AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2012-07-24, 18:02   Link #241
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye.. .that's a little fact a lot of anti-sentiment don't seem to grasp. There is *zero* duty for a police officer in the USA to prevent crime or to protect someone. Their only obligation is "clean up" ... maybe.... if they feel like it.... or have the funds (taxes again).

On my road just outside of town, best possible response time for law enforcement is 15 minutes. That's a long damn time and assumes 911 was dialed on "first noise". Response time is actually worse in many cities...

And yeah... most inmates in prison were abused or mistreated as kids so they take a Very Special Interest in anyone who has harmed a child.
Old 2012-07-24, 18:50   Link #242
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Aye.. .that's a little fact a lot of anti-sentiment don't seem to grasp. There is *zero* duty for a police officer in the USA to prevent crime or to protect someone. Their only obligation is "clean up" ... maybe.... if they feel like it.... or have the funds (taxes again).

On my road just outside of town, best possible response time for law enforcement is 15 minutes. That's a long damn time and assumes 911 was dialed on "first noise". Response time is actually worse in many cities...
Aye, because it's a physical impossibility for them to do so. There are only so many police officers, and a whole lot of areas to cover, and the police doesn't have a magic radar that tells them what crime is about to happen where, nor are they obligated to risk their life to save yours - it's Serve and Protect, not Take-a-bullet-for-you-so-my-wife-and-kids-can-lose-their-hubsand-and-father.

You can expect the police and the justice system to deter some crime, and to investigate them after they've occured. But you're just dreaming if you're expecting them to protect you from criminals.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 23:44   Link #243
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

A reminder: As it states in the opening post, gun and gun control related discussion is off-topic for this thread. If you wish to discuss those topics, either use the current gun thread or create your own.

Thank you.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 23:50   Link #244
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
*SNIP*
I'll start a thread to discuss the gun-control issue.
Old 2012-07-25, 00:03   Link #245
GundamFan0083

Sugetsu, please move the debate about guns to the gun-control thread.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=113711
Old 2012-07-25, 05:36   Link #246
anigu
Game maker

This may be a bit late to say but... my condolences to the victim's families.
anigu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 15:15   Link #247
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Argh, new details. Holmes mailed a notebook discussing his plans to do a massacre at a sold out showing of TDKR to his university psychiatrist. The notebook was in a box in the psychiatrist office and was opened and discovered this week. The package was there since July 12. What the eff, this tragedy could have been averted. Not like anyone in that office new what was in that cardboard box. But now on top of all the other heartache from this tragedy, I bet you will have some people from that office that will be facing issues of severe guilt for a long time, thinking "If only we checked out that package!".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...6pLid%3D183966

Edit: I figured he was gonna do or say something that would make me more angry at him again. So much for the small amount of pity I had for the guy a couple of days ago. Throw that out of the window. This guy is not just evil, but a jerk, too. He is asking prison guards how TDKR ends. Very appropriate of him. Also, he has been spitting on prison guards. I hope he doesn't get the insanity plea in his favor. I don't think he is insane, I just think he is a very bad person.

Last edited by Urzu 7; 2012-07-25 at 15:27.
Urzu 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 15:29   Link #248
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Argh, new details. Holmes mailed a notebook discussing his plans to do a massacre at a sold out showing of TDKR to his university psychiatrist. The notebook was in a box in the psychiatrist office and was opened and discovered this week. The package was there since July 12. What the eff, this tragedy could have been averted. Not like anyone in that office new what was in that cardboard box. But now on top of all the other heartache from this tragedy, I bet you will have some people from that office that will be facing issues of severe guilt for a long time, thinking "If only we checked out that package!".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/25/james-holmes-sent-notebook-psychiatrist_n_1702216.html?1343238606&icid=maing-grid7|aim|dl1|sec1_lnk1%26pLid%3D183966

Edit: I figured he was gonna do or say something that would make me more angry at him again. So much for the small amount of pity I had for the guy a couple of days ago. Throw that out of the window. This guy is not just evil, but a jerk, too. He is asking prison guards how TDKR ends. Very appropriate of him. Also, he has been spitting on prison guards.
This is following pattern -- we're going to find out that this guy was broadcasting intent for weeks/months and no one took it seriously. On the other end of the spectrum, we have schools that go nuts on a student if he/she is a victim of bullying and they glare at someone. Just wretchedly bad risk assessment skills from people who are asleep at the wheel.
Old 2012-07-27, 20:36   Link #249
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Who else but Dane Cook making fun of the shooting.

