AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-15, 21:20   Link #1
Gundam Zero Force

Certian kind of Romance/Action anime . . . .

ok I am looking for something that is more mainstream . . . . something I can go out to best buy and get . . . . I will be making a trip there next week and I want to get out of my Gundam Series hole and see something else . . .

I really don't like going into a long explanation of why I cannot download stuff . . . so I just say . . I can't down load stuff It needs to be something that I can go out and purchase . . . with that said . . .

I am hoping I can have a list of 1 or 2 anime series that contain what I am looking for . . .

1) Guy/Girl relationship . . . you know a little give and take here but they love eachother and the series ends GOOD . . I hate seeing anime series that are good but leave you feeling empty

2) EMOTION . . . I want to cry/feel good about watching the series and enjoy it

3) Some action would be nice . . maybe something with the guy having to save/protect the girl . . .

I know there are a lot of great people on this site You are all very smart and you all know your anime very well . . . no need to rush, post if you feel like there is an anime that pertains to this . . . thanks .

oh yeah . .the list . . . the list of anime I have seen . . . well uh . . . err . . . there really is not much of a list Mainly Gundam stuff . . . I know sad But that is why I am getting some different type of anime to broaden my horizon

Thanks to all . . .I appreciate you time
Old 2006-12-15, 22:43   Link #2
Jimbasushi

Send a message via AIM to Jimbasushi
hi : )

Eureka7
since you like gundam i really think you would really enjoy this one. It has a unique plot, great music, a steady romance through out and has a ample amount of action as well. Really think you will like this one. : ) (was too hard to think of a short summary for this one lol) just watch it : D

Fate/StayNight
About a boy named shirou who gets involved in this ritual tournament with his servant(spirit) and how they duel with other duos and try to obtain the holy grail-the prize that will allow a wish to be granted. this is also a great anime to watch ^^ has a great story being unique and has good animation, a developing romance and great music. a must see as well.

well i hope these two will help you start off on your considerations on which anime to look into and purchase : )
Old 2006-12-15, 22:44   Link #3
sukreih
okusenman!okusenman!

Action anime with romance...come to think of it,lots of Shonen mangas come to this point where female characters are invisible..(xcept in the service scenes)
I think a lot will recommend School Rumble,so I'll pass that..
If you saw Gundam stuff,I'm sure you've watched Gundam X and G Gundam,so pass that too..(btw I love Garod and Tifa from Gundam X.So cute.)

1)Gravion/Gravion Zwei (2 series,24 eps)
One of my favourites..in a lot of ways.Wait til you see the epilogue..lol

2)Martian Succesor Nadesico(26 eps)
First I thought of it as a simple harem parody anime..boy I was wrong..Nadesico is just great!See the Movie after you see the TV series.

3)The Big O (Season 1,2 26 eps)
Season 2 is weak compared to season 1,but season 2 has its good parts.

4)Eureka 7(51 eps)
To tell you the truth, I despise the Lantern/Eureka coupling...srry to the fans. But I'm all the way for Anemone and Dominique..hehe.

--Oh geez it's all mecha related...let's think of non-mecha animes..hmmm....

5)Gunslinger Girl (12 eps)
Should I say romance...? I still consider it a beautiful and sad anime..(doesn't mean that it has a bad ending!)

6)3x3 eyes (OVA..not quite sure of how many eps..)
I was crazy over this in middle school.

7)Blue Seed (26 eps)
Same author as 3x3 eyes..also one of my middle school obsessions.

8)Baoh the Visitor (movie)
Condensed the manga way to short..but I still liked it.Has its daily violence dose,too.

9)Record of Lodoss War (OVA,13 eps)
Deedlit is so pretty..<-yeah that's exactly what I was thinking(or was it the only thing..) while watching the whole thing

10)Vision of Escaflowne (26 eps)
Hitomi was kindda annoying at the beginning/middle part..but I guess it can be forgiven..

---
Urgh, stopped brainstorming.I usually don't pay attention to romance in especially action genres..(in most of them,either the girl is invisible or this mysterious/magic-user/memory loss/propahcy type anyways.) I'll write more once something else comes to mind

And like to add that you're not alone..I'm one of the Relena sama banzai people..
Old 2006-12-15, 23:50   Link #4
Gundam Zero Force

Thanks you all!

