AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

Old 2012-02-18, 18:33   Link #61
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
CGI... that's really sad, considering that the best thing about MLA was the sheer quality of the mech combat sequences. Seems that won't carry over to an actual anime.
Why what's wrong with CGI mechs?

I agree the combat is MLA was brilliantly done with 2D sprites but CGI mechs can be done right.

Hell, Satelight is part of the project, they were responsible for the animation in Macross Frontier and Zero and that had some of the most beautiful fight sequences I've seen in an anime.

I'm bloody excited for it.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 03:10   Link #62
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Why what's wrong with CGI mechs?
I... don't like CGI, especially in fight sequences. It always looks fake and cheap to me.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 03:30   Link #63
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Hmm it can be done extremely well mate.

My favourite example of CGI mech fights is Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid. The fights in that are which all others should be judged. And given the studio's reluctance to do another season, you know it wasn't cheap...

Old 2012-02-19, 04:25   Link #64
Westlo
Lets be reality

Like 95% of mecha in anime these days are CGI anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Fuck yeah, Jam Project! :3
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 05:02   Link #65
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Why do you think I'm so displeased?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 05:05   Link #66
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:

That why we should thank god for Lagrange, I think the upcoming Justeen is with hand-draw mech as well.

Btw I wonder how many eps that we get.
Old 2012-02-19, 06:34   Link #67
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
I know, but you should've expected it. I mean it's different if its like Code Geass to Code Geass Akito but in general I expect CGI all the time and when it isn't i'm pleasantly surprised.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 20:00   Link #68
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

So i'm wondering, if Adoration was before the Swarch arc, which is 1983, then as of 2001 (MLA), where would that kid be... Maybe in the blue Takemikaduchi 00...
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 21:28   Link #69
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It isn't all that bad. Age's studio will be collaborating with Satelight. We can at least expect some good things from both of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
So i'm wondering, if Adoration was before the Swarch arc, which is 1983, then as of 2001 (MLA), where would that kid be... Maybe in the blue Takemikaduchi 00...
What are you talking about? Are you asking if Adoration's story takes place before Schwarzesmarken? If that is the case, no. Heck, the Typhoon wasn't even made around that time. XD
If I remember correctly, Adoration occurs in 2001.

Kid? You mean Seijuro? Assuming that you've read the novel, nothing is known regarding his fate since it ended prematurely with him leading an entire regiment of Takemikazuchis in his first battle. Oh, and you should relinquish the thought of him piloting a 00R. Even if Seijuro is from a samurai family, since the Makabe household is not one of the five regent houses, that red 00F is the best unit he'll ever get to pilot as an imperial royal guard. D=

Also, here's the new logo for the anime. I kinda prefer the hex version more to be honest...

Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 21:52   Link #70
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
It isn't all that bad. Age's studio will be collaborating with Satelight. We can at least expect some good things from both of them.

What are you talking about? Are you asking if Adoration's story takes place before Schwarzesmarken? If that is the case, no. Heck, the Typhoon wasn't even made around that time. XD
If I remember correctly, Adoration occurs in 2001.

Kid? You mean Seijuro? Assuming that you've read the novel, nothing is known regarding his fate since it ended prematurely with him leading an entire regiment of Takemikazuchis in his first battle. Oh, and you should relinquish the thought of him piloting a 00R. Even if Seijuro is from a samurai family, since the Makabe household is not one of the five regent houses, that red 00F is the best unit he'll ever get to pilot as an imperial royal guard. D=

Also, here's the new logo for the anime. I kinda prefer the hex version more to be honest...

Ohh, my bad, got confused, i thought the group of ladies in Adoration was from Schwarzesmarken. I seem to remb that in Chronicles 2 they have their own photo-novel stories from the Euro Front or something. I'm getting confused with all the side stories from 2 different timelines. Also, i can only read via machine translate, so the Makabe name did not get across. I know the 00R is only for direct relations to the Imperial Family, and all others are for the Imperial Household / Guards. I was thinking if the 00C that appears during the Sagahosima (I cant remb the name XC) arc was related.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 19:32   Link #71
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Ohh, my bad, got confused, i thought the group of ladies in Adoration was from Schwarzesmarken. I seem to remb that in Chronicles 2 they have their own photo-novel stories from the Euro Front or something. I'm getting confused with all the side stories from 2 different timelines. Also, i can only read via machine translate, so the Makabe name did not get across. I know the 00R is only for direct relations to the Imperial Family, and all others are for the Imperial Household / Guards. I was thinking if the 00C that appears during the Sagahosima (I cant remb the name XC) arc was related.
Schwarzmarken is about east germany and the battle at the oder-neiss line on 1983. There is only 14 novel chapters for it so far, I only read the first 6 and so far its pretty epic.. all the Germans you see in eurofront stories and adoration are West Germans and there earliest story takes place in 2000. they happen in the same timeline since Unlimited timeline happens only if Takeru choose wrongly, and alternative timeline if he choose right. Everything pre 2002 can be considered one timeline.

also massive update at the homepage. http://muv-luv-te-anime.com/
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 04:35   Link #72
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
Schwarzmarken is about east germany and the battle at the oder-neiss line on 1983. There is only 14 novel chapters for it so far, I only read the first 6 and so far its pretty epic.. all the Germans you see in eurofront stories and adoration are West Germans and there earliest story takes place in 2000. they happen in the same timeline since Unlimited timeline happens only if Takeru choose wrongly, and alternative timeline if he choose right. Everything pre 2002 can be considered one timeline.

Right or wrong, in the long term Humanity is doooomed; especially considering the revelations of Alternative.
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 07:20   Link #73
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:

Yesh, please make it true !!!
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 18:43   Link #74
Belgaesh

I really hope that this is well made and well received so in the future, maybe, we can see another animations of the same universe. Maybe even a Alternative one, but that's me dreaming high.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 02:37   Link #75
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

I wouldn't want to see Alternative animated. A lot of the awe I felt from that game was because of all the previous loops you play through and noticing the differences and simularities.

Sure they could capture the intensity of the fight for survival against the BETA but I doubt they could get the same attachment to the characters as the games.

That's just my two cents.

If anything, I want to see another Muv-Luv game that focuses on...

Spoiler for MLA end:

Old 2012-02-23, 06:59   Link #76
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Agreed with fallschirmjager. I don't want to see Alternative in animated form ether. But my reasons are a bit different. I know that I couldn't resist not watching it but at the same time I can't bring myself...
Spoiler for concerning MuvLuv Alternative:
Old 2012-02-24, 17:35   Link #77
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
Nigata is looking remarkable at the back. I adore the intimidating aura that it emits... kinda gives me the chills, and at the same time petrified by awe.

God have mercy.... What did they do to Yui!?
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 17:23   Link #78
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Hmm, true, Yui doesn't look as, confident? as the norm.

Old 2012-02-28, 12:30   Link #79
Dragonar Fan
HI-RISE BOMBEERRR!!!

This is one of the series I've been waiting to see.... & since JAM Project made the opening & the homages made in the game ....I would kill for it to be a spot in a future SRT ....or for somone to localize it for a US Release along with the other story lines
Old 2012-03-09, 02:12   Link #80
Mazryonh

So any news for this series? A trailer or preview screenshots, perhaps?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, aliens, mecha, romance, science fiction, seinen