He also called the movie a piece of crap. Awww sorry they couldn't put you in the movie with your amazing t...t...I cant say that word. I hope he gets sued for it =\ making fun of the killer himself, sure.. what ever, still wouldnt be funny because its dane cook. But sayin the movie is a piece of crap and the people thinking "Aw someone just shoot me" because it sucks (even tho it doesn't) that's freakin low.

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2012-07-27 at 20:49.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 21:01   Link #250
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

That was very stupid of him to make that joke. It is like he possesses no wisdom at all. Who would think that is even a semi-okay joke to make, especially only a week after it happened?
Old 2012-07-27, 22:43   Link #251
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
That was very stupid of him to make that joke. It is like he possesses no wisdom at all. Who would think that is even a semi-okay joke to make, especially only a week after it happened?
Well, let's hope that heartless fuck is so busy writing tasteless jokes on its iphone that it forgets to look both ways before crossing the streets, shall we?

If if thinks that babies getting shot is so funny, why don't it just hurry the fuck up and go to the afterlife and ask how THEY feel about getting shot and denied a full and happy life itself, shouldn' it?
Old 2012-07-27, 23:19   Link #252
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

It was just a terrible joke. I'd imagine everyone of the victims and their loved ones would be pretty upset upon hearing that joke. I stopped caring about Dane Cook after 2005, but now I like him less. Really, I don't even like him anymore.
Old 2012-07-28, 00:12   Link #253
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The most fitting response is, "Dane Who?" ...... and no I don't want an answer, it reflects how little he matters.
Old 2012-07-29, 14:18   Link #254
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 04:50   Link #255
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I hope he gets sued for it =\
You can't get sued for being an asshole.
Actually, lemme take that back. You can, it just won't go anywhere.

His biggest damage will be from booing of the public, and that's already self inflicted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The most fitting response is, "Dane Who?" ...... and no I don't want an answer, it reflects how little he matters.
One of those un-funny comedians, same ilk as the ones that made fun of the 311 Earthquake last year.
Old 2012-07-30, 12:31   Link #256
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I knew it. Someone has done something idiotic by blaming this tragedy on something unrelated.

And what do you know, it's Fox News.

Fox News Stretches to Connect Video Games to Dark Knight Shooting
Old 2012-07-30, 12:39   Link #257
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Hahaha the comments on that page is hilarious everyone is telling fox news to go fuck themselves.
Old 2012-07-30, 16:12   Link #258
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Hahaha the comments on that page is hilarious everyone is telling fox news to go fuck themselves.
Problem is they need to go to the Fox News site and tell them to fuck themselves repeatedly with their own microphones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by first poster says it all
I suppose he also ate dinner daily.
There you have it kids, a murderer ate dinner every day, therefore, eating dinner makes you a murderer.
Fox News logic at its finest.
As most of us here know, *millions* of people, adults or teens, play video games, watch violent movies, and yes, own and shoot firearms, without ever committing a serious crime or act of violence. Reporters, not just Fox, most of them seem guilty of being stupid, uneducated, failed math, you name it. I have heard the absolute most jackass stupid things come out of reporters so it is the rare one that I give any respect at all too.

Personally, I blame the whole "media major", "communications major", etc degrees which apparently graduate you without having to prove a single logical thought process.
Old 2012-08-01, 04:19   Link #259
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwdWI225WFY
Old 2012-08-05, 15:32   Link #260
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

And in a rather telling bit of media fail, we've had another mass shooting but this time at a Sikh temple with Sikh as victims.

Apparently, since they aren't "white middle class main demographic" victims, the mainstream media figures Joe WASP can't empathize with them so they'll watch through the next commercial break.

There's been an AP release but so far only my local station has even mentioned it.
http://www.katu.com/news/national/Wi...165066526.html