AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-05-01, 08:58   Link #1
killer3000ad

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Treyarch is developing it of course since Infinity Ward is pretty much dead. And out so soon as well, November 2010, hope it's not just a more-of-the-same sequel.

Official Site- http://callofduty.com/blackops/

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2010-05-20 at 04:09.
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 10:48   Link #2
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Well... at least it looks like they're actually making an effort to get out of WWII. This should be something new for them.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 12:35   Link #3
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

So.....we will be playing as The Increment, Mossad and SAD?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 12:59   Link #4
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

so I guess this gb to MW3 huh? i guess that doesn't matter now as long as we get what we want for multiplayer.
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 15:22   Link #5
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Another Call of Duty *sigh* ...
Old 2010-05-03, 16:01   Link #6
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC3alpha View Post
so I guess this gb to MW3 huh? i guess that doesn't matter now as long as we get what we want for multiplayer.
Looking at the state this trailer is in, they've been developing this long before the IW and Activision screw up. You must remember that Treyarch has been releasing COD games inbetween IW for quite awhile now.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 16:10   Link #7
Nappy Hared Azn
Check out my Rolek!

Hmm... it'll definitely be interesting to have a CoD game that doesn't take place during a specific conflict or war.
Old 2010-05-12, 00:26   Link #8
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
With IW dead (damn you Activision ) I can only hope that Treyarch will do better than their WaW, though of course this means I'm going to miss Price and Soap (and we still have Makarov to kill, too )

@ SaintessHeart: I know about the Mossad, but The Increment and SAD?
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 01:29   Link #9
zibi88

ok this time its the "Cold Wars" times... good to see that we did not get back to WWII... and we didnt go too far into future (like MW/MW2[crap] games)

I have fingers crossed that they will leave dedicated servers in multiplayer....and not make the biggest mistake of p2p on PC what happened in MW2...

And my other hope is that the story will base on actual historical bases and not totaly fictional like in MW2 with random maps without deeper connection to each other (while the fight based only on killing waves of enemies over and over and over again...)

about IW dead.... I dont give a f...k ^^ they messed up something that would be very good.... if they left on PC dedicated servers and LEAN and not go the easy way and use shitmakeing (matchmakeing) that is from consoles.... than the sales would be ever bigger...

I guess lots of people bought the game becouse they were not aware that IW destroyed their dream multiplayer like in MW1.... I remember lots of complains of people who bought the game and than a Shock awaited them on what happened to multiplayer...(they bought it becouse they followed the way of thinking that if MW1 was this awsome [dedis..mods..big maps...up to 50+ players max] than MW2 must be the same awsome... but for their supprise it was not ^^)

so well its IW's bad choices that killed ^^ so yeah I hope that Treyarch wont do the same mistake as IW did...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 04:14   Link #10
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
I have fingers crossed that they will leave dedicated servers in multiplayer....and not make the biggest mistake of p2p on PC what happened in MW2...
Good luck on that...
Old 2010-05-12, 15:15   Link #11
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
With IW dead (damn you Activision ) I can only hope that Treyarch will do better than their WaW, though of course this means I'm going to miss Price and Soap (and we still have Makarov to kill, too )

@ SaintessHeart: I know about the Mossad, but The Increment and SAD?
SAD = Special Activities Division. CIA. They are the elite nosy-parkers you DON'T want to stand-up against.

The Increment = Supposedly the black ops direct action unit of the British SIS (Special Intelligence Service). The Brits denied their existence, but I think that none of the intelligence agencies around the world didn't create a black-ops branch for themselves, surely they did draw the best from their Special Forces to do it.

Since this is a pro-US war sim, I think most likely we are going to play as the SAD or DEVGRU. Those people in the units practically spend their lives doing deniable ops.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-13, 06:43   Link #12
ash0ka

Send a message via AIM to ash0ka Send a message via MSN to ash0ka
I'm not looking forward to it. About the only good thing that came from MW2 was the multiplayer, and even that got old after a week or two.
ash0ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 11:16   Link #13
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

even the 3rd person in multiplayer wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be... or maybe it's the way they positioned the crosshair overhead that made it less popular imo
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 04:09   Link #14
killer3000ad

New trailer out.

Old 2010-05-20, 05:28   Link #15
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

They are carrying Steyr AUGs. Sounds like the SAD to me, but it's kinda ridiculous that they are carrying the SPAS-12, which is a heavy and unreliable semi-auto shotgun.

And W00T to the Carl Gustav launcher!

Old 2010-05-20, 11:03   Link #16
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Seems like they're making this less "Vietnam" and more late cold war action movie type stuff. This presents an interesting problem, because according to the ex Infinity Ward heads, they signed an agreement with Activision that gave IW control over all Call of Duty games set in the post Vietnam era...and this is most definitely set in the post Vietnam era. Plus it'd have had to have been in development for quite awhile...prior even to the IW firing.

You know, somehow Activision going out and manufacturing an excuse to fire their IW executives seems like a pretty sensible option. Cause if that agreement between IW and Activision was like what the ousted IW executives says it is, than just by making this game Activision was breaking their agreement. So one might argue this was a case of Activision deciding to preemptively deal with IW leadership before they could raise any complaints as heads of the IW office.
Old 2010-05-20, 20:46   Link #17
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Overall, this looks interesting enough to keep an eye on and watch develop. There is, however, one thing I feel obliged to vent on:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
...but it's kinda ridiculous that they are carrying the SPAS-12, which is a heavy and unreliable semi-auto shotgun.
Reliability aside, I have issues with the fact that modelers seem to think that folks can fire the 'Spaz' with any degree of control with the stock folded (this nonsense occurs in lots of games; Black Ops is just the most recent, convenient example). It's especially glaring in any game whose developers have a reputation for knowing better.

Modelers, repeat after me: stocks exist for a reason. Is it that hard to model the SPAS-12 with its collapsible stock extended?
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 20:51   Link #18
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I'll probably pick this up for the Wii when I run out of games to play.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 21:32   Link #19
plmko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Overall, this looks interesting enough to keep an eye on and watch develop. There is, however, one thing I feel obliged to vent on:

Reliability aside, I have issues with the fact that modelers seem to think that folks can fire the 'Spaz' with any degree of control with the stock folded (this nonsense occurs in lots of games; Black Ops is just the most recent, convenient example). It's especially glaring in any game whose developers have a reputation for knowing better.

Modelers, repeat after me: stocks exist for a reason. Is it that hard to model the SPAS-12 with its collapsible stock extended?
You should probably question the ability of game characters to carry 60+ shotgun shells first.
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 05:31   Link #20
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Cue in all the players who'll then retort, "hey, that doesn't look like a SPAS-12 'cuz it doesn't have that boxy thingy on top - you modelers suck", regardless of the well-meant attention to realism.

Movies, TV series and games have portrayed the SPAS-12 with the butt stock folded so much it has almost become an indissociable trademark.

I can still remember when MW2 was about to hit the shelves and forum users were wondering what kind of M4 was used in the game, since it didn't look like the current US Army / SOF model, with the collapsible iron sights and the gas piston and all-encompassing rail interface system. It rather looked like one of the Bushmaster / Remington clones or one of Colt's latest variants (which does look like the MW2 version and does have a gas piston block instead of the traditional direct gas impingement tube), which have barely become mainstream.

Heck, even the Bushmaster ACR doesn't look like the current mass production version anymore (it has since then returned to the pseudo-SCAR design). So, if we're going to start about how military hardware looks (since aesthetics are, in the modelers' eyes, just as important as technical accuracy) like in the MW alternate universe, we're in for days if not weeks of heated discussion.

Tags
cod, fps