Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-11-25, 11:22   Link #23261
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Thanks, dude. Guess I will try it again on my next build
No problem! Just time it right when your going to clean off the excess as you want it to stick into those panel lines and don't worry about leaving too long to dry before cleaning, you can still easily clean it up with the cotton swab without any thinner. But if it really sticks onto the plastic, use a cotton swab with a drop of thinner(not too much as it may end up running along the panel lines and ruining your work) and rub it on to the intended surface then wipe it clean with a cloth, cotton swab/ball or tissue to remove any remaining ink residue.
Old 2011-11-25, 11:47   Link #23262
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post
No problem! Just time it right when your going to clean off the excess as you want it to stick into those panel lines and don't worry about leaving too long to dry before cleaning, you can still easily clean it up with the cotton swab without any thinner. But if it really sticks onto the plastic, use a cotton swab with a drop of thinner(not too much as it may end up running along the panel lines and ruining your work) and rub it on to the intended surface then wipe it clean with a cloth, cotton swab/ball or tissue to remove any remaining ink residue.
Thanks again I will keep that in mind^^
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 22:18   Link #23263
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Alright, caption below the shot of the Banshee's version of Unicorn's Magnum and Shield confirmed that they will be bundled with the HGUC Banshee along with the new armaments. Which is certainly very kind and uncharacteristical of Bandai.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 22:50   Link #23264
bio9205
Reborn

That's awesome news! Maybe the lack of trans-clear parts make the Banshee cheaper than the original Unicorn to produce.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 03:24   Link #23265
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

Alright, caption below the shot of the Banshee's version of Unicorn's Magnum and Shield confirmed that they will be bundled with the HGUC Banshee along with the new armaments. Which is certainly very kind and uncharacteristical of Bandai.
Now I`M surprised! Definitely did not see that coming. Thatīs indeed very uncharacteristical of Bandai O_O
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 03:52   Link #23266
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

A quick examination of the HGUC Unicorns' runners will shed light upon the truth behind Bandai's reasoning :-

It's most likely Bandai is too lazy to remove the branch containing the old weapons from the runners, so they just copy everything wholesale and introduce a new runner containing the new armaments for the HGUC Banshee.

But it's still puzzling as to why not an increment in the pricing with the intorduction of the one extra runner ?
Old 2011-11-26, 06:40   Link #23267
bio9205
Reborn

Well, I'm not complaining. Like I said, could it be that trans-clear parts cost more to make than normal solid ones?
Old 2011-11-26, 07:11   Link #23268
pumpkins

so will the banshee (banshee mode) come with the bazooka or will it come with the rifle? just wondering only, either way i'm happy you get an extra weapon with this kit.
pumpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 07:15   Link #23269
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkins View Post
so will the banshee (banshee mode) come with the bazooka or will it come with the rifle? just wondering only, either way i'm happy you get an extra weapon with this kit.
Officially, in the case for the Banshee, they still refer to it's NT-D mode as the Destroy Mode. And the Bashee NT-D will be packaged with the magnum, same as the Unicorn NT-D.
Old 2011-11-26, 09:01   Link #23270
casval cehack

Not an uncharacteristic goodwill from Bandai at all; they simply can't separate the magnum for the Banshee NT-D since there are no "optional" gates on the Unicorn's NT-D's D plate.

Any translations on the HGUC Juaggu?
Old 2011-11-26, 09:32   Link #23271
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Not an uncharacteristic goodwill from Bandai at all; they simply can't separate the magnum for the Banshee NT-D since there are no "optional" gates on the Unicorn's NT-D's D plate.
It's understandable. But, as I had said, it will appears that at least an additional runner will be required for the Beam Launcher and Claws. With no extra charges at that. What gives ?

Quote:
Any translations on the HGUC Juaggu?
Loosely :-

"We are happy to annouce that the Juaggu who had made an impressional appearance in Ep.4 will be made into a kit. There's no release date yet, however."
Old 2011-11-26, 10:06   Link #23272
pumpkins

Quote:
Officially, in the case for the Banshee, they still refer to it's NT-D mode as the Destroy Mode. And the Bashee NT-D will be packaged with the magnum, same as the Unicorn NT-D.
oh, i was referring to the banshee normal mode, or whatever it is called when the psycoframe is not exposed. just wondering cos for the destroy mode maybe about 3-4 pieces are for the rifle, however for the unicorn mode nearly half of the runner is for the bazooka..seems to be an awful amount of plastic to put Xs over in the manual.

