AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-10-24, 22:37   Link #41
chupacabra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
and I just remembered about a rumor of a online HM, anyone know anything about this?
I saw the site, a while ago but it disappeared as soon as it came
Old 2007-11-08, 13:10   Link #42
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
and I just remembered about a rumor of a online HM, anyone know anything about this?
Independent fan community project. Suffered from MASSIVE scope creep (start out with the most essential elements, guys. Remember the GB HMs?), and finally kicked the bucket with no real progress.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 02:55   Link #43
westbluef
The Jesting Fool

The first that I played was BtN, and I loved it. the two sequels on the PS2 really did lack the magic that was in the PS version.
I wish they'd make a new Harvest Moon for the PS2 in good old 2d version. I'd defiantly buy that.
westbluef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 20:32   Link #44
Minorou
Hmm...

Send a message via AIM to Minorou Send a message via MSN to Minorou
Ah, Harvest Moon... such great memories. I still remember the day my grandfather got me HM64 at Toys 'R Us for my birthday. I spent the entire night playing the game, and didn't get a good night's sleep for several weeks afterward. It's enchanting how a game about farming can be so fun. After I played HM64 to death (clocked over 20 'years'), I went on to get the GBC version, Friends of Mineral Town, A Wonderful Life, HMDS, and Rune Factory.

Got to say, HM64 was my hands-down favorite. Rune Factory is a close second. Actually, I remember getting the sprites of the girls you can marry in Rune Factory (both normal and wedding dress), I made a sig or two of 'em. Quite fun.
Old 2007-11-13, 03:16   Link #45
AnimeFangirl

I love Harvest Moon so much I dreamt recently that I grew a patch of strawberries and cucumbers (a la Rune Factory) and then a bulldozer ran through the garden and mowed them all down . The most recent HMs I played are It's a Wonderful Life and Save the Homeland, both for the PS2 and both completely sucky. I'm thinking of buying one for the GC sometime, but I worry that HM just isn't suited to console playing.
Old 2007-11-13, 06:22   Link #46
westbluef
The Jesting Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
Ibut I worry that HM just isn't suited to console playing.
Actually if you only played the PS2 then you missed the BtN in the PS1 version. It was one of the best harvest moon in the cosoles the PS2 versions were ..meh..
Old 2007-11-14, 11:11   Link #47
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
I'm thinking of buying one for the GC sometime, but I worry that HM just isn't suited to console playing.
Huh? HM was born in the consoles, and never strayed from them...

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 02:53   Link #48
AnimeFangirl

The only good HM for a console I've played so far is the original one for SNES, which is the first one I've played. The rest have been major disappointments. westbluef, what's BtN? Ah, Back to Nature.
Old 2007-11-18, 01:49   Link #49
westbluef
The Jesting Fool

Hmmmmm.. I haven't played the original SNES version but Back to Nature was the first that I played and played it again and again and again and again...(I think you get the idea )
Old 2007-11-18, 04:34   Link #50
Oppius
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by westbluef View Post
Hmmmmm.. I haven't played the original SNES version but Back to Nature was the first that I played and played it again and again and again and again...(I think you get the idea )
Yeah BTN was the best HM game ever but two newer games in PS2 ruined the entire franchise.Fortunately Natsume remaked that game for PSP just recently.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 13:34   Link #51
CheoChiem

Send a message via AIM to CheoChiem Send a message via MSN to CheoChiem
Yeah harvest moon rocks! One of the games I am addicted to I play too much of it ! ^^
CheoChiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 14:28   Link #52
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

The first Harvest Moon I played was Back to Nature for the PS. I recently passed it onto a friend so she could enjoy it as well. I was hooked, and now my HM addiction is back. I need my fix! Where are the titles for the Wii? I hope they're as good as BtN was.
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 15:27   Link #53
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

My very first Harvest Moon was the one on the GameBoy. I forgot how I got it... But it totally hooked me. I went on to buy Harvest Moon 2 and 3 on the GBC. Played them to death as well. HM64 though... Oh man that one hooked me for so long. Taking the farming of the GB/GBC ones and adding in the ability to get married and add more characters and such?

Back to Nature... That one too sucked up my life. Took the bits of 64 that were good and then added new ones to improve on them. I only played the Save the Homeland on PS2, and yes. It was horrible. Took everything good about Harvest Moon, threw it out, and put in something new.

