GDB

All of the trades!
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 21:48   Link #9382
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Jimmy Graham to Seattle... O_O

Revis back to the Jets.

The one that really confuses me is Philadelphia giving Foles and two draft picks away to St. Louis for Bradford and one draft pick. Given how inury-prone the guy is, I'm surprised Chip Kelly is making such a bold move right after trading away McCoy to Buffalo and Maclin leaving.

Jacksonville getting hold of Julius Thomas and some other guys - bet some certain Jags fans around here will be pleased with that.
Old 2015-03-11, 19:42   Link #9383
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I think one of the theories is that Bradford is just a pawn in a scheme to trade up to get Mariotta.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 20:10   Link #9384
GDB

It has to be. Not only is he oft injured, but he has the 8th highest salary cap hit for QBs this year. That places him higher than Big Ben and Joe Flacco (who the ignorant masses try to proclaim is such a huge salary cap strangler).

Further... it's his last year on contract. And they didn't announce an extension at the time of the trade, which usually happens when a player is in the last year of their contract and gets traded.
Old 2015-03-11, 22:16   Link #9385
QSTraderDG86

Man...wtf is Chip doing? He better have a plan, because if all he did was throw away all the star players (Cole, McCoy, Maclin, Foles) and got a bunch of cripples...well, Philly fans are notorious about what happens when the coach thinks he's more clever than the record shows.

Also, Bill Belichick would be a lot lesser of a man if not for #12. Chip does not have a Brady that can allow him to be "all about the system".
QSTraderDG86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 19:10   Link #9386
JagdPanther

Well, he picked up Murray... Seems like someone he'd keep.

Old 2015-03-12, 20:16   Link #9387
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, Philadelphia has certainly been very active. Murray does somewhat justify their overall actions.

Miami paying that much for Suh - only time will tell whether the biggest contract ever for a defensive player was actually worth it. But with all the trades going on in the AFC East, that division is going to get damn interesting.
Old 2015-03-15, 05:20   Link #9388
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Well...Philly had a good O-line last year, so that should be good for Murray, but still...no sir, I don't like it. Murray has been a solid RB for Dallas, so it bugs the shit out of me they let him go. I can understand going to where the money is to a certain extent...but damn man...you already make millions.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-15, 09:55   Link #9389
GDB

Sounds like Dallas didn't even try to keep him. Why should he give them a discount for showing they don't give a crap about him? Especially when he knows they actually want Adrian Peterson (even if they don't have the cap space to get him).
Old 2015-03-18, 19:53   Link #9390
sky black swordman

Cowboys sign Greg Hardy to 1 year deal (potentially) worth over $13 million. Good luck, with the scrutiny that is sure to come that signing.

The Baltimore Ravens released RB Bernard Pierce hours after his arrest.
Old 2015-03-18, 20:04   Link #9391
GDB

He was likely to be released anyway. He lost the starting job to Forsett, then lost the backup job to Taliaferro, then lost the depth job to Toussaint. Unless he magically excelled in Trestman's offense, he had no chance of sticking around.
Old 2015-03-18, 22:06   Link #9392
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

So the Cowboys weren't willing to keep Murray...yet they go ham in acquiring Hardy for one year. I get the majority of that money is dependent on performance, but that potentially being $13 million for one year and not retaining Murray....unless they draft Melvin Gordon or Todd Gurley, this is puzzling. Do they really expect Romo to have to do it like he had to before 2014?

Although there's an argument that the Suh contract Miami did is the most outlandish.
Old 2015-03-19, 06:37   Link #9393
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post

Although there's an argument that the Suh contract Miami did is the most outlandish.
Buffalo fans are also unhappy about this because of what we'll likely have to pay Dareus next season due to it setting a precedent. ...not that Buffalo hasn't gone out of its way to already start spending insane amounts of money already this season. Can't accuse the new owner of not making any moves, that's for sure.

I'm still a bit bitter about the McCoy trade though due to personal bias - thought buying an Alonso jersey at the end of his rookie season would be a sure bet because it would last a while, got to wear it for one season where he didn't even play and now he's gone. May as well have just burned that hundred dollar bill, haha...
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-22, 21:32   Link #9394
sky black swordman

It's a bit surprising there hasn't been much activity on this thread considering we are only 8 days away from the NFL Draft.

Anyway the NFL has decided to suspend Greg Hardy for ten games of the 2015 season (without pay). I expect the Hardy and the Cowboys to appeal his suspension.
Old 2015-04-22, 22:16   Link #9395
GDB

*shrug*

Not much to really talk about until the draft.

Though I did just read the most hilariously bad mock I've seen in years. Starts by saying in the #2 pick (Titans) that he thinks the Browns, Eagles, Rams, or Chargers are likely to try to trade to the spot to get Mariota. Then, he proceeds to have NO ONE take Mariota in the first round. Period. So he somehow thinks four teams are willing to trade up to #2 for him, but then wouldn't take him with their natural pick.
Old 2015-04-23, 02:44   Link #9396
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, here's the people I'm most interested in:

Marcus Marriota
Trae Waynes
Kevin White
Amari Cooper
Vic Beasley
Leonard Williams

I'll just let it unfold next week.

Regular season schedules came out yesterday. How are people feeling about them?
Old 2015-04-23, 16:30   Link #9397
VTHokiePride

At #5, I hope the Redskins take Vic Beasley or Dante Fowler. In the second round, I'd look for Jake Fisher, Ereck Flowers, or Cedric Ogbuehi. Pretty sure Flowers and Ogbuehi will be gone by the second round, but I think we have a shot on landing Jake Fisher.

I'd be open to trading down in the first so we can get more picks this year since we draft Trent Murphy in the second round last year. We really need to get a RT and DB. Damarious Randall is nice prospect I like. He's projected to go in the second or third round.
Old 2015-04-23, 18:59   Link #9398
JagdPanther

Jameis Winston is the gift that keeps on giving.

He is either going to have a great NFL career or fail spectacularly.

Old 2015-04-24, 04:33   Link #9399
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
*shrug*

Not much to really talk about until the draft.
Well that's true.

Quote:
Though I did just read the most hilariously bad mock I've seen in years. Starts by saying in the #2 pick (Titans) that he thinks the Browns, Eagles, Rams, or Chargers are likely to try to trade to the spot to get Mariota. Then, he proceeds to have NO ONE take Mariota in the first round. Period. So he somehow thinks four teams are willing to trade up to #2 for him, but then wouldn't take him with their natural pick.
Not very bright. Surprised he did not include the Jets. I've heard that Jets may done with Geno Smith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Well, here's the people I'm most interested in:

Marcus Marriota
Trae Waynes
Kevin White
Amari Cooper
Vic Beasley
Leonard Williams

I'll just let it unfold next week.

Regular season schedules came out yesterday. How are people feeling about them?
I am very interested in these 3 myself. And curious to see were Randy Gregory and Shane Ray go in the draft. The former tested positive for marijuana at the combine and was recently weighed below 230 on a team visit. While the latter may surgery for toe injury.
Old 2015-04-24, 04:49   Link #9400
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I personally think the Jets will take Trae Waynes. He's the type of player Todd Bowles would really want. I guess they'd take Marriota if he's available, but I get the feeling a lot of teams will be in the hunt for Marriota. Gameplay footage and combine stuff I saw of Waynes - the guy is electric. There's a lot of teams badly needing a corner like him. If Trae Waynes doesn't go top 10, Minnesota will take him in a heartbeat at 11.

Tags
american football, sports