Quote:
It's understandable. But, as I had said, it will appears that at least an additional runner will be required for the Beam Launcher and Claws. With no extra charges at that. What gives ?
it has been done quite a number of times for the hg exia variants.. then it was just extra armor pieces here and there. extra weapons here will be much better
pumpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 12:00   Link #23273
Appel

Quote:
But it's still puzzling as to why not an increment in the pricing with the intorduction of the one extra runner ?
not really. giving us more plastic is still cheaper than designing a new runner or having the molding machine run differently :P
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 16:20   Link #23274
Derringer
Bluefin Distribution
*Scanlator

Quote:

It's most likely Bandai is too lazy to remove the branch containing the old weapons from the runners, so they just copy everything wholesale and introduce a new runner containing the new armaments for the HGUC Banshee.

It's not a matter of laziness but efficiency. The Banshee literally is a Unicorn recolor with a different v fin, mask, and collar. It is cheaper to make a new runner with many new parts separately than it is to try to cookie cutter an existing runner to make the new parts fit and have the same runner count.

As for the price being the same, you have to remember that transparent plastic is pricey compared to normal plastic. The Banshee instead of having translucent plastic has the wonderfully "adored" (or hated) Strike Freedom brown gold. This drops the price, but because of the added parts for the new weapons, the price ends up being the same.

On the other hand the Unicorn mode of Banshee is indeed 100 yen more since a new runner is being added without any changes.
Derringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 16:51   Link #23275
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And later they can always do the Gundam 00 route and release a version of the Unicorn with the translucent plastic.
Old 2011-11-26, 17:32   Link #23276
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derringer View Post
It's not a matter of laziness but efficiency. The Banshee literally is a Unicorn recolor with a different v fin, mask, and collar. It is cheaper to make a new runner with many new parts separately than it is to try to cookie cutter an existing runner to make the new parts fit and have the same runner count.

As for the price being the same, you have to remember that transparent plastic is pricey compared to normal plastic. The Banshee instead of having translucent plastic has the wonderfully "adored" (or hated) Strike Freedom brown gold. This drops the price, but because of the added parts for the new weapons, the price ends up being the same.

On the other hand the Unicorn mode of Banshee is indeed 100 yen more since a new runner is being added without any changes.
Well, it's nice that they had managed to do with an increment in parts with little changes in the pricing.

But think of the possibilities if Bandai had thought way ahead of time here. Something tells me that the changes made to the Banshee was an 11th hour thingie and we might have transparent yellow instead of brown gold if everything was planned from the start.
Old 2011-11-26, 18:29   Link #23277
Derringer
Bluefin Distribution
*Scanlator

I think we still would have had that Strike Freedom/Sangokuden Gold, but a trade off being that we don't get the Unicorn's standard weapons. =/

Bandai seems to think gold=brown gold, which is unfortunate if you don't paint kits and also unfortunate in that the chemical composition of this on ABS plastic is weaker than the normal gray plastic. Anyone who has the MG SF or PG SF knows that those pieces are extremely weak and are prone to wearing away through simple movements.
Derringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 20:34   Link #23278
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derringer View Post
Bandai seems to think gold=brown gold, which is unfortunate if you don't paint kits and also unfortunate in that the chemical composition of this on ABS plastic is weaker than the normal gray plastic. Anyone who has the MG SF or PG SF knows that those pieces are extremely weak and are prone to wearing away through simple movements.
...Yikes. I don't own any kits with that colour, so I wouldn't know. But the brown-gold pieces seem to be scattered amongst the armour, so I guess with the exception of the V-fin, they won't be very prone to breakage.
Old 2011-11-27, 04:58   Link #23279
Exia_00
Gundam Meister

Send a message via MSN to Exia_00 Send a message via Yahoo to Exia_00
Im hoping there is a better finish to the yellow on the banshee, but then again could this be an evil way to boost sales of a "titanium finish" hmmm...
Old 2011-11-27, 07:01   Link #23280
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
i dont think they will be making chrome gold for the pyscho frame for Banshee though...the cost is just top great to make it chrome
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy