Moe Kyun~!

I lol'ed at this ^

It's like Star Wars Reversed. XD
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 13:29   Link #222
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Predictable, but still a good episode. Was damn close though Haruka almost going down. If they hadn't gotten the phone call there would have been no hope. Great effort though by Yakumo and Gotou to try and save her. That stupid doctor deserved a more sound beating than he got.

Of course have to give the spirit of Ayaka a lot of credit. Though it had to be horrible she stepped in for the sake of those girls so they didn't have to suffer through those deaths. Not sure how she could keep putting herself into that situation. Hopefully her father is truly broken by this whole thing. The knowledge of what he put his daughter through should stay with him.
Old 2010-11-03, 15:05   Link #223
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Question: how did Yakumo raise Haruka to the surface, with or without the brick tied to her legs? Because I don't remember him cutting her loose...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 17:05   Link #224
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Question: how did Yakumo raise Haruka to the surface, with or without the brick tied to her legs? Because I don't remember him cutting her loose...
We weren't shown if Yakumo freed Haruka. My guess is that he untied her. But it's just a guess.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 17:44   Link #225
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 23:36   Link #226
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Holy smoke! I nearly fell out of my chair when Yakumo said that the villain was his father. We were just speculating this and voila! it's true! LOL!

...so I guess his father probably wore contacts to hide his red eyes when he seduced Yakumo's mother?

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 02:12   Link #227
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
We weren't shown if Yakumo freed Haruka. My guess is that he untied her. But it's just a guess.
Spoiler for Screenshot:
As noted in the screenshot, the rope was set to snap; in other words, the rope was made to eventually break after a certain amount of time/strain. At least, that's how I interpreted it.
So either Yakumo helping Haruka put enough strain on the rope to make it snap as intended, or maybe, as stated by someone else, he got her free by other means not shown on screen.

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 08:06   Link #228
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
As noted in the screenshot, the rope was set to snap; in other words, the rope was made to eventually break after a certain amount of time/strain. At least, that's how I interpreted it.
I don't remember that dialogue line at all. Gee, I guess I'll have to rewatch the episode now. My oh my, what a bothersome chore.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2010-11-05, 17:34   Link #229
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Spoiler for Screenshot:
So either Yakumo helping Haruka put enough strain on the rope to make it snap as intended, or maybe, as stated by someone else, he got her free by other means not shown on screen.
It was probably part of the plan to get the doctor's daughter to go inside Haruka, once the daughter's spirit entered inside Haruka, the rope will eventually snap from the weight of the brick, leaving the daughter to be able to swim out. But what the doctor did not know is that her daughter does not have any means of being resurrected, hence all the plans involving the death of many young girls fail. Or it was Yakumo's doing outside of screen time as suggested.
Old 2010-11-06, 15:47   Link #230
kitten320

That was fast... well it only gives more comfirmation to the theory that doctor lied about Yakumo's mother.
Old 2010-11-08, 16:35   Link #231
LKK

I suspect whether you liked episode 6 or not will depend greatly on why you're watching the series.
Spoiler for ep 6:

Old 2010-11-08, 19:48   Link #232
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I don't have much to add to what LKK wrote about ep6. I liked it a lot, but only because I am watching this...
Spoiler for ep6:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 20:07   Link #233
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for my take on ep 6:
Old 2010-11-10, 00:14   Link #234
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 5 was pretty good, I kinda guessed that was his father, seems like it was pretty obvious to a lot of people.
Old 2010-11-10, 02:32   Link #235
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Hm...first time I've wanted to really say something about this series... I can't say it's because I absolutely LOVED the episode, but the character development and the little look at how women think were very interesting.

Though some men are quite similar nowadays...metrosexuals and whatnot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Spoiler for my take on ep 6:
Spoiler for Gotou in episode 6:

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 13:58   Link #236
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

The glasses guy in the beginning spilt coffee all over his face...

Would that...like...burn his face off or something?

And that Flat No when the guy asked Yakumo if they were a couple made me laugh for a good 5 minutes...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 17:37   Link #237
shichi-chan
Mippa~

I don't know if anyone noticed, or it just may be me but it sounds like the Opening song changed a bit...like it is more clear and I can hear the background voices..better, as well as the overall singing.
Old 2010-11-11, 17:53   Link #238
kitten320

I don't mind relationships in series, I actually welcome them but when they become a centre of the show which is not considered romance as main thing, it is becoming annoying =/

Not that I didn't like the episode, it was nice. But over all, series are not what I expected =/
Old 2010-11-12, 10:14   Link #239
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by shichi-chan View Post
I don't know if anyone noticed, or it just may be me but it sounds like the Opening song changed a bit...like it is more clear and I can hear the background voices..better, as well as the overall singing.
No, it isn't just you. I remember thinking the same thing about the OP this week.

Old 2010-11-12, 12:27   Link #240
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shichi-chan View Post
No, it isn't just you. I remember thinking the same thing about the OP this week.
The OP changed back in ep 4...unless they changed it again.

Every time I listen to the OP, I can't help but think: 'dang, Yakumo sure can sing! *and imagines him in front of a mic*'

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, seinen, supernatural