AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 37 35.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 39.42%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 17.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-14, 23:57   Link #41
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Come to think of it, Isshiki more closely fits a certain variant of Male Protagonist in the Harem Genre (the perverted Harem Seeker). While Yuuta doesn't belong anywhere in the harem genre at all.

Harem Anime spinoff centering on Isshiki anyone?
Isshiki is clearly the "loser bro to the protagonist" like Sunohara from Clannad who would never get any until the end of the world since the his first appearance in the series, while Yuuta is the typical sarcastic straight man protagonist - a bit of Kyon and a bit of your typical Key-type protagonists like Yuuichi and Tomoya who looks at all the weird antics from the outside but still gets all the chicks because he ends up to be the one solving all the problems of the "girl of the arc" setting. The setup is completely template galge/visual novel here.

The only atypical bit is currently none of the other girls shows interest in Yuuta, Shinka even thinking that it was a matter of time the two hook up while Kumin and Sanae were oblivious to the relationship developing between the two was kind of interesting to see.
Old 2012-11-15, 00:11   Link #42
Shadow5YA

Shinka is crazy. The white summer dress and swimsuit Kumin wore are wonderful.
Old 2012-11-15, 00:28   Link #43
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
From the tone at the beginning, I could tell it was probably a visit to the family grave.

Sucks that the mom kind of just ran off?
Isshiki x Kumin, you have my support.

Didn't really get the sense Rikka was going back to her old home, thought she would finally go to the grave alone with yuuta to come to terms, but maybe that be saved for the end of the series.

Its kind of sweet seeing Nibutani take the mothering role for Dekomori this episode lol.
and if u not noticed isshike get the "papa" role

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Isshiki is clearly the "loser bro to the protagonist" like Sunohara from Clannad who would never get any until the end of the world since the his first appearance in the series, while Yuuta is the typical sarcastic straight man protagonist - a bit of Kyon and a bit of your typical Key-type protagonists like Yuuichi and Tomoya who looks at all the weird antics from the outside but still gets all the chicks because he ends up to be the one solving all the problems of the "girl of the arc" setting. The setup is completely template galge/visual novel here.

The only atypical bit is currently none of the other girls shows interest in Yuuta, Shinka even thinking that it was a matter of time the two hook up while Kumin and Sanae were oblivious to the relationship developing between the two was kind of interesting to see.
u forget who isshika received a love letter on previus episode, from a misterious girl maybe he have a chance to not end alone, and i don't see this anime being too much "cliche" how u talk, this dont have a harem vib like u told besides the main girl no one other girl have any feelings for yuuta and he dont look likes many typical clich main protagonist who gona fall in love or get undecided about what girl to choose or total oblivious to love, this is the second KyoAni anime i wtached and trully enjoied because he dont use the "old cliches" who most of the animes uses (harem girls, main protagonist totally undecided who can't say no to a girl, love triangle, heavy ecchi), first was hyouka they really know how to tell a awesome history without need use any or too much "cliches".

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-11-15 at 02:20. Reason: Please edit your post and refrain from double posting...
Old 2012-11-15, 00:44   Link #44
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
u forget who isshika received a love letter on previus episode, from a misterious girl maybe he have a chance to not end alone, and i don't see this anime being too much "cliche" how u talk, this dont have a harem vib like u told besides the main girl no one other girl have any feelings for yuuta and he dont look likes many typical clich main protagonist who gona fall in love or get undecided about what girl to choose or total oblivious to love, this is the second KyoAni anime i wtached and trully enjoied because he dont use the "old cliches" who most of the animes uses (harem girls, main protagonist totally undecided who can't say no to a girl, love triangle), first was hyouka they really know how to tell a awesome history without need use any or too much "cliches".
Just means you need to watch more shows. The setup currently is fairly typical of galge and visual novels.

Also just because something is cliche doesn't mean it is bad and you shouldn't take that as a criticism or even use it as one - good execution can turn cliche settings into something enjoyable. Once you watch enough shows and movies you can begin to appreciate this fact.
Old 2012-11-15, 00:57   Link #45
TimeSkip

Quote:
u forget who isshika received a love letter on previus episode, from a misterious girl maybe he have a chance to not end alone, and i don't see this anime being too much "cliche" how u talk, this dont have a harem vib like u told besides the main girl no one other girl have any feelings for yuuta and he dont look likes many typical clich main protagonist who gona fall in love or get undecided about what girl to choose or total oblivious to love, this is the second KyoAni anime i wtached and trully enjoied because he dont use the "old cliches" who most of the animes uses (harem girls, main protagonist totally undecided who can't say no to a girl, love triangle, heavy ecchi), first was hyouka they really know how to tell a awesome history without need use any or too much "cliches".
If you think Shinka is interested in Isshiki, you are better of reading a dojin. I don't see even a slightest chance of that happenning. It's like houkoholic said "Isshiki is clearly the loser bro to the protagonist". This type of character is used to add humor and make the protagonist look better. I think Shinka might confess to Yuuta near the end of the series, and Yuuta's proably going to say "Sorry I want to take care of Rikka". Something like that.
Old 2012-11-15, 01:08   Link #46
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Just means you need to watch more shows. The setup currently is fairly typical of galge and visual novels.

Also just because something is cliche doesn't mean it is bad and you shouldn't take that as a criticism or even use it as one - good execution can turn cliche settings into something enjoyable. Once you watch enough shows and movies you can begin to appreciate this fact.
offtopic:
well i know sometimes really "some cliches" animes can be good like kore wa zombie desuka, nyaruko-san, kioukay senjou no horizon(this is for me 1 of the most-off cliches because even ppls keeping saying who tori have a harem i dont really see he a harem mc because he only have eyes for horizon and only like to sometimes tease the others girls specially neito, isee only a anime with the most amount of couples of anime history and even the history is not focused on the mc he sometimes looks more like a suport character than a mc), mine personal problem with cliches come to harem or triangle romance ones(when they are totally focused on this), because i really hate:

1 - totally undecided MC - who even keep claming they love only 1 girl but aways ending even accidentally flirting with others girls and are unable to say no to the girls
2 - girls who sudendly fall in love with the mc for the reasons most ridiculous:because he talked with her, fall in first sigh, because he recover or get something who the girl let fall or lost, because the mc touched they bobs or see they pants
3 - when the mc need choose a girl in the end all others girls gona take a heartbrake(a few of then really make me mad when this happen)

4 - when he dont need choose for me is bad too because i am a monogamous guy

5 - when the history is just a excuse to show naked or almost naked girls(a hentai disguised in "ecchi" like dakara boku wa H ga dekinai or freezing where the mc is a guy without any personality that only exists for the girls fighting for him or rub him )

i'm fine while is a heavy comedy like kore wa, i hate when they start a good love history and just for "selling" start to mess put many cliche girls they can

going back to topic this episode for me was awesome
Old 2012-11-15, 01:39   Link #47
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
offtopic:
2 - fall in first sigh
Why does that count as ridiculous? Love at first sight is *very* normal compared to your other stated reasons and even happens in real life (though I don't know how common it actually is). And the other reasons à la first-person-who-talked-to-me, it depends on context. I'm fine with it if the girl in question is the shy/introverted archetype where the MC becomes her "first" real friend.

At topic: I'll watch the ep when I'll be back from university, but from what it looks like more Rikka-development/background is always welcome.
Old 2012-11-15, 02:36   Link #48
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Ahh, this episode explains those sparkles at the beginning of the OP:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
       /
      / \|
    /
Old 2012-11-15, 03:00   Link #49
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

God, this episode... It really hurt my heart. I also love all of the BGM used during all of the serious scenes (not just in this episode, but the series as a whole). The show really does get better with every episode.

The entire final scene was just so perfect. It was a joy to watch. I usually do not rewatch things, but I know that I will definitely revisit this episode.
Old 2012-11-15, 03:27   Link #50
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Now THIS is how you do drama ladies and gentlemen. Sure there was exposition here and there, but conveying the emotion through the scenes themselves, rather than through internal monologues or long overbearing heart-spilling spiels really makes this one of the most emotional episodes I've seen in a while. Especially the last couple of minutes... Rikka

On other fronts, the Dekomori x Mori SummerNibutani is strong in this episode

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-11-15, 03:41   Link #51
Warm Mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeSkip View Post
If you think Shinka is interested in Isshiki, you are better of reading a dojin. I don't see even a slightest chance of that happenning.
Agreeable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeSkip View Post
I think Shinka might confess to Yuuta near the end of the series.
Now you just went full delusional.

There are even more chances of Shinka being attracted to the bro than of that happening.
Old 2012-11-15, 03:59   Link #52
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

so.... Rikka's father was dead... Rikka's mother was leaving them... Rikka's grandmother loved them... Rikka's grandfather was rude and strict... while Tooka was accompanying Rikka until she can accept the reality...

it's adorable when Rikka finally call Tooka as onee~chan in this episode (once I think)

Nibutani and Dekomori's battle still entertaining... somehow this anime only focused on relationship between Yuuta-Rikka...
that's a great breakdown for me as Nibutani's shipper
Old 2012-11-15, 04:00   Link #53
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

What.

What is this plot development.

I love it. C'mere Rikka, someone needs a giant hug.
Old 2012-11-15, 04:05   Link #54
Mubyoshi

Wow, this anime's OST is simply stunning!
Old 2012-11-15, 06:09   Link #55
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

You'd better not abandon her now, Yuuta!

Also, oh, internet. (large size)

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-11-15, 06:25   Link #56
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quick Question: why does the grave say Takanashi Family instead Rikka Dad name?

Old 2012-11-15, 06:32   Link #57
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Quick Question: why does the grave say Takanashi Family instead Rikka Dad name?
I'm pretty sure that's the standard format for gravestones in Japan.

Basically, all deceased are cremated, and their ashes are stored along with those of all their ancestors and fellow deceased relatives in a communal urn in the grave. Yeah, every Japanese grave is a family grave.
Old 2012-11-15, 06:54   Link #58
whitecloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
I'm pretty sure that's the standard format for gravestones in Japan.

Basically, all deceased are cremated, and their ashes are stored along with those of all their ancestors and fellow deceased relatives in a communal urn in the grave. Yeah, every Japanese grave is a family grave.
If i dont mistaken...its because land there is expensive...thus almost every grave is a family grave...
Old 2012-11-15, 07:00   Link #59
Skane
Anime Snark

Not sure if it's important, but is it just me or does Shinka become much more amiable when in the presence of "LOVE"? Perhaps that is the key to her accepting her younger carefree days.

Old 2012-11-15, 07:05   Link #60
rulfo

Well old cheesy quotes from her do emphasize on that.

Tags
chuunibyou, drama