I got a list . . . . now

Eureka 7 sounds good . . .

um sukreih, what did you mean by . . . .
Quote:
To tell you the truth, I despise the Lantern/Eureka coupling...srry to the fans. But I'm all the way for Anemone and Dominique..hehe
. . . . I am kinda confused . .did you mean the couples in it was different than you liked???

Thanks again . . yeah it does not have to be mecha stuff . . . . I do enjoy that of course but really I want to broaden my horizons in anime with other stuff . . . . It does not have to be SF either just you know Original
Old 2006-12-16, 00:13   Link #5
sukreih
okusenman!okusenman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam Zero Force View Post
um sukreih, what did you mean by . . . . . . . . I am kinda confused . .did you mean the couples in it was different than you liked???
Oh,srry about that.. I'll try to elaborate:
Lantern and Eureka are the main-featured couple in Eureka 7.(these two are the hero and the heroine) What I meant was that I don't like the pairing,because...wellllllll.........first of all I don't like Lantern all that much(Eureka is not that bad..but as a fellow female,I didn't like it how she was featured..somewhat 'weak'..).And it gets kindda boring especially thru the later part of the episodes with those two being all huggy moochy moody...all the time(no,I didn't think it was cute..).okayyyyyyyyyyyyy...just see for yourself,maybe I'm just being childish.There are lots of people who likes Lantern and Eureka...I think.
Well anyways,Eureka 7 has tons of couples...Anemone and Dominique one of them. Simply put,I like Anemone x Dominique,but not Lantern x Eureka.(I also like Charles and Ray too..)

Even with that whole Lantern Eureka thinggy(which is important in the storyline) going on,I consider it's still a good piece of anime.
Old 2006-12-16, 00:54   Link #6
Jimbasushi

Send a message via AIM to Jimbasushi
basically you wont understand till you watch the anime: ) lol
Old 2006-12-16, 04:13   Link #7
NLAngel

DN Angel. Action and Romance, what more could you want?
The last bit made be cry because it was so good and I didn't want it to end. Some bits of the story was quite sad, made my heart hurt. Hehe.. especially bits with the main boy and girl.
Its 26 episodes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D.N.Angel
Read the info above. Sounds good eh?
Old 2006-12-16, 05:44   Link #8
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

DN Angel is 50% useless fillers ... not the best thing you would want to buy. Personally i hated Eureka 7, but since a lot of people like it - give it a shot. (and it being mecha related must be a bonus for you )
Old 2006-12-16, 12:18   Link #9
MamoruUsagi

There are lots of great romance anime/manga series where the couple are dating and become boyfriend/girlfriend during the beginning of the series and get married. For the romance part

Bokura ga Ita

Sailor Moon

Fushigi Yuugi
Ayashi no Ceres
Mars
Happy Hustle High
Wild Act
Kare Kano
Fushigi Yugi
The Devil Does Exist
Akuma De Sourou
Mars
High School Debut
Kare First Love
Paradise Kiss
Absolute Boyfriend
Peach Girl
Akuma De Sourou
Marmalade Boy
Sailor Moon
Sensual Phrase
Punch!
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
Love Attack
Black Bird
Land of te Blindfolded
Ultra Cute

Fushigi Yugi is a wonderful romance/fantasy series. The manga is much longer than the anime. The couple become boyfriend/girlfriend during the beginning of the series and are in a serious relationship during the series and dating. The manga is much longer and much better than the anime. It's so romantic with lots of series.

Ceres Celestial Legend manga is great, lots of action/romance/excitement. The manga is much longer and better than the anime. Lots of sex, kissing, making out and living together. Couple has a kid.

Sailor Moon has the couple as boyfriend/girlfriend and dating during the series and they get engaged, get married, have a child. 200 anime episodes, 18 manga volumes, the live action series.