Harvest Moon DS was great too. It had elements of Back to Nature in it, so I enjoyed it a lot. Plus come on... Gambling!

A Wonderful Life was a interesting one. The only Harvest Moon, besides StH, to actually have a 'ending'. It was a really wonderful game I think myself. I missed things like Power Berries, but I liked how as you used tools more your character's Stamina naturally went up, it felt more realistic. I haven't played the PS2 remake, where you can marry everyone's favorite jailbait Lumina, or the For Girls version. Not enough money @_@

Haven't played Rune Factory though... And no Wii so I haven't looked into the HM coming out on it. D:
Old 2007-12-01, 11:38   Link #54
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Harvest Moon DS was great too. It had elements of Back to Nature in it, so I enjoyed it a lot. Plus come on... Gambling!
My biggest concern with the DS one was it was very glitchy. It's a good thing this only became evident in the second file I created - espacially around winter time.

Lol, I think we're part of a minority that actually liked the AWL series (I purchased the girl version for the cube). I didn't really like the variety of bachelors (or bachelorettes), but the change in gameplay was kinda interesting. For one, I think it emphasized raising livestock, despite all the neat stuff you cna do with your plants (crossbreed and such).

Magical Melody for the cube was sort of a return to traditional HM, with a huge cast of characters that moved into town as it progressed. Music sucked, IMO, you had very little local land to work with (house takes up too much space, regardless of property) and it felt as if something was "missing".

Rune Factory is okay. Farming/befriending is all there, you've got (badly sampled) character voices. I didn't really like the new form of livestock and the battle system wasn't very fluid (can't move while attacking/casting spells).
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 18:49   Link #55
krisslanza

Yeah Harvest Moon DS is full of glitches. Some of these prevent you from marrying the Witch Princess or the Harvest Goddess... But most players won't notice this unless they try to marry those two. Along with other ones (like in Winter).

I liked Nami and Lumina myself... Although you can't marry Lumina in the 'cube so I picked Nami. Celia is nice too, but I don't really like Muffy... She looks like she has long pig legs on the art.

Didn't Magical Melody have that DS feature that you place your structures, rather then them being pre-built? It was fun in the DS being able to make all those different buildings... It also gave you extra good reasons to save every day.
Old 2007-12-02, 00:05   Link #56
westbluef
The Jesting Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Lol, I think we're part of a minority that actually liked the AWL series
Don't worry you're not alone... I too liked the AWL but the only one I played was the in the PS2 and there was only one problem with it that really turned me off to the point that I got tired of it...
"the game time"

I mean it was so slow,(I don't mean slow as in fun but slow, slow) I mean walking was like watching a snail race, and riding a horse was like a turtle...
But they said that the GC doesn't have this problem.
Old 2007-12-02, 01:58   Link #57
Oppius
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by westbluef View Post
Don't worry you're not alone... I too liked the AWL but the only one I played was the in the PS2 and there was only one problem with it that really turned me off to the point that I got tired of it...
"the game time"

I mean it was so slow,(I don't mean slow as in fun but slow, slow) I mean walking was like watching a snail race, and riding a horse was like a turtle...
But they said that the GC doesn't have this problem.
Maybe because Gamecube has better framerate than PS2.AWL Shouldn't be ported to PS2 but at least I can marry Lumina which I cannot do in native Gamecube version.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 12:41   Link #58
westbluef
The Jesting Fool

Natsume is porting Innocent Life from PSP to PS2 entitled "Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon-Special Edition".
Any comments from those that have played the PSP version?
Old 2007-12-26, 14:19   Link #59
krisslanza

I just remembered... Remember all those "For Girl" versions? If I recall in Japan... The DS one introduced a brand new feature: "Best Friends"

It was basically a way for the female farmer to 'marry' the other females. It acts just like one (That is you can't get married now and all the hearts go away) and you can even get a kid. Interesting feature if I say so myself...
Old 2007-12-26, 16:37   Link #60
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I just remembered... Remember all those "For Girl" versions? If I recall in Japan... The DS one introduced a brand new feature: "Best Friends"

It was basically a way for the female farmer to 'marry' the other females. It acts just like one (That is you can't get married now and all the hearts go away) and you can even get a kid. Interesting feature if I say so myself...
Wait, am I misunderstanding something here? There's a yuri version of Harvest Moon? Now I want a ds for some reason.