AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-07-19, 17:21   Link #81
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So if I got this right, Shingetsu lost her family some time ago and was taken care of by Anna's family, but Anna's mother and sister started loving her so much the mother now wants to formally adopt her, making Anna believe she manipulated them in order to take over the family and rob her of her inheritance. That is some twisted train of thought. I wonder if there's a particular event that made her come to this conclusion or if she's such a crazy bitch.

Not so sure about Mangetsu being OP anymore. Better raw power than the others, sure, but she doesn't seem that much better. Shingetsu and Anna didn't even blink at the flower field, and Anna used a beam attack that was almost as huge as Mangetsu's.

As for Shingetsu's wish, I recall somebody here hit the nail in the head. She wants to erase magic from the world completely.
Old 2019-07-19, 19:16   Link #82
Kitsu Breaker

Shingetsu and Mangetsu relationship is progressing nicely.
Now Elaine hate for Shingetsu is enormous but the serie difficulty will become tragic.

This two girls have the best sax life
FIGHT FOR THE YURI
Kitsu Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-20, 04:15   Link #83
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Not so sure about Mangetsu being OP anymore. Better raw power than the others, sure, but she doesn't seem that much better. Shingetsu and Anna didn't even blink at the flower field, and Anna used a beam attack that was almost as huge as Mangetsu's.
Nah, this is rather typical for these kind of characters. She'll continue to suck untill the moment comes when the writter wants her to win, at which point her greater capacity would be used to justify her win. And then she'll continue to suck. Rinse. Repeat.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-20, 05:40   Link #84
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 3:

The chinese fried rice cooked by Nene looks delicious!!
Well, more food to feed her loli friend.

Now about Nene's mech, it's one of the seriously weak ones. Ji Guan Long is specialized in ranged attacks, but it takes a severely long time to get off even one shot.. and it can't one-hit kill an armanox even if the shot connects with the target. Ernesta's mech only lost an arm after a hit. Nene has better chances if she befriend Mangetsu and Shingetsu. Then when they win, ask them to use the magic to help her mom before erase all magic.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-20, 07:43   Link #85
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

huh, White Lily has Gundam styled Head Vulcan weapons.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-20, 20:28   Link #86
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Nah, this is rather typical for these kind of characters. She'll continue to suck until the moment comes when the writer wants her to win, at which point her greater capacity would be used to justify her win. And then she'll continue to suck. Rinse. Repeat.
Well, they couldn't say she won on skill, could they? I find it very nice this episode showed us everyone's situations.

Besides, if they made her so she was completely overwhelming, people would call her a cheat
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-20, 21:12   Link #87
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Nah, this is rather typical for these kind of characters. She'll continue to suck untill the moment comes when the writter wants her to win, at which point her greater capacity would be used to justify her win. And then she'll continue to suck. Rinse. Repeat.
Except she wasn't even sucking here. Just being at disadvantage like Shingetsu was.

That just sound like an excuse to deny her inherent ability and the win. Point here even here is even she stronger than some of the others it doesn't mean she won't win without putting effort. Having talent does not negate that. It's clear Mangetsu isn't gonna be succeeding purely because she an MC, but she has stronger base and honing that which is how power balance involving powerful novices should be. Will luck factor somewhere along the lines? Yeah but that goes for literally everybody. Shingetsu was lucky an new powerful opponent show when she did or she would have been toast. That is also part of the battle. As far OP MCs go she been handle pretty well hasn't just been cum-stomping everyone no matter what she does.

If gonna use meta as an excuse than all of fiction is like that. Everything at whims of the writer at end of the day.

Last edited by Applehell; 2019-07-20 at 21:52.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-21, 00:41   Link #88
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Mangetsu is slowly getting better with Ernesta as her teacher in armanox piloting.

Forgot to say. The other chinese girl who has a cursed sister.. it seems magic users cannot detect each other easily? Nene was right there and they did not sense each other as magic users.
Old 2019-07-21, 02:02   Link #89
Liddo-kun
is this so?

for anyone who wants. I found the OP with translations.
Uploaded it to an unregistered mediafire account. Will be there for 14 days.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/18lvz4...lm_OP.avi/file

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2019-07-21 at 09:47.
Old 2019-07-21, 09:35   Link #90
Nivek von Beldo

The chapter, yeah the FSN vibes were so strong and the chapter wa sso long...but very well done
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-21, 20:48   Link #91
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
So if I got this right, Shingetsu lost her family some time ago and was taken care of by Anna's family, but Anna's mother and sister started loving her so much the mother now wants to formally adopt her, making Anna believe she manipulated them in order to take over the family and rob her of her inheritance. That is some twisted train of thought. I wonder if there's a particular event that made her come to this conclusion or if she's such a crazy bitch.
Seems more complicated than that. Judging from the way Shingetsu is behaving, something else did happen that Shingetsu didn't intend. The whole thing about the mom and sister seemed to come up this episode when she met them again.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-26, 15:31   Link #92
Nivek von Beldo

Anna is trully mental, and nene have such sad backstory...but she was so forward, i thought she would take advantage she was discarted,
Old 2019-07-26, 18:10   Link #93
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 4:

Nene is good at hiding, but Suishou and the other chinese girl was able to find her armanox. Funny when Nene was spying on Mangetsu house. Yeah, you need some courage when three enemies are around. xD

Suishou is actually scary..

they should just defeat Anna. Her constant screaming is starting to get annoying. ><
why do the little sister likes Shingetsu so much?

looking forward to next week!!
Old 2019-07-26, 18:40   Link #94
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I've rarely seen a character as angry as Anna. She's literally burning with anger. Totally blind to what happens around her as a result, it's so obvious Suishou will be the one to eliminate her.

I wasn't expecting Nene to come forward at the end of the episode. Does she want an alliance too? That would put the girls in a tough position. I hope Mangetsu will get a wish of her own because supporting Shingetsu's (which is weird because she wants to remove what makes Mangetsu stand out) removes the tension.
Old 2019-07-26, 21:11   Link #95
MCAL

Is Yoko Hikasa going to be okay? Between this and singing in Symphogear, I'm afraid she's going to lose her voice or something.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-26, 21:56   Link #96
rladls2121

^Plus she got married, so I doubt if that kind of life is manageable without any issues.
But professionals right, on top of that she is not alone, so.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-27, 14:12   Link #97
magnuskn

Erm, is it just me, or is that crystal thingy the mother of Nene gave her right out of Madoka?
Old 2019-07-27, 14:35   Link #98
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Erm, is it just me, or is that crystal thingy the mother of Nene gave her right out of Madoka?
Because is it, this anime don't hide the homage/inspiration of Madoka, Fate and Nanoha at all
Old 2019-07-27, 14:38   Link #99
magnuskn

Well, that would have some... implications. Especially if Nene said her mom is a witch.
Old 2019-07-27, 15:20   Link #100
rpgman1

Not surprising that Granbelm borrowed elements from Fate, Madoka, and Nanoha. I think at the episode preview they showed Mangetsu having symbol-shaped pupils that look like magic crests. I was like, "Is Mangetsu getting Sharingan too?"
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
female lead, holygrail, magical girl, mecha