AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-04, 09:28   Link #1121
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Wow ever since the New Sanctuary Arc Omega is getting so much more exciting, I'm loving every new twist they are giving to the Gold Saints which is a true break away from the original unlike LC which were more or less recycled, it's very refreshing!

Paradox is just awesome, they rolled in so many elements into her character. Not only does she has the traditional dual personality of the Gemini saint (as expected), but they added the extra female saint layer to it as well - she will love everyone, or hate/kill everyone who sees her face, so fitting of her dual personality too.

Next week is Cancer, since Kurumada had always been harsh to the Cancer saint I'd like to see what twist Omega came up with for this one.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 09:30   Link #1122
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I was really hoping for her to use Galaxian Explosion since Taurus used Great(est) Horn.
I'm expecting her evil side to use it. Sadly, it looks like next week will focus only on Kouga and Yuna.
Old 2012-11-04, 10:42   Link #1123
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Next week is Cancer, since Kurumada had always been harsh to the Cancer saint I'd like to see what twist Omega came up with for this one.
It will be the ultimate twist if Cancer turns out to be a decent man and let our Bronze Saints pass through .

So far, Cancer Manigoldo is still THE MAN .
Old 2012-11-04, 11:31   Link #1124
Justin_Brett

One episode and she already has two pages of fanart on pixiv. Most of it pretty good.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 13:53   Link #1125
Key Board
Carbon

Harbinger and Paradox has delivered so far

let's see what Cancer is like next week. He seems to be a sadist.

are all Cancer saints sadists, though? I wonder if his name will be just as hammy as DeathMask
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 14:29   Link #1126
xellos2099

I am not sure why anyone can live these gold saint... most of them seems sadist and boring... This feel like "I am evil because I can and we need bosses before the end" style
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 18:32   Link #1127
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

There is something I don't get...

Now that each Cloth is related to an element, what are the Gemini and Cancer Cloth related to ?
"Dimension shifting" and "Pseudo-necromancia" are not really elemental based...

Is it a power unique to a gold Cloth ?
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 19:56   Link #1128
PzIVf3

Im lost we need a guide map and the enemy check points.

Spoiler for Guide Map:
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 20:03   Link #1129
will1707

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
There is something I don't get...

Now that each Cloth is related to an element, what are the Gemini and Cancer Cloth related to ?
"Dimension shifting" and "Pseudo-necromancia" are not really elemental based...

Is it a power unique to a gold Cloth ?
Dimension shifting seems to be inherent to all Gemini Saints, maybe her element is water? she used a technique related to it. (even if it looked purple... thunder or darkness?)

and the Pseudo-necromancia, again, inherent to all cancer saints, because of the mythology behind the cancer constellation (Don't remember where i read it, but the cancer constellation was supposedly the entrance to the afterlife)
will1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 20:51   Link #1130
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Harbinger and Paradox has delivered so far

let's see what Cancer is like next week. He seems to be a sadist.

are all Cancer saints sadists, though? I wonder if his name will be just as hammy as DeathMask
Hopefully his name follows the "Death" tend of Deathtoll and Deathmask with something like Deathwish.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 21:12   Link #1131
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
I am not sure why anyone can live these gold saint... most of them seems sadist and boring... This feel like "I am evil because I can and we need bosses before the end" style
I completely disagree. Most of them, who? We've only learned the backstories and motives of two Gold Saints and Harbinger is already way more interesting than Aldebaran, who barely had a personality.

And i think it's too soon to call them "evil". Both Harbinger and Paradox have reasons to be with Mars, which might be questionable, but reasons anyway. I think Harbinger, for instance, has a high chance of redemption. They might be just misled, and the original series had its fair share of misled Gold Saints who seemed evil and sadist at first (like Milo, Shura and even Shaka). Pretty sure that's gonna happen again, moreso because there's no way the new generation will actually beat about 10 powerful Gold Saints in regular fights.

And Paradox, she has an "evil" side, sure, but that's a staple of Gemini Saints. At least it came up with an interesting twist here, and her confrontation with Ryuhou is enormously original for this franchise, so far.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 21:55   Link #1132
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Hopefully his name follows the "Death" tend of Deathtoll and Deathmask with something like Deathwish.
Charles Bronson will beat him for using that name .
Old 2012-11-04, 22:34   Link #1133
Justin_Brett

It might be more complicated with Paradox than just having a good half and an evil one. They have equal traits in both areas so far.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 22:59   Link #1134
Miraluka
Banned

Guys, this french magazine that got the news about Omega getting gree-lit:

Just said that ND manga might be getting an anime.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 23:06   Link #1135
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Please don’t tell me it’s by the same staff who brought us Hades Inferno & Elysium. “Good execution” is apparently doesn't exist in their dictionary.
Old 2012-11-04, 23:08   Link #1136
Miraluka
Banned

Dunno, but seems it won't be a long running series but likely a 12 ovas series and since SS by Kurumada belongs to Toei its likely this would be getting animated by Umakoshi's main team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Im lost we need a guide map and the enemy check points.

Spoiler for Guide Map:
Do you have that Sagitarius Seiya in a bigger size? Its so damn epic .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 03:14   Link #1137
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
It might be more complicated with Paradox than just having a good half and an evil one. They have equal traits in both areas so far.
That's because her "love" side is plain selfish, although she seriously believes she's doing the right thing. Paradox is really made of contradictions, as her self-adopted name implies.
But yeah, this means her "hate" side must have some sort of compassion too - as foreshadowed when she fixed the flower.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 06:27   Link #1138
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
His name is

Spoiler:
Old 2012-11-05, 07:36   Link #1139
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
His name is

Spoiler:
Ah, love that different name.

If they insist on using Death-related name again (for no good reason), it’ll be redundant.

Btw, I doubt they’re using Scylla though. It’s the Scale’s name of one of Poseidon’s General, Scylla Io. It'll be strange/redundant if they're using it again.
Old 2012-11-05, 12:13   Link #1140
SidVicious
Anime addict

Need some Paradox fanart.

Tags
action, shounen