AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-28, 23:04   Link #1421
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Wait, what? Someone actually subbed the Archives ?
Old 2012-10-28, 23:14   Link #1422
jrdragon2006

1 an 2 is sub on a FB page so im looking for the others
Old 2012-10-29, 03:16   Link #1423
desrtsku
Nympholept

FB page? Did you find about the railgun ones on that page?
Old 2012-10-29, 05:35   Link #1424
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
FB page? Did you find about the railgun ones on that page?
Railgun archives 1 and 2 were translated long time ago, but the group that did it, didn't translated the third one yet. And I don't know anyone else that was translating the railgun one.
Hopefully they will continue when the Railgun Season 2 comes out.

PS: yes they are on that FB page.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/To-Ar...5801?sk=videos
But that page is fan made, I don't think it belongs to any of those translators.
Old 2012-10-29, 05:51   Link #1425
desrtsku
Nympholept

ooohh!!! That's some amazing stuffs we can see in there!
Old 2012-11-05, 12:48   Link #1426
zaeraal

Adding to my previous post, aside to the Railgun and Index archives there are Radio Dramas (or how it is called)

They were never translated and the voice actors (seiyuu) talk about a lot of (funny) random stuff.
All of them have 30+ minutes and there are are 32 for EACH SHOW. (96 in total for Railgun / Index I / II)

http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/14805007
- Railgun Radio
(here is some info related to the last few radios)

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm5773046 - Index I Radio
These does not have a LIST so you have to go to next episode through description (or use search, they start at bottom)

http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/21418648 - Index II Radio
Old 2012-11-05, 14:13   Link #1427
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^And just to add on to what you've added-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
To aru radio show is back with hosts Iguchi Yuka and Satou Rina as well as guest star Atsushi Abe- This time it's about the Movie.
Old 2012-11-08, 15:41   Link #1428
jrdragon2006

is it possible for mikoto to awaken?
Old 2012-11-08, 15:54   Link #1429
Ilidsor
Angelerator

As far as we know: no. So far the only two espers that have awakened have been Kakine and Accelerator, and although it is possible that other espers can awaken we haven't been given any evidence or hints to suggest that they can.

Personally I (and many others here iirc) believe it is limited to Accelerator and Kakine because they are the Main Plan and the Spare Plan respectively, and there doesn't seem to be any connection between them other then awakening.
Old 2012-11-08, 19:03   Link #1430
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdragon2006 View Post
is it possible for mikoto to awaken?
Simply put, no. She doesn't have the mentality, or the ability to do so.
Old 2012-11-08, 19:05   Link #1431
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Mentality ?
Old 2012-11-08, 19:14   Link #1432
Karna
just some guy

Awakening, if I remember correctly, requires something akin to an epiphany, or a change of mentality.

Mikoto really can't have one of those, at the very least, not one that will matter enough to make her awaken.

Kakine and Accelerator are the only ones who have the potential to awaken. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Sugiita Gunha (#7) may be able to have a power increase comparable to an esper's awakening, once he figures out how his powers work, considering that Ollerus said that if Gunha figured out what the heck his powers are, than Gunha may be able to beat him.......and Ollerus is one of the strongest people in the series.
Old 2012-11-08, 19:33   Link #1433
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

For the record, 'Awakening' is a term coined by the fans and not a proper terminology- now with that out of the way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
Awakening, if I remember correctly, requires something akin to an epiphany, or a change of mentality.

Mikoto really can't have one of those, at the very least, not one that will matter enough to make her awaken.
You don't find that a tiny bit questionable?

Quote:
Kakine and Accelerator are the only ones who have the potential to awaken. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Sugiita Gunha (#7) may be able to have a power increase comparable to an esper's awakening, once he figures out how his powers work, considering that Ollerus said that if Gunha figured out what the heck his powers are, than Gunha may be able to beat him.......and Ollerus is one of the strongest people in the series.
Essentially, only guys can awaken.

And only girls can be Magic Gods.
Old 2012-11-08, 19:40   Link #1434
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
You don't find that a tiny bit questionable?
Not really. What kind of epiphany could Mikoto have that would matter so much that she would awaken.?Also, if I remember correctly, the other requirement for awakening is that the esper's power's must be divine in nature, which Mikoto's are not.

Quote:
Essentially, only guys can awaken.
Technically, in series, yes. Accelerator and Kakine are the only ones who can awaken. Gunha probably won't awaken per say, but he'd get a power-up when he finds out what his powers are, at least according to Ollerus.

Quote:
And only girls can be Magic Gods.
Nope, Considering Ollerus is a magic God candidate. The only reason that he isn't a complete magic god is because he saved a "cat".
Old 2012-11-08, 19:46   Link #1435
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Not really. What kind of epiphany could Mikoto have that would matter so much that she would awaken.?Also, if I remember correctly, the other requirement for awakening is that the esper's power's must be divine in nature, which Mikoto's are not.
You realized that everything you've said is all fan speculations? Even the terms you're using aren't official.

And I was talking about needing an epiphany.
Old 2012-11-08, 20:25   Link #1436
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
You realized that everything you've said is all fan speculations? Even the terms you're using aren't official.

And I was talking about needing an epiphany.
You mean needing an epiphany and the powers needing to be divine are speculation? Pretty sure that both were backed up to some extent in series, it was heavily implied that an epiphany was needed, and that fact that Kakine and Accelerator's esper powers are different than every other esper power is also pretty much confirmed. And yes, I know that "awakening" is a fan term. \

Wait......you don't actually think that there is any possible way for Mikoto to awaken do you? I mean hell is more likely to freeze over than for her to get that kind of powerup.
Old 2012-11-08, 20:35   Link #1437
tsunade666

isn't awaken a proper term use on Kakine and Accelerator's winged mode? though not sure on epiphany because its more like fan speculation but its an interpretation about scenes where the black wing and white wing emerge. Both Kakine and Accelerator had a change of mind set or view. For accelerator's black wing its anger and the angel mode is acceptance or free from past shackles of hatred while for Kakine. He got to full burst wing mode is after realizing something about his powers.

Though its heavily implied that both Accelerator and Kakine are special which even in new testament vol 5 they are called infinite destruction and creation. It doesn't mean that they are the only ones who can awaken.
Old 2012-11-08, 20:47   Link #1438
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

moved the discussion.
Old 2013-01-26, 13:26   Link #1439
jrdragon2006

In NT2 why Misaka Worst afraid of Touma?
Old 2013-01-26, 14:13   Link #1440
tsunade666

Because Worst is the negative terminal of the network and with Touma around those negative thoughts turn all heats and fluffy.

Tags
q&a