
kyouray
2D > 3D

I understand from that post these magazines illustrations are only editors requests.
Animation studios suggest things via the first rough sketch I guess but it has to respect the request. Maybe I misunderstood.
Old 2013-06-11, 00:59   Link #2030
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger View Post
You just blew my mind.

Now I know I'll waste a bunch of time idly thinking of possible pairings.
Any pairing involving Yui will drop one's IQ by miles...
Old 2013-06-11, 01:54   Link #2031
thirdlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
Are you saying that animation studios will never ever make suggestions to magazine editors--as to what kind of illustrations they should put in their magazines--because there's some kind of rule to their relationships? I find that hard to believe.
I'm not sure I can go that far to say such a strong negation, but I haven't heard that they make any suggestions to magazine editors about illustrations. Production committees can reject editors' requests if they see problems with the requests. You might be able to take it as a "suggestion" if you want to.
Old 2013-06-11, 02:13   Link #2032
cyth
Banned

Then again, these people, the magazine staffs and production staffs are essentially business partners. I don't see why it's wrong to think they have a mutually beneficial relationship. Just because they haven't disclosed anything more than what they have written? Sometimes, relying on common sense is better than relying on magazine interviews where involved parties can say anything to make them more palatable. That whole interview was to say "we put a lot of work into illustrations" in a way that makes the whole process of illustration publishing come off as magical. It wasn't their intention to disclose the way they do business, their intention was to entertain the readers.

If they wanted to create some buzz and speculation, or just looking for feedback for a possible upcoming K-ON! anime, this was the way to do it.
Old 2013-06-12, 03:21   Link #2033
thirdlc

Quote:
Then again, these people, the magazine staffs and production staffs are essentially business partners. I don't see why it's wrong to think they have a mutually beneficial relationship. Just because they haven't disclosed anything more than what they have written? Sometimes, relying on common sense is better than relying on magazine interviews where involved parties can say anything to make them more palatable. That whole interview was to say "we put a lot of work into illustrations" in a way that makes the whole process of illustration publishing come off as magical. It wasn't their intention to disclose the way they do business, their intention was to entertain the readers.

If they wanted to create some buzz and speculation, or just looking for feedback for a possible upcoming K-ON! anime, this was the way to do it.
Magazine editors know their own readers' taste better than animation studios do. Therefore the editors decide what kind of illustrations are put into their magazine. It totally makes sense and there is nothing funny about it. Don't you agree it's common sense once you put aside the bias that there must be animation studios' suggestions behind artworks in magazines?

I guess you question why K~ON now. The picture shows K-ON won the 4th place in Animedia's best anime reader poll, which is held every year.
Old 2013-06-12, 07:29   Link #2034
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdlc View Post
Don't you agree it's common sense once you put aside the bias that there must be animation studios' suggestions behind artworks in magazines?
That's funny, because I could accuse you of bias in the same manner. I know the proto anime news "club" well enough to say we get hung up on official statements and take them as gospel far too quickly instead of thinking of the back side of things. I'm not saying that there's a new K-ON anime in the works, but I'm not going to dismiss the possibility just because you want us to believe a fan-service-y interview that suggests differently.
Old 2013-06-12, 14:33   Link #2035
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
That's funny, because I could accuse you of bias in the same manner. I know the proto anime news "club" well enough to say we get hung up on official statements and take them as gospel far too quickly instead of thinking of the back side of things. I'm not saying that there's a new K-ON anime in the works, but I'm not going to dismiss the possibility just because you want us to believe a fan-service-y interview that suggests differently.
Until any news about a new K-ON! anime is released, I think it's wiser to stick to the facts, and not let rumors and speculations take over. So far, other than a seemingly misplaced image of the K-ON! cast in an anime magazine, we've had no news whatsoever from KyoAni regarding more K-On! anime, so I'm going to assume they don't have anything planned for quite some time. And seeing what they do have planned for the upcoming seasons, I don't think it'll be happening anytime soon, either. If they're even considering it in the first place.

Of course, it's always possible that they'll change their minds, but right now, no official word = no new K-ON! anime.
Old 2013-06-14, 06:07   Link #2036
rulfo

KyoAni really is ramping up their production line ups.

To think they'd squeeze in something for the movie like that. So now that all of these things are laid out, by the looks of it:

Free -> Chuunibyou S2 -> Kyoukai no Kanata

1 more year till Kyoukai huh....
Old 2013-06-15, 19:02   Link #2037
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post

Mio would run the hell away and anyone who's with Yui would become as dumb as she is.

However, I can see Mugi seducing the Free boys with food. Especially Tachibana and BoyYui. Nanase, Shark Boy and Glasses would be all, 'NO NO GOTTA KEEP FIT'.
Old 2013-06-28, 17:24   Link #2038
cupkeika

Hello,
My name is Keika and I'm new to the AnimeSuki forums.
I'm so glad there is a thread about KyoAni! I am the Kyoto Animation intern from 2002.
If you have any questions about my experience with KyoAni, please feel free to reply to this post or send me a private message.
Thank you!
cupkeika
Old 2013-06-29, 14:15   Link #2039
Warm Mist

I wonder, was there much overtime work when you were an intern?
Old 2013-06-29, 15:34   Link #2040
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupkeika View Post
Hello,
My name is Keika and I'm new to the AnimeSuki forums.
I'm so glad there is a thread about KyoAni! I am the Kyoto Animation intern from 2002.
If you have any questions about my experience with KyoAni, please feel free to reply to this post or send me a private message.
Thank you!
cupkeika
Hello! Nice to meet you. Thanks for coming here!
I guess you learnt animation process and such things but did you learn things specific to KyoAni ?
And are you still in contact with KyoAni folks ?

Tags
studios