AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Old 2008-01-31, 05:05   Link #741
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

this may sound pessimistic but the way things are going, the discussions for true tears here in animesuki will go down drastically because most of the followers are (at the moment) quite frustrated for the way bandai visual handled their business.

im not saying that it is wrong, its just that it caught us off guard. well....

*waits for the next episode to air*
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 21:07   Link #742
golthin

about a day and half before episode 5 becomes available! I can't wait for next episode!
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 00:02   Link #743
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
I have a question, True tears seems to be like a really good romance/harem anime, and I've heard alot about it, but before i decide to watch it can anyone tell me like the fan-service level of this anime.
the reason I ask is because I've seen 2 anime's: Rosario+Vampire and another one i forget the exact name....but needless to say the fan-service/ecchi level was like overbearing, and altho a lil fan-service is nice.....too much is unneeded and kinda ruins the show

so my question is: is this anime chock full of so much fan-service that it's like "too" much......or like too ecchi like Rosario+Vampire(with the 20 or so pantsu shots every second and like nudity every 5 seconds).....because if it is I dont think im gonna bother, but just asking for an honest answer since alot of the shows have been taking this route lately.

thanks!
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 00:05   Link #744
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
I have a question, True tears seems to be like a really good romance/harem anime, and I've heard alot about it, but before i decide to watch it can anyone tell me like the fan-service level of this anime.
the reason I ask is because I've seen 2 anime's: Rosario+Vampire and another one i forget the exact name....but needless to say the fan-service/ecchi level was like overbearing, and altho a lil fan-service is nice.....too much is unneeded and kinda ruins the show

so my question is: is this anime chock full of so much fan-service that it's like "too" much......or like too ecchi like Rosario+Vampire(with the 20 or so pantsu shots every second and like nudity every 5 seconds).....because if it is I dont think im gonna bother, but just asking for an honest answer since alot of the shows have been taking this route lately.

thanks!
No, there really isn't much fanservice in this show.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 02:59   Link #745
Khaos

Arrow

Quote:

thanks!
Almost no fanservice in there...and I wouldn't even consider it to be a harem anime for it is clear from the beginning who of the three girls it only can be.
Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 06:16   Link #746
billbrown
Failing Silent Assassin

Quote:

thanks!
There's practically no fanservice in True Tears, especially when compared to something as excessive as R+V.
billbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 06:26   Link #747
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbrown View Post
There's practically no fanservice in True Tears, especially when compared to something as excessive as R+V.
most likely the animators are not good at drawing naked girls. Just listen to me saying this and probably a beach or pool episode is coming out soon, and they will make me eat my words.
Old 2008-02-08, 08:18   Link #748
Supah Em
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
most likely the animators are not good at drawing naked girls. Just listen to me saying this and probably a beach or pool episode is coming out soon, and they will make me eat my words.
beach or pool? with this type of anime setting this could be an onsen one, as the beach looked too serene for a fanservice episode[referring to ep 5] and that is if they're would even have one.

and you have a point, most girls in this anime(all of them, i think) are heavily clothed, save for the accident in ep 1 and the easter egg there so there is a chance that what your first statement is true but I hope that they make us eat our words and show us some, just to heat things up (as if the series isnt heating more than it should be, i mean look at the discussions)
Old 2008-02-08, 08:50   Link #749
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahem View Post
beach or pool? with this type of anime setting this could be an onsen one, as the beach looked too serene for a fanservice episode[referring to ep 5] and that is if they're would even have one.

and you have a point, most girls in this anime(all of them, i think) are heavily clothed, save for the accident in ep 1 and the easter egg there so there is a chance that what your first statement is true but I hope that they make us eat our words and show us some, just to heat things up (as if the series isnt heating more than it should be, i mean look at the discussions)
There's also another couple of shots wiith just before Noe hugging her brother and Hiromi changing. Yes, they could have left those out, but seems like any show you can't totally get away from it. That being said, this show isn't necessarily about the fan service in that manner. You'll probably see flashes of these things occasionally to see if you were paying attention or not.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 09:28   Link #750
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
thats good Like I dont care if theirs some, but when theirs constant nudity/ecchi....it kinda gets old after awhile ya'know?

im just glad it's not like ecchi like other anime's Cough:rosario+V::cough

amirite?