Wild Act is an amazing romance and action manga, lots of sex and kissing.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-08-13 at 13:26.
Old 2006-12-16, 15:24   Link #10
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
Oh,srry about that.. I'll try to elaborate:
Lantern and Eureka are the main-featured couple in Eureka 7.(these two are the hero and the heroine) What I meant was that I don't like the pairing,because...wellllllll.........first of all I don't like Lantern all that much(Eureka is not that bad..but as a fellow female,I didn't like it how she was featured..somewhat 'weak'..).And it gets kindda boring especially thru the later part of the episodes with those two being all huggy moochy moody...all the time(no,I didn't think it was cute..).okayyyyyyyyyyyyy...just see for yourself,maybe I'm just being childish.There are lots of people who likes Lantern and Eureka...I think.
Well anyways,Eureka 7 has tons of couples...Anemone and Dominique one of them. Simply put,I like Anemone x Dominique,but not Lantern x Eureka.(I also like Charles and Ray too..)

Even with that whole Lantern Eureka thinggy(which is important in the storyline) going on,I consider it's still a good piece of anime.
oh ok . . . . . now I get it thanks for the fill in . .I was kinda lost at first

Quote:
basically you wont understand till you watch the anime: ) lol
yeah I figured that out . . . . well I guess a lot of people like Eureka 7 . . . I am tempted to go get this one . . . .I have a feeling that I will not be dissiapointed due to the fact it seems right down my alley

Thanks for all the info . . . now I got a list! Anymore suggestions are always welcome!
Old 2006-12-16, 18:31   Link #11
Lavabyle
A Ninny Moose

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien is enjoyable, there's complex romance, and it has a heart-wrenching ending, check it out
Old 2006-12-16, 18:41   Link #12
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavabyle View Post
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien is enjoyable, there's complex romance, and it has a heart-wrenching ending, check it out
that sounds good . . . .you wouldn't happen to be able to give me a little taste of what it is about would ya??? I am curious
Old 2006-12-16, 19:40   Link #13
kayos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamoruUsagi View Post

Bokura ga Ita

Sailor Moon

Fushigi Yuugi

Ayashi no Ceres

Happy Hustle High

Marmalade Boy

Kare Kano

Kodocha

Fushigi Yugi

Boys Over Flowers

Akuma De Sourou

Mars

Hot Gimmick

Kare First Love

Paradise Kiss

Absolute Boyfriend

Kaikan Phrase

Peach Girl

Punch!

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien

Ultra Maniac

Fushigi Yugi is a wonderful romance/fantasy series.
I absolutely agree, Fushigi Yuugi (it must be good, it was named twice) is one of the best action, romance and fantasy anime I've seen. The list looks good, great taste.
Old 2006-12-30, 15:28   Link #14
noname3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavabyle View Post
your banner, what anime was THAT? looks cool.
Old 2008-09-11, 18:49   Link #15
gorillamonky

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname3 View Post
your banner, what anime was THAT? looks cool.
it looks like one of the gundom series (thats the type of mecha that seiries tends to have) although i cant give a specific one
Old 2008-09-12, 17:58   Link #16
NervZero
RAWR!!!

Send a message via AIM to NervZero
This might not be "main stream" enought but you can buy it look at amazon.com

Speed Grapher http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=4579

Please look at the link this show is ummm no good for kids to watch.
Old 2009-04-24, 12:55   Link #17
Roxygal

I must say that Code Geass: Lelouch of the rebellion is really really good. It has its fair share of romance, with lots of action. You can get lost in it pretty easily o-o.

There are two seasons, and im about halfway through the second. I love it so much, but it does make you cry here and there. I would check it out.

(oh, btw, i watch it in japanese with subs. I dont know about you, but the english dub sounds really cheesy to me. Especially in this anime.)
Old 2009-04-24, 14:14   Link #18
libba
nepenthes rajah

I can't believe nobody mentioned Full Metal Panic, it's a classic, it has romance and action and a bit of humor (in the second season especially). Though it also has mecha, a lot of people dislike that, but since you watch Gundam...

Code Geass is extremely cool, but no feel-good ending, this anime has a certain feel of Greek tragedy, especially R2.
Old 2009-04-24, 14:34   Link #19
cerrian

*points to op's date
Old 2009-04-26, 22:10   Link #20
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Rurouni Kenshin
http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/rurouni-kenshin

Full Metal Panic
http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/full-metal-panic

Black Lagoon