AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-19, 17:32   Link #161
Vinak
Procrastinator

I like Gins bankai because its not illogical or potentially plot breaking like practically every other bankai (or even some shikai) that have been introduced so far.

It's also nice seeing our protagonist actually holding his own for a change rather than getting his ass handed to him and/or winning due to plotkai bs.

Last edited by Vinak; 2010-04-19 at 18:31.
Old 2010-04-19, 18:04   Link #162
haegar
mangaviking

hear hear !!! a fearless defense of gin's bankai XD

mate...you better start running real fast
Old 2010-04-19, 18:25   Link #163
Vinak
Procrastinator

heh. I shouldn't run away, but feel pity for those that can't handle a differing opinion.
Old 2010-04-19, 19:53   Link #164
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Duno how exactly Gin's bankai looks good... yeh it has high speed, cool... And? Ichigo still keeps blocking it so I see completly nothing great about it. If Ichigo didn't block it so easily, then we would be talking...
Ichigo was able to block Byakuya's Bankai fairly easily with his own Bankai, Gin's Bankai is proving to be rather difficult for Ichigo to block, to the point that Ichigo has stayed on defense for pretty much the whole fight, and he said that if Gin's sword pointed at him it would be bad. This is the first fight in a long time that's being fought with actual strategy and sword play rather than huge explosions, illusions, or giant blocks of ice, I don't see how you can be complaining right now. Especially since Urahara is on his way, you know Yoruichi will come too. Maybe the Godess of Flash will out speed Gin's Bankai to save Ichigo.
Old 2010-04-19, 20:30   Link #165
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

^Yoruichi and Urahara aren't coming yet, Isshin has already arrived only if Aizen releases his trolling bankai and Gin brings out a troll mask (may God save us all if that ever happens) will Urahara and Yoruichi pop into the fight otherwise they're sipping on tea waiting for the conclusion making hot, sweet sweet...
Spoiler for :

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-04-19, 20:54   Link #166
Gin
*Artist

Urahara's imminent (sp) arrival is a confirmed spoiler from Kubo himself. Yoruichi is just speculation on my part.
Old 2010-04-19, 21:02   Link #167
kamyu

well the setup is fully in place for urahara to unveil his anti-hogyouku hax gadgets.
especially with us being given another aizen+hogyouku "cliffhanger."
Old 2010-04-19, 21:12   Link #168
Lendial

part of the problem with ichigo holding his own against gin using "brains" is that ulqy wiped the floor with him using just brawns, even unreleased.

frankly i would have really liked gin to wipe the floor with ichigo and then force him to go vaizard mode.

either:
1) gin is not that strong
2)ichigo has grown miles since his super hollow mode experience with ulqy.
Old 2010-04-19, 21:33   Link #169
kamyu

3) gin is just playing with him for the lulz
Old 2010-04-19, 21:51   Link #170
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
either:
1) gin is not that strong
2)ichigo has grown miles since his super hollow mode experience with ulqy.
For the sake of defending Gin, it's likely the second reason. After getting nearly killed by Ulquiorra's base form the first time around in Hueco Mundo, he ended up fairing okay against Grimmjow before being forced to go Vizard. It was a big improvement from the last two times they fought, when Ichigo's bankai alone lost quickly and miserably to the same opponent.

After beating Grimm, taking a beating from Noi, and then healing up, Ichigo suddenly managed to do okay against Ulquiorra's base form for a fairly long time without going Vizard. Ulquiorra himself even admitted it. And now that he's come back from the dead again (with a new mask to boot), it stands to reason he's become even more capable a fighter with Bankai alone.

So you know how Aizen had gotten interrupted before he could finish telling Ichigo what the other half of his background was? What he was actually going to say was "a saiyan". Seriously.

So if Gin can make a comeback and prove he was just trolling Ichigo the whole time, then it'll be an epic win for Gin (since Ichigo really has most likely gotten that much stronger). And should Gin lose it'll just be...expected.
Old 2010-04-19, 22:45   Link #171
Kookee2k2
OBJECTION!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
3) gin is just playing with him for the lulz
*cough* 4) Gin is making up for something. *cough*
Old 2010-04-20, 10:37   Link #172
koohyuko

I dunno, I kinda feel like A) Gin's bankai is cool. B) He hasn't revealed everything about it yet.

Also, will there be a chapter this week? I feel like Golden Week is coming up soon, and I know there isn't a chapter for any of Shounen Jump then.
Old 2010-04-20, 11:40   Link #173
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji

let's see........

Ikkaku: Well, go ahead and argue. Nothing can change the outcome of your demise anyways.

Renji: You will lose to me, Abarai Renji!!

Byakuya: It's a thousand years too early for you to become worthy enough to die by my bankai.

Grimmjaw: I won't need two arms to kill you!!

Ulqi: Even if you rise up a thousand times, there will be no victory for any of you.

and now

Gin: There's no way you can win.

I'd like to believe Kishi for once, and it'd be great to see Gin pawn Ichi, but sadly that's not going to be the case
Old 2010-04-20, 14:36   Link #174
Mashda2k6

lol that's one part I used to love about bleach characters attitudes especially byakuya
Old 2010-04-20, 17:07   Link #175
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

it's reverse psychology - if a baddie just once said "you'll probably kick my ass" ichigo would be dead and cremated.

somebody pass this hint to gin...

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2010-04-20, 18:11   Link #176
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz View Post
it's reverse psychology - if a baddie just once said "you'll probably kick my ass" ichigo would be dead and cremated.

somebody pass this hint to gin...
Gin's using double reverse psychology right now. Its far superior to reverse psychology, and comparable to regular psychology only more powerfull.
Old 2010-04-20, 19:30   Link #177
Stormwhite

Send a message via MSN to Stormwhite
But does he know he's using double reverse psychology? Or is he even tricking himself?! In which case he'd think he was using standard psychology, but he's too smart to think something like that would work, in which case he must be using reverse psychology, but if he was that would mean he thought he'd lose...

Brain. Hurts. Lying down now.
Old 2010-04-20, 22:09   Link #178
Langus
Optimus Prime

Golden week holidays start May 3rd but there is also a national holiday April 29th so there's a chance you won't have a chapter next week or/and the week after but there should be one this week.
Old 2010-04-20, 23:10   Link #179
-Suigetsu-
Prelude of Light

I like how Gin's bankai looks simple and sounds basic, however it's also one of the most deadliest.

Not as flashy as the other bankai. Simple, yet efficient.
Old 2010-04-21, 00:47   Link #180
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Golden week holidays start May 3rd but there is also a national holiday April 29th so there's a chance you won't have a chapter next week or/and the week after but there should be one this week.
i dare kubo to not release a 3 chapter special either before or after the holiday *evil*

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Closed Thread