Last edited by MercFH; 2008-02-08 at 09:49.
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 12:48   Link #751
cloudninja

The main page of the official website currently has a picture of the 3 girls in a pretty cute Valentine's Day theme. Shinichiro, you lucky little punk! You actually make me feel a bit jealous! Don't be hogging all 3 for yourself. Here's hoping that we see something about Valentine's Day on the show.

http://www.truetears.jp/

Last edited by cloudninja; 2008-02-08 at 15:54.
cloudninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 12:54   Link #752
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
PIMP!

Valentine's day is never good news in a romance series

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 13:10   Link #753
cloudninja

If they have Valentine's Day on the show then soon we'll see White Day as well. Ah, the dilemma Shin would face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
PIMP!

Valentine's day is never good news in a romance series
Funny that Shin was called out as a pimp in the show as well, at 7:22 of episode 2.

Last edited by cloudninja; 2008-02-08 at 13:45.
Old 2008-02-08, 18:23   Link #754
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
If they have Valentine's Day on the show then soon we'll see White Day as well. Ah, the dilemma Shin would face.

Funny that Shin was called out as a pimp in the show as well, at 7:22 of episode 2.
I don't think there will be valantine's day, they are right now around september-october in the anime, right before their culture festival.
Old 2008-02-08, 19:22   Link #755
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I don't think there will be valantine's day, they are right now around september-october in the anime, right before their culture festival.

Darn. I guess that pic is just like the christmas one, made just for the fans but having no relation to the show They're missing out on good material though for the show.
Old 2008-02-09, 04:58   Link #756
Supah Em
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
The main page of the official website currently has a picture of the 3 girls in a pretty cute Valentine's Day theme. Shinichiro, you lucky little punk! You actually make me feel a bit jealous! Don't be hogging all 3 for yourself. Here's hoping that we see something about Valentine's Day on the show.

http://www.truetears.jp/
ahh! MOE!

now that i want to see! even in an OVA or something!
Old 2008-02-11, 01:57   Link #757
cloudninja

song lyrics and relevancy to show

Anyone else think that the opening and ending songs offer some clues? The part about "even a narrow road is fine", "...towards the miracle" as well as a few other lines although the rest are probably just filler material. I'm guessing in terms of the show it means to take a difficult path and finding happiness at the end or taking a small opportunity and turning it into a miracle. The songwriters probably got a general idea of what the show would be about and what happens from the director or lead writer and then wrote lyrics that would fit the show. Even the ending song has a few interesting lines and seems to tell things from Hiromi's point of view. Not my translation.

I want to forget,
I have to forget.
While wavering,
My heart sinks.
It's for you,
I'm tellin' a lie. (This part is sung in english. Some translators missed this initially and made up something but updated their ED translation later)

That part matches up with Hiromi in episodes 2 and 3 where she struggles with herself, sees Shin carrying Noe, then tells the lie about liking #4 (Jun). Some of the lyrics seem to have proven relevant to what actually happens so I'm wondering if a few other lines will prove relevant as well.

Last edited by cloudninja; 2008-02-11 at 23:39.
Old 2008-02-11, 23:00   Link #758
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbrown View Post
And then there's KimiAru, which has at least as much fanservice as the execrable R+V, but it all works, especially with the outrageous nature of the humor in that show.

Personally, I think having just a bit of fanservice in TT is good: just a bit of panty and a girl holding a towel, as far as I can recall. It gives a little edge to things. I also liked the tiny bit of male fanservice (naked upper body bishounen) in ep16 of the unfortunately neglected Shion no Ou.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-02-11 at 23:11.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 10:09   Link #759
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

You know Kaoru Chujo, maybe you shouldn't spoil Shion no Ou for the people who're waiting for the subs.
Old 2008-02-12, 15:47   Link #760
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You know Kaoru Chujo, maybe you shouldn't spoil Shion no Ou for the people who're waiting for the subs.
I didn't think I had. Is simply mentioning the presence of a bishounen a spoiler? I didn't say who it was or what the situation was. Seems to me far less info than in the briefest of newspaper movie reviews or even previews. Personally, I thought I was advertising the show rather than spoiling it. But I'm certainly willing to be convinced.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-02-12 at 15:59.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, broccoli, circus, drama, p.a. works, romance, school life